The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 07-22-2013, 04:34 PM   #1
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Modok/aim

How would you guys feel about them being the villains of this film? I think they'd fit in with the outlines of the "To Steal An Ant-Man" storyline. Would also be a good time to finally explore AIM more, since we really only got a peek in IM3. As for MODOK, maybe they can take the IM3 video game origin and make him the mind of Aldrich Killian that AIM uploaded to a robotic body before his real body was destroyed? I honestly never even got the feeling that IM3 was the last we'd seen of Killian.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
H.U.S.T.L.E.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Modok/aim

I really like the idea of using AIM as the primary antagonists in the initial Ant-Man film. Especially since all indications point towards "To Steal An Ant-Man," you could keep all the core elements of the story and add Advanced Idea Mechanics to the fray. With AIM holding the one person capable of saving the life of Lang's daughter, he steals the Ant-Man suit from Pym and proceeds to wreak havoc on the organization's plans.

At the outset of an Ant-Man film series, I don't think there's an absolute need for one antagonist in particular, but adding MODOK in a sequel would be an excellent idea. It's a shame that the Cosmic Cube was taken back to Asgard at the end of The Avengers, since that would be a great way to explain some of the mutations that could occur at the hands of AIM. The next best explanation is that AIM gets their hands on some of the cube-derived technology developed by SHIELD & nearly reverse-engineers the source (but the side effects are far less predictable, which could lead to the creation of MODOK).

One other thing that might be interesting, but some people will probably hate it - out of all the discussion coming from the reveal of A:AOU, you have leeway with Pym's character because his most iconic storylines have been transposed elsewhere. What if he had a hand in the creation of AIM in the Marvel movie universe? With a doctorate in biochemistry, Hank Pym would have fit right in with some of the things that early AIM projects in IM3 were trying to accomplish. But after he saw what Killian was really about, he abandoned the organization once the morals began to shift. This way, he can still harbor some of the feelings that make the character of Pym who he is: the guilt of being a founding member of an organization that morphed into a greedy, power-hungry collective that dangerously pursues human evolution & also the belief that he was helping humanity but in the end created a monster that comes back to haunt him.

While it's not the same as unleashing Ultron on the world, it's a way to write in some of the character traits that make Hank Pym the tragic figure he often portrays. Plus, it ties into the existing canon of the established films, which can strengthen Ant-Man's place in the Marvel movie universe.

H.U.S.T.L.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 08:54 PM   #3
Ant-manic
Banned User

i want John Noble as George Tarleton/M.O.D.O.K.

http://scifipulse.net/wp-content/upl.../05/walter.jpg

p.s. if you read To Steal an Ant-Man from Marvel Premiere 48, they show that the main villain Darren Agonistes Cross has his own private (and clearly rogue) science team; working on his heart condition. the lead scientist actually looks a little like Aldrich Killian. given that what they did to him (turned him into something of a super-soldier), it'd be easy to say that they were the parts of A.I.M that survived Iron Man 3.

Last edited by Ant-manic; 07-22-2013 at 08:58 PM.
Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #4
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I like the idea of AIM as villains as long as they evolve into something closer to the comics since Killian's demise in IM3.

MODOK or Super-Adaptoid taking over as head of A.I.M

Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM   #5
Mr. Dent
Banned User

A terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of all government through technology doesn't make sense in the real world. I think the way they portrayed AIM in IM3 works, just go deeper into it in Ant-Man.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:32 PM   #6
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
A terrorist organization dedicated to the destruction of all government through technology doesn't make sense in the real world. I think the way they portrayed AIM in IM3 works, just go deeper into it in Ant-Man.
there are several factions of A.I.M. Rappaccini (who tried to recruit Pym in the books) was more interested in thinning the herd; wiping out the people she considered to be defective.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote