The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 04:32 PM   #326
Ajendo
Banned User

Default Re: Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

Nikolaj has always been my choice for Big Boss/Solid Snake in a MG movie.

Old 07-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #327
regwec
Shakespearo

A MG movie would probably be directed by McG. Ironic.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #328
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I dunno. I think if we go by logical deduction, the majority of the public likes Bale as Batman and the series has been a money maker. The WB wants this film to be record breaking good at box office. It seems quite likely that the WB tries to find a way to get him back. Goyer of course has stated that they are in different world's but, with the bottomline mattering as much as it does ($$$) I could see them figuring out a way for this to happen.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #329
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I'm still leaning 60% Bale 40% replacement actor for Batman.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:48 PM   #330
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

How many things does Bale have on at the moment?

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:19 PM   #331
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

bale's got two films with malick slated for 2014. nothing beyond that.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #332
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #333
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #334
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 1

If the timeline works where MOS events happened after Bruce left in TDKR, it would be great to see his reason for coming back be this alien invasion that took place and this new superhero champion "Superman". He would want a way to keep track on such non human beings, and enter the WATCHTOWER. Bruce doesn't even have to be in Gotham right away as Robin is there now.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:10 PM   #335
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 2

Then again I'm like 99% sure that Bale's Bats is done. Even Goyer has said that the Batman in the Man of Steel world is a different one.

And in that case I'm still on Team Wes Bentley at the moment.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #336
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

Especially with all the alien invasion movies that have been out, it would be cool seeing someone (Batman) really have his suspicions up and try to do something about overseeing where and what these beings are up to. Seriously he could be there to investigate Superman and maybe even save the Watchtower reveal at the end of the film.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #337
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

I don't understand why so many people have this notion that Batman has to be "younger" when the definitive Batman has always been between the age of 35-40. Weather it was the Animated series, The Burton Batman movies, and a 60+ year span in comics, Batman is on the later side of his 30's and is seasoned. Why this desire to have a 24 year old Bruce Wayne, it is beyond me.

How is the franchise ever going to progress to the point to where we are introduced to the likes of Oracle, Nightwing, the various Robins, ect, characters he meets later in life, if we keeping going back to Year One Bruce?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #338
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I don't think everyone here wants a younger Batman. I don't.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #339
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Just because Goyer said it's a different universe doesn't mean that it wouldn't be subject to change if Bale was persuaded to come onboard. Snyder said at comic con that the script is still being written. It's possible all this talk of the trilogy being unrelated and that it's a new Batman is just preparing for Bale not doing it.....which is still the most likely scenario granted. However, I think if Goyer had his choice he would go with TDK Trilogy Batman. Afterall he said in a chat a few months Batman that he had a hard time picturing anyone but Bale in the role at the moment.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #340
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

No way that Goyer has Superman at 33 and decides to make Batman younger than him. NO WAY. To me logically, we are looking at 35-42 age range.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #341
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
Yeah, who exactly is choosing 24 year olds? All the names I've liked are in their 30's.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 PM   #342
Dusty_Lane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
I damn sure don't! It's hard enough having to accept that I could possibly be older than my lifelong hero on the next go around.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #343
Fiddlesbatch
Side-Kick

I'm like 99% sure that Bale's Bats is done.[3]
I also donīt see him returning.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #344
StraightSix
Side-Kick

After some thought I hope Bale doesn't come back. His Batman doesn't fit into the new DC universe and for him to portray a new one that does would look silly and foolish.

Lets move on!

Old 07-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #345
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Announcing a new Batman then saying Bale would be back wouldn't annoy people anywhere near as much as if they said Bale MAY be returning then later saying he isn't. WB could easily still be trying to secure him behind the scenes and made the announcement saying there is a new Batman so they could simply say they got him later on to avoid any backlash.

They may also have gotten Goyer to write it so Bale returns then if they do get someone else its a lot easier to rewrite it for a new Wayne. Obviously I'm clutching at very fragile straws here but I'm saying they could still be trying to get him despite what Snyder/Goyer said.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #346
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

I just don't agree with the OP's deduction of age range. Remember that Superman is officially 33 in Man of Steel. There is no way Goyer writes Batman to be younger than him, in my mind. 35-40 (maybe even a year or two over 40) seems like the age range he would be in.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #347
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
Announcing a new Batman then saying Bale would be back wouldn't annoy people anywhere near as much as if they said Bale MAY be returning then later saying he isn't. WB could easily still be trying to secure him behind the scenes and made the announcement saying there is a new Batman so they could simply say they got him later on to avoid any backlash.

They may also have gotten Goyer to write it so Bale returns then if they do get someone else its a lot easier to rewrite it for a new Wayne. Obviously I'm clutching at very fragile straws here but I'm saying they could still be trying to get him despite what Snyder/Goyer said.
Right we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Just because they said that it's going to be a new Batman at that Comic Con doesn't mean a damn thing if Warners can lure Bale back in.

Also Bale worked with ****ing McG on yet another Terminator film, he is not above working with non prestige directors (I love Snyder!) nor is he above taking paycheck roles.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 PM   #348
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I am sure we will have a better idea of who they are going to cast in a few days.
If we had been hearing for the last week or so a number of different names for the role,
a confirmed shortlist,
Would we be talking about Bale returning ?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #349
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I wouldn't hate it if Gaberial Macht got the role he's a great actor

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 07-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #350
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Right we have no idea what is going on behind the scenes. Just because they said that it's going to be a new Batman at that Comic Con doesn't mean a damn thing if Warners can lure Bale back in.
Exactly. There is not a doubt in my mind that WB tried/is trying to get Bale back. It just makes sense. It's who this generation recognizes as Batman, his last two Bat-films grossed over $2 Billion dollars combined. Then when you factor in that MoS was a big success it is a no brainer from their point of view to at least to at least try.

You want to keep the film in peoples radars. You don't do that by announcing the big Supes/Bat film and Bale news at the same time. You announce the Supes/Bat film then a few months later announce the Bale news.

Just so people know I DON'T think Bale will return but that doesn't stop me wanting to.

Quote:
Also Bale worked with ****ing McG on yet another Terminator film, he is not above working with non prestige directors (I love Snyder!) nor is he above taking paycheck roles.
I mentioned this earlier. It seemed like the first (and currently last) time post-2004 during his arguably most established career time (he'd really only done American Psycho and Equilibrium by then) that he picked a role for money. Although to be fair I do remember him saying that the film was a lot different when he joined compared to what the final product was. It also can't be a coincidence that it was the film in which he went on a 7 minute tirade and seemed to have a generally bad attitude.

Also since 2004 he has worked with Malick 3 times, Nolan 4 times, O'Russel twice, Werner Herzog and Michael Mann in a variety of films as well as some lesser known, successful ones. However, they have all been wildly different and is certainly the sign of an actor who doesn't want to tie himself into one role just to make some money. It's the sign of an actor who wants to... well... act.

Closed Thread