The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 01:22 AM   #126
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I do wish though on what they're labeling this film as. I mean is it a spin-off? A Direct Sequel but with the gimmick of having Batman in it as a supporting character like how Winter Soldier seems to be filled with some heroes in it, etc?

Plus, where would this leave Clark's development in tackling third world issues or becoming established to the people of the world, being a journalist, etc?

A World's Finest film seems to work better when Superman is already established. Now some could say that Superman might be established by the time the film opens up, then I'd counter with that by saying that we just lost some strong material that should have been tackled and presented in a sequel for superman.

~SHH SIX~
MrMaooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #127
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #128
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i'd love to see stuff like this play out on the big screen:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That's exactly what I do NOT want to see.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #129
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #130
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
Well in case it hasn't been made painfully obvious yet, none of this was planned.

WB clearly just didn't wanna wait any longer and couldn't risk a standalone MOS sequel given the mixed response to the first one. That's what I take from this anyway.
1. It was a joke
2. How do you know it wasn't planned and just a reaction to the "mixed response"? Reports have said that Goyer and Snyder have been at this sequel for months now, Hans Zimmer has always said similar.

More to the point,
For months it's been said that WB wanted a JLA film out for 2015, and that had absolutely nothing to do with MOS' performance? Partially, because that talk began the minute Avengers2 was announced.
It's fine that there are people that want to validate their troubled feelings with the film in some assertion that WB didn't feel comfortable with MOS' performance.

I do hope those people, wherever they are ask themselves one thing: If avengers and ep7 weren't announced, what would WB have done? In short, this seemingly has more to do with competing in the high billion dollar club than it does with the minority of people that gave MOS mixed reviews.

Moreover, WB needs to start playing the long smart game. Seeing how Avengers has and will help the marvel solo's, releasing a crossover film is going to do wonders for the brands in the immediate future.
Clearly.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:26 AM   #131
Loki882
Side-Kick

It's ironic that the event that will be the dawn of the age of heroes is Superman snapping a guy's neck to prevent global genocide.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #132
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

lol; if they're aiming to release this film sometime in Summer 2015...then they're going to need to start shooting during Summer 2014. So we should hear some casting news by next Spring.

Jeez, I wish we would get some clarification soon, especially on this matter where no one knows exactly on how much Superman's time will be reduced in favor of Batman.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #133
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
lol; if they're aiming to release this film sometime in Summer 2015...then they're going to need to start shooting during Summer 2014. So we should hear some casting news by next Spring.

Jeez, I wish we would get some clarification soon, especially on this matter where no one knows exactly on how much Superman's time will be reduced in favor of Batman.
I think we're actually going to get casting news by the end of this year.

~SHH SIX~
Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #134
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I understand the issue Superman fans would have with sharing screen time with Batman in just a second film, normally I would be upset as one of those fans however I believe DC needs to start moving to a shared universe ASAP. I think it's smart to have a team-up movie before another solo Superman movie as WB and DC are far behind when compared to Marvel Studios. I think this is a great and logical move to make, start building the shared universe now. Superman can have solo adventures later. He is my favorite DC hero but its beyond time to build the road to a potential Justice League.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #135
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
1. It was a joke
2. How do you know it wasn't planned and just a reaction to the "mixed response"? Reports have said that Goyer and Snyder have been at this sequel for months now, Hans Zimmer has always said similar.

More to the point,
For months it's been said that WB wanted a JLA film out for 2015, and that had absolutely nothing to do with MOS' performance? Partially, because that talk began the minute Avengers2 was announced.
It's fine that there are people that want to validate their troubled feelings with the film in some assertion that WB didn't feel comfortable with MOS' performance.

I do hope those people, wherever they are ask themselves one thing: If avengers and ep7 weren't announced, what would WB have done? In short, this seemingly has more to do with competing in the high billion dollar club than it does with the minority of people that gave MOS mixed reviews.

Moreover, WB needs to start playing the long smart game. Seeing how Avengers has and will help the marvel solo's, releasing a crossover film is going to do wonders for the brands in the immediate future.
Clearly.
It's only a shame that Superman's franchise had to be affected as a result of this. Truth be Told, if Warner Bros were more efficient about this, they could have easily beaten marvel when it came to assembling their group of heroes first, but nope, the just continued to rely on Batman and lesser on Superman.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:28 AM   #136
Andreth
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I think the film will probably jump a year or more ahead given how much rebuilding there is to do and so I can see Lois and Clark being in a relationship at this point, I mean she knows everything about him so there is really no reason to go over old ground with their dynamic, lets go forward.

My guess is that Bruce will enter the story in a business situation with Lex who has funded the rebuilding of Metropolis and things will move from there with Lois perhaps interviewing him and having a per-concieved notion that he's an arrogant playboy but instead simply finds him a better guy than she'd imagined, nothing more. A love triangle would be redundant as everyone knows Clark and Lois are where it's at, Bruce will always be alone due to his demons.

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:29 AM   #137
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I understand the issue Superman fans would have with sharing screen time with Batman in just a second film, normally I would be upset as one of those fans however I believe DC needs to start moving to a shared universe ASAP. I think it's smart to have a team-up movie before another solo Superman movie as WB and DC are far behind when compared to Marvel Studios. I think this is a great and logical move to make, start building the shared universe now. Superman can have solo adventures later. He is my favorite DC hero but its beyond time to build the road to a potential Justice League.
The only real big problem is that Superman isn't entirely "Superman" yet. He just barely started at the end of MOS. So now ALL OF THE DEVELOPMENT that we should have gotten in seeing him come to terms with his new identity and job as a hero is going to be scrapped in favor of this crossover.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #138
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or Bruce is dating a new version of Selina (they're building a DCCU after all).

Old 07-21-2013, 01:31 AM   #139
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Or Bruce is dating a new version of Selina (they're building a DCCU after all).
Well, one thing is for sure, we'll definitely be getting a new Alfred as well since wherever Batman goes, Alfred isn't far behind.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #140
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
The only real big problem is that Superman isn't entirely "Superman" yet. He just barely started at the end of MOS. So now ALL OF THE DEVELOPMENT that we should have gotten in seeing him come to terms with his new identity and job as a hero is going to be scrapped in favor of this crossover.
Agreed. Superman is barely Superman and already he is being teamed up. I want a WF film, just not this soon.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #141
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Well, one thing is for sure, we'll definitely be getting a new Alfred as well since wherever Batman goes, Alfred isn't far behind.
Damn..totally forgot about recasting Alfred. Michael Caine was great!

~SHH SIX~
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #142
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

If they we're planning a team-up from the get go in a MoS follow up we probably would have seen a more developed superman then we saw. As it left off he was still in superman in training mode.

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #143
Loki882
Side-Kick

They might do a time skip, so Superman may be Superman after all.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:34 AM   #144
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Agreed. Superman is barely Superman and already he is being teamed up. I want a WF film, just not this soon.
Agreed; we still need to see him get set up in metropolis, see how the people of the world are reacting to him..well..being there as their supposed guardian...seeing him established as a reporter alongside Lois in the DP, etc.

It's like going from the first Hobbit Film to the Fellowship of the ring.lol

Old 07-21-2013, 01:35 AM   #145
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
If they we're planning a team-up from the get go in a MoS follow up we probably would have seen a more developed superman then we saw. As it left off he was still in superman in training mode.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
They might do a time skip, so Superman may be Superman after all.
Which again sucks for Superman fans in a way because that was the thing that most of us were looking towards seeing in the supposed, now scrapped, MOS 2 film.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:37 AM   #146
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
That's exactly what I do NOT want to see.

Me too.... BECAUSE IT MAKES NO DAMMNED SENSE AT ALL!!!

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:38 AM   #147
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Agreed; we still need to see him get set up in metropolis, see how the people of the world are reacting to him..well..being there as their supposed guardian...seeing him established as a reporter alongside Lois in the DP, etc.

It's like going from the first Hobbit Film to the Fellowship of the ring.lol
Unfortunately this movie is being made now not because of what is best for the character and his story but what will make the most money. WF vs. MOS 2. WF wins everyday, twice on Sunday. Oh well. WB just doesn't think MOS 2 can compete in that 2015 lineup.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #148
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
Unfortunately this movie is being made now not because of what is best for the character and his story but what will make the most money. WF vs. MOS 2. WF wins everyday, twice on Sunday. Oh well. WB just doesn't think MOS 2 can compete in that 2015 lineup.
Maybe the superman curse does exist after all.haha Talk about bad timing for Superman.

I wonder, if MOS had been released in 2012 like originally planned, if they only had two years before another dc film, then we may have gotten a real MOS 2 for 2014..and justice league or world's finest for 2015.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #149
geetard
In Tsujihara We Trust

Just watched a live footage of the announcement. *goosebumps*

geetard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:48 AM   #150
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Me too.... BECAUSE IT MAKES NO DAMMNED SENSE AT ALL!!!
unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, it's probably going to happen because most people want to see that.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote