The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: How do you rate the costumes?!
Amazing! Best Costumes yet! 5 7.25%
Really good, it really suits the film, I'm happy! 47 68.12%
They are o.k...Prefer the old ones though! 4 5.80%
Meh?! Where is the yellow spandex? 3 4.35%
Hideous!! 3 4.35%
undecided/don't care/other 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2013, 09:52 AM   #176
Malik
Side-Kick

Default Re: Costume debate!!

I like rogues white costume.

Malik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #177
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
This argument doesn't hold because there is a distinct reason why Batman wears the cowl - to hide his identity. You can't do Batman without the cowl otherwise that defeats the whole purpose of him being Batman.

The same can't be said for Wolverine - there's absolutely no reason for him to wear a mask. Everyone knows who he is, it doesn't add anything to his character or have any useful purpose overall.

Not to mention, it just looks plain silly.
Silly on screen and silly on the page are very very different.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #178
The Guard
Side-Kick

Also, I should point out that Wolverine in the comics is kind of SUPPOSED to look silly. There's a juxtaposition between his size and appearance...and what he can do. That aspect doesn't really exist in the movieverse.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #179
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Of the little I've seen of Rogue's costume, it reminds me of her pink Shi'ar costume that Madureira designed. And I like that!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:45 AM   #180
Loki882
Side-Kick

Does anyone have a good picture of Rogue's costume? I haven't gotten a good look at it yet.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #181
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
Also, I should point out that Wolverine in the comics is kind of SUPPOSED to look silly. There's a juxtaposition between his size and appearance...and what he can do. That aspect doesn't really exist in the movieverse.
The only distinctions between comic Wolverine and movie Wolverine are costumes and height. They've kept everything else pretty close to the source and are now finally repairing the costume part.

I don't understand where this whole thing that this is a different Wolverine thematically came from. Its incorrect. Same Wolverine, just looks different because Singer felt black leather was safer than yellow and blue spandex.

*thematically Rogue is the most different.

Last edited by Naji Assan; 12-19-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:13 PM   #182
Angamb
Banned User

I dont remember reading x-men comics where Wolverine was acting like more like gentleman than a wild man and crying from time to time.

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:04 PM   #183
Naji Assan
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I dont remember reading x-men comics where Wolverine was acting like more like gentleman than a wild man and crying from time to time.
Then you haven't read many X-Men comics. The guy is the definition of honorable in the comics.

Naji Assan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 01:26 PM   #184
Angamb
Banned User

I wasnt talking about honor

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #185
The Guard
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
The only distinctions between comic Wolverine and movie Wolverine are costumes and height. They've kept everything else pretty close to the source and are now finally repairing the costume part.

I don't understand where this whole thing that this is a different Wolverine thematically came from. Its incorrect. Same Wolverine, just looks different because Singer felt black leather was safer than yellow and blue spandex.
No one said that everything about Wolverine is different.

I'm specifically talking about how the whole "Aww, look at the harmless little hairy guy" aspect is not present. We haven't seen that in the film franchise. Logan has been seen as formidable by pretty much everyone he encounters.

The closest we've gotten to anything else was the cage fighter in the beginning of X-MEN.

Also, Bryan Singer isn't the costume designer, and had next to no clout at the time of X-MEN. So all this "Singer felt this, wanted this, etc" is a bit shortsighted.

And if I'm right
Old 12-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #186
JEM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
Honestly, you should read more comics because wolverine act more like gentleman and hero ( wild man is ​​less relevant today than people think).
Many say that Fox has a Wolverine mania but I want to say MARVEL HAS a wolverine mania. I went into a store today and Wolverine is everywhere. He is represented more as a leader than anti-hero.

Last edited by JEM; 12-19-2013 at 04:37 PM.
JEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #187
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naji Assan View Post
Then you haven't read many X-Men comics. The guy is the definition of honorable in the comics.
Almost every character he's ever killed in the comics is weaker than him. How is that honorable? He could easily dispatch goons and redshirts without killing them. I love Wolverine but he's not honorable. In the Frank Miller comic he needed to use his claws to kill Shingen in a sword fight. I think that says it right there.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 10:05 PM   #188
Loki882
Side-Kick

Shingen was one of the world's greatest martial artists, Wolverine having trouble with him is not that surprising. And no, he can't always deal with goons without killing them. He goes up against highly-trained paramilitaries, badass ninja assassins, fanatics, other mutants, and a whole lot more dangerous enemies. Saying that killing them somehow makes him less honorable is just dumb. It's kill or be killed, simple as that. That's like saying that the US Military having aircraft kill enemy fighters makes them less honorable because the enemy doesn't have aircraft to, no it doesn't because it's war.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:07 PM   #189
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
Shingen was one of the world's greatest martial artists, Wolverine having trouble with him is not that surprising. And no, he can't always deal with goons without killing them. He goes up against highly-trained paramilitaries, badass ninja assassins, fanatics, other mutants, and a whole lot more dangerous enemies. Saying that killing them somehow makes him less honorable is just dumb. It's kill or be killed, simple as that. That's like saying that the US Military having aircraft kill enemy fighters makes them less honorable because the enemy doesn't have aircraft to, no it doesn't because it's war.
[IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Storm would disagree with you. Wolverine has an unbreakable skeleton, enhanced senses, strength, and agility. He's essentially immortal and no "goon" could ever succeed in killing him. He's lived a life that is much longer than any normal man. He has seen so much violence in his life you would think someone like that could see that blood shed isn't the answer yet he's always been eager to put his claws to work.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:01 AM   #190
The Guard
Side-Kick

Wolverine has a sense of honor, in certain situations. He's certainly not always honorable.

And if I'm right
Old 12-20-2013, 11:44 AM   #191
Loki882
Side-Kick

Wolverine is the ultimate pragmatist. He recognizes that the world is not a black and white place. Sometimes you have to do "questionable" things for the greater good. Wolverine's sense of honor comes from his loyalty to his friends and loved ones and his compassion for the oppressed. Also, Storm is not really in a position to judge Logan's morality or honor as her past is far from squeaky clean and she's show a willingness to kill people in certain situations as well. The again, she is currently dating Wolverine in the comics, so maybe she has inside information.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:58 AM   #192
Mars123
Side-Kick

I guess rogue only ever had that grey jump suit!!

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:28 AM   #193
Crimz
Side-Kick

I think that the costumes are fine and suit the whole situation in DOFP. In future movies I hope they go for more comic-like costumes, I think Storm's costume would be one of the easiest to translate all it needs is a few tweaks. Wolverines mask, I could take it or leave it.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:01 PM   #194
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars123 View Post
I guess rogue only ever had that grey jump suit!!
Well at least she will not stick out like a sore thumb in posters/screen with that grey ensemble.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote