The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 08:17 AM   #976
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman Manips & Art

thats a paint, not his real body, not his exact face.

Paints make the woman look better, almost perfect. Yet this paint doesnt who a really powerfull Wonder Woman, in the face.

Gal has beauty, for sure, but in terms on presence, its not on the same league as actresses like Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie or Cate Blanchet, to name a few.

And Wonder Woman NEEDED someone with a presence and acting chops on that level.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #977
Jekecy
Side-Kick

I think she strikes a cool middle ground between the cutesy innocent type and the woman who has control. Most importantly her voice and the way she carries herself when she speaks, is more mature than she looks. At this point it's probably her strongest asset above all else. Certainly for me, I would be disappointed with her casting otherwise.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #978
Lobo
Willa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by snpklsdmbldr View Post
Somebody should tweet this to her.

Old 12-14-2013, 09:37 AM   #979
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Totally sweet. Haven't had doubts about her at all,but I'm psyched that this shows how good the classic suit could look! Bravo!

Old 12-14-2013, 02:58 PM   #980
Fiddlesbatch
Side-Kick

From tumblr:

Old 12-14-2013, 03:10 PM   #981
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
thats a paint, not his real body, not his exact face.

Paints make the woman look better, almost perfect. Yet this paint doesnt who a really powerfull Wonder Woman, in the face.

Gal has beauty, for sure, but in terms on presence, its not on the same league as actresses like Charlize Theron, Angelina Jolie or Cate Blanchet, to name a few.

And Wonder Woman NEEDED someone with a presence and acting chops on that level.
I disagree that Wonder Woman needed someone as good an actress as Blanchett or Theron. Jolie is one dimensional in her action roles so she doesn't factor into my opinion. The role isn't that hard to play so no you don't need someone as good as the greatest actresses working today.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #982
Jekecy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I disagree that Wonder Woman needed someone as good an actress as Blanchett or Theron. Jolie is one dimensional in her action roles so she doesn't factor into my opinion. The role isn't that hard to play so no you don't need someone as good as the greatest actresses working today.
This is more a broader point; being these are fictional figures, their complexities (and subsequently, their difficulties) is going to be determined by the writer. No role is inherently harder than the next. Similarly even the same exact role given to two completely different actors can result in a disparity of quality. A B-list role might be delivered in a B-list way by a B-list actor, but an A-list actor could conceivably elevate the role to an A-list by virtue of a greater performance.

So there are several factors which come into play here. With that said, Goyer and Snyder are behind this project. So I'm not expecting too much greatness especially since they don't have the benefit of a "Wonder Woman bible" to pull from. Fingers crossed nonetheless.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #983
Casval
Side-Kick

I thought it was a manip thread, apparently not.

Last edited by Casval; 12-16-2013 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:07 AM   #984
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jekecy View Post
This is more a broader point; being these are fictional figures, their complexities (and subsequently, their difficulties) is going to be determined by the writer. No role is inherently harder than the next. Similarly even the same exact role given to two completely different actors can result in a disparity of quality. A B-list role might be delivered in a B-list way by a B-list actor, but an A-list actor could conceivably elevate the role to an A-list by virtue of a greater performance.

So there are several factors which come into play here. With that said, Goyer and Snyder are behind this project. So I'm not expecting too much greatness especially since they don't have the benefit of a "Wonder Woman bible" to pull from. Fingers crossed nonetheless.
Don't watch the movie if you don't like Snyder and Goyer and don't expect anything. That's all I have to say for now.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 12-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #985
Frico
Live by the creed

Quote:
Definitely the best yet - amazing work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlesbatch View Post
From tumblr:

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Old 12-15-2013, 08:15 PM   #986
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Wow, that is AWESOME looking! Also, is it just me or does she sort of resemble a young Daisy Fuentes, back when she was an MTV "VJ"?

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 PM   #987
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
I'm just not feeling it. I'm not feeling the costume, and I'm not sure about the woman they've chosen to play WW either. I really was hoping they'd go for someone with a bit more of a Mediterranean look and feel...and I was hoping for someone who wasn't so flipping thin.

We will see, though. :-)

Old 12-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #988
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Also, is it just me or does she sort of resemble a young Daisy Fuentes, back when she was an MTV "VJ"?
No, I see it too. I actually think that particular rendering looks more like Fuentes than it does Gadot.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #989
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I really was hoping they'd go for someone with a bit more of a Mediterranean look and feel
Based on her phenotype and cranial morphology, Gadot would easily be classified by any knowledgeable anthropologist/geneticist as a Mediterranean type. It surprises me that people know so little about what that word actually means.

Old 12-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #990
BattleAngel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Based on her phenotype and cranial morphology, Gadot would easily be classified by any knowledgeable anthropologist/geneticist as a Mediterranean type. It surprises me that people know so little about what that word actually means.
I know, it's pretty hilarious. She's Israeli, which is essentially Mediterranean (it has a coast on the Mediterranean, after all).

Old 12-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #991
Lobo
Willa ♥

Cranial morpholgy needs to be in more posts, even if it does't fit elsewhere. It rolls off the tongue nicely

Old 12-15-2013, 10:27 PM   #992
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAngel View Post
I know, it's pretty hilarious. She's Israeli, which is essentially Mediterranean (it has a coast on the Mediterranean, after all).
Even if she didn't reside there, Gadot would still be considered a Med. In Italy, for example, you can find Mediterranean types largely in the south and Nordic/Alpine types in the northern regions where Germanic influence is strongest. You can even find Med types in the British Isles, such as Catherine Zeta Jones. Meds and Nordics are just different branches of the same Caucasian race.

Old 12-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #993
Tempest
Life is a cookie

I guess I should have just said that I think they should have found someone more Greek. Happy now? I just don't think she looks like Wonder Woman. At all. The artistic rendering doesn't do it for me. I hope she at least gets built up a bit, because she looks like a stick.

Old 12-16-2013, 11:46 AM   #994
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making. Sure, giving a ancient look to Themyscira and other stuff is fine. But they shouldn't be bound in any way by it, especially things closer to Wonder Woman, for example her costume.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #995
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making. Sure, giving a ancient look to Themyscira and other stuff is fine. But they shouldn't be bound in any way by it, especially things closer to Wonder Woman, for example her costume.
agreed with you until that, her costume should be beyond a shadow of a doubt Greek.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:09 PM   #996
SofNascimento
Just a simple droid here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
agreed with you until that, her costume should be beyond a shadow of a doubt Greek.
But... it isn't.

Old 12-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #997
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
I guess I should have just said that I think they should have found someone more Greek. Happy now? I just don't think she looks like Wonder Woman. At all. The artistic rendering doesn't do it for me. I hope she at least gets built up a bit, because she looks like a stick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
There is no need for Diana to look greek, actually, all ancient greek mithology shouldn't have much of an impact in the producers decisions making.
I agree with SofNascimento. Diana isn't a Greek woman (like Elektra Natchios); she's birthed out of clay or descendant from Zeus. Moreover, Greeks, like other Europeans, don't all exhibit the same physical characteristics. Compare Jennifer Aniston with Nia Vardalos -- both Greeks.

And Wonder Woman, in the comics, doesn't look especially Greek anyhow. When I observe this old depiction of the fictional amazon, for example, I just see a white woman with black hair, pinkish skin and blue eyes (essentially a female version of Superman):

Gal Gadot, with her olive skin and brown eyes, is actually a little darker than many traditional renderings of the character; she just doesn't have the signature jet-black hair (a little dye will fix that though).

That said, I don't care for the above-referenced manip as well, and Gadot isn't what I would consider an ideal choice, but it is what it is.

Last edited by ArmsHeldOut; 12-16-2013 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-16-2013, 03:34 PM   #998
Tempest
Life is a cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
I agree with SofNascimento. Diana isn't a Greek woman (like Elektra Natchios); she's birthed out of clay or descendant from Zeus. Moreover, Greeks, like other Europeans, don't all exhibit the same physical characteristics. Compare Jennifer Aniston with Nia Vardalos -- both Greeks.

And Wonder Woman, in the comics, doesn't look especially Greek anyhow. When I observe this old depiction of the fictional amazon, for example, I just see a white woman with black hair, pinkish skin and blue eyes (essentially a female version of Superman):

Gal Gadot, with her olive skin and brown eyes, is actually a little darker than many traditional renderings of the character; she just doesn't have the signature jet-black hair (a little dye will fix that though).

That said, I don't care for the above-referenced manip as well, and Gadot isn't what I would consider an ideal choice, but it is what it is.
I don't really care if Wonder Woman is considered Greek or simply "white". When I look at Greek women, especially the ones with very dark hair, they make me think Wonder Woman.

Gal, who seems to be a lovely person, just isn't my ideal. I'll be happy to be proven wrong. I was just commenting, she's not my preference, and that putting her face with the costume didn't really do much for me.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #999
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Hot Damn! I quit The Avengers.

Old 12-16-2013, 05:24 PM   #1000
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here