The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #251
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
Why is everyone assuming Tony will build Ultron??? You guys know that Banner is a scientist as well and he has a genius level intellect???

What about shield??? Don't you think they might be responsible for Ultron's creation as well???

Jesus Christ this is The Mandarin fiasco all over again
The fan rage might be similar to The Mandarin fiasco but it is different in that we have yet to hear anything from AoU. The article from cbm only said that Pym won't be featured, thats all! for all we know he may be a behind the scenes character and most importantly Ultron is a creation of the Avengers team and built to defeat them. Didnt a bunch of rumors emerge about a possible Pym post credits in the one of the phase 2 movies? Also didn't anyone notice the news of how Whedon says Ant Man Nov 2015 fits perfectly after AoU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
well and with the AIM agent (movie) figure revealed in the hasbro panel... AIM may indeed be showing up in Cap 2, which "could" possibly cameo pym/ultron's beginings. it's quite possible. Thus, he doesn't necissarily need to show up in Avengers 2 for them to do ultron.

lots of speculation at this point

and SOME of you need a complete attitude adjustment
yes, no need to jump to conclusions yet... and regarding Winter Soldier bridging AoU, it makes sense if something might happen in the movie to lead SHIELD to contact Pym to make a fail safe program against the avengers, which is where Ultron comes in. Maybe the origins of Ultron won't be explained in AoU and most of the movie might be spend with the Avengers waking up and fighting Ultron.

Quote:
i disagree, i think it will be Pym.

Whedon originally had wasp in the Avengers script. They seriously going to then go rob Wasp of her story lines too in order to set her up with Scott Lang? or just completely not use her now?

Whedon is a big wasp fan... if she's included and not old, you can bet Hank will be treated the same.
I don't think Whedon will deviate this much from the source material. I mean look at his work, he is essentially a fanboy, especially when he talked about doing a wasp script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
While I'm kind of upset about the possible change in Ultron's creation, I also have to ask - in the comics, was it known right from the start that Hank Pym created Ultron, or was it something the readers found out later?

I could very well see that the Ultron AI was something Pym initially created, but Stark tinkers around with in A:AoU and unwittingly goes all Skynet on the Avengers. It may lead directly into Wright's Ant-Man that way.

It does suck though, because I love Hank Pym, that he won't be in this movie. But I really want to see how Joss and Co. play it out for the Marvel moviegoing audience. I'm definitely not writing off this film, by any means, simply because they're tinkering around with the origins of Ultron. They may find ways to tell Ultron's story even better than the comics...
pretty much sums up my thoughts about Stark tinkering with Pym's tech and making ultron or vice versa. If Whedon does make Stark the creator of Ultron even after AoU and Antman comes out, then i can acknowledge the criticisms/complains fans make, in fact i would also be unhappy with the decision.

Last edited by darkslayer101; 07-21-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:02 PM   #252
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

I don't see what peoples' problems are with changing things. Do you want to know all the developments before they happen or something? We get a new story that maintains the essence of the characters. If you want the stories where Pym created Ultron then go back and read them. We get new, interesting developments this way. Developments that could strengthen Ultron as a character and concept and streamline his origin as well. Same with the twins. All their origins are extremely convoluted in the comics and honestly they must be changed out of necessity to work in a movie effectively.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:05 PM   #253
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't see what peoples' problems are with changing things. Do you want to know all the developments before they happen or something? We get a new story that maintains the essence of the characters. If you want the stories where Pym created Ultron then go back and read them. We get new, interesting developments this way. Developments that could strengthen Ultron as a character and concept and streamline his origin as well. Same with the twins. All their origins are extremely convoluted in the comics and honestly they must be changed out of necessity to work in a movie effectively.
They can't even be called "mutants".

It's all about execution anyway. No matter what decisions are made, if the execution is great I'm sure most of the fans will be able to roll with them.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:08 PM   #254
JustSomeGuy
Side-Kick

A couple of thoughts on this.

For one, I think it's a good idea to save Thanos for Avengers 3. Too many movies blow their wad early on and can't top it. Thanos being the big bad of the trilogy is perfect. I am however concerned that Whedon won't do a third movie, based purely on what he has said so far. He almost didn't come back for the second one, and has repeatedly said that he likes making his own characters and not writing someone else's. Idk, I guess it will depend on how he second unfolds.

I am really excited about an evil AI robot as the bad guy. His comments that this will be a little darker, and more science fiction, make this sound great, maybe even terminator-esque. I have never read any Ultron so I don't know anything about the character, but I wonder if he will write him similar to how he wrote the Danger Room in Astonishing X-men. If so that would be sweet.

I'm excited, Pym or not. This movie will be awesome.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #255
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Funny interview.

"What's Ultron?" "Who's Ultron?"

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...is-evans.jhtml

Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #256
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This is how I feel.
Are you the Spidey who flipped over Mandarin? You and the whole family and all. If so then yeah, I could see you and Sam agreeing and reacting this way.mi hope you're both very happy together.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #257
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
If they establish that Ultron was a creation of Pym's that was commissioned by SHIELD, and
that was put on ice, but have Stark relaunch it for SHIELD without knowing WHY it was originally scrubbed, I'd be okay with it.

You can establish a bit of Pym's origins and have him tied to Ultron, without him needed physically present.
Quote:
i could easily live with that
Glad someone agrees.

I don't care that Pym won't be in it, but he needs to have ties to Ultron, no matter what IMO.

Even if he isn't the person who gets Ultron up and running, he needs to have created the initial version of him prior to him going rogue.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 07-21-2013, 06:20 PM   #258
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Are you the Spidey who flipped over Mandarin? You and the whole family and all. If so then yeah, I could see you and Sam agreeing and reacting this way.mi hope you're both very happy together.
I... I may be that same Spidey. I don't remember.

That whole ordeal was a haze.

I'm come to terms with Mandarin now.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 07-21-2013, 06:21 PM   #259
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
A couple of thoughts on this.

For one, I think it's a good idea to save Thanos for Avengers 3. Too many movies blow their wad early on and can't top it. Thanos being the big bad of the trilogy is perfect. I am however concerned that Whedon won't do a third movie, based purely on what he has said so far. He almost didn't come back for the second one, and has repeatedly said that he likes making his own characters and not writing someone else's. Idk, I guess it will depend on how he second unfolds.

I am really excited about an evil AI robot as the bad guy. His comments that this will be a little darker, and more science fiction, make this sound great, maybe even terminator-esque. I have never read any Ultron so I don't know anything about the character, but I wonder if he will write him similar to how he wrote the Danger Room in Astonishing X-men. If so that would be sweet.

I'm excited, Pym or not. This movie will be awesome.
That would be awesome.

But only if Wolverine cameos as a 6 year old girl.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #260
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Pretty stoked to hear that Hawkeye will have a bigger, better role in this one. Seems like Joss wants to give him the right treatment in this.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:23 PM   #261
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Quote:
Glad someone agrees.

I don't care that Pym won't be in it, but he needs to have ties to Ultron, no matter what IMO.

Even if he isn't the person who gets Ultron up and running, he needs to have created the initial version of him prior to him going rogue.
While it's not a make or break point for me, I agree with this. They should have Pym involved with the Ultron origin somehow.

But I still just want to see the movie first before passing judgment on it.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #262
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, it's not the one we were referring to.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #263
Aztec
Side-Kick

Hey guys remember in the comics when Loki led an army of Chitauri against The Avengers? No?

Well how about that issue where Loki worked for Thanos? No?

Well surely you remember in the comics where it was Black Widow who brings Hulk to The Avengers right? No?

So wait...are you saying that some things are DIFFERENT between the comics and the films?

Mind blowing!

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #264
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

This is going to be the norm for Marvel Phase 2 isn't it?

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM   #265
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I've got to say the 'Age of Ultron' title takes a shine off the idea of an Avengers sequel for me. Having read that story I have no love for that waste of paper. Hopefully the sequel doesn't lift anything more than the villain and the title. Otherwise we could be in for a major letdown.

Also I too am feeling underwhelmed at Hank Pym being cut out entirely only to have Tony Stark swapped in like they are interchangeable. Maybe Joss can turn out a movie that works incredibly well, but I can't deny that a lot of my enthusiasm for the sequel has went down the drain.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:34 PM   #266
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Spidey I apologize if you weren't the Spidey we were talking about haha

Old 07-21-2013, 06:35 PM   #267
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
Not to put Pym down, but honestly, any actual Ant-Man fans should feel blessed that a filmmaker as talented as Wright so passionately wants to make it.
... should Catwoman fans feel blessed that they made the halle berry movie?

i get it that wright is a talented film maker... but at least let people feel like they're watching the character they love/are familiar with be on the screen

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #268
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Oh nobody said it was ruined? Maybe go back through the thread and read Cherokee's reaction. You must have missed that.
yes, because 1 person is melodramatic that suddenly slumps everyone who wants pym in the film to be in the same boat

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:37 PM   #269
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I've got to say the 'Age of Ultron' title takes a shine off the idea of an Avengers sequel for me. Having read that story I have no love for that waste of paper. Hopefully the sequel doesn't lift anything more than the villain and the title. Otherwise we could be in for a major letdown.

Also I too am feeling underwhelmed at Hank Pym being cut out entirely only to have Tony Stark swapped in like they are interchangeable. Maybe Joss can turn out a movie that works incredibly well, but I can't deny that a lot of my enthusiasm for the sequel has went down the drain.
If you'd read any updates or the news and interviews, you'd know it's been confirmed they're just borrowing the comic arcs name. It's gonna be its own original story. But of course everyone judges and jumps to conclusions without reading up or knowing anything.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:38 PM   #270
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I remember somebody pitching that Ultron is powered by the Power Gem, hence his red glow. This would also tempt Thanos to come take a look. That'd be interesting.
I agree, i hope they sprinkle in the infinity gems over these movies. Loki's mind gem, the power gem in ultron, and then the rest of the gems (or there history) being in Guardians of the Galaxy

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #271
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
yes, because 1 person is melodramatic that suddenly slumps everyone who wants pym in the film to be in the same boat
I never said everyone now did I? I only referred him to read Sam's post/reaction.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #272
TeeKay
Side-Kick

People are seriously losing faith in Whedon??

The man who gave you this:

http://youtu.be/pIS-1QQgwOk

And this:

http://youtu.be/amVfFRNmDE4

Come on guys, it's not like we are not getting an EPIC finale with Thanos in The Avengers 3

Last edited by TeeKay; 07-21-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #273
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Glad someone agrees.

yup same feeling here, especially with the vibe I am getting with Winter Soldier and it seems Cap is cutting his ties with SHIELD, I am thinking Ultron's origins will be only hinted at and not explained until maybe AntMan. clearly people are jumping the gun on Pym not being involved with Ultron and Stark making it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
People are seriously losing faith in Whedon??

The man who gave you this:

http://youtu.be/pIS-1QQgwOk

And this:

http://youtu.be/amVfFRNmDE4

Come on guys, it's not like we are not getting an EPIC finale with Thanos in The Avengers 3
A simple Pym not being "in the mix" in the AoU leading to some loosing faith over Whedon....C'mon

Last edited by darkslayer101; 07-21-2013 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #274
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
No problem just figured I'd point out Sam's complete over dramatic crying.
lol people aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority, that's right, that's what we learned from Ironman 3. It is what it is, but he can complain all he wants, and his opinion isn't any less valid than yours, and that's a fact.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #275
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
... should Catwoman fans feel blessed that they made the halle berry movie?

i get it that wright is a talented film maker... but at least let people feel like they're watching the character they love/are familiar with be on the screen
That wasn't Catwoman anyway. She didn't have the same identity, abilities or personality as Catwoman from the comics. Plus the movie wasn't good.

This character will most likely have the same identity, abilities and personality as one of the Ant-Men.

Quote:
Closed Thread