The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Do you think Batman will drag the MOS sequel down?
Yes. 37 40.66%
No. 54 59.34%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2013, 10:52 AM   #126
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think it could have been awesome if Supes was in the sequel to BB, which would obviously not be TDK.

(Though that being said, subbing out Dent for Supes could have worked nicely imo, the hero with a face who the joker pushes over the edge)
The whole thing about Superman entering Batman's world is that he could just snatch up his rogues gallery (Joker included). Likewise, if Batman enters Superman's world, the best he can do is throw exploding batarangs at dangerous robots and give advice.

So Batman is just as interesting in Superman's world, but Superman can be "invasive" to Batman's world.

But TBH, I'd have MORE cameos in solo movies, not less. Comic universes tend to have quite a bit of characters showing up out of the blue.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #127
STARMAN
Side-Kick

To me, MOS was more about Kal-El than Clark. Not trying to play around with semantics. Want to see more Clark at Daily Planet, more Clark and Lois. Need more of that with the Superman/Batman combo.

STARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #128
JangoNate
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
To me, MOS was more about Kal-El than Clark. Not trying to play around with semantics. Want to see more Clark at Daily Planet, more Clark and Lois. Need more of that with the Superman/Batman combo.
Definitely agree about the planet. That's the next step with the Kal/Clark journey. I just wanted to point out that Superman does need to be developed beyond his powers and action.

JangoNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:55 AM   #129
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Then I think we're pretty much in agreement.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:57 AM   #130
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I think they may save the Bat in full fledged costume and not waste that shot until the end of the movie and into Justice League. I feel we'll see more of Clarks interaction and building relations with Lois Lane and Bruce Wayne than Superman/Batman. The Bat reveal will be more towards the end with the buildup to the Supes/Bats confrontation. They won't reveal that early.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:59 AM   #131
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

I've given this more thought and I'm more open to this movie. It is certainly better than just giving Batman a cameo. Why wait? Just give it to us now. If this is what gets Justice League going, fine.

Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 AM   #132
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
THIS. To me, MoS was about Krypton. The tension between Kryptonians on their world, a Kryptonian on Earth, and the collision between two worlds. Thus, it's more thematically cohesive, I think, then some people make it out to be.

But MOS2 ABSOLUTELY has to be about Clark and Earth, with Superman as his way of interacting and helping people on a public level. This high profile can cause Bruce to get interested in this guy and want to meet him, only to go to Metropolis to find out that Superman is believed to have caused various crimes. Wayne assumes that because he has a double life, that he must also have a secret identity. He decides to blackmail Clark into meeting him, and then he cleverly arranges to have the fight in a manner that weakens him.

A lot of this can be a flashback that Bruce himself confesses after he realizes that Clark is trustworthy. That way, only 15+ minutes of the narrative is taken by Bruce/Batman, and Clark could have the majority of the movie to himself, Metropolis being the main periphery focus, with the subplot of the villains and their plan lying in the background.

Also, Lois has to be a HUGE part of the movie. She kind of ebbs and flows in MOS. Her role should be played out, but should not compromise the narrative through overexposure in MOS2.

Old 07-23-2013, 07:42 PM   #133
kedrell
Porkchop Sandwiches!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
With all due respect that's not true, Timm is a bigger batman fan than he is a superman fan we all know that but during the 3 episode arc the "world's finest" superman was shown in top form, in that arc:
Those examples are the co-protagonist versions I was talking about and indeed they are the best versions(especially Knight Time). But most of the time it seems that Superman gets nerfed so Batman can look better. And sinc Batman is still much ore popular it'd be real easy to let him steal the spotlight in MoS2. Hopefully, that doesn't happen. Because Batman and Superman simply aren't equals. How in the world could any mere human being be equal with Superman?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #134
ChrisBaleBatman
Legendary Hero

It's a hard balancing act. Even if they nail it, people will still be pissed no matter what. I feel like all that can be asked is that both get a fair shake.

Batman would be the underdog...and people do like underdogs.

ChrisBaleBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #135
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBaleBatman View Post
It's a hard balancing act. Even if they nail it, people will still be pissed no matter what. I feel like all that can be asked is that both get a fair shake.

Batman would be the underdog...and people do like underdogs.
It’s kind of hard to view Batman as the underdog considering how much success the character has received in general. An successful multi-billionaire trilogy, with its first two films being considered as groundbreaking for the Comic Book Movie Genre, especially the latter one.

And any fan that’s seen the animated series would know how many times Batman has gotten the upper hand on Superman, most notably in the recent “Injustice” game.

Not to mention, you already have superman fans pissed off already or at least present with mixed emotions already going into this film due to the fact that they were basically robbed of their solo sequel.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #136
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
Those examples are the co-protagonist versions I was talking about and indeed they are the best versions(especially Knight Time). But most of the time it seems that Superman gets nerfed so Batman can look better. And sinc Batman is still much ore popular it'd be real easy to let him steal the spotlight in MoS2. Hopefully, that doesn't happen. Because Batman and Superman simply aren't equals. How in the world could any mere human being be equal with Superman?
No those are examples of superman saving or outwitting batman where superman came out as top dog. You said batman showed superman off all the time in the animated universe I would like examples of that, because that's what keep hearing from fanboys yet no really seemed to watch these things properly.

Yes batman is the most popular character out there (thanks to Nolan's film) and superman, spiderman, iron man etc....are all second fiddle in terms of popularity, there is no shame in that. popularity is a fleeting thing, it comes and goes but that doesn't mean that superman is going to play second fiddle in WF (although it's very possible that batman would get top billing and superman would get punked) but I for one am going to wait before I declare doom and gloom.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:55 AM   #137
Project862006
Banned User

i guess i have more faith in snyder and goyer than most here

they did'nt just spend the past 3 years developing man of steel and making superman cool on the big screen again and snyder going this past year saying he is the king daddy of all super heroes to just throw away all that good will to make batman cool when he already is cool and just had a bad ass trilogy this isn't a wolverine/cyclops situation here

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:58 AM   #138
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I don't worry about who lands more punches. The fight stuff should be the easiest part of putting Superman and Batman together.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #139
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i guess i have more faith in snyder and goyer than most here

they did'nt just spend the past 3 years developing man of steel and making superman cool on the big screen again and snyder going this past year saying he is the king daddy of all super heroes to just throw away all that good will to make batman cool when he already is cool and just had a bad ass trilogy this isn't a wolverine/cyclops situation here
I feel like Snyder will give us the best Batman on screen. So I'm not worried about that portion of the film. Just the non-action, character driven portions. Though if MOS overcompensates for SR, than maybe MOS2 might overcompensate for MOS.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #140
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I feel like Snyder will give us the best Batman on screen. So I'm not worried about that portion of the film. Just the non-action, character driven portions. Though if MOS overcompensates for SR, than maybe MOS2 might overcompensate for MOS.
Which mean? No more punch from superman?

Btw, is this movie really out in 2015? Summer?

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 09:21 AM   #141
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Naah. Just a half hour of action and two for character development

Old 07-24-2013, 10:57 AM   #142
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It’s kind of hard to view Batman as the underdog considering how much success the character has received in general. An successful multi-billionaire trilogy, with its first two films being considered as groundbreaking for the Comic Book Movie Genre, especially the latter one.

And any fan that’s seen the animated series would know how many times Batman has gotten the upper hand on Superman, most notably in the recent “Injustice” game.

Not to mention, you already have superman fans pissed off already or at least present with mixed emotions already going into this film due to the fact that they were basically robbed of their solo sequel.
The whole trilogy is considered groundbreaking for the CBM genre. It's not an X-Men/Raimi trilogy situation.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Ms. Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:38 AM   #143
GreenKToo
In the fire

I think this storyline will lead up to a JL film.
Lex along with some muscle, ie, Metallo, parasite, pick your poison, along with the Joker will probably be the villains in Mos 2/WF.

Bruce/Bats,during the course of the struggle, could somehow discover a deeper, more worldwide threat than just Lex and the Joker. A threat that he and even Superman couldnt handle alone, so He puts his detective skills to work and tracks down the other heroes at the end of the film to face this new world ending threat.

GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 PM   #144
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Wow. 3 villains. Sounds familiar

Old 07-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #145
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I like Tyler Hoechlin for Batman. I think he could do it, right height and age and looks the part. I'd be okay with him.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #146
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I think this storyline will lead up to a JL film.
Lex along with some muscle, ie, Metallo, parasite, pick your poison, along with the Joker will probably be the villains in Mos 2/WF.

Bruce/Bats,during the course of the struggle, could somehow discover a deeper, more worldwide threat than just Lex and the Joker. A threat that he and even Superman couldnt handle alone, so He puts his detective skills to work and tracks down the other heroes at the end of the film to face this new world ending threat.
Personally, I would prefer for both Superman and Batman to be responsible in searching for the league and being the foundations that led to its creation as opposed it just being batman.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:54 PM   #147
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
^ Wow. 3 villains. Sounds familiar
TDK technically had 3 villains.
Scarecrow (sort of), Joker, Two-Face. See it can work out.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9

Quote:
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 07-24-2013, 08:59 PM   #148
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
TDK technically had 3 villains.
Scarecrow (sort of), Joker, Two-Face. See it can work out.
Don't forget Sal Maroni as well since he's also a canon comic book villain, albeit nowhere near the level of prominence like the three mentioned above.

Anyways, to answer the question of this thread, heck Batman is alreayd hampering my enjoyment of MOS as well.lol

Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #149
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Scarecrow-cameo, so he shouldn't count. Joker-dominant villain. Two Face-anti-hero, who does some villainous stuff.

And that's not mentioning the mob bosses

Old 07-24-2013, 09:08 PM   #150
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Don't forget Sal Maroni as well since he's also a canon comic book villain, albeit nowhere near the level of prominence like the three mentioned above.

Anyways, to answer the question of this thread, heck Batman is alreayd hampering my enjoyment of MOS as well.lol
Well in that case, all the movies in TDK trilogy had multiple villains.
The most important thing is execution. SM3 had 3 different villains, each with different storylines, in addition to Peter Parker's personal problems, making the movie convoluted.

Multiple villains can work, if done right. Unfortunately that is pretty hard to do. Unless they are mainly goons answering to a main villain.

Quote:
^ Scarecrow-cameo, so he shouldn't count. Joker-dominant villain. Two Face-anti-hero, who does some villainous stuff.

And that's not mentioning the mob bosses
I would disagree with that. Catwoman was an anti-hero, Two Face was something else.....

Quote: