The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #701
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Like thinks people have a hidden agenda. Get your mind out of the gutter, Question

Though Superman/Batman has probably had some AMAZING slashfiction videos

Old 07-24-2013, 12:10 AM   #702
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion (Spoilers) - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
Is that a sexual innuendo?
All manners of.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:13 AM   #703
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It does make you wonder if WB feels that a Superman sequel won't do that great on its own due to the reception of MOS. Or if they feel a new Batman can't start well enough its own.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-24-2013, 12:14 AM   #704
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Here's what I expect from Batman/Superman.

I expect it to be a good film. Perhaps as good as MOS. I expect it to be alot 'cooler'. Do I expect it to be a great film though? No, I don't. A true artistic, story-driven, thoughtful generational film? Nope. I thought we might get that with MOS, and with certain parts we did, but the whole didn't come together.

I actually think backslash of not being as good as Christian Bale's Batman won't be a problem at all, as I just know for sure that Snyder can do a Batman that is alot 'cooler' and more faithful to the source material that I think kids these days will actually just prefer. Not that I'm saying that it will be better than Nolan's, I'm sure the more mature smarter cookies will definitely respect Bale's more, but I honestly think that most of the GA and definitely all of the video game youth will just love Snyder's new Batman a whole lot more.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:16 AM   #705
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

"I'm sure the more mature smarter cookies will definitely respect Bale's more"

Nothing pretentious about that post. No sir

Old 07-24-2013, 12:19 AM   #706
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
"I'm sure the more mature smarter cookies will definitely respect Bale's more"

Nothing pretentious about that post. No sir

Old 07-24-2013, 12:21 AM   #707
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Here's what I expect from Batman/Superman.

I expect it to be a good film. Perhaps as good as MOS. I expect it to be alot 'cooler'. Do I expect it to be a great film though? No, I don't. A true artistic, story-driven, thoughtful generational film? Nope. I thought we might get that with MOS, and with certain parts we did, but the whole didn't come together.

I actually think backslash of not being as good as Christian Bale's Batman won't be a problem at all, as I just know for sure that Snyder can do a Batman that is alot 'cooler' and more faithful to the source material that I think kids these days will actually just prefer. Not that I'm saying that it will be better than Nolan's, I'm sure the more mature smarter cookies will definitely respect Bale's more, but I honestly think that most of the GA and definitely all of the video game youth will just love Snyder's new Batman a whole lot more.
It will most definitely be cooler because it needs to be sold big time to the GA. Three franchises are hinging on the success of this movie.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:22 AM   #708
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
I am not convinced this is the Man of Steel sequel per say. But in essence The Avengers to Man of Steel's Iron Man.
They might as well should have gone with doing a full on JL film instead.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #709
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Question View Post
The tide turned because:

1) Logically they're now working together with a coherent strategy instead of everybody just kind of doing their own thing, as well as all of them being there instead of just some of them being there.

2) Thematically, it represented the whole point of people being stronger when they work together.
Like I said it wasn't clear.
Hulk showed up, things changed.
At the same time now hawkeye is on the roof with a plan in place.

Quote:
I'll address it anyway because it will only take a second:

1) Logically, Thor is the only person on board who could fight The Hulk, and somebody had to.

2) Thematically, showing the team at odds with each other and how that hinders what they want to do drives home the point about team work and community.
Doubt that but,
1) Ironman is on board, could have been him, then again he already got his fight and not all team members have clashed yet, they need to spread the conflicts around.

2) He just ended his conflict with Scarlet, point served. Curious how many avengers the producers get him to fight and how long he as to fight with them, before it's not serving the simply story any more.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:25 AM   #710
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Batman/Superman are the main attraction of a JL film so its almost the same effect. Plus its obviously easier for WB to put together such a film than cast Flash, Wonder Woman etc.

Spill

Old 07-24-2013, 12:26 AM   #711
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Batman/Superman are the main attraction of a JL film so its almost the same effect. Plus its obviously easier for WB to put together such a film than cast Flash, Wonder Woman etc.
Perhaps; but it feels like a waste in a way. With every hero present, bigger threat than Lex can be used to rally everyone together and Lex could be saved for Superman alone without Batman needing to help him.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:34 AM   #712
Smallville13
Side-Kick

So,

Batman/Superman 2015 (Zack Snyder)
Flash 2016 (The Wachowski's)
Justice League 2017 (Zack Snyder)
Batman spin-off 2018 (David Fincher)
Wonder Woman spin-off Xmas 2018 (del Toro?)
Superman 3 2019 (Zack Snyder)

???

Old 07-24-2013, 12:36 AM   #713
Loki882
Side-Kick

JL will feature Darkseid. That would be a sufficent threat to bring the team together.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #714
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
JL will feature Darkseid. That would be a sufficent threat to bring the team together.
I feel like Darkseid should be saved for later though since he's pretty much the biggest villain that they could potentially face as a group and he comes with so much baggage.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:38 AM   #715
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Also by 2020, Lawrence Fishbourne will be almost 60, and Amy Adams will be almost 50, so I expect them to move on.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:41 AM   #716
Loki882
Side-Kick

Fishburne being sixty wouldn't matter (Sam Jackson is around that age). Amy might be more of an issue though. Lex can be a good villain for both heroes if he is a master manipulator/puppetmaster (SB: PE already proved that). Then, we can have Darkseid in the eventual JL film.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #717
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I feel like Darkseid should be saved for later though since he's pretty much the biggest villain that they could potentially face as a group and he comes with so much baggage.
This. If JL had to happen, I'd love an adaptation of the Justice League animated series' first 2 episodes.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:42 AM   #718
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Also by 2020, Lawrence Fishbourne will be almost 60, and Amy Adams will be almost 50, so I expect them to move on.
If I had things my way, I'd have Amy and Henry appear for three Superman films, and for Henry to appear in three Justice League films, with Amy appearing in at least one of them in a supporting role and possibly a cameo in the third film.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:44 AM   #719
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Well, maybe the DCU could mature with the actors. Henry and Amy can portray older versions of their characters and we can have stories like Kingdom Come on the silver screen.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #720
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
If I had things my way, I'd have Amy and Henry appear for three Superman films, and for Henry to appear in three Justice League films, with Amy appearing in at least one of them in a supporting role and possibly a cameo in the third film.
I agree with you there's no problem with Amy nor Perry in the films and there's no chance they will appear in all the JL movies...

Old 07-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #721
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Well, maybe the DCU could mature with the actors. Henry and Amy can portray older versions of their characters and we can have stories like Kingdom Come on the silver screen.
If I see a live action Kingdom Come on-screen...my god, I'll die happy.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:47 AM   #722
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
If I see a live action Kingdom Come on-screen...my god, I'll die happy.
Yeah, one of my fave stories.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:48 AM   #723
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

I wonder if Darkseid appears after Thanos makes his grand entrance in the Avengers -- will the general audience go "meh"?

Old 07-24-2013, 12:52 AM   #724
Loki882
Side-Kick

The villain in Avengers 2 is Ultron, not Thanos (the movie is called Age of Ultron).

Old 07-24-2013, 12:55 AM   #725
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

If I had my druthers I would not have Darkseid until a JLA sequel at best. Just me.

And while I did not read thr FORBES peice I don't think MOS can in any way be considered a failure $ wise. Especially since 1. It has a few more markets to open in as yet. 2. Blu Ray/VOD/Syndication and merchindising and tie ins are also a part of the picture.

Closed Thread