The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-02-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
Loki882
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do we want a Batman villain in Superman/Batman?

I'd like to see Lex as the behind the scenes puppetmaster villain. However, he creates either Metallo or Parasite to take out Superman and hires Deathstroke or Deadshot to go after Batman.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #27
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Beware the 3 villains

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:45 AM   #28
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Just one - Deathstroke or Hush.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:46 AM   #29
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I would prefer not. As the one comic strip on the internet illustrates, Superman can solve a problem by one of Batman/the League's supervillains in less than 30 seconds. It would have to be someone from his rogues' gallery, to pose a physical and intellectual threat. Having said that, I do not want it to be Lex: unless they have a character breakthrough at the hands of a team like Orci/Kurtzman/Lindelof, I am really not excited by the character. I have found him to be one of the most boring comic characters conceived. I only like him as the leader of the Injustice gang.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:45 AM   #30
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Lex is supermans greatest enemy.....if written well he can be exciting

Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Yes, we should.

Ideally I'm leaning towards having Riddler and Metallo as villains.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #32
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

At this point i don't think we can avoid Lex as one of the villains or THE villain of the film. He needs a muscle cause i don't see WB being willing to use the exo-suit. Metallo fits perfectly with all the kryptonian ship and armor parts on earth.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #33
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

The way I see it we don't actually need another villain if we have Luthor... But if we need a Batman villain I would pick someone overpowered like Grandy or Killer-crock, to help build a dynamic between Batman and Superman. Batman can help Supes deal with Luthor's intellect and Supe's can help Bat's with the his own villain...

Old 08-04-2013, 11:24 AM   #34
Frodo
Side-Kick

Actually, the best villain would probably be Ra's Al Ghul and the LOS or even Talia Al Ghul. However, we just got through a franchise with the LOS so I suspect they wouldn't use them again.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #35
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Just do Joker/Lex and also Bane/Metallo.

Early in the film, Lex pays Bane to fight Superman. Superman defeats him. It also gives a reason why Batman is in Metropolis because he wants to know what Bane was doing.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #36
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Ew. No.

I want THE DARK KNIGHT, with

-SUPERMAN as BATMAN
-LEX LUTHOR as HARVEY DENT
-BATMAN as JOKER
-METALLO as ALL GANGSTERS COMBINED INTO ONE
-LOIS LANE as GORDON, ALFRED, and RACHEL combined into one.

R.I.P. Heath
Excel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:39 AM   #37
CinematicESP
Side-Kick

I think it'll be Lex and another, more powerful Superman villain (Brainiac or Metallo?). Lex is a good foil to Bruce Wayne, and I imagine a climax where Bats fights Lex in the exosuit while Supes fights the other villain.

But I could definitely see a Batman villain making a cameo at the beginning, sort of a "cold opening" type thing. I'd prefer a character we've never seen on film before, but more of a minor villain that doesn't require much backstory. Killer Croc? Deadshot? Maybe even the famous encounter with the Red Hood, setting up a Joker appearance in a later solo movie.

CinematicESP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #38
NosfeRomas
Side-Kick

Bane could work but its very very soon to use him especially after Tom Hardy's awesome performance. He will be just the muscle with a couple of good lines while Bane needs a full story by himself to develop his character.

Joker and Quinn are the most likely villains to team up with Luthor. The premise would be similar to the World's Finest cartoon.

Some of them fell into Hell
NosfeRomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:53 AM   #39
Airwings
Waves of air

Yes, we need a Bat villain. It will tense the plot even more.
It must be done to let people know this really IS a world where both heroes exist.

Airwings is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:29 PM   #40
Loki882
Side-Kick

My choices for Bat-villains would be one of these. Deathstroke, Deadshot, Hush, The Riddler, or Lady Shiva. I'd REALLY love to see Lex hire either Deathstroke of Shiva to go after Batman while he concentrates of Superman.

Old 08-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #41
Masone
Side-Kick

I like the Riddler and Lex as the main villains. The Riddler teams up with Lex(unbeknownst to anybody) who promises him a grand showing of his game. An alien with super powers has just revealed himself to the world, I bet the Riddler would just love to put both he and Batman through a game. Have him be like Gerard Butler's character from Law Abiding Citizen.

It would go something like this: The Riddler shows up in Metropolis and starts putting people in traps. They die. And Lex tasks Superman with finding The Riddler. He ends up finding him and having him thrown in jail. The Riddler tells him that it's not over and that he's kidnapped a bunch of school girls and they will blow up if he doesn't solve the riddle. Superman doesn't want to play and tries to use his powers to find the missing girls, but to no avail. He then decides to try and solve the riddle.

The riddle stomps Superman, who then seeks outside help and some background info on The Riddler. He travels to Gotham where he meets Batman. I guess this is where they can have their little fight, but to me them fighting doesn't really fit in this scenario.

He ask Batman for help with the riddle and they both work together to solve it. [It's not as simple as this, but I wanted to shorten things out.] It turns out that this is exactly what the Riddler wanted, and they are only playing into his game. He wanted to be caught, he wanted Superman to find Batman and for them to work together.

As this is going on, there is a presidential election going on between the incumbent and Lex Luthor. In a debate, the incumbent expresses that he's against Superman and vigilantes, Lex expresses that he supports them, and will do everything in his power to help Superman and Batman save the girls.

Batman and Superman save the girls and beat the Riddler. Months pass by, Batman is back in Gotham doing his thing, Lex wins the election on the back of Superman(he supported Superman and Batman throughout the whole thing and made it known to the public). Then Batman discovers that there was a connection between Lex and the Riddler. He travels back to Metropolis to tell Superman, and Superman confronts President Luthor about it all. He initially denies it, but Superman presents him with the evidence, and like a switch was flipped, the good guy we seen throughout the movie all of a sudden turns psychopath. Flashbacks show that he hired the Riddler, and then reveals that he did it all to win the election and then he expresses his utter disgust about everything that is Superman.

It's revealed that Lex created an army of droids out of Zod's armor, and in the scenario that Superman turns against them, the program would be activated. Lex activates the program and the final battle between Superman and the droids begins. Superman wins, but Lex is still the president. Batman leaks all the documents about Lex and the Riddler online for the world to know. Nothing can be done about it because the evidence isn't enough proof to impeach, but it's enough to make people wary of Lex, and also draw them closer to Superman.

At the end of the movie, Batman and Superman meet up in a very Batman Begins ending type of way, they talk. Batman ask Superman, "what about Lex"? Superman responds "I'll deal with it". Superman hears a crime going down in the world somewhere and turns his head, he's about to leave when he turns back to say something else to Batman, but Batman is gone. Superman smiles, and the movie ends with him flying off.

For the tl;dr crowd.

Riddler comes to metropolis and sets up a game for Superman. He kidnaps a group of girls.
Superman teams up with Batman to solve the riddles
Lex is running for president and publicly supports Superman and Batman, the incumbent does not
Superman and Batman solve the riddles and save the girls, Lex wins the election due in large part to his support of Superman/Batman
It's eventually revealed that Lex hired the Riddler, his endgame being the presidency
Superman confronts Lex, truth revealed, Superman battles an army of droids created using metal from Zod's armor and attacks based on the world engine
Lex remains president because not enough evidence

Last edited by Masone; 08-17-2013 at 03:38 PM.
Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:01 PM   #42
Rorschach2012
$

I'm thinking Metallo and Lex, featuring Lex in a powersuit at the end of the movie.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #43
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I'd like to see a universal villain really, someone who's gone after both Superman & Batman.

I want Lex to be in the movie, don't get me wrong, but I don't want him to be a bad guy....yet that needs to be set up and planned really well so he can make an impact like The Joker in The Dark Knight

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:01 PM   #44
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

I forgot to say who the baddie could be lol.

Prometheus
Deathstroke (who yes is a universal baddie and not restricted to just one person or team)
Conduit (more of a villain to Clark Kent, not Superman, that would be an awesome twist)
Eclipso
Vandal Savage
OMAC....now this is a real possibility at some point if they go the Infinte Crisis route and Batman creates Brother Eye

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:02 PM   #45
Cain
"West West Y'all"

No Gotham villains. Save that for the Batman solo spinoff.

Old 08-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #46
Silver Lantern
Side-Kick

The film will start out in Gotham, under the rule of the black mask who has taken over the city and with his men, he is auctioning off a large piece of Kryptonite taken from Wayne Enterprises months before. Black Mask has found a way to take over Wayne Tech and buy it out from him illegally and force Wayne who works for Black Mask even though he doesnt want to. One of his hitmen is Matt Hagen who is the muscle who has destroyed the police department and forced the police away except for Gordon who is investigating Sionis's wrongdoings in now called Sionis Tech. Wayne works with Gordon in secret where they talk without them knowing. During a robbery, Matt is changed into the creature Clayface who then kidnaps Bruce when he doesnt do what he is told and holds him captured in hiding. Clark Kent gets word and heads to Gotham to search for him where a confrontation between Superman and Clayface happens. Bruce is then transported to a location in Metropolis where Lex is waiting and its up to Superman to find him and when he does and saves him, Batman and Superman team up to stop them and rescue the citizens of not only Gotham but Metropolis and take back what they have but its hard to when Superman must also face Metallo created from the purchased Kryptonite by Lex at auction. Have a cameo by Robin if able, batcave, batmobile, and more.

I know it should have a lot of action and maybe change something but let me know about this idea if good or sucks. For me, a simple idea i just threw here.

Last edited by Silver Lantern; 08-17-2013 at 03:17 PM. Reason: change
Silver Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #47
Tobias
Side-Kick

If this film morphs into a true WF with Batman and Superman co-staring and not having much link to MOS then you almost need to have a Bat villain.

That could be cool but it will mean Clark and Lois and hopes for any significant s/l for them in WF will probably have to give way to pull in a Bats villain and other supporting Bats characters like Alffred and Gordon. Especially if half the film ends up taking place in Gotham City.

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:16 PM   #48
NewYorkSpider
We're Doomed

I like the idea of having Lex/Joker/Quinn in this movie.

NewYorkSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:39 PM   #49
HolyPurpleSocks
Tusi Live

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Beware the 3 villains
If I remember correctly- there were 3 villains in all 3 Nolan Bat films...granted, one was always a mob boss, but they had:

Ras, Scarecrow, Falcone

Joker, Two-Face, Maroni

Talia, Bane, Daggett..

Yep, I'd say Nolan broke the 3-villain curse (that afflicted many other films).

Innercity Bonfire, IMO.

"She wants to kill you, Dick..."
--George Clooney (to Chris O'Donnell)
'Batman & Robin', 1997
HolyPurpleSocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #50
Loki882
Side-Kick

Actually, there were more than three villains in the Nolan movies. BB had Ra's, Scarecrow, Falcone, and Zasz.

TDK had Joker, Two Face, Maroni, The Chechen, Gambol, Lau, etc.

TDKR had Bane, Talia, Catwoman (for the first half), Daggett.