The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the beginnings of the Batman reboot?
Yes 17 56.67%
No 9 30.00%
Unsure 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-22-2013, 10:11 AM   #1
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Default Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the direction/style of the Batman reboot?

These two are probably going to determine who plays Batman and Batman's costume, personality, introduction, style, story arc, etc.

Are you fine with this?

Why or why not?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the direction/style of the Batman reboot?

Given what Supes looked and sounded like in MOS, I'm all for it.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the direction/style of the Batman reboot?

Off course not.

Goyer writes crap after crap.

Snyder wrote...Sucker Punch.

I still trust Zack Snyder from a visual stand point. Yeah he made a turd , but i can't see him make the same mistake twice.

Tequilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #4
shauner111
Side-Kick

Snyder is only helping with the story, that's fine. Sucker Punch started from a clean slate, it's different. This sequel to MOS pretty much writes itself when you think of what to do with Superman/Lex/Bats.

Goyer's doing the screenplay. He could use Jonah Nolan's help with that but I was fine with MOS (besides 1 or 2 lines). As long as he either stays away from the solo Bat films or is just a storyline consultant.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Snyder wrote Sucker Punch
Which isn't actually a bad film. Critical reception means very little.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
DigificWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:35 AM   #6
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

I'd rather see some fresh blood

Old 07-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #7
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
Which isn't actually a bad film. Critical reception means very little.
I have no idea what sort of critical reception it got.

But i know my reaction after watching it. Not good.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:01 PM   #8
EssayM
Just A Guy

Sucker Punch has the worst RT score of all Snyder's films and bombed at the box office. I don't see how you could argue that to be a good film.

IMO, Snyder's best films are ones where he has something like good writers or strong source material to keep him on track. Sucker Punch failed because it was Snyder unfiltered.

EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:05 PM   #9
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have no idea what sort of critical reception it got.

But i know my reaction after watching it. Not good.
Fair enough.

As for the question at hand, though, it seems kindo of moot to me because by the time they do a solo Batman film _ IF they do a solo Batman film, the style of said film will have already been established for it by Goyer and Snyder thanks to the other films that occupy the same universe (since I really can't see them doing a Batman solo film that's not part of the live-action DCU.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 07-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #10
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
These two are probably going to determine who plays Batman and Batman's costume, personality, introduction, style, story arc, etc.Are you fine with this?

Why or why not?
I'm fine with it. They could hardly do any worse than any others have so far, and might actually do a more traditional version of the Bat, which I am all for.

*splat*
Bathead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:12 PM   #11
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeGenerate10 View Post
I'd rather see some fresh blood
This.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #12
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
Sucker Punch has the worst RT score of all Snyder's films and bombed at the box office. I don't see how you could argue that to be a good film.
Like I said, critical reception and box office performance mean very little when it comes to a film's quality.

I started watching Sucker Punch last night and, although I haven't finished it yet, was thoroughly entertained by what I saw. The film is basically a noir comic book come to life and, confusing though it might be, the blatantly Alice in Wonderland-esque tone of the narrative fits perfectly with Snyder's directorial style and reminds me in part of the Matrix trilogy, Children of Men, and 300.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 12:21 PM   #13
EssayM
Just A Guy

Oh really? Name one really good movie that got terrible reviews AND bombed at the box office. Keep in mind, this means that neither critics nor the GA liked the movie. It's fine if you enjoyed it, but you can't say with that reception that it was a successful film.

EssayM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #14
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Definitely. Zack always gets the characters right. Say what you want about Supes in MOS, but he's the most comic accurate Superman we've ever had. I have a strong feeling Zack's Batman will be the best Batman we've ever had, as well.

Back when it was announced, I was bummed to hear Snyder would be directing the next Superman because ever since 300 I wanted him for Batman, but now it looks like that dream is coming true.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:51 PM   #15
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
Oh really? Name one really good movie that got terrible reviews AND bombed at the box office. Keep in mind, this means that neither critics nor the GA liked the movie. It's fine if you enjoyed it, but you can't say with that reception that it was a successful film.
First what do you mean critical reception ? There's a lot of critics out there. Yes...in the rest of the world too. 200 people in a stupid aggregate site is completely meaningless.

Second , http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/to_the_wonder/

He's absolutely right. A score that collects random bloggers , and boxoffice means absolutely nothing.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:04 PM   #16
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
First what do you mean critical reception ? There's a lot of critics out there. Yes...in the rest of the world too. 200 people in a stupid aggregate site is completely meaningless.

Second , http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/to_the_wonder/

He's absolutely right. A score that collects random bloggers , and boxoffice means absolutely nothing.
Well it means nothing then you should be able to list alot of great wide releses that were both rotten and box office bombs.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:05 PM   #17
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteF50 View Post
Say what you want about Supes in MOS, but he's the most comic accurate Superman we've ever had.
Not that I personally care all that much about "comic accuracy" as long as it's good, but I'd say George Reeves was very accurate golden age Superman, as Reeve was silver age Superman. At least not any less than Cavill was pretty accurate for a more modern Superman.

747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:09 PM   #18
EliteF50
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Not that I personally care all that much about "comic accuracy" as long as it's good, but I'd say George Reeves was very accurate golden age Superman, as Reeve was silver age Superman. At least not any less than Cavill was pretty accurate for a more modern Superman.
Agreed, but MOS was the first time I actually felt like we were seeing Superman leap off the pages and onto the screen. Zack's eye for spectacle and action plays a big role in that, too. Everything from the costume design, the fight choreography, the music, the tone, etc. was perfect, imo. I strongly believe he'll do the same for Batman.

"The first rule of 'Tusi is to not talk about 'Tusi."
Listen to my updated Bane voice impression!
EliteF50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:12 PM   #19
Aztec
Side-Kick

I certainly see your concern with these two, but at the very least they were both schooled by the Nolan boys. So why not?

Superman Batman Wonder Woman
Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #20
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

EssayM, you said Sucker Punch bombed at the box office, but according to the figures I've been able to find, it actually didn't, at least not financially. The film apparently cost around $82 million to make, and ultimately ended up bringing in a worldwide total gross of around $90 million ($89,792,502) by the time all was said and done.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #21
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigificWriter View Post
EssayM, you said Sucker Punch bombed at the box office, but according to the figures I've been able to find, it actually didn't, at least not financially. The film apparently cost around $82 million to make, and ultimately ended up bringing in a worldwide total gross of around $90 million ($89,792,502) by the time all was said and done.
A movie should make worldwide at least 1.5 times the budget to not be considered a bomb.

The studio keeps only half the revenue from box office grosses.

Sucker Punch had a budget of 82 m. It should've made at least 120 m WW to not be considered a bomb.

Old 07-22-2013, 02:05 PM   #22
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

^ Okay. I wasn't aware of that.

Still, Sucker Punch isn't a bad film; audiences and critics just didn't connect with it.

Quote:
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I just hope Jonathan Nolan joins. I want to see him polish the script.

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:24 PM   #24
itsthebatman
Side-Kick

Fresh blood. We've seen Goyer's take on Batman. For that matter I want a new composer, no disrespect to Hans.

Batman-News.com
itsthebatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:57 PM   #25
Mandon Knight
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsthebatman View Post
Fresh blood. We've seen Goyer's take on Batman. For that matter I want a new composer, no disrespect to Hans.
Christopher Drake is the man for the job of new singular Batman films on score duties.

Mandon Knight is offline   Reply With Quote