The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the beginnings of the Batman reboot?
Yes 17 56.67%
No 9 30.00%
Unsure 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 PM   #26
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the direction/style of the Batman reboot?

Snyder/Goyer/Affleck/Terrio will be the creators of the reboot Batman and I'm totally fine with that

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:37 PM   #27
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Default Re: Do you want Snyder/Goyer to decide the direction/style of the Batman reboot?

I want Snyder and Goyer to do all of it, if only to watch the wank unfold. It'd be glorious.

But seriously, they seem to have a pretty good handle on things.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:54 PM   #28
zryson
Side-Kick

Since Batman is being rebooted in Batman v Superman its not true that Goyer will be writing the script - since Terrio took over the writing reins. If people mean a solo Batman film - well that's many years down the line and a lot can change in Hollywood in that time.

zryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:19 PM   #29
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Since Batman is being rebooted in Batman v Superman its not true that Goyer will be writing the script - since Terrio took over the writing reins. If people mean a solo Batman film - well that's many years down the line and a lot can change in Hollywood in that time.
We have no proof what so ever that Terrio is doing a page 1 rewrite, and as Goyer is still listed as a producer it's far more likely that Terrio is doing a pass at punching up the script, not that he is line for line, scene for scene replacing any of Goyer's work. It's more likely that Goyer's plot, characters and various arcs are mostly intact. But, please... Don't let real world logic get in the way of your fanboy pontificating.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 PM   #30
Masone
Side-Kick

Do I want the guy that co-wrote the entire Dark Knight trilogy to be behind a new Batman movie?

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:07 PM   #31
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

He also wrote and directed Blade Trinity.

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:16 PM   #32
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

And people with talent never do bad stuff? Goyer's involvement with TDKR was not what it was in the previous two films and for many, TDKR was a mess. A mess easily laid at the feet of the supposedly infallible Nolan Bros.

Yet guess what? Even though I think that TDKR is a steaming pile of crap... I am still interested in any and all future projects from Chris Nolan. And I'd be interested in his future projects if he had 3 more films that I thought were steaming piles.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #33
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

The more creative control Goyer has, the less acclaim a movie gets.

He had way more creative control on Blade Trinity and Man of Steel than he had in TDKT.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:23 PM   #34
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
He also wrote and directed Blade Trinity.
He also wrote Batman, the character we're actually talking about.

Shall we not get Peter Jackson for the Hobbit movies because he directed The Lovely Bones?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:30 PM   #35
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masone View Post
He also wrote Batman, the character we're actually talking about.

Shall we not get Peter Jackson for the Hobbit movies because he directed The Lovely Bones?
So Nolan is going so co-write the story and screenplay?

Because that's the only way Goyer's work ever becomes acclaimed.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:45 PM   #36
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

If Affleck is not going to have direct involvement, they need to find a different director and actor. Quite simply, Goyer and Snyder do not have to create/write/direct everything in the DC filmverse; franchises flourish because of different takes on the material. We already had Goyer's take on Batman, so it would be nice to pass the reigns over to someone else, and a director who has a different aesthetic.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:46 PM   #37
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:

Goyer wrote the Dark Knight series, so I'm very confident in his ability to do what he's already done extremely well before.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:47 PM   #38
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

No offense... I could give two craps about acclaim when it comes to these sort of things.

I think S:TM was acclaimed when it was out, yes? Today every other fanboy on this site likes to knock it as "goofy camp". Give it time and Nolan's Bat films may go down the same road, so in the end... What good does acclaim get you?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:48 PM   #39
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:

You used the work acclaimed. Not legitimized

I guess you care how critics view things

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:18 AM   #40
zryson
Side-Kick

I'm not a huge fan of Goyer as I find his writing to be on the weak side. Sure, he fares better when teamed with others, but solo? Well, its not so great. And Snyder? Well, that's a huge question mark since a lot will depend on the success of the next movie.

Old 05-27-2014, 12:45 AM   #41
D.P.
Banned User

Who bumped this garbage?

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #42
TheOneWhoKnocks
Side-Kick

At this point Goyer is probably not even third in the "who's influencing the direction of Batman now list." Terrio, Snyder and Affleck will all have more of a voice.

TheOneWhoKnocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:57 AM   #43
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
The more creative control Goyer has, the less acclaim a movie gets.

He had way more creative control on Blade Trinity and Man of Steel than he had in TDKT.
Who the **** cares about acclaim? The bigger concern should be on the film's qualities not on what people think of the film. Otherwise, by that logic, it means that Stanley Kubrick was a crappy director if we're going by critical acclaim during the first few weeks of his films.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:20 AM   #44
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
At this point Goyer is probably not even third in the "who's influencing the direction of Batman now list." Terrio, Snyder and Affleck will all have more of a voice.
Goyer is actually deep in the mix. He's going to be a hands on producer with BvS in his same capacity as MOS, which was more than what he was on TDKT even. So it seems he's WB's go to guy for this material. At least that's what we should think since we have little evidence for anything else. Terrio has been brought in not for a total re-write. We know this. We also know that at least Christopher Nolan and the WB brass were happy with whatever work Goyer did since he was working with them through the whole of TDKT. Given that IS the history, what do you think are the chances they'll tell him to take a long walk off a short pier? Or is it more likely that he's now positioned as THE GUY WB/DCE goes to in some capacity for these types of films?

Old 05-27-2014, 01:31 AM   #45
zryson
Side-Kick

A lot can happen in Hollywood since studios are performance orientated. Moving forward, who knows at this stage whether Goyer will be assigned to the projects. That hasn't yet been determined.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 AM   #46
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

If the past is pro-logue then... Hmm... let's see... Since 2005 he's been involved with 5 DC film projects, going on ten years. If in 10 years WB hasn't felt the need to get him off such projects... You see where I am going here? I may not be anymore in the know than you, but tell me the rationale I've put forward was just pulled from my anal cavity. Cause I put to you that it's reasoned out and not some emotional response.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:46 AM   #47
zryson
Side-Kick

Do I want Goyer involved in the future films/when it comes to Batman? Well as long as he can write with somebody else, sure. As for Snyder, well I think Warner Bros needs to cast a bigger net when it comes to talent instead of just relying on the same old people so when it comes to Snyder? Nope. That doesnt interest me.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:50 AM   #48
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

How can he be the "Same old people" when to date he's only worked on two films with DC COMICS characters proper? (No, I don't count Watchmen in the least as DCU stuff.)

Just come out and say you dislike Snyder already. Your coyness is not appealing in the least.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:54 AM   #49
zryson
Side-Kick

Snyder can make some good films (as we have seen) but he can also make some awful films. But there are many directors that work in the entertainment industry and to just rely on the same people? Yeah, not a fan of that. I think it just limits the potential.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:10 AM   #50
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Who the **** cares about acclaim? The bigger concern should be on the film's qualities not on what people think of the film. Otherwise, by that logic, it means that Stanley Kubrick was a crappy director if we're going by critical acclaim during the first few weeks of his films.
Well generally speaking critically acclaimed movies are viewed more favorably by the fans and the general public.

Look at TDK, SM2, Avengers, Cap 2, and DOFP.

Critics loved them and so does the fanbase.

Critical acclaim just increases the chances a movie will be enjoyed by most. It matters. Especially with SH movies.