Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #151
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: Age of Ultron or World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
+1. That is literally the entire point of Caps existence
I get that he's designed around the arc-less character type, however if you look at the breadth of the mans books especially recently, this idea that he doesn't develop is...let's just say wrong.
Moreover, between the "kid from brooklyn" to who cap is now in the books. Not the same. I can see how it may appear that way to some from a distance.

The point(in answer to the question) was that he didn't get all that much "development" in his films, especially in the dramatizing department. When you montage the meat of his cap adventures you kinda sell yourself short in that regard.

Like I said, I'm looking very forward to the next avengers film in which we will see maybe a cap that has developed post his second film. Which from the looks of things, might give him lots of things to grow from.

Old 07-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #152
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Age of ultron by a bit. I'm excited to see batman and superman together, but AOU has a fantastic director and a perfect cast already lined up.

3. The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Interstellar

Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 PM   #153
Silver Surfer
Power Cosmic

Yeah a more deserving match up should be DoFP VS WF. AoU is on a next level.

Silver Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:43 PM   #154
Marvin
Side-Kick

More deserving match up would either be WF2 or JLA2.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #155
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Surfer View Post
I don't know about that. I think WF will be a beast.

Old 07-24-2013, 03:52 PM   #156
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Comparing the quality of Man of Steel, Batman Begins, X-Men, X-Men 2 and X-Men First Class to the MCU, I'd say that DoFP and WF are on the level above AoU when it comes to chances of it being good.

Last edited by Snow Queen; 07-24-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Snow Queen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #157
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

More excited for Age of Ultron.

Old 07-24-2013, 04:47 PM   #158
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
The anticipation for WF is much higher than the anticipation for DoFP......

Old 07-24-2013, 04:49 PM   #159
Thoix
Side-Kick

World's Finest. I loved Man of Steel and I think if they hire someone on to help Goyer write the screenplay for WF, than it will be great. However, it does worry me that so far only Snyder and Goyer are writing the story. Last time Snyder wrote a movie was Sucker Punch which I really didn't like.

As for Avengers: Age of Ultron, I'm not all that excited for. The Avengers was disappointing to me and had too much comedy (especially making a serious matter of Loki killing eighty people into a lame joke). On top of that the final battle in the end is just a bore to watch. The Chitauri is one of the worst enemy armies I've seen in a movie. It became more and more annoying when they would only attack when the script demanded it (there were a few scenes when they did nothing as the Avengers just talked to each other and planned out an attack).

Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #160
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

the world's finest

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Lobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 05:28 PM   #161
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I'd say I'm more excited for AoU slightly more than Batman/Superman. However, I'm super excited for both of them it's nearly a tie.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #162
Kevin Roegele
Do you mind if I don't?

My heart says World's Finest, but my brain says Avengers 2.

Simply put, Avengers is a much better movie than Man of Steel.

There is no Marvel/DC rivalry. Most of the great comic creators worked for both; Jack Kirby, Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, Walt Simonsen, Gil Kane, Steve Ditko, John Byrne, Steve Englehart, Mark Waid...even Stan Lee.
Kevin Roegele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:03 PM   #163
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

I'd put Days of Future Past in my same league of anticipation as World's Finest and Avengers 2 because it has assembled such an amazing cast and the early buzz from comic con is good.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 08:25 PM   #164
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

AMC Movie Talk

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #165
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Thanks for sharing the vid, TPC, great stuff. Love the fan boy (and girl) enthusiasm of the presenters! Some nice insight on the World's Finest.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #166
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

No problem. Their enthusiasm always gets me more hyped for these movies.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #167
Marvin
Side-Kick

I remember how badly people were underplaying Avengers success before the fact. Most people were actually basing that on the less than spectacular performance of the MCU films at that point.

I think WF's performance is going to surprise alot of people as well. I however won't be fooled twice, the power of novelty is strong in this one.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:49 AM   #168
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I remember how badly people were underplaying Avengers success before the fact. Most people were actually basing that on the less than spectacular performance of the MCU films at that point.

I think WF's performance is going to surprise alot of people as well. I however won't be fooled twice, the power of novelty is strong in this one.
No it isn't....a lot of people are already saying it is going to outgross TA2. Some are even saying it will be the highest grossing movie ever ($3 billion). People aren't underplaying this movie, like TA was underplayed. A lot of Marvel fans weren't sure it would even make $1 billion, never mind $1.5 billion. Same with IM3. You will see when the BO thread for WF opens.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #169
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
No it isn't....a lot of people are already saying it is going to outgross TA2. Some are even saying it will be the highest grossing movie ever ($3 billion). People aren't underplaying this movie, like TA was underplayed. A lot of Marvel fans weren't sure it would even make $1 billion, never mind $1.5 billion. Same with IM3. You will see when the BO thread for WF opens.
Whatever people are thinking as positive as it may be, I think people might be underplaying it. I'm talking about the chance that it might surpass even those 1.5bill expectations. Who knows. Though I think people have learned from what happened with TA. Still, unlike a bunch of blisters in a team up, this has never happened before.

Old 07-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #170
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

I'm looking forward to Avengers: Age of Ultron the most. As much as I'd like to see World's Finest, I'll believe it when I see it. Warner Bros. entire thing was reading a quote from The Dark Knight Returns, showing a simplistic logo, and saying they were going to do it. That hardly gives one any confidence that it'll appear in 2015, if ever. And after Whedon's Wonder Woman went nowhere, after Goyer's Flash went nowhere, after their TWO SEPARATE ATTEMPTS at making a Justice League movie went nowhere (remember when their big news was Justice League coming out in 2015?), and after the LAST time they tried making a Superman Vs. Batman movie went nowhere... well, you get the point.

Though at least this time they have a successful Man of Steel to build off of, although I don't consider that to have been the strongest foundation to build on (It was definitely better than Superman Returns, that's a fact, but it wasn't nearly as good as it should've been). But still, it's better than the nothing that existed before, and Cavill IS a very good Superman, even if the movie built around him wasn't exactly the best.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 12:22 PM   #171
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
Outgross Avengers 2? Some are saying it'll be the highest grossing film OF ALL TIME!!! Go upthread a bit to a video posted and you'll see a guy on it making a prediction that it'll outgross Avengers, Titanic, and Avatar, and become a $3 billion movie.

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #172
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I really wouldn't be surprised if WF ended up outgrossing both TA2 and Episode 7. Maybe it's just my optimism for the movie, but these are literally the most known heroes on the planet.

I'm so ready!

Old 07-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #173
Marvin
Side-Kick

After IM2's performance and after TDK redefined the numbers game post Spiderman, Avengers was thought my many to not have a strong chance at out grossing TDKR. Go listen to that movie moan podcast if you want an example of this..

I just think it's impossible to say anything with any certainty these days, only thing you can do after the fact is kick yourself for not seeing it starring you in the face the entire time. Avengers was a collection of Blist starts Marvel couldn't sell off, Worlds Finest is something different.

Old 07-25-2013, 06:43 PM   #174
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
Outgross Avengers 2? Some are saying it'll be the highest grossing film OF ALL TIME!!! Go upthread a bit to a video posted and you'll see a guy on it making a prediction that it'll outgross Avengers, Titanic, and Avatar, and become a $3 billion movie.
That's what I said, having watched the video.

Quote:
After IM2's performance and after TDK redefined the numbers game post Spiderman, Avengers was thought my many to not have a strong chance at out grossing TDKR. Go listen to that movie moan podcast if you want an example of this..

I just think it's impossible to say anything with any certainty these days, only thing you can do after the fact is kick yourself for not seeing it starring you in the face the entire time. Avengers was a collection of Blist starts Marvel couldn't sell off, Worlds Finest is something different.
It's not like Marvel's solo movies didn't do well. It's pretty impressive when movies based on B-list characters are commercial successes. One of the characters had the word "America" in his name.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:35 AM   #175
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:

That's your problem right there, listening to movie moan(more like groan). I'd say at best TA was 50/50 on whether it would beat TDKR.