The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 09:22 PM   #351
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: Batman casting thread for Man Of Steel 2 - Part 2

It might be irrational but Macht will never be on my list because of The Spirit.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 07-30-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #352
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Deadline did a followup on The Flash story that was mentioned earlier today in part 1 of this thread .
Barry Allen will be introduced In episode 8 of Arrow .
He will also be in episodes 9 and 20 of the second season.
When we meet Barry in Episode 8, he will have no powers .

Last edited by Mysteryman; 07-30-2013 at 09:28 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #353
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I like Macht but he also fits Lex more than Batman IMO.

Also I can see the Suits schedule easily being a pain in the ass.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #354
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
It might be irrational but he will never be on my list because of The Spirit.
I never saw The Spirit.
Was it that bad?

Old 07-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #355
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

It's like stepping into Frank Miller's brain. Terrifying.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:29 PM   #356
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
I never saw The Spirit.
Was it that bad?
I thought it was a disaster. Of course I don't really blame any of the actors for the film, they did what was asked of them.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #357
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The Spirit is one of the worst films ever made. Macht is a good actor though, however I agree he'd be a better fit for Lex.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #358
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
It's like stepping into Frank Miller's brain. Terrifying.
I remember being at Comic Con when Frank Miller said that he was just going to use the Art from the original Spirit comics as a springboard for the film,
He made it sound so easy .
Sorry that it didnt work out .

Old 07-30-2013, 09:36 PM   #359
KnightGambit
Side-Kick

Default Re: Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

It is all about money.

But Superman isn't gonna be in the "Nolan Verse"
Its Batman in the Man of Steel Universe......plus Bale brings in the money.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #360
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The Spirit is one of the worst films ever made. Macht is a good actor though, however I agree he'd be a better fit for Lex.
Did me and my sweetheart actually agree on something? Truly our mutual hatred of The Spirit will make us closer than ever.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #361
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

Whoever the next Batman is going to be, He is going to be Locked ito a long term contract .
And I dont see Bale agreeing to be Batman for essentially the rest of his career.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 PM   #362
I'm Venom
Anti-Hero

Bale never said that he wouldn't be back. He just said that they're done making the films and no one has spoken to him about reprising the role. He's assuming that he's out for that reason. There's a possibility that what Bale is saying is a negotiation tactic. I don't see it that way though.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:00 PM   #363
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

We're talking about Bale returning because we're just too lazy trying to fancast the role again.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:15 PM   #364
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Some people want a fresh guy for Batman a young guy, at least they can take a guy similar to Bale, they could limit the damage. I don' t see a fresh guy coming from nowhere. Rebooting everything for fun is a bad idea let's not repeat the error of the amazing spider-man. Nolan keep many thing open he didn't kill the Joker so perhaps the Joker can return, he faked the death of Batman.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:17 PM   #365
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
We're talking about Bale returning because we're just too lazy trying to fancast the role again.
I said I liked Luke Evans.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:19 PM   #366
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Did me and my sweetheart actually agree on something? Truly our mutual hatred of The Spirit will make us closer than ever.
I just hope it doesn't spoil things though as we have the best make-up posts!

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 PM   #367
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

It seems stupid to super plan Flash in Arrow, while planing a film in 2017. They said they also regret putting Returns (albeit a good or bad film) out during Smallville.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
Old 07-30-2013, 10:32 PM   #368
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
I just hope it doesn't spoil things though as we have the best make-up posts!
Another disagreement is always around the corner, we will still have those epic make up posts babe.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #369
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by \S/JcDc\S/ View Post
No way that Goyer has Superman at 33 and decides to make Batman younger than him. NO WAY. To me logically, we are looking at 35-42 age range.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM   #370
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Whoever plays him , the next Batman is Bruce Wayne.
No JGL, No John Blake .

Old 07-30-2013, 10:50 PM   #371
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

This is the timeline of events as I understand it....

Feb- As buzz for Man of Steel builds, Will Beall's Justice League script is suddenly scrapped.

March- El Mayimbe's big scoop about Bale returning for a team up movie starring alongside Cavill.

April- Word gets out that Bale isn't returning after all. Heavily rumored that WB was trying to get Nolan on board with it, but Nolan wasn't interested.

June- Man of Steel premieres to solid box office, but mixed reviews.

July- Bale says this:

Quote:
"I have no information, no knowledge about anything. I've literally not had a conversation with a living soul. I understand that they may be making a Justice League movie, that's it. It's a torch that should be handed from one actor to another. So I enjoy looking forward to what somebody else will come up with."
So here's what I make of it, and this is loaded with conjecture so fair warning. I think there was a point before MoS premiered where the idea of having Bale come on board was being seriously tossed around by the studio, and subsequently Goyer and Snyder had to consider how they'd manage that if that were to happen. That includes the possibility having Bale return but playing an entirely new iteration of the character.

I think it's somewhere around this point that Nolan decided to take more of a hands off approach to the subsequent Superman movies too. It became clear that WB was going to aggressively pursue a combined universe, and that's simply not something he feels at home with creatively. Not to mention he probably feels he's said everything he wants to say with Batman.

I figure sometime after these talks fell apart, WB decided to wait and see how Man of Steel performed. Remember, there was HUGE internal studio hype about the film, and everyone was reportedly thrilled with it and its prospects as being their next big property. If MoS ended up becoming a huge sensation, perhaps a straight sequel would have then sufficed for the mighty 2015. Now don't get me wrong, the film did well enough to warrant a sequel, but I think it's fair to say that it didn't quite have the legs they would've hoped and without a doubt the mixed reviews didn't help in this regard.

This brings me to my final point of speculation: the decision to 100% go forward with a Batman/Superman film was probably made not too long before the announcement. The reason I feel pretty strongly about this is because both Snyder and Cavill seemed to be on the same page about taking the character further along on his own journey before any sort of teamup stuff happened during the MoS press junkets. Of course Snyder could've been acting coy and Cavill could've been completely out of the loop. But the thing is, Snyder clearly respects Nolan and is a huge fan of his Dark Knight Trilogy. I can't imagine why Snyder would intentionally want to rush into this and burden himself with being the guy that has to follow the trilogy and cast the new Batman only 3 years after the last movie. Therefore I can only conclude that at some point after the premiere of the film this went from a "maybe/let's see how things pan out" scenario, to a full-on studio mandate.

And I think now that it's a reality, Snyder and Goyer realize they have a job to do, and they're going to try to make the best of it. It's obviously something they're interested in, it's just probably happening sooner than expected. I guess my point in all of this is that I wouldn't be surprised if the Bale conversation is still happening at the studio now that they've pulled the trigger on this movie. He would likely turn it down again, and they've covered their tracks if that turns out to be the case (new logo for the SDCC reveal, wording in the press release). But it's still early enough that I'm sure there are still some studio execs saying, "Are we sure we can't get Bale back? Look at Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr!". That said, I'm sure Snyder is looking at actors too. I just think we're at a stage where things are still up in the air and anything is still possible.

And again, ALL SPECULATION on my part. They could've had this planned for months and months for all I know, but this is just how I see it all given the information we do have.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 07-30-2013, 10:53 PM   #372
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
I don't understand why so many people have this notion that Batman has to be "younger" when the definitive Batman has always been between the age of 35-40. Weather it was the Animated series, The Burton Batman movies, and a 60+ year span in comics, Batman is on the later side of his 30's and is seasoned. Why this desire to have a 24 year old Bruce Wayne, it is beyond me.

How is the franchise ever going to progress to the point to where we are introduced to the likes of Oracle, Nightwing, the various Robins, ect, characters he meets later in life, if we keeping going back to Year One Bruce?

Old 07-30-2013, 10:56 PM   #373
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieS View Post
Batman is a fictional character -- one that has been portrayed by multiple actors in that past. Others will continue to take on the role for many years to come. For now, though, Nolan's Batman trilogy is over; the director always envisioned his interpretation of the character's story as being rather finite.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #374
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This is the timeline of events as I understand it....

Feb- As buzz for Man of Steel builds, Will Beall's Justice League script is suddenly scrapped.

March- El Mayimbe's big scoop about Bale returning for a team up movie starring alongside Cavill.

April- Word gets out that Bale isn't returning after all. Heavily rumored that WB was trying to get Nolan on board with it, but Nolan wasn't interested.

June- Man of Steel premieres to solid box office, but mixed reviews.

July- Bale says this:

So here's what I make of it, and this is loaded with conjecture so fair warning. I think there was a point before MoS premiered where the idea of having Bale come on board was being seriously tossed around by the studio, and subsequently Goyer and Snyder had to consider how they'd manage that if that were to happen. That includes the possibility having Bale return but playing an entirely new iteration of the character.

I think it's somewhere around this point that Nolan decided to take more of a hands off approach to the subsequent Superman movies too. It became clear that WB was going to aggressively pursue a combined universe, and that's simply not something he feels at home with creatively. Not to mention he probably feels he's said everything he wants to say with Batman.

I figure sometime after these talks fell apart, WB decided to wait and see how Man of Steel performed. Remember, there was HUGE internal studio hype about the film, and everyone was reportedly thrilled with it and its prospects as being their next big property. If MoS ended up becoming a huge sensation, perhaps a straight sequel would have then sufficed for the mighty 2015. Now don't get me wrong, the film did well enough to warrant a sequel, but I think it's fair to say that it didn't quite have the legs they would've hoped and without a doubt the mixed reviews didn't help in this regard.

This brings me to my final point of speculation: the decision to 100% go forward with a Batman/Superman film was probably made not too long before the announcement. The reason I feel pretty strongly about this is because both Snyder and Cavill seemed to be on the same page about taking the character further along on his own journey before any sort of teamup stuff happened during the MoS press junkets. Of course Snyder could've been acting coy and Cavill could've been completely out of the loop. But the thing is, Snyder clearly respects Nolan and is a huge fan of his Dark Knight Trilogy. I can't imagine why Snyder would intentionally want to rush into this and burden himself with being the guy that has to follow the trilogy and cast the new Batman only 3 years after the last movie. Therefore I can only conclude that at some point after the premiere of the film this went from a "maybe/let's see how things pan out" scenario, to a full-on studio mandate.

And I think now that it's a reality, Snyder and Goyer realize they have a job to do, and they're going to try to make the best of it. It's obviously something they're interested in, it's just probably happening sooner than expected. I guess my point in all of this is that I wouldn't be surprised if the Bale conversation is still happening at the studio now that they've pulled the trigger on this movie. He would likely turn it down again, and they've covered their tracks if that turns out to be the case (new logo for the SDCC reveal, wording in the press release). But it's still early enough that I'm sure there are still some studio execs saying, "Are we sure we can't get Bale back? Look at Hugh Jackman and Robert Downey Jr!". That said, I'm sure Snyder is looking at actors too. I just think we're at a stage where things are still up in the air and anything is still possible.

And again, ALL SPECULATION on my part. They could've had this planned for months and months for all I know, but this is just how I see it all given the information we do have.
I think Robinov leaving plays a huge part too in the turn of events.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:59 PM   #375
CharlieS
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Whoever plays him , the next Batman is Bruce Wayne.
No JGL, No John Blake .

Closed Thread