The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #151
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
With creativity and originality, probably.
sounds like an "INO" to me... not always a good thing

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-21-2013, 04:00 PM   #152
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
No need for douche baggery.
Internet is serious business, there's always a need for douchebaggery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
CBM is the sweaty armpit of the internet. just because they post it doesn't mean it's 100% fact at all.
Truth.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #153
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
I think (and have always hoped) tony would play a huge part in ultron's creation, but Pym's gotta have some part of it. Otherwise there's honestly not much to tell about Ant-Man... it becomes a film that's really just about a guy who shrinks and grows.

as people have said above... Hank isn't known for that much aside from slapping Jan, creating pym particles, and Ultron. Scott Lang and Eric O'grady are known for even far less than that. There's not a whole lot of story to continue any of those characters with imo
Read the CBM article with the Whedon interview. Hank Pym isn't in A:AOU.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #154
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Quote:
sounds like an "INO" to me... not always a good thing
Wait, so even if someone like Scott Lang is totally uninteresting to you and they rejuvenate the character to make him interesting in the movie, that's worse than leaving him bland and/or not doing him at all? Honest question, cuz I just feel so differently about that stuff.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:10 PM   #155
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
CBM is the sweaty armpit of the internet. just because they post it doesn't mean it's 100% fact at all. Often enough things are taken out of context, and even then, just because things are answered in one way doesn't mean they're meaning it that way nor even telling the truth. Just wait and be patient
"In (Ultron's) origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

Yeah, that seems to be pretty clear that Pym will not be involved with Ultron... Ugh. My enthusiasm for this film has now tanked.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #156
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

it originated from the site, right? He didn't say Hank doesn't create Ultron, he said he's not in the mix....something worth noting...

on the site, another article was just posted quoting Fiege, saying Cap 2 is essentially a direct lead into age of ultron...with that being the case, don't see how it can be soley a stark creation..also, the article provides a source...., the article with Joss' comments, the author provided no source.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #157
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
CBM is the sweaty armpit of the internet. just because they post it doesn't mean it's 100% fact at all. Often enough things are taken out of context, and even then, just because things are answered in one way doesn't mean they're meaning it that way nor even telling the truth. Just wait and be patient
No. Joss LITERALLY said it. It's an interview that didn't even originate from them. i said it's on CBM because it's just easy to find it there.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #158
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
it originated from the site, right? He didn't say Hank doesn't create Ultron, he said he's not in the mix....something worth noting...

on the site, another article was just posted quoting Fiege, saying Cap 2 is essentially a direct lead into age of ultron...with that being the case, don't see how it can be soley a stark creation..also, the article provides a source...., the article with Joss' comments, the author provided no source.
Quote:
In the origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside
Quote:
We're crafting our own version of it where his origin comes more directly from The Avengers we already know about.
Quote:
Nothing can be translated exactly as it was from the comics; particularly Ultron."
That's pretty clearly saying Hank Pym is not creating him.

And the source is Marvel itself. They interviewed Joss in a live stream.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:26 PM   #159
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Read the CBM article with the Whedon interview. Hank Pym isn't in A:AOU.
True. As much as I hate to admit it, Pym isnīt going to be a part of A:AoU.
Perhaps he is mentioned or seen very briefly somehow. But I doubt it.
Itīs clear that the MCU is building itīs own version where the threat is
comming from the Avengers themselves. Iron man is ofc one of the creators.
I donīt think Iron man alone will be responsible.

I wonder if Tony (or some other avengers as well) built the AI and the robotic body and there was an accident or if someone did it on purpose.
This someone could aslo make it look like an accident eventhough it wasnīt

Old 07-21-2013, 04:41 PM   #160
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

RDJ just signed a very lucrative new 2 movie deal, the Iron Man solo movies are Marvel's biggest franchise, there' s no way they sideline the franchise player.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:47 PM   #161
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I am calling it now. Tony builds Ultron and then dons the Iron Man suit again out of guilt for whatever Ultron will do.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #162
TheSpartanX54
The North Remembers.

Prediction: Hawkeye dies in A:AoU. Makes sense with Whedon saying he has a bigger role.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:53 PM   #163
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Stark is approaching Wolverine level for me. Thank the gods MS has other options unlike FOX's x universe.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #164
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons

I read that before they showed the title, it showed Ultron's face. Does anyone know where to find that?

Old 07-21-2013, 04:57 PM   #165
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Wait, so even if someone like Scott Lang is totally uninteresting to you and they rejuvenate the character to make him interesting in the movie, that's worse than leaving him bland and/or not doing him at all? Honest question, cuz I just feel so differently about that stuff.
Not if it takes away the character's most important story, like they are with Hank.

Old 07-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #166
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Stark is approaching Wolverine level for me. Thank the gods MS has other options unlike FOX's x universe.
But they won't use those options until forced by RDJ's departure in A3

Old 07-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #167
TheSpartanX54
The North Remembers.

Quote:
RDJ is above that level.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #168
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Not if it takes away the character's most important story, like they are with Hank.
Implying they didn't already do this. Why are you guys acting like them diminishing Hank is new news? They already did it when he wasn't in the first Avengers film. If that didn't ruin that film for you then this isn't going to ruin this film for you.

It's hilarious to me that people are saying the movie is ruined for them because ONE CHARACTER who doesn't even exist yet is being lessened.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:03 PM   #169
TheFuture
Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I am calling it now. Tony builds Ultron and then dons the Iron Man suit again out of guilt for whatever Ultron will do.
We've already seen Tony driven by guilt and turmoil (IM3); it doesn't really make sense to do it all over again in A2.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:04 PM   #170
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Implying they didn't already do this. Why are you guys acting like them diminishing Hank is new news? They already did it when he wasn't in the first Avengers film. If that didn't ruin that film for you then this isn't going to ruin this film for you.

It's hilarious to me that people are saying the movie is ruined for them because ONE CHARACTER who doesn't even exist yet is being lessened.
Actually Ultron's, Hank's, and Jan's.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #171
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post

That's the whole point though.

They had already taken away being an Avengers founder, taken away Ultron, his most important story, makes it pointless for an Ant-Man movie to even be made

Old 07-21-2013, 05:06 PM   #172
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
"In (Ultron's) origin story, there was Hank Pym, so a lot of people assumed that he will be in the mix. He's not. We're basically taking the things from the comics for the movies that we need and can use. A lot of stuff has to fall by the wayside."

Yeah, that seems to be pretty clear that Pym will not be involved with Ultron... Ugh. My enthusiasm for this film has now tanked.
That reminds me of what some people in the batboards said when they found out there was going to be no permawhite for the Joker in TDK.

Not that it's the same situation, but I still couldn't help but notice that.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:07 PM   #173
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
RDJ just signed a very lucrative new 2 movie deal, the Iron Man solo movies are Marvel's biggest franchise, there' s no way they sideline the franchise player.
But surely enough, he won't be featured in Phase 3 at all except for A3, and he'll be gone for good after that.

But they remedied that by making him the most important character in A2.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #174
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Actually Ultron's, Hank's, and Jan's.
Not Ultron. Hank and Jan. Ultron is still every bit as important as he ever was, if not more so, because he's possibly a product of multiple Avengers in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
That's the whole point though.

They had already taken away being an Avengers founder, taken away Ultron, his most important story, makes it pointless for an Ant-Man movie to even be made
No it doesn't. People are forgetting that Wright said Scott Lang is the protagonist of the Ant-Man movie and Pym is an older guy. Pym not being big in the MCU is nothing new. And Pym hasn't even been Ant-Man in the comics for over 30 years anyway.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:12 PM   #175
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
i praise the marvel films because of the fact that they're able to modernize their characters while still keeping the spirit and the "feel" of the characters and their story lines accurate. completely re-hauling pym and lang to just focus on their science and powers doesn't really do much for me. It sounds like how FOX thinks about some of the x-men characters.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread