The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Could a new Batman possibly beat "The Man of Steel" in a fight?
Yes, Batman has the resources to beat Superman. 52 35.37%
No, Batman wouldn't stand a chance agaisnt the current Man of Steel. 95 64.63%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #301
Masone
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs. Superman... can this be a fair physical fight?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Jack View Post
Which I found to be inappropriate for the character. Especially considering the ensuing fight destroys a lot of stuff in Smallville.
You can't just have a character act one way with no reasoning behind it whatsoever, this isn't the comics. It's like him killing Zod, that will be the event that causes him to take up his "no killing code", it obviously had a great emotional impact on him. You need to explain why he has that mentality, and I think developing it off that event is a great way to do it.

By the same token, Superman will eventually develop to where he doesn't have emotional breaks like the one he had against Zod in defending his mother, but in character development, you need to start at the beginning and work your way to that point. This was his first time putting on the cape, he'll get there.

Masone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #302
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

I don't know about you guys but if some guy tried choking my mother to death, I would be pretty pissed off.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #303
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Any fight between these two need to end with Clark "having enough" and showing the puny human who is boss.

Exactly my thoughts. Batman, somehow, gains an edge over Superman. Superman is slightly bleeding and on his knees when he gets pissed shouts "ENOUGH!!!" and sends Batman flying. Would make each character look great as Batman makes a god bleed but it still shows that Superman is just on another level.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:41 AM   #304
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
By the same token, Superman will eventually develop to where he doesn't have emotional breaks like the one he had against Zod in defending his mother
I don't think Superman will ever be that stoic and emotionless.

Some people around these parts seem to think that Superman being a boy scout means he never gets angry. Not that simple.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:52 AM   #305
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I don't think Superman will ever be that stoic and emotionless.

Some people around these parts seem to think that Superman being a boy scout means he never gets angry. Not that simple.
Heck no!

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 AM   #306
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
Why? Generally curious, as we already saw the effect that even the fumes have on Superman when he attempts to destroy the World Engine. Obviously that alone wouldn't be enough but it would begin to make the playing field more even.
Not the atmosphere part, maybe in a room but a bomb that disperses it? It'd just be gas, plus if gas isn't been pumped and pumped it disperses quickly.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #307
BlackFox
Almost ninja

This is the biggest question I have of the movie so far if they are to fight each other. Putting aside who your favourite character is how they going to to make it a fair fight, Superman is a god from another planet and Batman is a human.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:47 AM   #308
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Nah, Batman wouldn't ever win, he could certainly put up a good fight though given the right circumstances. I imagine this film will have an obligatory "Batman with armour and Kryptonite vs Superman" and an eventual Justice League will have the obligatory "Superman vs Wonder Woman".
Agreed

The best way the fight has been done for me was in Lex Luthor Man of Steel, Superman just gets annoyed by the end and flat out punches Batman in the face (probably not at full power) and when we see Bruce he's in the cave with a badly bruised face.

Old 08-04-2013, 03:49 AM   #309
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackFox View Post
This is the biggest question I have of the movie so far if they are to fight each other. Putting aside who your favourite character is how they going to to make it a fair fight, Superman is a god from another planet and Batman is a human.
Yep and look what Superman did with people who were pretty much on his power level in MOS. They made done great points on the BOF podcast, you can suddenly have Batman armoured up going toe to toe with this Superman and then have Batman get his ass kicked in future by the Riddler or someone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I don't know about you guys but if some guy tried choking my mother to death, I would be pretty pissed off.
Exactly

People forget that Superman may be an alien with Super powers but at the heart of it he's human, he has human feelings, human emotions etc so I think it's safe to assume if pushed he can get pissed off, just like at human would.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:07 AM   #310
ares834
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Not the atmosphere part, maybe in a room but a bomb that disperses it? It'd just be gas, plus if gas isn't been pumped and pumped it disperses quickly.
Well yeah. The gas the bombs released would have have the same composition as the Kryptonian atmosphere. And while, it does disperse quickly, if the gas is constantly being dispersed by the pellets...

Anyway, I've never a fan of the room. First, it just requires too much time to make and secondly Batman needs to lure Superman in there without making it obviously a trap. But usually it just makes Superman look dumb as he could just do something like this:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:15 AM   #311
BlackFox
Almost ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
I did like that part in MoS

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:39 AM   #312
DieSmiling
WINNING

The "who would win" arguments are so dumb. They're fictional characters. Obviously it can be scripted in a way that either character wins.

Of course, my money is on the prep-time Batgod.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #313
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

It doesn't need to be fair and of course it's not. That's the beauty of it. Batman has no chance to deal with Superman in a fistfight and he knows it; and Superman would never have a fistfight with a guy like Batman cause of his moral code. Batman will try to contain him strategically .

Old 08-04-2013, 12:42 PM   #314
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klidokrator View Post
It doesn't need to be fair and of course it's not. That's the beauty of it. Batman has no chance to deal with Superman in a fistfight and he knows it; and Superman would never have a fistfight with a guy like Batman cause of his moral code. Batman will try to contain him strategically .
Which will need to be handled correctly cause Superman could come off looking like a dumbass.

Tbh whatever happens I can see Superman been the loser here and I'm not talking about the fight. He's probably giving up top billing for Batman. If he gets pounded by Bats all the hard work to make him badass and cool (which isn't as over rated as people think) will hit the **** pan. Superman's development as a character may come crashing down so they can service Batman etc.

I gotta say guys I have nothing but worry right now for this project

Old 08-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #315
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Man of Steel is NOT overrated, though. If anything, it's underrated.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:47 PM   #316
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Man of Steel is NOT overrated, though. If anything, it's underrated.
I never said it was, I just meant turning Superman cool and badass, people say you don't need too, but in this day and age I think you do. If Batman kicks Superman's ass then all the good work might be undone.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:05 PM   #317
jcady19

the fight it self should not be the most important part of this film. instead is should be both the lead up and the fall out from it. This should prove way Luthor (if he is the villain in the film)is a major threat,showing that he could manipulate these two in to a fight or outright controlling one of them. that said when the fight does happen it Superman has to manhandle Batman or else it could make the Zod/Superman fight from mos pointless.

jcady19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #318
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ UM!! Censor it before the mods get here!

Old 08-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #319
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

For storytelling purposes, Batman is the underdog, and people instinctively root for the underdog... so it plays to audience expectations to give Batman the victory.

Honestly I'd prefer them not to fight at all though.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:37 PM   #320
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
For storytelling purposes, Batman is the underdog, and people instinctively root for the underdog... so it plays to audience expectations to give Batman the victory.

But why should he get the victory in Superman's film? Especially if he's gonna be an antagonist as some suspect. I think it's be a really bad idea for him to get the upper hand overall on Superman. I don't know if Superman could recover from it on film.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #321
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:

Or for the fight to be over once Superman decides he's been punched enough.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #322
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It's not just Superman's film. It's a Superman/Batman film, of which Batman comprises 1/2 of the titular characters.

Batman might hold his own physically in the film, but Superman will win any ideological battle. It's inevitable.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:50 PM   #323
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
But why should he get the victory in Superman's film? Especially if he's gonna be an antagonist as some suspect. I think it's be a really bad idea for him to get the upper hand overall on Superman. I don't know if Superman could recover from it on film.
Sadly it's because one is human and one is an alien with god like powers.

Like the other poster said, people love underdog stories and this is most likely how WB will play it out as.

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #324
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Plus, people preconceive Batman as "the underdog" with Supes as "the over-powered boyscout" despite the fact that the latter has temporarily "died" in comics.

Old 08-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #325
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightSix View Post
Sadly it's because one is human and one is an alien with god like powers.

Like the other poster said, people love underdog stories and this is most likely how WB will play it out as.
But he won't be portrayed as an underdog if he's an antagonist. For me Batman winning right now would be heavily predictable and could seriously damage Superman's character on film. I don't think it's a good idea for Batman to win at all.