The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Old 07-21-2013, 09:11 PM   #1
Pyro Man
Side-Kick

Default Do we want a Batman villain in Superman/Batman?

I think its almost guaranteed Lex Luthor will be involved no matter what the plot is but do we want to have a Batman villain with a major role being in league with Luthor or do we want to wait until a solo Batman movie?

Pyro Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:53 PM   #2
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

Default Re: Do we want a Batman villain in Superman/Batman?

Some people think this is just a MoS sequel, but I really think this is Worlds Finest. Therefore, there should be a Batman villain. I wanna say Joker just because he his Batman archnemesis to go along with Supes', plus the animated movie. But I kinda hope it's someone else. I have no idea who.

I like Scarecrow, his fear gas might be able to do something to Superman.
Grundy is strong, and he's supernatural, something that hasn't been done in the last Batman saga.
Poison Ivy or Mr. Freeze for similar reasons.
Or someone like Black Mask, maybe doing underworld stuff for Luthor while he focuses on white collar stuff.

Like I said, I have no idea. Hope someone's there though.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:58 PM   #3
ares834
Side-Kick

I hope not or we may get a villain overload. Bats vs Supes will undoubtedly play a large role in the film. As for the actual villains, Luthor is all but guaranteed but then we also need someone for Supes to be able to beat on and none of Batman's rouges are really up for the challenge IMO.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #4
DareDemon
Hi! I like shorts!

So Superman needs Batman's help to defeat Lex? Two villains is villain overload?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:03 PM   #5
Pyro Man
Side-Kick

A big problem for me is finding a good villain with a reason to travel outside of Gotham and one that hasn't been used too recently.

What about Riddler? It'll have been 20 years since Batman Forever, he's not as complicated to introduce and there wouldn't be an worry about drawing negative comparisons to previous Jokers or a feeling of "here we go again" from people. Also he's an intellectual like Lex so it would be interesting to see them work together.

I want to see Black Mask in a Batman movie soon but I'd rather see Lex teamed up with a bigger Batman villain.

Scarecrow would be fine but I think they'll probably consciously avoid using villains from the Nolan trilogy.

I love Ivy and Freeze but they send out bad vibes for your casual audience member that just associates them with Batman and Robin. Plus I think Freeze can hold his own movie and deserves his own movie.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #6
EssayM
Just A Guy

Do we even know if Batman will actually have a major role in this? I mean, for all we know, maybe Bruce Wayne just has a cameo and that poster is just a shameless marketing gimmick?

EssayM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:08 PM   #7
Pyro Man
Side-Kick

That's ridiculous. We know he'll be Batman and they've stated this is a Batman and Superman team up film. While the focus might lean a little more Superman's way I think that Batman will be very vital to it.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:11 PM   #8
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

No Bat villains. World's Finest 1 should be Batman in Superman's world, while a sequel should be Superman in Batman's world (once we get a solo film with new Batman).

Old 07-21-2013, 10:16 PM   #9
Pyro Man
Side-Kick

I can dig that but I want to see the Batcave and Gotham briefly. As much as I'd like to see a big Batman villain in it the film already has a difficult balancing act, I can dream though and if they're careful enough they could pull it off. I'm hoping we can at least get a quick scene where Batman takes down one of his C-List rogues in a cameo to establish this Batman's skill set and set up a contrast between Superman and Batman's villains.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 PM   #10
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DareDemon View Post
So Superman needs Batman's help to defeat Lex? Two villains is villain overload?
No, reread what I said. "Luthor is all but guaranteed but then we also need someone for Supes to be able to beat on and none of Batman's rouges are really up for the challenge IMO."

Three villains is where things begin to get funky especially since Superman and Batman will likely serve as antagonists to each other for much of the film.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #11
conan69
Cimmerian

They can go the route where Luthor has a relationship with one of Batmans villians.

Someone like Cobblepot comes to mind. Penguin and Luthor appearing to be respectable business men.

Luthor the multimillionaire untouchable guy and Cobblepot the mob/Gothams underworld guy who does the dirty work.

Last edited by conan69; 07-21-2013 at 10:46 PM.
conan69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #12
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

If they're going to include a Batman villain in the movie, it really ought to be a character who can serve as a catalyst for Batman and Superman being at odds for a while before they're forced to come together as a team, and the villains who immediately come to mind as fitting the bill are Riddler, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter, and The Joker, with Joker being my personal pick, as it strikes me as being both fitting and logical for Bruce and Clark to have to put aside their differences and work together against their respective most iconic adversaries.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry

Last edited by DigificWriter; 07-22-2013 at 12:46 AM.
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:41 AM   #13
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Clayface gets my vote

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:45 AM   #14
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I hope Batman IS a "villain" for Superman, at first (more like an antagonist, actually). Suspicious of him (just like the entire world), investigating him, etc.

I really don't think we'll be getting Batman rogues in the upcoming film.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

I'd rather not see Lex, I'd prefer it if he was saved for a solo Superman film. If Superman and Batman do face off in the film, then Poison Ivy could be used to pit them against one another.

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #16
ЯɘvlveR
Morocco Bob-omb

no. not as a villain. as an antagonist.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #17
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
I'd rather not see Lex, I'd prefer it if he was saved for a solo Superman film.
I don't think they're going to do another 'solo' Superman film until after Justice League, so why would they hold off on Lex until then?

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:28 AM   #18
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
I'd rather not see Lex, I'd prefer it if he was saved for a solo Superman film. If Superman and Batman do face off in the film, then Poison Ivy could be used to pit them against one another.
He's definitely going to be in this.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 AM   #19
Airwings
Waves of air

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Man View Post
A big problem for me is finding a good villain with a reason to travel outside of Gotham and one that hasn't been used too recently.

What about Riddler? It'll have been 20 years since Batman Forever, he's not as complicated to introduce and there wouldn't be an worry about drawing negative comparisons to previous Jokers or a feeling of "here we go again" from people. Also he's an intellectual like Lex so it would be interesting to see them work together.
Joker this soon after TDK will surely feels like "here we go again".
Quote:
Originally Posted by conan69 View Post
They can go the route where Luthor has a relationship with one of Batmans villians.

Someone like Cobblepot comes to mind. Penguin and Luthor appearing to be respectable business men.

Luthor the multimillionaire untouchable guy and Cobblepot the mob/Gothams underworld guy who does the dirty work.
Penguin could be a sort of Al Capone, perhaps?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
If they're going to include a Batman villain in the movie, it really ought to be a character who can serve as a catalyst for Batman and Superman being at odds for a while before they're forced to come together as a team, and the villains who immediately come to mind as fitting the bill are Riddler, Scarecrow, Mad Hatter
Some insights in the possibilities for a "non-Joker" villain from Batman's world. Interesting arguments are brought up.
Maybe I should go one step further and suggest Clock King. Maybe I should!

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #20
Gamingboy
Side-Kick

If there is a Batman villain, I'd like it to be one of the more fantastic ones, not just, for example, the Joker. I'd like to see something we wouldn't have been able to see in the Nolan films but which would fit in the more fantastic MoS world.

I sort of hint at Clayface over at the "Write-A-Scene" thread, because he's the type of villain that would be awesome to see on the big screen while also possibly serving a good story function, as I figure his shapeshifting powers would provide a good excuse for a misunderstanding that brings Clark and Bruce to blows (assuming Clark doesn't have time to X-Ray vision Clayface in time to realize he's a dupe).

Old 08-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #21
Zorex
No T, No Shade

My preference? No Batman villains. All-Superman, Batman as a supporting character. At most, use a minor Bat-villain in a cameo that doesn't call too much attention to itself.

My prediction? Luthor will be the main villain, while Batman will serve as main antagonist to Superman for some of the picture before they team up against Luthor and whatever he has to throw at them (genetic mutation monster, robot, himself in an armored suit built from the remnants of Zod's).

Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #22
SilentWarriorZ
Side-Kick

I do think there will be a point where Batman wont team up with Superman but then end up Teaming up at last and we might get some Fight between the two superheros but no way batman will be a villain of this movie .

SilentWarriorZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #23
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Honestly I feel like the villains will be Luthor and Metallo, no Bat villains.

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #24
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I wouldn't mind not having Bat-villains, either. It feels appropriate to go with just Superman's rogues.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #25
Conundrum
Side-Kick

I'm fine with just a Superman villain(s), ideally Lex and Bizarro.
If I could have a Batman villain though - Clayface.

Conundrum is offline   Reply With Quote