The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 02:04 AM   #326
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

I say we burn down Canada and the alternate realm known as Vancouver, so they have no place to film this travesty!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #327
Anubis
Sup?

Default Re: Is anyone else not excited about Superman and Batman? I feel nothing but dread.

It is?

H.E.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 AM   #328
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anubis View Post
It is?
Just read through this thread?

Old 08-01-2013, 02:07 AM   #329
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
It is?
It raped my mother and killed my father, just like Rachel Ray!

Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #330
Anubis
Sup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Just read through this thread?

Ohhhh so people are going crazy in trepidation for something that hasn't even been written yet Ironically. To totally play the role of the pissed off fanboys who rend their clothing over every meaningless bit of info released, for s**ts and giggles. I get it. Carry on then.

H.E.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:13 AM   #331
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did you even read what I said?

The entire principle of the movie. It's a total FU to Superman.
Yes and no. Comics tend to have appearances from other characters.

But making Batman a major character is a very bad sign.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:14 AM   #332
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ohhhh so people are going crazy in trepidation for something that hasn't even been written yet Ironically. To totally play the role of the pissed off fanboys who rend their clothing over every meaningless bit of info released, for s**ts and giggles. I get it. Carry on then.
It's just the nature of it. Some of us are happy with movies like IM3 and MOS. Some of us want better. It's better this way so we're not all just frothing at the mouth in anticipation for this movie. 'OMG FRANK MILLER IS BEING CONSULTED!!!1 JIZZ IN MY PANTS'

Old 08-01-2013, 02:18 AM   #333
Anubis
Sup?

I think being too far in either direction over this stuff is asinine as hell. We don't know nothing yet. But it's late, and I'm bored, and I've wandered over into the movie forums, so I guess It's my own damn fault for expecting people to not freak out over every thing that sounds a little buggy.

H.E.

Last edited by Anubis; 08-01-2013 at 02:21 AM.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:26 AM   #334
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Well, all this is pretty encouraging.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:12 AM   #335
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I will say this much; if Snyder, Goyer, and Warner Bros. really want to make a more stronger and positive statement with this film than they did with MOS, they have to pull out all of the stops. I'm not even sure if Snyder is aware of how mixed the reaction has been somewhat from hearing that we're getting a Batman/superman film instead of MOS 2, and I feel sorry for the dude in a way since this definitely feels like the Studio trying to impose their will on this film instead of letting him do his thing with it.
See I don't know about this, as it's just speculation on our part. That last comment from him does imply that it's a studio mandated move, but it could be he was just directing the small fan backslash towards a faceless conglomerate. From everything we know about Zack Snyder; Batman is his favorite, huge Frank Miller fan, dream project is Batman film, plus his enthusiasm making the announcement. I'd say there was no doubt discussions as to what the future of MOS would be, and it wouldn't surprise me the least that Snyder/Goyer leaned on this.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:18 AM   #336
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think being too far in either direction over this stuff is asinine as hell. We don't know nothing yet. But it's late, and I'm bored, and I've wandered over into the movie forums, so I guess It's my own damn fault for expecting people to not freak out over every thing that sounds a little buggy.
Meh. It's what we do. By our nature we care so much for this stuff that we're either enthusiastic or anxious. Be a pretty boring board if we weren't. I expect this film to be good. Perhaps on the level of MOS. But it has crushed my hopes of a self-contained trilogy for Superman on the level of TDK. MOS already contributed to this, but this movie is the final nail, so **** it. That's just how I feel, I still can't wait to see it though.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:59 AM   #337
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Meh. It's what we do. By our nature we care so much for this stuff that we're either enthusiastic or anxious. Be a pretty boring board if we weren't. I expect this film to be good. Perhaps on the level of MOS. But it has crushed my hopes of a self-contained trilogy for Superman on the level of TDK. MOS already contributed to this, but this movie is the final nail, so **** it. That's just how I feel, I still can't wait to see it though.
Well that and this also means that Superman still hasn't gotten a direct sequel in over 30 years now I think since SR didn't get a sequel and this film isn't a direct sequel.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:19 AM   #338
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

They could explore the angle that Gov. does not trust Superman after the events of MOS, as to them he's just another alien.

Snyder could be discussing some of those ideas with Miller. I can see some one like Amanda Waller showing up in MOS 2, formulating some plan to control Superman.

Edit: Another thing, WB want to make a JL movie, they cannot afford to make either hero overshadow the other. I am not too much worried.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 08-01-2013, 05:29 AM   #339
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post

Edit: Another thing, WB want to make a JL movie, they cannot afford to make either hero overshadow the other. I am not too much worried.
Really? Since Fox seems to have no problem with doing that for Wolverine in the X men series.lol

Old 08-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #340
Wheels
They see me rollin'
SHH! Moderator

I'm actually fine with Superman/Batman. I'm more at ease with this now that we know it's not going to be Nolan Batman. I'm in the middle because I'm not hyped but I'm not dreading this either.

Quote:
There's been an awakening... Have you felt it?

The Dark Side, and the Light.
Old 08-01-2013, 06:35 AM   #341
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

I am not excited about this movie mainly because I felt Superman should have gotten a true sequel before doing this team up movie. IMO Batman has had his time and should be left alone for a while and you should give Superman a chance to shine on his own before adding Batman to the mix. I would have been okay with this had they done MOS2 and then this movie but I don't like where this is heading. People like to claim Batman will not over shadow this "sequel" if it could even be called that but yes he will. This is not a sequel as they like you to believe. Superman IMO got robbed and while I will see this team-up movie and while it will make money I am just not happy they robbed MOS of its true sequel for it and 9 out of 10 we won't see another solo Superman movie for another 8 to 10 years.

Another reason why I am becoming less and less excited about this movie is the rumors of the involvement of Fran Miller. He would be the last person I would go to in regards to a Superman movie seeing how he has written him every chance he has gotten. As I die hard Superman fan this move is like a kick in the balls.

Old 08-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #342
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
I am not excited about this movie mainly because I felt Superman should have gotten a true sequel before doing this team up movie. IMO Batman has had his time and should be left alone for a while and you should give Superman a chance to shine on his own before adding Batman to the mix. I would have been okay with this had they done MOS2 and then this movie but I don't like where this is heading. People like to claim Batman will not over shadow this "sequel" if it could even be called that but yes he will. This is not a sequel as they like you to believe. Superman IMO got robbed and while I will see this team-up movie and while it will make money I am just not happy they robbed MOS of its true sequel for it and 9 out of 10 we won't see another solo Superman movie for another 8 to 10 years.

Another reason why I am becoming less and less excited about this movie is the rumors of the involvement of Fran Miller. He would be the last person I would go to in regards to a Superman movie seeing how he has written him every chance he has gotten. As I die hard Superman fan this move is like a kick in the balls.

This is pretty much going to be us (Superman fans) during the entire tenure leading up to this project.lol

Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #343
Azrael24
Side-Kick

Whether you think it will work or not..corny or not...at least don't just post on forums....sign up!

https://www.change.org/petitions/man...superman-movie

Old 08-01-2013, 08:30 AM   #344
Lord
All Mighty

I'm equally a Superman and a Batman fan but while i am excited i'm not expecting this to be a very good movie.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-01-2013, 08:35 AM   #345
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, let's look at the bright side, at least we'll have Episode 8 and Ultron to look forward to in 2015 if this turns out to be a the disaster that it's promising to be.lol

Old 08-01-2013, 08:38 AM   #346
regwec
Shakespearo

To those of us who found the first Avengers about as pleasurable as choking on our own vomit, that is cold comfort. In fact, I don't think there's any chance of my seeing the sequel.

Last edited by regwec; 08-01-2013 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Spelling. Someone has to maintain standards.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:39 AM   #347
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well, let's look at the bright side, at least we'll have Episode 8 and Ultron to look forward to in 2015 if this turns out to be a the disaster that it's promising to be.lol
Not a big fan of J.J.Abrams style in Star Trek and expected Avengers to be better but yeah, i guess you0re right

I'm actually expecting those 2 to be great movies, but with Batman vs Superman i'm only expecting an entertaining one, nothing really special.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #348
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Yeah... I can't wait for Episode 8.

Old 08-01-2013, 08:42 AM   #349
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

You WISH Ep8 was coming out in 2015! So do I...

Old 08-01-2013, 08:43 AM   #350
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
To those of us who found the first Avengers about as pleasurable choking on our own vomit, that is cold comfort. In fact, I don't think there's any chance of my seeing the sequel.
MAkes two of us. Beer at a pub opening night? My treat.

Closed Thread