The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #276
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
... should Catwoman fans feel blessed that they made the halle berry movie?
No, because she has no pull over the creative aspects of the movie, short of the acting, of which she is not fantastic at-- at least not with a crappy director at the helm.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:42 PM   #277
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Having seem that Joss interview, alot of what he said was taken out of context, due to the questions not being included in the articles about it.

Yeah, he said Hank Pym won't be in the movie, but he never really said he wouldn't have any connections to Ultron.

Plus, with Ant-Man coming out that same year, it seems as though Hank would have some involvement in it, leading directly into Ant-Man later in the year.

I really hope he clarifies soon so we know for sure.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 07-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #278
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I don't see what peoples' problems are with changing things. Do you want to know all the developments before they happen or something? We get a new story that maintains the essence of the characters. If you want the stories where Pym created Ultron then go back and read them. We get new, interesting developments this way. Developments that could strengthen Ultron as a character and concept and streamline his origin as well. Same with the twins. All their origins are extremely convoluted in the comics and honestly they must be changed out of necessity to work in a movie effectively.
first off, i have to ask how familiar you are with these characters. Because there's a funny little situation on the internet where people who tend to be more "ok" with changes in characters... actually know less about them, and/or not really a fan of them. Thus why it's typically easier for them to be ok with changes.

second. you have to understand that fans love seeing something ripped off the page and brought to live action in a movie. it's the closest a property can really come to being reality. So you shouldn't get an attitude when people want to see the stories and characters they love translated into a film

third. as ive stated before, change for the sake of change isn't a good thing. the upsetting part is why not release Antman before avengers? so antman feels natural? instead, they're releasing it after and it sorta feels like a cheap ploy just to let wright tell the story he wants to tell. Sure, the movie will be alot of fun, but it might also not be familiar to the fans at all... which is always a sad thing.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #279
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
lol people aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority, that's right, that's what we learned from Ironman 3. It is what it is, but he can complain all he wants, and his opinion isn't any less valid than yours, and that's a fact.
Not saying he can't have an opinion. But you have to admit, go read his post. Tell me it's not unnecessarily over the top and dramatic, and that's a fact.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #280
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
If you'd read any updates or the news and interviews, you'd know it's been confirmed they're just borrowing the comic arcs name. It's gonna be its own original story. But of course everyone judges and jumps to conclusions without reading up or knowing anything.
You just had to be a dick, didn't you?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:46 PM   #281
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Hey guys remember in the comics when Loki led an army of Chitauri against The Avengers? No?

Well how about that issue where Loki worked for Thanos? No?

Well surely you remember in the comics where it was Black Widow who brings Hulk to The Avengers right? No?

So wait...are you saying that some things are DIFFERENT between the comics and the films?

Mind blowing!
you do realize however none of those things change anything about the character, there origins or integral events in there comic book history that shaped their character right?

loki is still loki, thanos is still thanos, widow is still widow, and hulk is still hulk

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #282
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Ninja Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

NosfeRomas:'Am I the only person on this planet that feels he is being used by Marvel as a big commercial receiver ? I mean Jesus, the movie 99,9% is gonna be awesome but why does everything Marvel nowadays has to be linked to advertise the movies. Age of Ultron and Infinity are basically commercials for the Avengers 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy. Its stupid and it pisses me off.

Everything is guided in order to push the film further into making even more money. Its all money. I mean of course its gonna be money, its a company after all but as a reader i feel cheated.

Sorry for the rant.'

Funny that y said. Sells had shot up on 'Age of Ultron' on Amazon.

I just don't like the idea of Ultron being use as a filler villain (among my other disappointments). AH....disappointment (The Church)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/83f2ffc92...dteyo1_500.gif
Old 07-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #283
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
yup same feeling here, especially with the vibe I am getting with Winter Soldier and it seems Cap is cutting his ties with SHIELD, I am thinking Ultron's origins will be only hinted at and not explained until maybe AntMan. clearly people are jumping the gun on Pym not being involved with Ultron and Stark making it.
Yup.

Now, due to the Avengers: Age of Ultron teaser/title treatment at the panel showing the Iron Man helmet being hammered into Ultron, its obvious that Tony will play a big part. However, its still possible Hank will have some part in it.

They will probably be expanding the reference that was originally planned for Thor, when Selving was gonna mention Hank Pym in reference to dealing with SHIELD., who he was going to have a past with already.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 07-21-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #284
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
People are seriously losing faith in Whedon??

The man who gave you this:

http://youtu.be/pIS-1QQgwOk

And this:

http://youtu.be/amVfFRNmDE4

Come on guys, it's not like we are not getting an EPIC finale with Thanos in The Avengers 3
im not losing faith in whedon, nor the movie. i just don't have to agree with every decision.

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:49 PM   #285
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
That wasn't Catwoman anyway. She didn't have the same identity, abilities or personality as Catwoman from the comics. Plus the movie wasn't good.

This character will most likely have the same identity, abilities and personality as one of the Ant-Men.
Ant-Man isn't a super spy nor and old man

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:51 PM   #286
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Having seem that Joss interview, alot of what he said was taken out of context, due to the questions not being included in the articles about it.

Yeah, he said Hank Pym won't be in the movie, but he never really said he wouldn't have any connections to Ultron.

Plus, with Ant-Man coming out that same year, it seems as though Hank would have some involvement in it, leading directly into Ant-Man later in the year.

I really hope he clarifies soon so we know for sure.
that's what i'm thinking too.. there's gotta be more than "Scheduling" to be the reason why Ant-Man is following Avengers 2 the same year

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #287
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

I understand that some people don't agree with the decisions and it's fine, but they should at least give the movie a chance. There is a very high chance that it will be an amazing movie.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:53 PM   #288
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
judging by Fiege's interview. I think Ultron very well may show up before avengers 2, or have small little cameos. He said he first shows up in A:AoU. But look at his face when he answers. Short brief answers. "When does the Robot first get introduced, in the movie?" "yes" we don't see him before? "no"....the ai I I bet will be revealed before hand, or atleasts hints of it. I mean, we know Cap 2 is a lead in to the avengers movie lol..and judging by his face, tone, facial expression when the question first get's addressed, not to mention his eyes, and what my most recently class which covered body language seemed to have taught me, I think he may have been lying ...hey, remember when I said a few weeks ago I thought I saw an Ultron easter egg in avengers? hahaha
Where??

Old 07-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #289
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ant-Man isn't a super spy nor and old man
I said one of the Ant-Men.

As for being a super spy..... Marvel has made many changes to their characters similar to this change.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-21-2013, 06:57 PM   #290
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
I understand that some people don't agree with the decisions and it's fine, but they should at least give the movie a chance. There is a very high chance that it will be an amazing movie.
some people will be over-dramatic, and they will still go see the movie, and either love it, or just re-enforce their hatred. but don't let a few (and there really is only a few) bad apples spoil the bunch.

I'll be upset if Hank has no connection to Ultron, and i'll be upset if he's an old man. I want him and wasp's relationship portrayed on screen badly. If not for his sake, but for hers. Cap may be the leader/moral compass, but She's the heart of the team easily. And hank is a huge part of who she is.

I will always defend my thoughts and reasoning. Im sure the film will be great, but it'd be a shame to me to not tell these characters stories correctly. Especially when (other than mandarin) they've all been excellent.

[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #291
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
you do realize however none of those things change anything about the character, there origins or integral events in there comic book history that shaped their character right?

loki is still loki, thanos is still thanos, widow is still widow, and hulk is still hulk
Yeah and Ultron will still be Ultron regardless of who makes him. Lol. Give it up.

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Old 07-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #292
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
No problem just figured I'd point out Sam's complete over dramatic crying.
Quote:
Not saying he can't have an opinion. But you have to admit, go read his post. Tell me it's not unnecessarily over the top and dramatic, and that's a fact.
it is. but clearly it frustrated him, let him vent dude lol he has a right to ***** and moan about it, plus we dont know all the details yet, this thread turned to hell lol

Old 07-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #293
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
some people will be over-dramatic, and they will still go see the movie, and either love it, or just re-enforce their hatred. but don't let a few (and there really is only a few) bad apples spoil the bunch.

I'll be upset if Hank has no connection to Ultron, and i'll be upset if he's an old man. I want him and wasp's relationship portrayed on screen badly. If not for his sake, but for hers. Cap may be the leader/moral compass, but She's the heart of the team easily. And hank is a huge part of who she is.

I will always defend my thoughts and reasoning. Im sure the film will be great, but it'd be a shame to me to not tell these characters stories correctly. Especially when (other than mandarin) they've all been excellent.
All of their relationship? Do you really want him to become the most hated Avenger?

Quote:
Old 07-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #294
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

If we were to ever see Ant-man and Wasp together then I'd happily skip that part. It's not essential.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:07 PM   #295
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
it is. but clearly it frustrated him, let him vent dude lol he has a right to ***** and moan about it, plus we dont know all the details yet, this thread turned to hell lol
I'm not telling him to stop, I'm just saying how dramatic it was haha. Glad you agreed that it was over the top though.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:09 PM   #296
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Where??
I missed this. But there is a brief moment for about a second in avengers right before Hill should grenade, she lifts her hand up, and in the backround on one of the computer screen a gray oval forms with 3 red dots, two where eyes would be, one where a mouth would be, on a face...it was a second, but it looked like Ultron's face. Or it coulda been my eyes....but if it was an Ultron easter egg in Avengers...well then he already would exist, wouldn't he? If it was a legit easter egg

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #297
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Funny,someone mention which version of Ultron. Ultron didn't become all-powerful 'til he apoted Adamantium verision. Through each encounter he kept upgrading his armor & powers. I wonder will get the all-powerful version or his early weaker ones?

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #298
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
Where??
Quote:
I'm not telling him to stop, I'm just saying how dramatic it was haha. Glad you agreed that it was over the top though.
it was but hey, it is what it is lol

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #299
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I want to say something.

I seriously can't believe some users' reactions to what was probably unbelievable even thinking about it 10 years ago, the fact that we were gonna have a 2nd and 3rd Avengers movies (not to mention what's happening in the other superhero franchises).

I haven't read a lot of comic books when I was a kid. I have a few, and I have a general idea of characters and arcs, certainly not as much as many people in this forums, but I can't believe that I'm living in this cinematic era where literally every superhero character is being portrayed on screen, and in a serious way. Not like in the 80's/90's, but with real respect. Arcs may change, storylines may diverge from the source material, but... so what? You have the comic books for that, go read them. There's a freaking Avengers movie featuring Hulk, Iron Man, Cap, Thor, Hawkeye, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, that's coming in a couple of years and who knows who are going to be in Part 3.

What I'm trying to say is, we should just enjoy that we are part of this. Just like Star Wars was a really big thing back then; 30, 40 years from now, I'm pretty sure this movies -or some of them, at least- will be seen with the same eyes we look Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future. We should not take this theater experiences for granted.

Old 07-21-2013, 07:10 PM   #300
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
All right, just got the news that Hank Pym isn't in AoU, and doesn't create Ultron.
When did Joss ever say this? Hank Pym isn't in The Avengers 2. Nothing has been said about who creates Ultron.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And **** the RDJ-Centric Universe. The whole goddamn MCU doesn't need to revolve around him.
What the hell does Robert Downey Jr. have to do with anything? You've gone off the deep end man.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Closed Thread