The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #301
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
All of their relationship? Do you really want him to become the most hated Avenger?
This.

Nobody wants to see Hank abusing Janet.

People would hate the **** out of him.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:13 PM   #302
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Just in case Sam hasn't had a full-on aneurysm yet, there's this from io9:

Quote:
In an exclusive interview with io9, Whedon said you can absolutely have Ultron without Hank Pym. He said:

"We don't have to have him. It works very simply — this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film."

I asked how this will change Ultron's origin story, as a kind of offspring of the Avengers themselves. Whedon smiled and replied:

"You'll have to wait and and see, but you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron."

This also frees up director Edgar Wright, who is working on the Ant Man movie, to truly own that character.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:15 PM   #303
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
When did Joss ever say this? Hank Pym isn't in The Avengers 2. Nothing has been said about who creates Ultron.

What the hell does Robert Downey Jr. have to do with anything? You've gone off the deep end man.
Exactly.

He never actually said Hank won't be the creator. Nor did he say that Tony will be the creator.

Now do to the mini teaser they showed, we know that Tony will be involved in his creation, somehow, but that doesn't mean that Hank won't be also.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:16 PM   #304
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Just in case Sam hasn't had a full-on aneurysm yet, there's this from io9:
Scratch everything I said.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #305
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Edit: nm

Old 07-21-2013, 08:17 PM   #306
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
When did Joss ever say this? Hank Pym isn't in The Avengers 2. Nothing has been said about who creates Ultron.

What the hell does Robert Downey Jr. have to do with anything? You've gone off the deep end man.
It wouldn't be the first time. Did you see his reaction to Peggy's inclusion in TWS?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:18 PM   #307
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
It wouldn't be the first time. Did you see his reaction to Peggy's inclusion in TWS?
It was bizarre. I guess this was the sequel.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:21 PM   #308
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was bizarre. I guess this was the sequel.
It was just about the oddest thing to be upset about.......

Are we really surprised about his reaction now? Hopefully he'll cool off and give the movie a chance.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #309
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

The thing is, I don't think Edgar Wright was planning on having Ultron anyway. Ant-Man is not going to be the movie some people are expecting. The movie was being created by Edgar before the MCU existed. It's not really going to be much of an MCU movie.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-21-2013, 08:24 PM   #310
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Interesting:

Old 07-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #311
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No. Joss specifically said Ultron is created out of the current Avengers. Just accept it.
It's safe to say that y never read any early Avengers comics?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #312
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Makes me wonder how Ant-man will fit into the MCU. I think they did say he will fit into the MCU, but if he's not in Avengers 2 and he's not responsible for Ultron, then how? Could they just mean that Ant-man is technically set within the wider MCU, but won't necessarily be seen outside of the Ant-man film and possible sequel?

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #313
OB12
Side-Kick

This is certainly some disappointing news. We'll see where it goes but I'm not really hyped to see a generic evil robot take on the Avengers. Joss gets some slack for what he has given us but my faith is shaken a bit right now to be sure.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:30 PM   #314
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

^? (to the picture)

also....just saw an interview with Evans and Scarlett Johansen, the interviewer told them the title of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, they looked at each other and both kind of smiled, and chris evans said, who's ultron? like two or three times, with a smirk on his face.

Not to mention Fiege said that Cap 2 is a big lead in to avengers 2...there's something going on with Cap 2

Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #315
ares834
Side-Kick

^ Got a link to the Evans/Scarlett interview?

Old 07-21-2013, 08:32 PM   #316
babykhris
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Makes me wonder how Ant-man will fit into the MCU. I think they did say he will fit into the MCU, but if he's not in Avengers 2 and he's not responsible for Ultron, then how? Could they just mean that Ant-man is technically set within the wider MCU, but won't necessarily be seen outside of the Ant-man film and possible sequel?
Ant-Man could be the 1st real superhero.
Cap, Hawkeye, Falcon and Widow are soldiers.
Hulk is a force of nature.
Thor is a god.
Iron Man is.....well Iron Man.

Pym could just want to be famous him and Janet, so they become heroes to become famous.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #317
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ironstar View Post
It's safe to say that y never read any early Avengers comics?
You know, some people who have read early Avengers comics will be okay with this. The same way some people who haven't read early Avengers comics will not be okay with it.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #318
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
^? (to the picture)

also....just saw an interview with Evans and Scarlett Johansen, the interviewer told them the title of Avengers 2: Age of Ultron, they looked at each other and both kind of smiled, and chris evans said, who's ultron? like two or three times, with a smirk on his face.

Not to mention Fiege said that Cap 2 is a big lead in to avengers 2...there's something going on with Cap 2
I'm telling you, my theory about Ultron being the real "Phase 2 Project" Fury talked about in Avengers is going to come true.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #319
Broseph44
We Are Groot

I feel like the post credits scene after Cap is gonna be something sweeeeet.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #320
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
I'm telling you, my theory about Ultron being the real "Phase 2 Project" Fury talked about in Avengers is going to come true.
Most likely and it wouldn't be crazy to have great minds like Stark and Banner help shield out in the process. And then obviously something along the line will go wrong. Sabotage of the Ultron AI perhaps by
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
robert redfords character? Or people under his command. Just seems like there's something going on in cap we will have to pay attention too. And aim possibly

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #321
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
^ Got a link to the Evans/Scarlett interview?
yessir

http://www.mtv.com/videos/interview/...tml#id=1709970

(ps, anyone know anything that can help a strained neck/trap muscle besides ice and ibuprofen? I fudged it up earlier today, and have been drinkin to dull the pain -_-)

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #322
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wasn't Phase 2 using the cube to make weapons? It's true Fury may be hiding the truth, but Stark hacked the system, it's not like Fury told them what it's for.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:37 PM   #323
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
'm not really hyped to see a generic evil robot take on the Avengers.
No Hank Pym = Generic evil robot?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #324
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Wasn't Phase 2 using the cube to make weapons? It's true Fury may be hiding the truth, but Stark hacked the system, it's not like Fury told them what it's for.
If you were Nick Fury, would you let a computer network hold your greatest secrets?

I don't doubt they were using the cube for some weapons, but I think something bigger was going on that Cap and Tony didn't see.

Old 07-21-2013, 08:38 PM   #325
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Or switching Cyclops' role for Wolverine
.....or switching from Kitty Pryde

Closed Thread