The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #751
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
You are correct about Pym getting his memory wiped.
I thought so. I never read the original stories but I thought they had referenced it in later stories. Could factor into Whedons script, could not. We'll see.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #752
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Whedon will handle this well anyhow

Old 07-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #753
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Whedon did have the bare bones elements of the team and certain members history in the first film: Loki brings the team together with his action, Hawkeye is a "villain" initially, Loki's plan uses the Hulk for his own purposes ect. Could be he uses a similar tactic with Ultron and the Maximoffs.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:36 PM   #754
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Glad someone agrees.

I don't care that Pym won't be in it, but he needs to have ties to Ultron, no matter what IMO.

Even if he isn't the person who gets Ultron up and running, he needs to have created the initial version of him prior to him going rogue.
If Pym doesnt have ties to Ultron , but it is still a strong story, than I wont have a probem with it .

Old 07-23-2013, 08:39 PM   #755
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
This is going to be the norm for Marvel Phase 2 isn't it?
and 3 4 5 6...

Old 07-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #756
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Ideally for me I want Pym and Jan and Ultron. In my mind it's a package deal. But even without them I have trust in Whedon to deliver a strong story. Of coursr I trusted Nolan and co. as well after TDK and I got TDKRISES. So maybe it should be more trust but verify. Lol

Old 07-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #757
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I've got to say the 'Age of Ultron' title takes a shine off the idea of an Avengers sequel for me. Having read that story I have no love for that waste of paper. Hopefully the sequel doesn't lift anything more than the villain and the title. Otherwise we could be in for a major letdown.

Also I too am feeling underwhelmed at Hank Pym being cut out entirely only to have Tony Stark swapped in like they are interchangeable. Maybe Joss can turn out a movie that works incredibly well, but I can't deny that a lot of my enthusiasm for the sequel has went down the drain.
They borrowed the title, not the story arc.

Old 07-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #758
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Hey guys remember in the comics when Loki led an army of Chitauri against The Avengers? No?

Well how about that issue where Loki worked for Thanos? No?

Well surely you remember in the comics where it was Black Widow who brings Hulk to The Avengers right? No?
Hey guys remember when we used relevant examples? No?

Nice try but none of those are really comparable.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-23-2013, 08:52 PM   #759
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
So the way I see Joss doing it, is by making it the entire team's fault/idea. Rather than just one lone Avenger. I see them meeting at Avengers tower discussing creating an AI to help them protect the Earth from unseen/alien/threats.

Stark and Banner develop an ultra computer capable of monitoring and perceiving any and all potential world threats using the internet, phone lines, satellite imaging, etc. or whatever.

Thor provides them with power source/armor plating to protect their new device. They probably come up with an acronym for U.L.T.R.O.N. so that the name makes sense.

And then Captain America dissents. He thinks it's an invasion of privacy and dangerous but finally (after much convincing and due in part to the events of CA:TWS) reluctantly agrees.

That way no one Avenger is at fault and it has the element of "evil force created by good intentions" that Ultron is supposed to have. I just feel like that's the most likely "great script" Joss has cooked up. Obviously I still expect to be shocked. But I bet this is the case.

That being said, the theory I just posed feels like a huge ghey cop-out. Pinning it all on Pym is far more interesting imo.
Universal Large Threat Response Only Network?

Also, I find it kind of interesting how Joss said "you don't need a Pym to create an Ultron"...opposed to "you don't need Pym to create Ultron"

Last edited by jaqua99; 07-23-2013 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #760
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
They borrowed the title, not the story arc.
Welcome to three days ago. lol

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #761
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Ideally for me I want Pym and Jan and Ultron. In my mind it's a package deal. But even without them I have trust in Whedon to deliver a strong story. Of coursr I trusted Nolan and co. as well after TDK and I got TDKRISES. So maybe it should be more trust but verify. Lol
...I loved tdkr :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #762
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

[QUOTE=mkilban2;26447551]...I loved tdkr :/

Quote:
/QUOTE]

:P

tdkr was okay. To be flat honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the Nolan movies. I know they are great movies, but god damn, I don't want to see my comic book movies grounded in realism, they are freakin superheroes.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #763
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

[QUOTE=jaqua99;26447573]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
...I loved tdkr :/

:P

tdkr was okay. To be flat honest, I wasn't a huge fan of the Nolan movies. I know they are great movies, but god damn, I don't want to see my comic book movies grounded in realism, they are freakin superheroes.
You just want campy action and fart jokes every second, you're not smart enough to get Nolan's cerebral way of filmmaking.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 PM   #764
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I just really loved cillian Murphy, heath leger and tom hardy and liam neeson in each film. They more than anything else are what I enjoy most. Bale was good but that damn bat voice annoys me! Why does he use it talking to fox and alfred one on one? ? Hehe

But I digress..

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 07-23-2013, 09:13 PM   #765
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post

You just want campy action and fart jokes every second, you're not smart enough to get Nolan's cerebral way of filmmaking.

I hope this is a joke lol otherwise I forgot, people aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority at the hype

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I just really loved cillian Murphy, heath leger and tom hardy and liam neeson in each film. They more than anything else are what I enjoy most. Bale was good but that damn bat voice annoys me! Why does he use it talking to fox and alfred one on one? ? Hehe

But I digress..
Makes me cringe lol

Old 07-23-2013, 09:19 PM   #766
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Yeah to much realism! But I also liked that he made it more like a thriller rather than a superhero movie. I mean we have had a lot of superduper hero batman movies before so it was appreciated.
The second movie was very very very good! Man of Steel had some serious issues tho, even if it was good!

I really missed the superhero qualities in Nolan-bat. He wasnīt serious/smart/tactical/strong as I want him to be.
I felt the same with Peter Parker in the first Spider-man movies, the new spidey is much more like the Parker I imagine.

But Nolan did a great job and I canīt see how he could have made batman the way I wanted him to be so

Old 07-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #767
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Yeah to much realism! But I also liked that he made it more like a thriller rather than a superhero movie. I mean we have had a lot of superduper hero batman movies before so it was appreciated.
The second movie was very very very good! Man of Steel had some serious issues tho, even if it was good!

I really missed the superhero qualities in Nolan-bat. He wasnīt serious/smart/tactical/strong as I want him to be.
I felt the same with Peter Parker in the first Spider-man movies, the new spidey is much more like the Parker I imagine.

But Nolan did a great job and I canīt see how he could have made batman the way I wanted him to be so
I agree 100%

Old 07-23-2013, 09:25 PM   #768
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Quote:
I hope this is a joke lol otherwise I forgot, people aren't allowed to have opinions that differ from the majority at the hype

Makes me cringe lol
Yes, the conveys sarcasm supposedly.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #769
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:

I think they are good movies but bad Batman/Superhero movies. I'm not the biggest fan of them either in the end.

I love what Marvel is doing and how their films are filled with fantasy and sci-fi elements and aren't afraid to show it. Even Iron Man which has been called "grounded" is filled with epic science fiction stuff.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #770
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
Yes, the conveys sarcasm supposedly.

"sarcasm", didn't notice that it said it lol gotcha

Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #771
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I think they are good movies but bad Batman/Superhero movies. I'm not the biggest fan of them either in the end.

I love what Marvel is doing and how their films are filled with fantasy and sci-fi elements and aren't afraid to show it. Even Iron Man which has been called "grounded" is filled with epic science fiction stuff.
Glad you agree. That's my beef with it. It irritates me when people criticize the avengers comparing to those movies, with the comedy, and the "fun" aspect of it...it's a super hero movie. It wasn't suppose to be dark gritty, and grounded...a movie with Iron man, Hulk, Thor, and Captain America delivered exactly what it intended to. Movies don't have to be dark and "realistic" to be good, don't like how it's kind of setting a standard.

My cousin Vinnie isn't a serious movie at all, and I think it's a much better movie than any of Nolan's batman movies. (his other stuff is great imo)

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #772
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:

I wish the projector computer hands on stuff was real. .. or if it is real I wish I could afford it haha

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #773
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

Quote:

Oh yes, totally. They might not be "epic serious" like TDK trilogy, but they're fun. There's something about having a good time in the cinema that has been lost, in between the "gritty" and "seriousness" that some director inject to their movies.
And I like that Marvel embraces the comic book elements of their heroes and make entertaining movies. Even with their flaws, they work.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #774
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Hey, would anyone else have a Nerdgasm if Benedict Cumberbatch voices Ultron?

To me, he's IDEAL
Dude, yes.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Old 07-23-2013, 09:49 PM   #775
Aztec
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Hey guys remember when we used relevant examples? No?

Nice try but none of those are really comparable.
What a weak attempt at a dismissive response with no argument.

All three examples represent significant changes (and there's any number more I could point to) to the characters, their relationships with one another, their motivations, and their status. The Ultron change is no difference.

The comics and the movies are different. Get over it. Or you all of you can keep crying about it for all I care.

I'll just sit back and enjoy the genius that is Whedon and the beauty of finally seeing these stories brought to life on the big screen.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Closed Thread