The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Who should win the fight?
Superman 10 33.33%
Batman 2 6.67%
Stalemate (they both quit) 18 60.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-23-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default How should the fight end?

We know that Superman and Batman will clash. I just want this poll to be a message to WB about what the fans TRULY want

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:38 PM   #2
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: How should the fight end?

you want me to put the batarang down!? then the batarang bounces off of clark.

ЯɘvlveR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Tra-El
Side-Kick

There isn't going to be a winner. I don't think a "winner" is the kind of direction WB had in mind to go in. I think there will be confrontations and maybe a few actions and punch's thrown by both parties (seriously, I hope Batman busts his hands up, haha) but who's to say this Batman won't be portrayed just as Superman was in MOS and will be young, brash and not battle-tested, which would give Supes the upper-hand in how to go about holding back if Bruce wants to take action?

Ultimately, it will end in alliance. Maybe not best pals, but an alliance nonetheless.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:45 PM   #4
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Superman beats Batman handily (as should be), but Batman does some insanely cool stuff. And the entire fight is spectacular.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #5
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I really see Bruce as the anti-hero at first only because of the non-trusting issue the world will view Supes as. (This is all my assumption, obviously) but the aftermath will be there and the manipulating evil of Lex Luthor will get inside Bruce's head even FURTHER to combat and really turn most people (other than Lois/the Daily Planet crew) against Superman in an almost unfair way.

Maybe Lois will have a huge part as she did in MOS and will be the sole provider into tracking Bruce down and exposing Lex for who he is as Supes goes into damage control. I can see Bruce lost in translation and I can see Supes having pinned Bats down to the ground and Bruce instigating "COME ON!!! KILL ME! DO IT! SHOW THE WORLD WHO YOU TRULY ARE! YOU ALIEN SCUM! PROVE WHO YOU REALLY ARE YOU COWARD! KILL ME!"

And that could be a moment where Supes redeems himself and steps back and gives an AWESOME one liner to be the bigger man and step off.

Okay, now my minds wandering, bahahaha.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:55 PM   #6
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Both united and team-up that's my guess....

John-An is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
I really see Bruce as the anti-hero at first only because of the non-trusting issue the world will view Supes as. (This is all my assumption, obviously) but the aftermath will be there and the manipulating evil of Lex Luthor will get inside Bruce's head even FURTHER to combat and really turn most people (other than Lois/the Daily Planet crew) against Superman in an almost unfair way.

Maybe Lois will have a huge part as she did in MOS and will be the sole provider into tracking Bruce down and exposing Lex for who he is as Supes goes into damage control. I can see Bruce lost in translation and I can see Supes having pinned Bats down to the ground and Bruce instigating "COME ON!!! KILL ME! DO IT! SHOW THE WORLD WHO YOU TRULY ARE! YOU ALIEN SCUM! PROVE WHO YOU REALLY ARE YOU COWARD! KILL ME!"

And that could be a moment where Supes redeems himself and steps back and gives an AWESOME one liner to be the bigger man and step off.

Okay, now my minds wandering, bahahaha.
I like most of these ideas. I think Batman being the "paranoia with legs" route works best. But I can't see Batman being so wordy. If anything, he tends to become less wordy the angrier he is.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

It should be interrupted after some awesome action sequences. I want it to end in such a manner that begs the question "if the fight had continued who would have won?" So that fans can speculate and debate on it.

Juha Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:02 PM   #9
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juha Bach View Post
It should be interrupted after some awesome action sequences. I want it to end in such a manner that begs the question "if the fight had continued who would have won?" So that fans can speculate and debate on it.
Yeah. However I'd want to imply that because Superman is throwing VERY light punches and is mostly blocking, that he could throw Batman across the sky if he wanted to.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #10
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Neck snap.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #11
Juha Bach
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah. However I'd want to imply that because Superman is throwing VERY light punches and is mostly blocking, that he could throw Batman across the sky if he wanted to.
Haha True. Supes has to hold back. A punch like this would send batman(corpse) flying all the way back to gotham:

Juha Bach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #12
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

I'd love it if Batman was whaling on Superman while Superman was basically given very slight short jabs.

Supes should do the equivelent of THIS:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Minus the stick, of course

Old 07-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #13
tomoe
Side-Kick

It should start like Westley fighting Fezzik in Princess Bride (look, are you just fiddling around with me or what). But instead of ending with Batman choking Superman, cuz he can't, it should end with Superman KO'ing Batman accidentally while swatting away a fly. Ok... no not really, but that would be hilarious.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #14
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

FlawlessVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #15
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I'm kidding like this

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like most of these ideas. I think Batman being the "paranoia with legs" route works best. But I can't see Batman being so wordy. If anything, he tends to become less wordy the angrier he is.
Yeah, but we would need something to really be intense dialogue for Bats to get inside the mind of Supes as Superman would have him pinned (or whatever defense mechanism.)

Maybe Bruce would be whispering for him to do it, but being VERY hurtful in his own dark way. This would tap into the conciseness of Superman and Supes would reminiscent and re-live the neck snap from Zod, coming back to reality, not say a word and back off of Batman and give him this cold, but emotional stare as he slowly walks off, turning his back and never looking back.

So many great things to imagine

Old 07-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #17
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
It should start like Westley fighting Fezzik in Princess Bride (look, are you just fiddling around with me or what). But instead of ending with Batman choking Superman, cuz he can't, it should end with Superman KO'ing Batman accidentally while swatting away a fly. Ok... no not really, but that would be hilarious.
I like that analogy, but Superman should gently flip Batman over, and leave Batman helpless. He can't run, he'd be too fast, even weakened. He can't LIFT Superman, too heavy. He can keep punching him, but if Superman keeps blocking with his elbows it will only hurt Batman more.

Batman technically loses, but he isn't knocked out, nor does he quit at the first chance or has his face bashed in. And yes, I'd want Batman to aim at the face, with Superman gently going after the shoulder or "catching" the fists in midair.

Old 07-23-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like that analogy, but Superman should gently flip Batman over, and leave Batman helpless. He can't run, he'd be too fast, even weakened. He can't LIFT Superman, too heavy. He can keep punching him, but if Superman keeps blocking with his elbows it will only hurt Batman more.

Batman technically loses, but he isn't knocked out, nor does he quit at the first chance or has his face bashed in. And yes, I'd want Batman to aim at the face, with Superman gently going after the shoulder or "catching" the fists in midair.
Why would Superman even need to block. Hitting him should be like hitting a steel wall, and should break bones in Batman's hands while Superman barely feels anything.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:07 PM   #19
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #20
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomoe View Post
Why would Superman even need to block. Hitting him should be like hitting a steel wall, and should break bones in Batman's hands while Superman barely feels anything.
I REALLY hope we get that. I really hope to see Batman breaking every bone in his hands/arms by striking Superman. I think Superman should be in defense/blocking-mode the entire time and only be hurt emotionally (until the use of Kryptonite of course if that's going to be a device mechanism...which I'm sure it will..)

Old 07-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #21
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Superman View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Oh GAWD..the horror..........THE HORROR!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:10 PM   #22
blumatic
Side-Kick

The fight should not be the last fight. There should be a team up. But there should be a Superman vs. Boss Villain fight.

Superman tells Batman to fallback and says that it's his fight.

Batman and Superman fight end by Superman stopping the fight and saving people in danger. Batman sees a man who cares and questions his initial perception of Superman.

blumatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #23
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I REALLY hope we get that. I really hope to see Batman breaking every bone in his hands/arms by striking Superman. I think Superman should be in defense/blocking-mode the entire time and only be hurt emotionally (until the use of Kryptonite of course if that's going to be a device mechanism...which I'm sure it will..)
That's the reality of any form of melee between them. But I doubt WB will make their franchise player look like a chump. After all Batman is being soft rebooted in this movie, and he needs to look cool and be memorable.

The onus is on Snyder and co to make both come out as winners despite the implausibility of their clash.

Last edited by PacificBoy; 07-23-2013 at 03:15 PM.
PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:14 PM   #24
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

Quote:
Oh GAWD..the horror..........THE HORROR!
I know. . . .

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."

Last edited by Bad Superman; 07-24-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Bad Superman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM   #25
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Superman should win, it's his movie but Batman (using Kryptonite) should get in some proper hits first. Make the audience buy that Batman deserves to be in the Justice League alongside all powerful super beings.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote