The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-18-2013, 04:28 AM   #51
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: Do we want a Batman villain in Superman/Batman?

If introducing kryptonite, they could have Riddler just because he's also green, lol
Maybe kryptonite is one of the materials in his costume?

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:49 AM   #52
Tobias
Side-Kick

Absolutely.

Bruce and Lex are business associates but Lex does not trust Bruce and has contacts with a Bat villain in Gotham. It'd be great having Lex go to Gotham and meet with the Bat villain who he is having keep an eye on Bruce's activities and also Batmn's

Tobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:56 AM   #53
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

Logically speaking, I don't think there'd be a place for a major Batman villain in the plot of the film, so most likely we'd only get a cameo for a minor Batman villain if anything. But the fanboy in me would squee about a Superman/Batman VS Lex Luthor/Joker showdown. It would probably translate to the highest grossing superhero film ever.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 11:55 AM   #54
PTD1969

Sure. But the villain should be minor.

PTD1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:00 PM   #55
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Matt Damon as Mr. Freeze who uses kryptonite instead of diamonds in his ice ray gun.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:01 PM   #56
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I would say "not major" but not necessarily minor. Someone like Penguin or Riddler could work. But no Joker.

Ideally I'd like to see him track down and thrash Solomon Grundy or Killer Croc in the opening sequence. To show of his battle skills against a physical opponent.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:08 PM   #57
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Hopefully there will be a batman villain to introduce batman by him having to take down the villain In gotham before going to metropolas

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #58
BenKenobi
Banned User

This is a Superman sequel, theres no established Batman continuity and as such a world finest team up won't work just yet. More likely than not Batman's gonna come to metropolis to warn Superman he's watching him and he's prepared to take him down. It's likely Lex Luthor will try to frame superman or destroy his public image, ultimately causing the conflict with Batman. I don't think we'll get a deep look into the new Batman lore until Ben Afleck gets his own solo film.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:22 PM   #59
movienut95
Newbie First Class

This should be a Bruce/Clark/Lex story IMO.

movienut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #60
Keyser Soze
AW YEEEAH!

I think it would be best that we don't see any of Gotham or Batman's supporting cast. Have Batman be the interloper into Superman's mythos in this film. Save building up Batman's world for his next solo film.

And check out my new comic, AND THEN EMILY WAS GONE!

And listen to my slick Scottish voice on The Off-Panel Podcast!
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #61
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

I would love to see either Clayface or Killer Croc as Lex's muscle. I don't want dual primary antagonists though. Lex should be the primary antagonist and have a b-list Batman villain be the secondary antagonist.

Malcolm Reynold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
Glassjaw
In training

I think dual antagonists will be needed, with one being the initial threat our heroes come up against, before its revealed a second, much bigger threat is the villain pulling the strings.

Last edited by Glassjaw; 08-24-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:47 PM   #63
ImTheFlash
Side-Kick

I think it should just be the conflict between Superman/Batman and then Lex luthor (with the help of Metallo) If there is a Batman villain i dont think it should be Joker. I know i'll probably get hated on for this but I think it might be too soon for the Joker even though i love the Joker! If there is a Batman villain i think it should either be Black Mask or Mr. Freeze, but i think the spotlight should be on Luthor/Supes/Bats.

ImTheFlash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #64
Glassjaw
In training

I don't think people will hate on you for that. It could be too soon for the Joker. It wouldn't be an issue if the last Joker was forgettable, but it was the role of a lifetime, so no doubt everyone involved is really trepid about bringing him back.

Maybe he can be teased, like Batman has had dealings with him before, but that will have to be put on hold whilst Batman deals with this new threat with Superman. We wouldn't have to see this new Joker (this film will have enough recastings for any audience to handle) but they can get used to the idea of this new Joker being somewhere out there.

Glassjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #65
GreenKToo
In the fire

Yes. I think you need to show Batman in his own surroundings doing his own thing before meeting supes.
I'd want the joker, and i'd want crispin glover playing him. ( dude is really out there and would make a brilliant mr J )
He wouldnt even have to be in it for long, or a main villain in this film.
Have a little side story at the beginning showing Bats in gotham doing his own thing with his regular arch villain, the Joker. You could show that this Batman is indeed different, ie, worlds greatest Detective, martial arts master, etc. The Joker gets away, ( we see more of him in later films.) Then move onto the real story, bats and supes.

Last edited by GreenKToo; 08-24-2013 at 07:07 PM.
GreenKToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:50 PM   #66
Malcolm Reynold
Straight Edge Browncoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I don't think people will hate on you for that. It could be too soon for the Joker. It wouldn't be an issue if the last Joker was forgettable, but it was the role of a lifetime, so no doubt everyone involved is really trepid about bringing him back.

Maybe he can be teased, like Batman has had dealings with him before, but that will have to be put on hold whilst Batman deals with this new threat with Superman. We wouldn't have to see this new Joker (this film will have enough recastings for any audience to handle) but they can get used to the idea of this new Joker being somewhere out there.
It would be cool to see him mentioned in like a newspaper clipping or something. Honestly even if we got a new solo Batman trilogy I don't want to see Joker again, I want villains Nolan didn't use.

Malcolm Reynold is offline   Reply With Quote