The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Misc. Superman Films

Old 07-21-2013, 01:49 AM   #151
Side-Kick

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
That's exactly what I do NOT want to see.
WHAT? How could you NOT want to see that? That scene right there sums up my childhood. Batman, briefly, gets the better of Supes and then Supes just pwns him.

I don't want kryptonite to exist in the DCCU but if Batman uses it very sparingly then I can live with that.

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #152
The Riddler
WITH NEW MATERIAL

Default Re: LA Times is reporting that WB will announce World's Finest movie for 2015 - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed; we still need to see him get set up in metropolis, see how the people of the world are reacting to him..well..being there as their supposed guardian...seeing him established as a reporter alongside Lois in the DP, etc.

It's like going from the first Hobbit Film to the Fellowship of the ring.lol
i don't see why you can't have that stuff still. batman being in the film and taking screen time away doesn't mean superman's story will not move forward.

If Kmack > the rest of you.
And Riddler > Kmack
Does that mean Riddler = God?
The Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:51 AM   #153
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

It's actually sad that this movie could actually end up pitting superman and batman fans against each other now?...

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #154
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
i don't see why you can't have that stuff still. batman being in the film and taking screen time away doesn't mean superman's story will not move forward.
Because that part of superman's story will no longer be THE MAIN story. the main story will be largely focused on how Batman and Superman meet and where they go on from that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It's actually sad that this movie could actually end up pitting superman and batman fans against each other now?...
If people think Marvel vs DC fans are rough, I think this battle will make that look like two kittens fighting over a yarn ball.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #155
writer0327
Side-Kick

Quote:
Maybe the superman curse does exist after all.haha Talk about bad timing for Superman.

I wonder, if MOS had been released in 2012 like originally planned, if they only had two years before another dc film, then we may have gotten a real MOS 2 for 2014..and justice league or world's finest for 2015.
Maybe. But DC/WB moves in slow motion. I'm just glad they are not sitting on their hands. WF and Flash announced today is fantastic news.

writer0327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #156
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
That happens all the time anyways, I know I use my love of Superman to attack my friends who praise Batman all the time lol. They think Superman is boring and uninteresting.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:55 AM   #157
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

This is a follow up to MoS and the first Batman movie.

I don't see the problem.

Who says this movie won't give us Superman character development?

Introducing Batman is a logical/interesting next step to Clark's story imo.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #158
golfguy22
Side-Kick

It was stated that Supes would be realized in "WF" (even though that probably wont be the title). This means that Superman will in fact grow into the character we know and love. How does the inclusion of batman ruin Superman's development? Batman doesn't have to be a mentor or the reason Clark finally becomes THE Superman, he can still do that on his own. Batman should and most likely WILL be strictly an ally (probably with inside info on Lex's business dealings crucial to any investigations and in a fight). Fans wont need bats development to overshadow supes because they are already familiar with most of his backstory (latest bats franchise only ended recently). All he needs to do is be badass (in his own way) while letting supes take up the majority of the screen and be even more badass because it will be HIS movie. Nowhere has DC made any indication that this movie will belong to anybody BESIDES superman. Sometimes even heroes need backup ,and in this case that backup will surely be Bruce Wayne.

golfguy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #159
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

I don't see the problem.

first Batman movie?

Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #160
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer0327 View Post
Maybe. But DC/WB moves in slow motion. I'm just glad they are not sitting on their hands. WF and Flash announced today is fantastic news.
That's true, which is why Superman's franchise is suffering from it because I guarantee you that if Warner Bros. didn't have to worry about Marvel, then they wouldn't have rushed this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

I don't see the problem.

If someone could actually write down a convincing post on why Batman's inclusion into superman's world serves as the next logical step to Clark's own journey that started from MOS, then I will actually praise that said poster.lol

Old 07-21-2013, 01:58 AM   #161
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
first Batman movie?
for the new DCU.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:59 AM   #162
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:

If people think Marvel vs DC fans are rough, I think this battle will make that look like two kittens fighting over a yarn ball.lol
It just seems worse because it's "in the family" now. You can hate on strangers but family drama trumps all...

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:00 AM   #163
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
for the new DCU.
Is there one coming before this film? He said a follow up to the first Batman move.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:03 AM   #164
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Is there one coming before this film? He said a follow up to the first Batman move.
Oh..in that case, I have no idea what he's talking about then.lol

this will be the first time that Batman is being introduced within this new DCU.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:04 AM   #165
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Riddler View Post
unfortunately for you, and fortunately for me, it's probably going to happen because most people want to see that.

Riddle me this.... How can a human, even a peak human, flip a being who is shown to do things Superman does in MOS? And I swear if your answer is he's the G-Damned Batman....

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:05 AM   #166
Marvin
Side-Kick

If people think there won't be character dev in this film, what must they think of the new xmen movie...

Old 07-21-2013, 02:07 AM   #167
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Riddle me this.... How can a human, even a peak human, flip a being who is shown to do things Superman does in MOS? And I swear if your answer is he's the G-Damned Batman....
1. Superman doesn't actually weight all that much more than he looks
2. Superman didn't fight it, he was just as surprised as the rest of us that an assumed ally would do such a thing.
3. He's batman, when nolan isn't in charge he's kinda cool that way.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:09 AM   #168
Loki882
Side-Kick

Batman caught him by surprise with a martial arts move. Superman's powers aren't active all the time, only when he chooses to use them.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:11 AM   #169
rks943
Side-Kick

Watching the video of the announcement gave me chills

rks943 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #170
kalelvis
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's true, which is why Superman's franchise is suffering from it because I guarantee you that if Warner Bros. didn't have to worry about Marvel, then they wouldn't have rushed this.

If someone could actually write down a convincing post on why Batman's inclusion into superman's world serves as the next logical step to Clark's own journey that started from MOS, then I will actually praise that said poster.lol
Logical is a tricky word when dealing with fictional situations but one logical scenario for the characters meeting is that Bruce Wayne, Billionaire philanthropist comes to Metropolis for ribbon cutting ceremonies marking the first stage of a Luthor/Wayne collaboration to rebuild after the alien attack. Lex Luthor's anti-Superman campaign is in full swing.

In the face of the destruction it is absolutely logical for Bruce Wayne to be in Metropolis and for the Daily Planet to be covering his presence in the city.

The scenario is logical and from a story telling perspective full of potential. Often the best way to really under stand a character is to place them in contrast to other characters. If we want to see superman become the symbol of hope promised in the first movie then having him play of Lex Luthor and Bruce Wayne/Batman could be awesome. This is also true for Batman. What a wonderful way to develop a clear understanding of his character without doing a full origin. If they keep the non-linear structure from MoS (and BB) it will be easy enough to give us glimpses the new Batman's origin without retreading a well traveled road.

For the record, i would prefer a more Superman focused sequel but I can definitely see this approach working wonderfully.

Last edited by kalelvis; 07-21-2013 at 02:21 AM.
kalelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:16 AM   #171
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I'm just more worried about how this film might just make many skeptics say that Superman can't hold his own film, needs batman to do so, couldn't take down Lex without his help, etc...even if they are all unfounded because Superman dare I say has more angry critics than Batman from what I've seen over the years.

Plus, it's not exactly inspiring to hear that Snyder IS A FAN of Miller's work..the same dude that destroyed Superman in TDKReturns

Old 07-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #172
Andreth
Side-Kick

Quote:

"A human with me at the end, and human tears. 2000 years and I can still be surprised. In this I see God."
TRUEBLOOD
Andreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #173
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Batman caught him by surprise with a martial arts move. Superman's powers aren't active all the time, only when he chooses to use them.
I don't buy that even for a second. His muscles/strength, his super reaction time, general invulnerability, hell the list goes on and on makes that just seem way off base to me. Also... I don't think Supes has to be defecated on just to make Bats cool in some way. Seeing what Henry C.'s insanely powerful Supes did in MOS (plus that trucker scene pretty much, in my eyes disproves your point even if he was a slack jawed moron and not the Batman) actually makes that a no go for for the GA in my humble opinion.

KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:20 AM   #174
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Superman can catch bullets, lots of them at any point.
Safe bet his reflexive and super speed powers are always on.

I love the scene but it only works in a world where superman lets it happen. TAS has always been kinda fickle with skills and power levels. It's why you won't see batman judo tossing superman in the comics like this.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:21 AM   #175
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
I'm just more worried about how this film might just make many skeptics say that Superman can't hold his own film, needs batman to do so, couldn't take down Lex without his help, etc...even if they are all unfounded because Superman dare I say has more angry critics than Batman from what I've seen over the years.

Plus, it's not exactly inspiring to hear that Snyder IS A FAN of Miller's work..the same dude that destroyed Superman in TDKReturns
Same here.

Kryptonian Titan is offline   Reply With Quote