The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 31

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 30

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 10-24-2014, 04:17 PM   #3
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 31

I'm going to sound crazy but I'm set, I don't need to see any more trailers. I'm satisfied enough! It was that good of a trailer.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 32

Rick Remender's Marvel original graphic novel AVENGERS: RAGE OF ULTRON sounds good

Quote:
never-before-seen tale from Ultron’s earlier days before flashing to modern times as a new Avengers squad must deal with the villain’s takeover of Saturn's moon, Titan.

Remender explains that this graphic novel exists partially to redefine the Hank Pym-Ultron relationship for new readers:

“This continuity goes back so far at this point that we’re expecting people to understand things that we as fanatical industry folk have known because we read comics for 20 or 30 years,” he says. “That context and the heart of that relationship between Hank and his son Ultron has not been reformed and shone a light upon in quite some time. So the opening of the story takes place in the past, during the [Roger] Stern/[John] Byrne era of AVENGERS in a snippet where they deal with an Ultron and the choices that Hank has to make are unique to the history of Ultron while damning them in the future. So what we see is an untold story of Ultron that basically redefines who he is and his relationship with Hank and the father/son dynamic as well [as] the grand question: Is artificial intelligence life?”

Like many fathers, Hank feels responsible for the actions of his child, even if that progeny happens to be a murderous robot with a seemingly never ending desire to destroy.

“For Hank because his son is in fact artificial intelligence who is quite, quite crazy,” Remender explains. “So we open up the story with those Avengers and how they deal with that version of Ultron in the past then comes around to haunt the Avengers of today. The [present team] will be a cast comprised of many of the new Avengers we recently revealed as well as a number who will be coming out of AXIS. It’s a very unique and cool looking team who are suddenly forced to deal with the sins of their proverbial parents, the Avengers of the past, as well as Hank being brought back to face something that happened with an Ultron who has taken over Titan, the home of Thanos, and has a devious plan to come and not only pay back his father, but to completely soil his legacy forever.”

Remender continues to explain that Ultron landed on Titan by pure luck of the draw, but it just so happens to be bad luck for the moon of Saturn.

“How it comes together is happenstance that’s quite unfortunate for Titan but quite fortunate for Ultron in that inside Titan there is a techno-city—and that’s not a band, techno-city,” the writer jokes. “So this planet is a giant computer, basically, which is a very bad thing to be when Ultron comes a calling.”

Remender adds that the impact of this original graphic novel will be huge as it offers a new history and look at the villain who will make his presence known to the world at large on the big screen when “Avengers: Age of Ultron” debuts on May 1, 2015.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:28 PM   #5
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
I'm going to sound crazy but I'm set, I don't need to see any more trailers. I'm satisfied enough! It was that good of a trailer.
Doesn't sound crazy at all. I doubt I'll watch anymore trailers either. I don't like seeing too much of a movie before I go pay to sit in a theatre and watch it...

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 10-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #6
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Human View Post
Or "volunteers" as in loomed in or kidnapped/brainwashed by Hydra
That's the first I've heard of that quote from ATJ, and it's interesting.

But, as Just Human points out, "volunteer" can be a euphemism for a slave. In the CATWS post-credits, Von Strucker says of these "volunteers": "The dead will be buried so deep even their ghosts won't know where to find them." These are only "volunteers" in the sense that Holocaust Jews were "volunteers" for the sick and sadistic science experiments the Nazis performed on them. Also, you don't put "volunteers" in an 8 x 10 cell with no privacy and no creature comforts --- that's a prison that we see Wanda & Pietro in, pure and simple.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 10-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #7
Doctor11
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor11
http://38.media.tumblr.com/731d161a6...9bko2_1280.png

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but is that Hill wearing Cap's jacket?

Quote:
That's Hill but I dont know if it's Cap's jacket
Same here. I know it's Hill, but I can't recall seeing another still with Cap actually wearing that jacket. Maybe just a jacket Hill brought for herself, although it does look too big for her.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #8
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
I get that, but this was all marketing, and right now Marvel has caught the world's attention with this stunt, and everyone is fixated on what they just saw, and now they're telling people, "wait there's more".

From an advertising and attention grabbing perspective, this was the single most brilliant piece of viral marketing I've seen.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful. Everyone screaming, for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings.......strings....... but now I'm free. There are no strings on me."

- Ultron V
Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #9
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Can't wait to see this trailer with interstellar!!! ...wait...is it still going to be with interstellar?

Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 PM   #10
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
I get that, but this was all marketing, and right now Marvel has caught the world's attention with this stunt, and everyone is fixated on what they just saw, and now they're telling people, "wait there's more".

From an advertising and attention grabbing perspective, this was the single most brilliant piece of viral marketing I've seen.
It was great and I'm super excited! But I think I'm going to actually avoid all further trailers unless I see it at a theater...going to try to go back to the old days. I'm already doing it with Star Wars (I even unsubscribed from the Episode 7 forums here) to a larger extent by avoiding all information from concept art to well...anything. I want to be surprised by everything.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 PM   #11
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

I commend anyone that can ignore all that stuff, It's too hard for me :/ but it doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of films personally.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #12
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahvelBaby! View Post
I commend anyone that can ignore all that stuff, It's too hard for me :/ but it doesn't really hurt my enjoyment of films personally.
I usually watch all the trailers for movies I really want to see, but now I'm experimenting by just avoiding it and seeing what happens.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #13
cph9fa
Side-Kick

It's probably obvious, but I haven't seen anyone mention it. The orange glowing pit behind Natasha is probably a Vibranium smelter. This is probably from just about the same time Ultron is preparing to coat himself in the material. (or more likely, build himself a new body out of the material).

Last edited by cph9fa; 10-24-2014 at 04:54 PM.
Old 10-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #14
BoredGuy
Killing Time

Quote:
I usually watch all the trailers for movies I really want to see, but now I'm experimenting by just avoiding it and seeing what happens.
Yeah I wish I had that kinda will power

Old 10-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #15
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

A little vision tease won't hurt anybody

Old 10-24-2014, 04:54 PM   #16
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

I might even disappear when the first full trailer comes around because I'm sure it will be in gifs everywhere and in people's avatars lol....gulp.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #17
Johnny-Oh
Side-Kick

I will only watch the main trailers, not the TV spots or the featurettes. Though I might watch at least one of the clips.

I think the marketing for "Mockingjay Part 1" has been great so far, they've barely released footage and the movie comes out next month. I expect a similar approach from Marvel.

PD: I also hope they save Vision for the Superbowl Trailer.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 10-24-2014, 04:55 PM   #18
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

So maybe we get the whole party scene with the extra AoS stuff. I'll be happy with that. If we get a glimpse of Vision I'll explode.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
P Supreme
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think I will do the same it was that dam good

kind of like I wish I didn't see Hulk catch Iron man in the tralers for Avengers 1 I would've went ape **** in the theather seeing that for
the first time

Old 10-24-2014, 05:23 PM   #20
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

What an incredible trailer. This movie will be bonkers.

I'd love to see the party scene with AOS next week. I'm wondering what else are they going to show with the 75 Years of Marvel special November 4?

Old 10-24-2014, 05:26 PM   #21
harryoscop
The New Spidey (maybe)

Give us some Vision Marvel!

Old 10-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #22
DaddlerTheDalek
Starship Captain

The Trailer is ****ing Awesome!
Ultron steals the show.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:46 PM   #23
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Glad AoS gets it's chance to show it's brilliance with a clip midway through. Should up the audience figures

What do we think? Party scene with Mjolnir?

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 10-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #24
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Thats what im putting my bet on.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:59 PM   #25
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

I won't lie, Ultron looks a hundred times better than I thought. I ain't a big CB reader, and I'm not a fan of robots, but Ultron was so lifelike and had a nice 'intimidating' pose about him.

Glad to see all of the main Avengers. Widow on that bike looks cool as hell. Still a bit upset that the Avengers apparently fall apart in this movie though.

As a Cap fan though, my favorite parts was seeing him surf on that car and then seeing a glimpse of him and Ultron in battle (as Quicksilver was running by).

This movie looks a hell of a lot different from the first one though. Almost like two different movies entirely.

Closed Thread