The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: How do you think Man of Steel will do?
1.5 billion 11 5.85%
1 billion 27 14.36%
900 million 13 6.91%
800 million 35 18.62%
700 million 41 21.81%
600 million 29 15.43%
500 million 18 9.57%
400 million 8 4.26%
300 million 2 1.06%
200 million 4 2.13%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #151
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrilla31 View Post
David Goyer on the MOS sequel

"The most difficult challenge in conceptualizing a Superman movie was figuring out the right... recipe... so to speak. It wasn't the most easy challenge. You have to figure out some way to bring that origin into the fold and also have it translate in a way audiences aren't really used to seeing. So I pulled from all the most well known Superman comics and I think we did a pretty decent job. Now it's all about figuring out where to go from there. I know the biggest question on everyone's mind is whether or not Batman demands reimbursement for the satellite that Superman broke in his fight with General Zod. But remember Batman is just a normal guy and Superman is like a god. So he's gonna have a real tough time getting Superman to write a check. I'm really excited to see where we could take this..."
Is that a real comment?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 07-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #152
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
It just occurred to me that for the blu-ray release, show a clip before the movie with some Wayne industries people conferencing on a new super duper satellite uplink, when all of sudden it goes on the fritz. They look at each other and someone says " oh oh, someone is going to get hell for this. Get Mr Wayne on the line. Man, he is going to be pissed!" Cut to a close up of a cell phone ringing, and Batman's hand reaching to answer it. Voice over " Who ever is responsible is going to pay for this!" Fade to black cue the superman/Batman logo with 2015 below it.
This man gets it.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:37 PM   #153
Skrilla31
Side-Kick

http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Hans.../dp/B00C2U6G7C

^ Looks like they're already underway with the soundtrack for the next movie. The tracklisting just leaked.

1. Main Theme
2. Save The World
3. Light Meets Dark
4. I'm Here To Collect
5. I Don't Have The Money For This
6. Pay Up Or Else
7. Look Maybe We Could Work Something Out
8. How Do You Expect Me To Come Up With $800 Million Dollars?
9. That's Not My Problem
10. World's Finest

Can't wait!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #154
seomensnowlocke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Its quite common knowledge that Jett has contacts in the industry and he's friends with Michael Uslan whose one of the producers of all the Batman movies. People inside WBs expected MOS to do more than its done.

I personally think they should be very happy its made a ton of money.

I'm gonna sit back and enjoy it myself.

Guys, you should look at my earlier post. One of the biggest reasons that WB must be happy with MOS is because it paid for its own marketing budget (unheard of) and actually made $20 mil on marketing because of product placement. Before selling a ticket, it had $20 mil (equivalent of $36 mil sales) in the can already. Essentially, MOS had no marketing cost due to product placement and partnerships.

In equivalents, that is like having a $175 mil budget as opposed to a $225 mil budget for your average summer tent pole.

Then it goes on to sell $635 mil (as of today) in tickets. It will probably get to $680 mil WW with overseas and Japan, plus it will probably drag out another $6-8 mil domestic.

If you break it down, due to the product placement, this movie will probably be slightly MORE profitable than TASM though it will have $70 mil LESS in ticket sales.

WB added Batman to the mix for two reasons. First, they are putting their two biggest brands together, a.) Supes for pre-release marketing, and b.) Bats for the movie brand (which has twice grossed $1 bil +). Second, they need to move to team up movies to compete with Marvel and develop the synergy among the fans of the various characters as the Avengers did.

Just be prepared for MOS 2 (featuring Bats) to have the bad guys being thrown through Walmart, drinking Bud, meeting for the first time on top of a McDonalds, etc. They have got to get those pre-release product marketing dollars, friends!

On another note, do you think WB and DC would be better served by just ignoring the Justice League and going with Supes, Bats and Wonder Woman?

My thoughts are that if they put a Wonder Woman movie out by 2016, they could have a team up among all three in MOS 3 in 2018 or so. That would keep them to their heaviest hitting characters without having to take chances on less generally well known heroes such as Flash and Green Lantern (that movie SUCKED). They could also do it without actually having to re-boot Batman so soon after a huge franchise. They could just pay Christian Bale a heap of dough to revisit the role twice more, or they could simply re-cast without rebooting (ala Val Kilmer).

Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #155
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
It just occurred to me that for the blu-ray release, show a clip before the movie with some Wayne industries people conferencing on a new super duper satellite uplink, when all of sudden it goes on the fritz. They look at each other and someone says " oh oh, someone is going to get hell for this. Get Mr Wayne on the line. Man, he is going to be pissed!" Cut to a close up of a cell phone ringing, and Batman's hand reaching to answer it. Voice over " Who ever is responsible is going to pay for this!" Fade to black cue the superman/Batman logo with 2015 below it.
*ring ring*

Superman picks up the phone

Batman: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for forgiveness, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you pay for my satellite now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.
Superman: [after a long pause] Good luck.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #156
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

$253,352. For Monday.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:04 PM   #157
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
*ring ring*

Batman: I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want. If you are looking for forgiveness, I can tell you I don't have any. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you. If you pay for my satellite now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #158
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
*ring ring*

But Batman doesn't kill haha! Btw who do you have playing Batman there, Liam Neeson? Lol

Old 07-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #159
ConanLives
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
WB is run by some damn fools! Jor El was right! MoS with Japan should come close to 700m WW. Maybe had WB scheduled MOS better they would be getting their 800m. I never thought I would hear a studio ***** about only making 700m. SR made better than some Marvel movies and got canned. DC needs its own movie studio bad
Great observation.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #160
ConanLives
Side-Kick

Quote:
$253,352. For Monday.
We're still good for 700-750ww...I still believe.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:42 PM   #161
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sup3rman81 View Post
WB is run by some damn fools! Jor El was right! MoS with Japan should come close to 700m WW. Maybe had WB scheduled MOS better they would be getting their 800m. I never thought I would hear a studio ***** about only making 700m. SR made better than some Marvel movies and got canned. DC needs its own movie studio bad
So can you name the person at WB that publicly went on record and bemoaned MOS "only" making (or will only make) $700 million?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #162
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanLives View Post
We're still good for 700-750ww...I still believe.
Who knows but if it can do $2 million or so by Monday and maybe a little less the week after we'll be getting close to $290 M by the 5th. To make $300 million they'll have to leave out there until at least late September. What do $ theaters normally bring in for this kind of movie?

Last edited by Stephen K. Hone; 07-23-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #163
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlawlessVictory View Post
..and when Bruce finds Clark in a Bibbo's diner in Smallville, Kansas, eating his favorite piece of Apple Pie, Bruce writes the words "GOOD LUCK" in Kryptonian and asks for Clark to read it for his personal finding. THAT'S when **** hits the fan.

Lmao.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:07 PM   #164
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
How many people noticed the WE logo? I sure as hell didn't. I'll bet you the majority didn't either.

Like I said, if they knew for certain Batman was gonna show up in the sequel... they would have put more than just a easter egg out there.
if u look closely to the part in mos when zod was spraying his laser eyes u will see in yellow and black on the wall (beware of the batman) with the bat symbol in it trust me I wondered for weeks why they put that in there but I see now
batman had always been in the plans for a sequel or some form of a teamup

Last edited by dalonewolf; 07-23-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #165
sf2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
"people in the industry" huh! yeah everyone and their grandmother has industry "insiders" it means utter jack!
The proof is in the pudding, if WB weren't happy with MOS's take then why get the same team to handle WF? That's the only thing you need to remember!
Not to mention that they publically stated that they expected MOS to open at 70 mill but they were obviously low balling it to avoid potential embarrassment but according to "people in the industry" the studio was expecting 90 million, so 116 mill is well above those expectations, so if I were to go by that logic then I'd say that the film more than developed for the studio.
But you know what, it doesn't matter, talk is cheap and people will keep talking nonsense and I say let'm. Superman has his reboot and it's a success and he's getting another film in 2015, it may not be a solo film but it will very likely make a billion + and that can only mean more exposure and more money for the character's future solo film(s) and make no mistake, there will be more superman solo films to cash in on WF/JL fame. So I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy more superman!!
I hope what you said will come true very soon.
Nice reading your posts.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:35 PM   #166
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think it was a failure. I think it delivered beneath WB's expectations.
Alright man, I'm not going to try and change your mind, this is your belief and thats that.
For me though it would make no sense to get the MOS team to make WF (WB's biggest film in 2015) if they weren't happy with MOS's results.

Old 07-23-2013, 09:48 PM   #167
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
I hope what you said will come true very soon.
Nice reading your posts.
Glad to be of some service, you know the hype boards never change the same glass is half empty and full of poison mentality.
I'm a 30 year old doctor who wears a superman belt to the hospital (true story!) and when I do my night shifts (where I don't have to dress up formally) I put on one of my 6 or so superman t-shirts and could care less what people think! (although people love the superman belt I have to say!!!) Needless to say I'm a superman geek in the truest form and
am I disappointed with WF news, to be honest yes I am, I want a sequel to MOS very badly because I really think that despite the movie's many glaring issues, the ideas are all there and a "dark knight" quality movie can be made (although snyder is no nolan and goyer is no...well either of the nolan brothers) but the building blocks for a great sequel are there, not to mention henry and amy are the best superman and lois since Reeve and Durance (my favourate lois!).
In the end I have to remind my self that we've gotten 2 solo superman movies already and WF is yet another superman movie that may continue MOS's story so to say that we (superman fans) have been short changed isn't fair but it is entirely fair to say that batman is very spoiled, but to the victor goes the spoils, nothing we can do about it.

Last edited by Superchan; 07-23-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #168
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/Man-Steel-Hans.../dp/B00C2U6G7C

^ Looks like they're already underway with the soundtrack for the next movie. The tracklisting just leaked.

1. Main Theme
2. Save The World
3. Light Meets Dark
4. I'm Here To Collect
5. I Don't Have The Money For This
6. Pay Up Or Else
7. Look Maybe We Could Work Something Out
8. How Do You Expect Me To Come Up With $800 Million Dollars?
9. That's Not My Problem
10. World's Finest

Can't wait!
Sounds great, you forgot about some additional tracks for the first 100 buyers:

11. You destroyed an 80 million dollar satelite.
12. bill me
13. On a reporter's salary, I don't think so

Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #169
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

14. You're Only Human

Old 07-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #170
Superchan
Side-Kick

15. Not according to the ladies!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:36 PM   #171
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Ha!

Old 07-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #172
Showtime
Your Friend In Time
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Who knows but if it can do $2 million or so by Monday and maybe a little less the week after we'll be getting close to $290 M by the 5th. To make $300 million they'll have to leave out there until at least late September. What do $ theaters normally bring in for this kind of movie?
I think the quest for 300 is over. You're looking at about 500 theater drop by this weekend most likely. About 900,000 if that for the week and less for the weekend most likely.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:54 PM   #173
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I think the quest for 300 is over. You're looking at about 500 theater drop by this weekend most likely. About 900,000 if that for the week and less for the weekend most likely.
Agreed, I'd say 291 is where it will close, disappointed that it won't hit the benchmark but still the highest domestic reboot yet and 3rd biggest movie of the summer.....not to shabby!

Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #174
Knightstalker
Boy Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
Agreed, I'd say 291 is where it will close, disappointed that it won't hit the benchmark but still the highest domestic reboot yet and 3rd biggest movie of the summer.....not to shabby!
3rd? What was the 2nd?

Old 07-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #175
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Despicable Me 2...eventually.

Spill

Closed Thread