The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #126
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: Likely Deductions About Who'll Be Cast as the Next Batman

You guys forget that Fassbender will be doing Assassin's Creed by the time the Batman/Superman movie is filming. And his asking price has shot up significantly.

It's not going to be him or Gosling. And forget about Hamm, he's out of the age bracket they'll be looking to recast Batman with.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 07-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #127
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The Fassbender thing is just a fanboy fantasy. Fassbender isn't a huge star though, at least not yet.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:59 PM   #128
J.Howlett

Karl Urban. That is all.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:10 PM   #129
Reel
Side-Kick

Tyler Hoechlin

Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM   #130
db85usa
HeHe!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Karl Urban. That is all.
You know what? I can definitely see him as Bats. Though Judge Dredd was "OK", behind that helmet and his voice, I kept thinking of Batman, lol

Old 07-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #131
db85usa
HeHe!

Old 07-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #132
Ethermatic
Side-Kick

What's the difference between this thread and the other casting threads? How are we deducing the most likely candidates? Anyway, I still like Luke Evans for it.

Honorable mention goes to Matt Bomer but the fact that he looks really similar to Henry might be a strike against that.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #133
Neno_Kos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethermatic View Post
What's the difference between this thread and the other casting threads? How are we deducing the most likely candidates? Anyway, I still like Luke Evans for it.

Honorable mention goes to Matt Bomer but the fact that he looks really similar to Henry might be a strike against that.
maybe would be +
http://www.wildsound.ca/images/bruce...clark_kent.jpg
http://www.wired.com/images_blogs/un...9/09/sb_16.jpg

Old 07-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #134
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Quote:
Originally Posted by db85usa View Post
LOL that looks brilliant!!! I wouldn't mind Urban getting a shot at the role. Not too keen on Jon Hamm, Joe Manganiello or Michael Fassbender (he'd be amazing as Lex though) either. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau too would be great but I see him more of an Aquaman type.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 PM   #135
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Hardy is very good, but I think Gosling has shown much more range than Hardy. Gosling has played everything from the innocent man-child in Lars and The Real Girl, to a druggie in Half Nelson, to a hopeless romantic in Blue Valentine, to badasses in Drive and Place Beyond The Pines. His performance in Only God Forgives is a mixture of badass and complete wimp, which is pretty impressive.
I think Hardy's shown a lot of range, actually.

I mean, Eames in Inception and Tommy in Warrior and Bronson in Bronson aren't anything like each other (Tommy and Bronson are both fighters but their personalities are nothing alike, same with Forrest in Lawless), and he doesn't even look the same in any of them either.

Movie Review Site:
Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #136
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Bomer, to me, is too much of a pretty boy. I can't see him being tough or menacing enough.

And I agree with what someone else said about Fassbender being too lean.

Movie Review Site:
Old 07-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #137
kpryde

I think Fassbender would be the prime choice, but since Magneto is such a major character in the X-Men movies, I doubt it would happen (with Deadpool/Green Lantern as an exception). Fassbender has the troubled soul aspect of Bat's personality down pat.

Jon Hamm is just too... goofy! I can't take him seriously. He is exceptional in Mad Men, but if he was cast as Bruce, I'd feel like I would be in the middle of an SNL sketch.

Karl Urban I think would make a better Green Lantern than Batman, but that's just my opinion. Matt Bomer is a capable actor, but I cannot make an informed decision since I have not seen any of his work outside of White Collar (unfortunately). He has the looks, but I'm afraid he might lack the brooding/troubled aspect of Bruce's character.

I will eliminate Jake Gyllenhaal only because he is already an established actor and it will be, personally, hard to accept him as the character without being distracted by the fact that it's Jake Gyllenhall.

I have thought of Bradley Cooper, who again might be a better candidate for Green Lantern (hoping they fix the monstrosity that was the Ryan Reynolds film). Cooper might make a goody, snarky Green Arrow, along with Garrett Hedlund. Best of all, I think Cooper would make an excellent witty Flash.

Armie Hammer was one of my favorites to play Batman, but, again, I haven't seen enough of his projects to see if he can really channel Bruce's intensity. (Edited to add: I think he would make a better Aquaman)

Ryan Gosling has already stated that he does not want to play a superhero, and that his character in Drive is the closest we will get to a "superhero."

Luke Evans would be an excellent Batman VILLAIN, not necessarily the Bats himself.

Personally, think Garrett Hedlund would be an excellent Bruce. If you have only seen his work in Tron or when he was Brad Pitt's gay lover/cousin in Troy way back way back when, I don't think you can judge this casting choice. Hedlund has proved himself to be an EXCELLENT actor, especially in Four Brothers and his portrayal of Dean Moriarty in On The Road. Hedlund is a promising younger actor (28 years old), whose age is comparable to Henry Cavill's age. Hedlund stands at 6'2" and has the build for Batman. Not to mention, his voice is SPOT ON- that deep but not contrived Batman voice. Hedlund's natural ability to turn the on and off switch on his pretty boy image can work for Bruce/Batman.

Edited to add: He also eerily looks a lot like Christian Bale in this first picture...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:02 AM   #138
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

He's also got a pretty deep voice from what I remember

Old 07-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #139
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Richard Madden aka Robb Stark from Game of Throne.

Pros:

-He's a gifted actor. Robb Stark in the book is not a very compelling character, but Richard made him a fan favorite. He has the chops for Batman. He can do dark and brooding(Batman) and charming(Bruce Wayne)

-He's the right age. Seriously, his age is perfect.

-He's known for his GoT fame, but he's still relatively unknown to the general audience. That's great, because too big of a name can be distracting for an iconic character. Unknown is good.

Cons:

-I have no idea if he can do an American accent, which is crucial. I hope he can. He changed his accent up for Game of Thrones, so hopefully he'd have it in him.

-He's very boyish ooking, but that could be fixed. He just needs to work out and get in shape. He could definitely look like Batman.

He's got my vote.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #140
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goku Goes Crazy View Post

Richard Madden aka Robb Stark from Game of Throne.

Pros:

-He's a gifted actor. Robb Stark in the book is not a very compelling character, but Richard made him a fan favorite. He has the chops for Batman. He can do dark and brooding(Batman) and charming(Bruce Wayne)

-He's the right age. Seriously, his age is perfect.

-He's known for his GoT fame, but he's still relatively unknown to the general audience. That's great, because too big of a name can be distracting for an iconic character. Unknown is good.

Cons:

-I have no idea if he can do an American accent, which is crucial. I hope he can. He changed his accent up for Game of Thrones, so hopefully he'd have it in him.

-He's very boyish ooking, but that could be fixed. He just needs to work out and get in shape. He could definitely look like Batman.

He's got my vote.
Sign me up if his american accent is great. Loved his work in game of thrones

Old 07-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #141
EliteF50
Side-Kick

So, what do you guys think of the Tyler Hoechlin screen testing rumours? Could he pull off Batman?

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:05 AM   #142
DOO BEE
The Crimson Saint

just a little fact, American accents are NOT hard to do, and if you cast a Brit in the roll it's safe to say that a good lot of them have had amazing training in accents.

Old 07-24-2013, 01:10 AM   #143
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOO BEE View Post
just a little fact, American accents are NOT hard to do, and if you cast a Brit in the roll it's safe to say that a good lot of them have had amazing training in accents.
Not true at all. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's American accent was terrible in Mama. Cavill also admitted it was tough to nail. No accent is easy to pull off, not convincingly, at least.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
Old 07-24-2013, 01:28 AM   #144
TheBat812
Side-Kick

Tyler Hoechlin definitely looks the part, how's his acting?

Old 07-24-2013, 02:22 AM   #145
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
So, what do you guys think of the Tyler Hoechlin screen testing rumours? Could he pull off Batman?

I'm not really a fan of that at all. I don't think he's particularly a good actor.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:23 AM   #146
Goku Goes Crazy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Not true at all. Nikolaj Coster-Waldau's American accent was terrible in Mama. Cavill also admitted it was tough to nail. No accent is easy to pull off, not convincingly, at least.
How about Michael Caine's american accent in The Weather Man? Yikes!

If Richard Madden can do the accent, then he's perfect in my opinion.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #147
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm a big fan of highschool fantasy shows and have seen good acting on the them but the acting I've seen on Teen Wolf has either been dire or mediocre when I've watched it. Maybe I need to watch more but I haven't seen anything special from Hoechlin, anything that makes me think that he could carry a film.

If we are going for little known Television actor's I like the Flickchick approved choice of Jamie Dornan. He's creepy as **** on that UK series "The Fall" and I liked him on Once Upon a Time. Being hot certainly doesn't hurt his case.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 07-24-2013 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:13 AM   #148
lime
Movie critic

Jon Hamm is just the best man for the job. Talented Actor, has a the Bruce Wayne face from all the animated films. And he has the voice.

+ He's already worked with Snyder.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #149
Radster85
Batfan

Dude, Karl Urban? Oh, please He doesn't even look like he could ever stand anywhere nearby Bruce Wayne! He could've done well as Flash, maybe. Bruce's got to be goodlooking, tought man! PLUS Henry Cavill is big, I want Batman to match his size, like it is in comics. Henry is a great Superman, I want someone who's gonna be as good Dark Knight!
I've always considered Jensen Ackles as a good Bruce Wayne, he'd have to buff a little up but isn't tall enough I think. His voice is ideal for that role, though.

Hope they're gonna find excellent Bats!

NO :P

Last edited by Radster85; 07-24-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 07-24-2013, 06:47 AM   #150
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

^ Because posting a picture of someone from a role that didn't call for them to be in any kind of physical shape proves so much.

That'd be like saying Tom Hardy couldn't be Bane by conveniently posting a pic of him from Star Trek: Nemesis instead of Warrior.

Or for that matter Christian Bale in The Machinist to say he can't be Batman.

Movie Review Site:
Closed Thread