The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Do you think Batman will drag the MOS sequel down?
Yes. 37 40.66%
No. 54 59.34%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #151
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Arguably. Probably a tragic villain

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:42 PM   #152
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,246
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

I posted this in the open discussion thread but I'll post it in here as well:

As someone that loved MOS and would have preferred a direct sequel, I will have to admit that it does make sense for Bruce/Batman to want to take a closer look at Superman especially after something as catastrophic as what occurred at the end of MOS. If these heroes exist now in this universe, then I would expect one to step up and see what this alien is all about and make sure if he can be trusted.

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #153
blumatic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 558
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
I posted this in the open discussion thread but I'll post it in here as well:

As someone that loved MOS and would have preferred a direct sequel, I will have to admit that it does make sense for Bruce/Batman to want to take a closer look at Superman especially after something as catastrophic as what occurred at the end of MOS. If these heroes exist now in this universe, then I would expect one to step up and see what this alien is all about and make sure if he can be trusted.
Hey. If the focus is to make this a true open world than fine. But the issue is Superman is not Superman yet. I hope that the movie gives Superman's progress full attention with Batman playing a role similar to Catwoman in TDKR.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #154
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,970
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Hey. If the focus is to make this a true open world than fine. But the issue is Superman is not Superman yet. I hope that the movie gives Superman's progress full attention with Batman playing a role similar to Catwoman in TDKR.
Just minus the passionate kiss at the end of course; though some over at Tumblr would argue otherwise.lol

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #155
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick
 
FlawlessVictory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 8,246
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Hey. If the focus is to make this a true open world than fine. But the issue is Superman is not Superman yet. I hope that the movie gives Superman's progress full attention with Batman playing a role similar to Catwoman in TDKR.
I get what you are saying but why would Batman wait until Superman is "Superman" before he looks into him closely. He would want to investigate him right away right?

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 11:53 PM   #156
Senator Pleasury
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,846
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
TDK technically had 3 villains.
Scarecrow (sort of), Joker, Two-Face. See it can work out.
Scarecrow was more like the buffoon.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:20 AM   #157
blumatic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 558
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
I get what you are saying but why would Batman wait until Superman is "Superman" before he looks into him closely. He would want to investigate him right away right?
Well I didn't suggest that. Batman can investigate, he can part of the film and have involvement. I don't want Batman influencing Superman's journey at all.

In TDKR, Batman nor Catwoman influenced each other. They were who they were (insert coach gif). They talked they had a small battle together. But in the end of it all or was never a Batman/Catwoman film. It was a Batman film. That's all the police cared about, that's all the villains cared about.

The more I think about it, Rises is the perfect template. Catwoman had her own poster, everyone knew she was in it. But the main posters and billing belonged to Batman.

The same should be for Superman.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #158
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

I don't think Batman will hamper Superman, but there's no question that the quote used doesn't really give a good impression.

That being said, I'd rather this quote be read instead:

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:27 AM   #159
blumatic
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 558
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I don't think Batman will hamper Superman, but there's no question that the quote used doesn't really give a good impression.

That being said, I'd rather this quote be read instead:
That would be cool.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:32 AM   #160
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumatic View Post
Well I didn't suggest that. Batman can investigate, he can part of the film and have involvement. I don't want Batman influencing Superman's journey at all.

In TDKR, Batman nor Catwoman influenced each other. They were who they were (insert coach gif). They talked they had a small battle together. But in the end of it all or was never a Batman/Catwoman film. It was a Batman film. That's all the police cared about, that's all the villains cared about.

The more I think about it, Rises is the perfect template. Catwoman had her own poster, everyone knew she was in it. But the main posters and billing belonged to Batman.

The same should be for Superman.
Wow. Of all the posts I read, this made me really think. Of all TDKR did that I am not too fond of, it did a good job of not letting Catwoman upstage him.

I hope the same happens for Superman in W/F slash MOS2.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:45 AM   #161
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade
 
Axl Van Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,609
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
It’s kind of hard to view Batman as the underdog considering how much success the character has received in general. An successful multi-billionaire trilogy, with its first two films being considered as groundbreaking for the Comic Book Movie Genre, especially the latter one.

And any fan that’s seen the animated series would know how many times Batman has gotten the upper hand on Superman, most notably in the recent “Injustice” game.

Not to mention, you already have superman fans pissed off already or at least present with mixed emotions already going into this film due to the fact that they were basically robbed of their solo sequel.
Exactly. Batman may be the "underdog" in terms of physical ability, but in terms of the characters' current status among moviegoers, Superman is totally the underdog here.

Long-suffering Superman fans have been waiting for decades to see a movie that offered a successful, modern, post-Donner take on their hero. Batman didn't have a failed reboot (or "pseudo-sequel") the same way Superman did. For almost the last decade, all we've heard is how great Nolan's Batman trilogy is and how TDK is the most influential movie since Star Wars, yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Superman was struggling just to get his foot back in the door.

Now we finally have the foundations laid for a new Superman franchise. But instead of further exploring the character on his own terms, WB just couldn't resist shoving Batman into the picture.

From the perspective of those who just want to see a DC Cinematic Universe, I can see how this might look like an interesting way to speed that process along while avoiding blatantly copying Marvel's strategy. But Superman is easily my favourite superhero and at this point, I am way more interested in seeing more solo adventures than seeing him interacting with other DC heroes.

To offer an analogy, at the end of MOS, I was primed for more Superman, because the last scene leaves us with that tantalizing first glimpse of Clark with glasses at the Daily Planet. You want to know more about that aspect of his life and how the filmmakers will explore that. By contrast, at the end of CA: TFA, I was primed for the big crossover event, because that movie had given us basically everything we needed to see with WWII Cap.

If TFA had ended with Steve finally donning his main Captain America suit and getting the round shield, you would want to see him actually have some adventures as the classic Captain America before dumping him right into The Avengers. This proposed Batman vs. Superman movie would therefore be the equivalent of The Avengers if you only saw Steve in the process of becoming Captain America - the first half of the movie, basically - and then they froze him then and there before we got to see him in full-on classic Cap mode.

__________________
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."—Lenin

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:46 AM   #162
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,970
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Wow. Of all the posts I read, this made me really think. Of all TDKR did that I am not too fond of, it did a good job of not letting Catwoman upstage him.

I hope the same happens for Superman in W/F slash MOS2.
I will admit that the last two batman films did a pretty good job in presenting major protagonists within the films (John Blake, Selina Kyle, Harvey Dent) while allowing Batman to still shine and let everyone know that it was still his journey that audiences were following for the most part.

Whether or not this is the intention of Snyder and Goyer regarding Superman remains to be seen.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 AM   #163
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,970
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Exactly. Batman may be the "underdog" in terms of physical ability, but in terms of the characters' current status among moviegoers, Superman is totally the underdog here.

Long-suffering Superman fans have been waiting for decades to see a movie that offered a successful, modern, post-Donner take on their hero. Batman didn't have a failed reboot (or "pseudo-sequel") the same way Superman did. For almost the last decade, all we've heard is how great Nolan's Batman trilogy is and how TDK is the most influential movie since Star Wars, yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Superman was struggling just to get his foot back in the door.

Now we finally have the foundations laid for a new Superman franchise. But instead of further exploring the character on his own terms, WB just couldn't resist shoving Batman into the picture.

From the perspective of those who just want to see a DC Cinematic Universe, I can see how this might look like an interesting way to speed that process along while avoiding blatantly copying Marvel's strategy. But Superman is easily my favourite superhero and at this point, I am way more interested in seeing more solo adventures than seeing him interacting with other DC heroes.

To offer an analogy, at the end of MOS, I was primed for more Superman, because the last scene leaves us with that tantalizing first glimpse of Clark with glasses at the Daily Planet. You want to know more about that aspect of his life and how the filmmakers will explore that. By contrast, at the end of CA: TFA, I was primed for the big crossover event, because that movie had given us basically everything we needed to see with WWII Cap.

If TFA had ended with Steve finally donning his main Captain America suit and getting the round shield, you would want to see him actually have some adventures as the classic Captain America before dumping him right into The Avengers. This proposed Batman vs. Superman movie would therefore be the equivalent of The Avengers if you only saw Steve in the process of becoming Captain America - the first half of the movie, basically - and then they froze him then and there before we got to see him in full-on classic Cap mode.


herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:05 AM   #164
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,886
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I think this storyline will lead up to a JL film.
Lex along with some muscle, ie, Metallo, parasite, pick your poison, along with the Joker will probably be the villains in Mos 2/WF.

Bruce/Bats,during the course of the struggle, could somehow discover a deeper, more worldwide threat than just Lex and the Joker. A threat that he and even Superman couldnt handle alone, so He puts his detective skills to work and tracks down the other heroes at the end of the film to face this new world ending threat.
I am thinking Doomsday too since they wanna throw in all their best to go against Avengers 2 and StarWars.

__________________
SUPERMAN RETURNS COMIC STRIPS
The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:15 AM   #165
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade
 
Axl Van Sixx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,609
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

There is no way in hell that Doomsday will appear in the next Superman movie. That particular villain has one function and one function only: to kill Superman. I don't see that happening when Supes himself has barely been introduced to the world and a good chunk of the sequel will now be devoted to Batman.

__________________
"Democracy for an insignificant minority, democracy for the rich — that is the democracy of capitalist society."—Lenin

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Axl Van Sixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #166
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Long-suffering Superman fans have been waiting for decades to see a movie that offered a successful, modern, post-Donner take on their hero. Batman didn't have a failed reboot (or "pseudo-sequel") the same way Superman did. For almost the last decade, all we've heard is how great Nolan's Batman trilogy is and how TDK is the most influential movie since Star Wars, yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Superman was struggling just to get his foot back in the door.
But the thing that both franchises have in common is that they both have failed films in the continuity of their successful films...Batman Forever and Batman & Robin were failed efforts to make Batman relevant in the post-Burton era, in the same way that Superman III and IV and Returns were failures to revitalize the character in the post-Donner/Lester era.

I'd blame the fact that maybe, audiences aren't as sold on Superman as they are with Batman, Iron Man etc. Maybe they like a human hero to make them feel as if they can do the impossible. Superman is inherently difficult for that reason, it doesn't resonate as well due to preconceived notions and the huge gap between Superman and other humans.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:22 PM   #167
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

And guys...seriously? Doomsday THIS early?

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #168
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

^ Nope. Doomsday should be reserved for a "justice league" or something. I seriously want "Return of Superman" to be the last Superman movie for quite a while, though.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 01:43 PM   #169
InJustice
Side-Kick
 
InJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 2,955
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Exactly. Either a Justice League movie, or a "final" Man of Steel movie with JL appearances and a cliffhanger conclusion that Superman is alive.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:19 PM   #170
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
Exactly. Batman may be the "underdog" in terms of physical ability, but in terms of the characters' current status among moviegoers, Superman is totally the underdog here.

Long-suffering Superman fans have been waiting for decades to see a movie that offered a successful, modern, post-Donner take on their hero. Batman didn't have a failed reboot (or "pseudo-sequel") the same way Superman did. For almost the last decade, all we've heard is how great Nolan's Batman trilogy is and how TDK is the most influential movie since Star Wars, yadda yadda yadda. Meanwhile, Superman was struggling just to get his foot back in the door.

Now we finally have the foundations laid for a new Superman franchise. But instead of further exploring the character on his own terms, WB just couldn't resist shoving Batman into the picture.

From the perspective of those who just want to see a DC Cinematic Universe, I can see how this might look like an interesting way to speed that process along while avoiding blatantly copying Marvel's strategy. But Superman is easily my favourite superhero and at this point, I am way more interested in seeing more solo adventures than seeing him interacting with other DC heroes.

To offer an analogy, at the end of MOS, I was primed for more Superman, because the last scene leaves us with that tantalizing first glimpse of Clark with glasses at the Daily Planet. You want to know more about that aspect of his life and how the filmmakers will explore that. By contrast, at the end of CA: TFA, I was primed for the big crossover event, because that movie had given us basically everything we needed to see with WWII Cap.

If TFA had ended with Steve finally donning his main Captain America suit and getting the round shield, you would want to see him actually have some adventures as the classic Captain America before dumping him right into The Avengers. This proposed Batman vs. Superman movie would therefore be the equivalent of The Avengers if you only saw Steve in the process of becoming Captain America - the first half of the movie, basically - and then they froze him then and there before we got to see him in full-on classic Cap mode.
"I am way more interested in seeing more solo adventures than seeing him interacting with other DC heroes."

I agree with the post overall, but DONE right, having him interact with other heroes shows the scale and influence of the character on the world around him. It also establishes that Superman is who everyone looks up to.

Also, while there are no shortage of "solo" stories in comics, there are a lot of comics in which cameos from other superheroes exist.

HOWEVER, it feels like a desperate WB move, who wants to have a "big event" movie that isn't the Justice League.

But on the bright side, at least it isn't a rushed JL movie.

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:41 PM   #171
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,886
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Van Sixx View Post
There is no way in hell that Doomsday will appear in the next Superman movie. That particular villain has one function and one function only: to kill Superman. I don't see that happening when Supes himself has barely been introduced to the world and a good chunk of the sequel will now be devoted to Batman.
Why not??? The threat is huge. That's why batman's help is needed. Maybe it is not really kill superman but wound him badly. You know people complaint he is too powerful and can't be hurted. (Except the K rock) it will make people care for him more.

Like in the climate, superman fights his life against doomsday to protect the people. And in the end, he has finally earned the trust of the people and be regard as their hero instead to be called as the alien.

__________________
SUPERMAN RETURNS COMIC STRIPS
The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #172
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,352
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

I think it's too soon for doomsday....we need ground earth villains

__________________
I hate the internet
manofsteel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #173
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,844
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Why not??? The threat is huge. That's why batman's help is needed. Maybe it is not really kill superman but wound him badly. You know people complaint he is too powerful and can't be hurted. (Except the K rock) it will make people care for him more.

Like in the climate, superman fights his life against doomsday to protect the people. And in the end, he has finally earned the trust of the people and be regard as their hero instead to be called as the alien.
I think Batman would try to beat Superman up and arrest him, as crazy as that sounds. Through Zod's body, Lex could learn the Kryptonian anatomy, as well as possible weaknesses. Maybe Batman would try to knock him out, with the purpose him in some type of chamber of some kind.

It all has the makings of a great movie, it just needs to have a nice character driven backbone so that it isn't an unrelated film, but a sequel that builds upon the first (and the first needs a LOT of building upon).

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:59 PM   #174
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,886
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manofsteel4life View Post
I think it's too soon for doomsday....we need ground earth villains
If it isn't too soon for batman, I don't think it's too soon for doomsday. And all ground earth villains don't pose a life danger to superman. They could be in the 1st n 2nd act. But not for the final climate. WB gonna do show hand to go against avengers 2 n starwar.

__________________
SUPERMAN RETURNS COMIC STRIPS
The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #175
sf2
Side-Kick
 
sf2's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 4,886
Default Re: Do you think Batman will hamper MOS2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I think Batman would try to beat Superman up and arrest him, as crazy as that sounds. Through Zod's body, Lex could learn the Kryptonian anatomy, as well as possible weaknesses. Maybe Batman would try to knock him out, with the purpose him in some type of chamber of some kind.

It all has the makings of a great movie, it just needs to have a nice character driven backbone so that it isn't an unrelated film, but a sequel that builds upon the first (and the first needs a LOT of building upon).
They might fight at the beginning.
I think the opposite. When superman was badly wounded n nearly die after defeating doomsday, batman is the one who save superman. Using the knowledge learned fr the resarch on zod's body.

__________________
SUPERMAN RETURNS COMIC STRIPS
The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
sf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.