The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #351
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

i tried icy hot, didn't do too much :/

Old 07-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #352
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Also couldn't pym have created ultron in the past like after the events of avengers or something as a failsafe or as a job for whomever but really just laid out the groundwork. Then in avengers 2 the team is gigen the blueprints and officially builds the creation as a defense vs thanos? Maybe age of ultron doesn't mean that he's the villain until the end. Maybe he's a defense system that helps the whole movie and at the end goes awry. Hence showinf the age of ultron is upon us. So then pym is the creator just not in the film itself giving wright the chance to adapt the character fully.

Idk just trying to make a reasonable scenario.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #353
Crunchwrap
Facing only the Facts

Does anybody have a high res/good quality version of the Avengers: Age of Ultron logo?

The best I can find is only a few hundred pixels large...

Old 07-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #354
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

(open the image in a different tab)

Old 07-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #355
ares834
Side-Kick

It looks good, but I am kinda disappointed they cut out the word "the".

Old 07-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #356
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
But surely enough, he won't be featured in Phase 3 at all except for A3, and he'll be gone for good after that.

But they remedied that by making him the most important character in A2.
That might be the case but we don't know, Marvel wanted him locked in for Avengers 2 & 3, there is time between them to negotiate the possibility of an Iron Man 4 and who knows what could happen post-Avengers 3.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-21-2013, 09:04 PM   #357
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
TDKR Bane says hello.
BB's Ras said hi as well.

I'm okay with Whedon's judgement, and while Ultron may not be wholly created by Pym, I believe it will be done right in the end. And with Ant Man's movie coming in Phase 3, I think Pym will be introduced, and perhaps even tied to Ultron somehow.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-21-2013, 09:18 PM   #358
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

I am betting the post credits scene of AoU is gonna be showing the creator of Ultron...

Old 07-21-2013, 09:20 PM   #359
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Last I heard about plans for Ant-Man, Pym is '60s-based, yes?

Maybe he creates technology then that Stark later perfects and ****s things up for everyone by unleashing Ultron.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #360
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

It's also focused on Scott Lang, so I'm not sure that theory will pan out.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #361
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

From a new interview posted at CBM:

"We don't have to have him. It works very simply — this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film."

When asked how this will affect Ultron's story, Whedon smiled and responded:

"You'll have to wait and and see, but you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron."

I am still gonna bet that Ultron will connect to Ant Man

Last edited by darkslayer101; 07-21-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #362
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

You guys are getting it wrong. Pym creating Ultron isn't what's important. It's Hank having to face his failure & then face his friends who Hank almost got killed (Maybe even one of them dies). We're not getting that since Hank isn't a member.

I blame Wright for this. If he didn't take his sweet time, Ant-Man would've been in Avengers 1. Now the two most important things about the character (being a founding member & creating Ultron/his fall from grace) aren't apart of MCU Ant-Man; that movie will probably be good, but feel pointless in the grand scheme of the MCU.

I'm still hyped for Avengers 2, it's my most hyped most after GOTG, but no Hank is really disappointing.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #363
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
From a new interview posted at CBM:

"We don't have to have him. It works very simply this is Marvel cinema, not Marvel comics. One thing [Marvel Studios head] Kevin Feige has a genius for is knowing what to hold onto and what to let go of. You can invoke the feeling you had and play with the characters you love and remain true to the needs of the film."

When asked how this will affect Ultron's story, Whedon smiled and responded:

"You'll have to wait and and see, but you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron."

I am still gonna bet that Ultron will connect to Ant Man
That was from io9, and I posted it a few pages back. They'll have part 2 of their Whedon interview up tomorrow.

Also, I love the story behind that gif.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #364
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Fiege said, regarding captain america...

shift in the universe at the end of the movie, the movie is the biggest lead in to "Age of Ultron"....No pym... hmmmm, what's going on guys?
Two words:

Arnim Zola.

**** Tony Stark. TONY STARK AIN'T MAKING ULTRON. Get that through your noggin, RDJ and all you Iron Man-worshippin' infidels.

No reason in hell that Tony "I'm Not In the Weapons Business Anymore" Stark is going to create a killer robot/cybernetic weapons systems for a globalist government powered by the World Security Council ("Let's Nuke Manhattan") and SHIELD ("Let's Weaponize EVERYTHING"). Might as well say Bruce Freakin' Banner creates it, because that makes about as much sense.

But back to the whole "CATWS is the key! CATWS is the thing! CATWS is what bridges Avengers 1 and Avengers 2....the thing that surrounds Phase II and ties it, and binds the Avengers together"....

What's the wild card there? The player nobody talks about?

Arnim Zola.

And what exactly is Arnim Zola in the comics?

An evil AI who inhabits an android body. He IS Proto-Ultron.

There's your link. Feast.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #365
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

wow this thread has gone down the tubes. whedon/feige/marvel deserve some faith. this is a different universe.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-21-2013, 09:48 PM   #366
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Two words:

Arnim Zola.

**** Tony Stark. TONY STARK AIN'T MAKING ULTRON. Get that through your noggin, RDJ and all you Iron Man-worshippin' infidels.

No reason in hell that Tony "I'm Not In the Weapons Business Anymore" Stark is going to create a killer robot/cybernetic weapons systems for a globalist government powered by the World Security Council ("Let's Nuke Manhattan") and SHIELD ("Let's Weaponize EVERYTHING"). Might as well say Bruce Freakin' Banner creates it, because that makes about as much sense.

But back to the whole "CATWS is the key! CATWS is the thing! CATWS is what bridges Avengers 1 and Avengers 2....the thing that surrounds Phase II and ties it, and binds the Avengers together"....

Arnim Zola.

Last edited by Ms. Marvel; 07-21-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #367
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #368
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Two words:

Arnim Zola.

Arnim Zola.

Um..... the "footage" they showed at SDCC to announce Avengers: Age Ultron showed an IRON MAN HELMET being hammered into Ultron's head.

Even Whedon himself said it:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So if you think Tony Stark is creating Ultron, you're kidding yourself.

There would have to be time travel, or some other wicked trickery going on in the story for Oym to still be involved and/or for Tony to not be the creator.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:54 PM   #369
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post

(open the image in a different tab)
Compared to

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #370
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
You guys are getting it wrong. Pym creating Ultron isn't what's important. It's Hank having to face his failure & then face his friends who Hank almost got killed (Maybe even one of them dies). We're not getting that since Hank isn't a member.

I blame Wright for this. If he didn't take his sweet time, Ant-Man would've been in Avengers 1. Now the two most important things about the character (being a founding member & creating Ultron/his fall from grace) aren't apart of MCU Ant-Man; that movie will probably be good, but feel pointless in the grand scheme of the MCU.

I'm still hyped for Avengers 2, it's my most hyped most after GOTG, but no Hank is really disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
wow this thread has gone down the tubes. whedon/feige/marvel deserve some faith. this is a different universe.
I like you guys. Rationale does exist on SHH!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:56 PM   #371
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Compared to
A2 logo looks way more futuristic.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #372
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Cherokee your dramatics and anger are just beyond ridiculous

Old 07-21-2013, 10:00 PM   #373
Broseph44
We Are Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
I like you guys. Rationale does exist on SHH!
This is what I'm talking about, amen.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #374
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Um..... the "footage" they showed at SDCC to announce Avengers: Age Ultron showed an IRON MAN HELMET being hammered into Ultron's head.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

There would have to be time travel, or some other wicked trickery going on in the story for Oym to still be involved and/or for Tony to not be the creator.
Thank you for not apparently reading what I posted. At all.

Since I *did* say that Tony Stark is NOT creating Ultron. Which you seem to agree with in the above statement.

And since I did *not* say that Pym (Oym?) would be involved.

I'll repeat: Arnim Zola. ZOLA. With a Z. And an Ola.

And please tell me where in that video was it said by Joss that the image was designed to indicate Iron Man's mask was being *forged* into Ultron. There is a big difference between a mask being "beaten" and being "forged."

You wanna know what the symbolism is there? Read Mighty Avengers. The one where Ultron took over Iron Man's Extremis suit and became...."something else." Just like Joss said in the video.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #375
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Exactly. Heck, there are tons of hints in IM3 that Stark will build Ultron. Like how Jarvis controlled all the armors and how Stark blew them all up afterwards.

Closed Thread