The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #751
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

I have no idea why the release date.

As for the money. I don't know either. Half of Japan probably already saw MOS on bootleg.

Old 08-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #752
kalelvis
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Activities on the sequel? I hate it. It is suppose to be MOS sequel. But the spotlight is all on batman now. So pissed off.
50M for Bale to return... WTH!!!
Will it still be a superman movie???!!!
Or superman is the supporting role now!!!???
Madness!!!!!!
I haven't heard (and can't really find anything about 50 million for Bale to return.) Warner's will want to try to cut costs and I can't imagine them wanting to spend a forth of the budget for one actor.

Most of the talk about Batman is coming from fan speculation. Really there isn't much news about anything with this movie yet so i feel there is great potential for people start getting excited when the news does start trickling out.

I remember when the pic hit of Cavil in costume in front of the safe and people were debating everything from his hair to did he have trunks or not, now it is pretty much accepted as a pretty iconic image.

Imagine if the first picture from the sequel is Clark Kent interviewing Bruce Wayne....that to me will be thrilling.

I do completely understand the wish for a great MoS solo sequel but I do think that all the things I want to see (Clark as a reporter, Clark and Lois establishing their banter at the Planet, Superman struggling with what happened in the battle, Lex coming off as a good guy until the truth is revealed) all happening in a movie with Batman in it.

Is there the potential for the filmmakers to screw the pooch, yes with every movie....but if they nail it, it will the wish fulfillment of a billion comic book nerds.

Something to consider is that they are borrowing quite a bit from Byrne's MoS miniseries as well as some of the other sources often listed (Birthright, etc). The entire third issue was spent with Superman and Batman dealing with each other, because in the DCU the relationship between these two characters is monumental. It has to be that way in the DCCU as well or Justice League will never work.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:00 PM   #753
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

A book was recently piblished saying Bale views the Batman series in the same way Robert Downey Jr. views the Iron Man series and reprising the role wouldn't hurt his career. It also states he could easily make $50 million from the role (probably $15m upfront and a portion of the gross).

However, there is nothing to substantiate it.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:37 AM   #754
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalelvis View Post
I haven't heard (and can't really find anything about 50 million for Bale to return.) Warner's will want to try to cut costs and I can't imagine them wanting to spend a forth of the budget for one actor.

Most of the talk about Batman is coming from fan speculation. Really there isn't much news about anything with this movie yet so i feel there is great potential for people start getting excited when the news does start trickling out.

I remember when the pic hit of Cavil in costume in front of the safe and people were debating everything from his hair to did he have trunks or not, now it is pretty much accepted as a pretty iconic image.

Imagine if the first picture from the sequel is Clark Kent interviewing Bruce Wayne....that to me will be thrilling.

I do completely understand the wish for a great MoS solo sequel but I do think that all the things I want to see (Clark as a reporter, Clark and Lois establishing their banter at the Planet, Superman struggling with what happened in the battle, Lex coming off as a good guy until the truth is revealed) all happening in a movie with Batman in it.

Is there the potential for the filmmakers to screw the pooch, yes with every movie....but if they nail it, it will the wish fulfillment of a billion comic book nerds.

Something to consider is that they are borrowing quite a bit from Byrne's MoS miniseries as well as some of the other sources often listed (Birthright, etc). The entire third issue was spent with Superman and Batman dealing with each other, because in the DCU the relationship between these two characters is monumental. It has to be that way in the DCCU as well or Justice League will never work.
It's on the net everywhere.
Worse, they r consulting Frank Miller who disliked superman and did him dumb and weak.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #755
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Worse, they r consulting Frank Miller who disliked superman and did him dumb and weak.
And of course everything on the net is true! I think from a business standpoint, luring Bale back to reprise the TDK role for MOS2 with $15-20 million and points on the back end, has the potential to be a B.O. Bonanza. Casting someone else in the role guarantees nothing unless it is stunt casting by going with a Dicaprio, Depp, or some other big name who can get butts in seats. I don't want to see that happen and I'm hoping they wave lots of money in Bale's face to where he'd be a fool to decline the offer. He's been very good for WB bottom line, and IMO he is totally worth it in the same way RDJ was worth paying $50 million+ for Disney/Marvel in TA. Btw for those saying $50 million is to much consider that without Bale MOS2 could make $800- $900 million but with him it could break a billion then that $50 million is money well spent. If he gets points on the back end based on B.O. receipts then WB is not risking a lot if the movie underperformed

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 08-11-2013 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:48 AM   #756
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:

Exactly.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #757
GreenKToo
In the fire

I'm betting wb is kicking themselves for making TDKR so close ended, and for making it darn near impossible for other heroes to exist in that universe. I figured it would bite them in the butt down the road.
Seriously, if you had that batman reappear and have him suddenly meeting superman, with possible references to other heroes, it would be laughable.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:49 AM   #758
Kirk Langstrom
FRANCINE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
And of course everything on the net is true! I think from a business standpoint, luring Bale back to reprise the TDK role for MOS2 with $15-20 million and points on the back end, has the potential to be a B.O. Bonanza. Casting someone else in the role guarantees nothing unless it is stunt casting by going with a Dicaprio, Depp, or some other big name who can get butts in seats. I don't want to see that happen and I'm hoping they wave lots of money in Bale's face to where he'd be a fool to decline the offer. He's been very good for WB bottom line, and IMO he is totally worth it in the same way RDJ was worth paying $50 million+ for Disney/Marvel in TA. Btw for those saying $50 million is to much consider that without Bale MOS2 could make $800- $900 million but with him it could break a billion then that $50 million is money well spent. If he gets points on the back end based on B.O. receipts then WB is not risking a lot if the movie underperformed
Agreed.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:15 PM   #759
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
A book was recently published saying Bale...could easily make $50 million from the role...

However, there is nothing to substantiate it.
Yes. The author of a 27-page ebook apparently knows someone who worked on TDKR. And this source speculated that Bale could command a $50M payday to star in a WF or JL movie. I dunno; maybe he could. But various sites have translated this speculation into a firm offer by Warner Bros. Thatís the interwebz for you.

Old 08-11-2013, 01:26 PM   #760
kalelvis
Side-Kick

Quote:
i think other people have covered the 50 million for Bale issue pretty well. i looked for any sort of official offer (variety, etc) and there is nothing to substantiate any offer by the studio or interest by Bale.

I agree that Miller doesn't have a good grasp on Superman, but he pretty much set the standard for all Batman interpretations that followed his work on Year one and TDKR.

If Snyder is gong to him for insight into Batman, then that is good news, I think Snyder and Goyer have clearly established their Superman and would have to undo a lot of the work they did in MoS to make it align with Miller's visions of Superman.

So, as I stated earlier, I agree with your concern but I do see room for a lot of hope for a great movie.

Old 08-11-2013, 02:45 PM   #761
Bruce Malone
Why so Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I'm betting wb is kicking themselves for making TDKR so close ended, and for making it darn near impossible for other heroes to exist in that universe. I figured it would bite them in the butt down the road.
Seriously, if you had that batman reappear and have him suddenly meeting superman, with possible references to other heroes, it would be laughable.
That had nothing to do with WB and more so with nolan. I think it was great that we got the first successful stand-alone trilogy in comic movie history, as I've said before I actually consider that a bigger achievement than Marvel and the whole phase 1.

Also if Bale wanted to come back I'm sure WB would take him in with open arms but that's his choice to make.

Old 08-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #762
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
i think other people have covered the 50 million for Bale issue pretty well. i looked for any sort of official offer (variety, etc) and there is nothing to substantiate any offer by the studio or interest by Bale.

I agree that Miller doesn't have a good grasp on Superman, but he pretty much set the standard for all Batman interpretations that followed his work on Year one and TDKR.

If Snyder is gong to him for insight into Batman, then that is good news, I think Snyder and Goyer have clearly established their Superman and would have to undo a lot of the work they did in MoS to make it align with Miller's visions of Superman.

So, as I stated earlier, I agree with your concern but I do see room for a lot of hope for a great movie.
Well.. hope for the best. Ready for the worst.

The superman returns comics strips were created during the production of the movie in 2005 we were longing a superman movie too long and we were basically going crazy of every bit of the leaked news and rumours. let's the fun returns!
Old 08-12-2013, 12:16 PM   #763
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
I'm saying, had it been a better/better received/more broadly appealing film (strike out what does not apply), it would have kept its screens despite new releases. It's not rocket science, if the demand stood at a higher level it wouldn't have lost so many screens to the competition, especially that fast.

However, it's now clear that WB is not exactly happy with how things turned out and they are more inclined to build upon and use what MoS created to expand their universe instead of giving it proper sequel (and I regret that despite the fact that I'm extremely excited by their Batman/Superman film).
I think this is true. MOS is not getting a sequel. We are getting basically WF. After that? I doubt there will be a stand-alone MOS. If we see Superman after WF it will likely be only in JL films.

The reviews and the numbers are what they are. The huge opening saved the film. The sharp falloff is muted by that opening.

Still if WB was expecting what some here said and what Robinov indeed did say then MOS was a big disappointment. And that is why WB is not giving MOS a sequel but a team film.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 12:25 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 12:31 PM   #764
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKKS085 View Post
The point is every movie faces competition during summer. There is no such thing as a safe spot.

MoS being more broadly appealing/better received it would have at least limited the damages instead of just tanking during its second week end. For instance Iron Man (wich was a second tier player before his movie unlike let's say ... Superman) eased 35,8% the week end Indiana Jones 4 was released after holding great two week ends in a row.

The competition is definitely not an excuse. There are new releases every week and every single movie has to face this kind of challenge. I just hate when people use WWZ and MU as an excuse for MoS weak legs.
Would of, could of. The excuses are all over fanboy sites and that tells a lot.

MOS was apparently a disappointment to WB. Unlikely we will see any more Superman stand-alone films. When is a sequel not a sequel - when it's called Batman vs Superman as seems a real possibility.

Yes the release date was poor, yes the film itself was a 'C' level film and sadly, Cavill did not rise to the occasion and overcome the poor script.

The worst thing from the MOS results is that this may put WB off on doing any other DC stand-alones in the immediate future.

The plan is I guess to use WF to launch a new Bat franchise.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:49 PM   #765
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Cavill didn't rise to the occasion so much that they are bringing him back to stand alongside Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishbourne, directed by Zack Snyder and written by David S. Goyer.

Tell me, Tobias, since we are by all accounts assuming according to your post, can Superman/Batman/WF/MOS2 still considered NOT to be a sequel if they do indeed follow-up the aftermath of MOS?

Lex Luthor is rumored to be cast and the MOS team is returning, Cavill included.

Is it possible we would be getting the continuation of MOS with Bruce written into the script, or does the presence of Batman make it a non-sequel even if they continue Superman's story?

You have a lot to play with from now until the title of the film or when more information is released. Looking forward to seeing how you bend your assumptions to form your own reality.

Also, why in Gods name would WB pit a new Batman with such a disappointing Superman in Man of Steel just to reintroduce his franchise? Wouldn't they just...............reboot Batman altogether for a standalone reboot and save Superman for JL (as your post up top suggests)?

BEND TIME!

Last edited by Tra-El; 08-12-2013 at 12:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:07 PM   #766
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Cavill didn't rise to the occasion so much that they are bringing him back to stand alongside Amy Adams, Diane Lane and Laurence Fishbourne, directed by Zack Snyder and written by David S. Goyer.

Tell me, Tobias, since we are by all accounts assuming according to your post, can Superman/Batman/WF/MOS2 still considered NOT to be a sequel if they do indeed follow-up the aftermath of MOS?

Lex Luthor is rumored to be cast and the MOS team is returning, Cavill included.

Is it possible we would be getting the continuation of MOS with Bruce written into the script, or does the presence of Batman make it a non-sequel even if they continue Superman's story?

You have a lot to play with from now until the title of the film or when more information is released. Looking forward to seeing how you bend your assumptions to form your own reality.

Also, why in Gods name would WB pit a new Batman with such a disappointing Superman in Man of Steel just to reintroduce his franchise? Wouldn't they just...............reboot Batman altogether for a standalone reboot and save Superman for JL (as your post up top suggests)?

BEND TIME!
Who knows, I think its a case where WB may feel they need Batman in the next film for it to make more than MOS. There is that Tomb Raiders syndrome and WB may have feared a stand-alone MOS sequel would fall victim to it.

The question is what happens after the next film? Safe bet the focus turns to re-launching stand-alone Batman films. Will Cavill star in a stand-alone Superman film again - its not a certainty.

As to bringing the same team back yes and its a worry. Cavill just is not a solid actor and if they were to bring in a Bale-like actor Cavill's Superman will, I'm afraid, lose out in common scenes. Cavill did not capture the public's imagination in the role as Reeve did. It would be a bit much to recast yet again after having recast the previous Supes actor.

Not just Cavill. The script was poor, pacing bad and dialog not good. The critics were right. My fear is that this team will hurt Batman's re-launch which I think the next film's focus is meant to be.

Argue all you want as to what this means but it is a first that a sequel to a comic book film features a more popular character than the main character in the first film. This is not business as usual and Snyder's comments are proof of that.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #767
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Who knows, I think its a case where WB may feel they need Batman in the next film for it to make more than MOS. There is that Tomb Raiders syndrome and WB may have feared a stand-alone MOS sequel would fall victim to it.
So now it is a MOS sequel....just not a "standalone" one? What if, by some chance, even with this new Batman making the appearance in MOS2, that it still combats with the Tomb Raider sydrome? Is this new Batman that much of a guarantee? I think not.

I think it's the other way around. I believe MOS hit the mark, which allowed WB to bring back Batman at the right time and allow audiences to embrace a new Batman alongside the new and improved Superman MOS franchise. This is STILL MOS's world, NOT Batman's.

Quote:
The question is what happens after the next film?
I don't know, you tell me. I can GUESS that spinoffs such as WW or other solo films like the Flash/Aquman cross-overs will set up JL, which is the plan in the end anyhow.

Quote:
Safe bet the focus turns to re-launching stand-alone Batman films
Judging by what? The already success's of Superman/Batman that doesn't even exist? So you're telling me that the success's of MOS2 will lead into solo Bat films, but NOT Superman? Haha. Typical.

Quote:
Will Cavill star in a stand-alone Superman film again - its not a certainty.
Not sure what IS a certainty at this point. All I know, is what IS a certainty. And the certainty IS, is that we have our new generation Superman with Henry Cavill returning. So much emphasis on a Batman that isn't even cast yet. Just goes to show the haters for MOS. It defiantly shows.

Quote:
As to bringing the same team back yes and its a worry.
WB seems not to worry. Afterall, they are bringing back a cast and team that disappointed them SO, SO much..

Quote:
Cavill just is not a solid actor and if they were to bring in a Bale-like actor Cavill's Superman will, I'm afraid, lose out in common scenes.
Where you getting this from? WB's letter in reply?

Quote:
Cavill did not capture the public's imagination in the role as Reeve did. It would be a bit much to recast yet again after having recast the previous Supes actor.
Where are you getting this from? WB's letter in reply? IF Cavill's performance was SO BAD, then why does MOS hold a strong audience ratings and WB is bringing this disappointing Superman back to stand alongside this...I guess already, successful Batman...that's not even cast yet?

Quote:
Not just Cavill. The script was poor, pacing bad and dialog not good.
Oh, now it's NOT just Cavill's God awful, disappointing performance that didn't capture the audiences eye....

Quote:
The critics were right.
Must be. And they were right about Superman Returns as well as they are STILL awaiting that sequel....

Quote:
Argue all you want as to what this means
I don't need to argue. I got all your assumptions to go off of. Must be true.

Quote:
but it is a first that a sequel to a comic book film features a more popular character than the main character in the first film.
So now it is a sequel? Make up your assumption and stick with it...

is it a sequel to MOS or not?

Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 PM   #768
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
So now it is a MOS sequel....just not a "standalone" one? What if, by some chance, even with this new Batman making the appearance in MOS2, that it still combats with the Tomb Raider sydrome? Is this new Batman that much of a guarantee? I think not.

I think it's the other way around. I believe MOS hit the mark, which allowed WB to bring back Batman at the right time and allow audiences to embrace a new Batman alongside the new and improved Superman MOS franchise. This is STILL MOS's world, NOT Batman's.

I don't know, you tell me. I can GUESS that spinoffs such as WW or other solo films like the Flash/Aquman cross-overs will set up JL, which is the plan in the end anyhow.

Judging by what? The already success's of Superman/Batman that doesn't even exist? So you're telling me that the success's of MOS2 will lead into solo Bat films, but NOT Superman? Haha. Typical.

Not sure what IS a certainty at this point. All I know, is what IS a certainty. And the certainty IS, is that we have our new generation Superman with Henry Cavill returning. So much emphasis on a Batman that isn't even cast yet. Just goes to show the haters for MOS. It defiantly shows.

WB seems not to worry. Afterall, they are bringing back a cast and team that disappointed them SO, SO much..

Where you getting this from? WB's letter in reply?

Where are you getting this from? WB's letter in reply? IF Cavill's performance was SO BAD, then why does MOS hold a strong audience ratings and WB is bringing this disappointing Superman back to stand alongside this...I guess already, successful Batman...that's not even cast yet?

Oh, now it's NOT just Cavill's God awful, disappointing performance that didn't capture the audiences eye....

Must be. And they were right about Superman Returns as well as they are STILL awaiting that sequel....

I don't need to argue. I got all your assumptions to go off of. Must be true.

So now it is a sequel? Make up your assumption and stick with it...

is it a sequel to MOS or not?
Its likely not a sequel and especially given the big-name actors being rumored to play Batman. In the end it may well turn out to be a Batman film with Superman in it. No matter what it is called. Consulting with Miller is not a good sign if one wants a Superman-centric film.

Bringing the whole team back is odd but just as odd is a director publicly criticizing a studio as Snyder has done WB. Real tensions between the two apparently. Let me see - oh yeah, Singer did the same after SR and when an SR2 sequel was supposedly in the works.

If Robinov is to be believed WB was expecting much better numbers from MOS. Maybe one reason Robinov was let go earlier this summer.

And too, WB was expected to announce more than just one film. Nothing in 2014 and perhaps not 2016. Did MOS's very poor legs scare them off on other stand-a-lone films like Flash?

Frankly I'd like to see Snyder gone and moreso Goyer.

Given the open criticism my hope is we will see a parting of the two due to "creative differences".

Last edited by Tobias; 08-12-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-12-2013, 01:51 PM   #769
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

until I hear more concrete details that Batman is indeed going to overshadow Superman, then I'm not going to get worried.

as it as, MOS was a success. there have been plenty of bombs this summer and MOS was not one of them.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #770
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its likely not a sequel and especially given the big-name actors being rumored to play Batman.
Okay, so it isn't a sequel now. Gotchya. For all we know, rumors are the new truth if logic serves its purpose in this thread.

Quote:
In the end it may well turn out to be a Batman film with Superman in it. No matter what it is called. Consulting with Miller is not a good sign if one wants a Superman-centric film.
It may. Or, it may be a Superman film with Batman in it with the mind to branch off to bigger and better things....

Quote:
Bringing the whole team back is odd
Why is it odd to you? Probably because this could be a continuation of MOS, one option to where you refuse to believe in. That's why it's odd..

Quote:
but just as odd is a director publicly criticizing a studio as Snyder has done WB. Real tensions between the two apparently.
Talk about a statement being blown WAY out of proportion. But, I can see a fanboy running away with THAT one. Yes, Snyder and WB must of choked each other out many of times during this ongoing battle of hatred between the two camps, so much, that they ALL return.

Quote:
Let me see - oh yeah, Singer did the same after SR and when an SR2 sequel was supposedly in the works.
The disappointing Henry Cavill from Man of Steel will be featured in more Superman movies than Brandon Routh from Superman Returns. Again, those "right" critics are STILL awaiting SR2.

Quote:
Maybe one reason Robinov was let go earlier this summer.
So I guess that's really irrelevant. The numbers he plucked from thin air was NEVER..EVER going to happen. MOS brought in the numbers WB was expecting.

Quote:
And too, WB was expected to announce more than just one film. Nothing in 2014 and perhaps not 2016. Did MOS's very poor legs scare them off on other stand-a-lone films like Flash?
WB gave the greenlight to feature The Flash T.V series with the success's of Green Arrow. Not too long ago, Cavill posed with a picture of the actor for GA and the rumor has it that WB and their successful T.V franchise's could indeed crossover for the first time ever. So, yeah, there's your Flash announcement, who we could VERY well see turn into the big-screen in future investments.

Quote:
Frankly I'd like to see Snyder gone and moreso Goyer.
Not happening. Sorry your letter didn't pan out.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:20 PM   #771
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, so it isn't a sequel now. Gotchya. For all we know, rumors are the new truth if logic serves its purpose in this thread.

It may. Or, it may be a Superman film with Batman in it with the mind to branch off to bigger and better things....

Why is it odd to you? Probably because this could be a continuation of MOS, one option to where you refuse to believe in. That's why it's odd..

Talk about a statement being blown WAY out of proportion. But, I can see a fanboy running away with THAT one. Yes, Snyder and WB must of choked each other out many of times during this ongoing battle of hatred between the two camps, so much, that they ALL return.

The disappointing Henry Cavill from Man of Steel will be featured in more Superman movies than Brandon Routh from Superman Returns. Again, those "right" critics are STILL awaiting SR2.

So I guess that's really irrelevant. The numbers he plucked from thin air was NEVER..EVER going to happen. MOS brought in the numbers WB was expecting.

WB gave the greenlight to feature The Flash T.V series with the success's of Green Arrow. Not too long ago, Cavill posed with a picture of the actor for GA and the rumor has it that WB and their successful T.V franchise's could indeed crossover for the first time ever. So, yeah, there's your Flash announcement, who we could VERY well see turn into the big-screen in future investments.

Not happening. Sorry your letter didn't pan out.
Yes, it seems for the next years TV will be the focus for DC characters and not films. Other than Batman and team-ups - pending on how well this next film does.

I've heard CW is considering a WW series too.

The Flash announcement was a disappointment to me as I wanted a Flash film in the next few years. Not likely now.

As to MOS, WB looks at the holds/drops. MOS had very poor legs along the lines of GL. That drove the change of direction away from another stand-alone Superman film IMO. It was apparently sudden and Snyder is not happy with it.

I'd expect a focus on a stand-alone Batman for maybe as early as 2017 and maybe a second Bats and then, with the TV series and all, a JL film. 2020, 2021? Cavill finishing out his run in that film I suppose.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #772
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes, it seems for the next years TV will be the focus for DC characters and not films. Other than Batman and team-ups - pending on how well this next film does.
I'm sure it will do fine and if it is the huge success it's predicted to be, then I'm SURE we'll be getting more solo movies heading into Justice League. I like this approach.

Quote:
I've heard CW is considering a WW series too.
We're gearing up to line our ducks in a row for the eventual Justice League, which who's to say solo films may not follow after JL as well, like a WW or Aqua Man? MOS was the groundwork to the universe; Superman/Batman is the beginning to the shared blue-print.

Quote:
The Flash announcement was a disappointment to me as I wanted a Flash film in the next few years. Not likely now.
It will be likely if A.) It's as popular as the Green Arrow T.V series and B.) Superman/Batman does big.

Quote:
As to MOS, WB looks at the holds/drops. MOS had very poor legs along the lines of GL.
It had such poor legs that the film is going to flirt with the $650 million dollar benchmark WW. What was GL's again?

Quote:
That drove the change of direction away from another stand-alone Superman film IMO.
Cavill, along with Snyder confirming the Bat Easter Egg, sure did talk about the Bats way before MOS was even released in interviews, plugs and such. The logic was talked about and there to support a WF was in the works ALL ALONG.

Quote:
It was apparently sudden and Snyder is not happy with it.
Yeah, his annoucment at SDCC seemed miserable. So miserable that the crowd didn't make a peep when the annoucement was made. Oh, wait.

Quote:
I'd expect a focus on a stand-alone Batman for maybe as early as 2017 and maybe a second Bats and then, with the TV series and all, a JL film. 2020, 2021? Cavill finishing out his run in that film I suppose.
Haha, no f'n way we will get a JL in 2021. You think they're going to wait 8 long years to get JL off the ground when Marvel will already be 2 Avengers, maybe more, in?

Yeah, dude. I don't think so. We'll see JL by 2017 and who knows, maybe another Superman solo film in the mix to go along with the DCU since Superman IS a key holder to the team.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #773
ModernClarkKent
Side-Kick

Not a bad weekend for Man of Steel getting some more theatres --- and look it topped World War Z for the first time

19 21 Man of Steel WB $750,307 +60.8% 426 +122 $1,761 $288,681,970 $225 9 20 16 Monsters University BV $683,659 -51.3% 405 -474 $1,688 $260,171,175 - 8 21 15 World War Z Par. $654,475 -63.8% 505 -407 $1,296 $197,458,107 $190 8

Old 08-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #774
Sup3rman81
Banned User

Quote:
I'm sure it will do fine and if it is the huge success it's predicted to be, then I'm SURE we'll be getting more solo movies heading into Justice League. I like this approach.

We're gearing up to line our ducks in a row for the eventual Justice League, which who's to say solo films may not follow after JL as well, like a WW or Aqua Man? MOS was the groundwork to the universe; Superman/Batman is the beginning to the shared blue-print.

It will be likely if A.) It's as popular as the Green Arrow T.V series and B.) Superman/Batman does big.

It had such poor legs that the film is going to flirt with the $650 million dollar benchmark WW. What was GL's again?

Cavill, along with Snyder confirming the Bat Easter Egg, sure did talk about the Bats way before MOS was even released in interviews, plugs and such. The logic was talked about and there to support a WF was in the works ALL ALONG.

Yeah, his annoucment at SDCC seemed miserable. So miserable that the crowd didn't make a peep when the annoucement was made. Oh, wait.

Haha, no f'n way we will get a JL in 2021. You think they're going to wait 8 long years to get JL off the ground when Marvel will already be 2 Avengers, maybe more, in?

Yeah, dude. I don't think so. We'll see JL by 2017 and who knows, maybe another Superman solo film in the mix to go along with the DCU since Superman IS a key holder to the team.
Damn Tobias is at it again. He won't stop until he has driven this movie into the ground.

Old 08-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #775
Sup3rman81
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModernClarkKent View Post
Not a bad weekend for Man of Steel getting some more theatres --- and look it topped World War Z for the first time

19 21 Man of Steel WB $750,307 +60.8% 426 +122 $1,761 $288,681,970 $225 9 20 16 Monsters University BV $683,659 -51.3% 405 -474 $1,688 $260,171,175 - 8 21 15 World War Z Par. $654,475 -63.8% 505 -407 $1,296 $197,458,107 $190 8
MOS had a very good weekend if you ask me. More theaters and a nice bump from last week.

Closed Thread