The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 03-08-2014, 06:38 AM   #1
Mach2Infinity
Side-Kick

Default Batman and GCPD

I'm not au fait with the comics so I don't know much but is Batman's relationship with the police always adversarial? Obviously Batman's an ally of Commissioner Gordon but isn't that an unofficial partnership rather an official and open working relationship?

Just wondering how Batman's status in Gotham (vigilante outlaw or honoury member of the GCPD) could affect the story and perhaps his initial relationship with Superman? We know this Batman will be a veteran but presumably he'll mostly be an urban legend still and Superman thinks he's just a psycho in a costume 'playing hero'?

Thoughts?

Mach2Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:00 AM   #2
Leevor
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman and GCPD

The GCPD avoids direct comment when someone brings up the fact that there's a giant bat doing their job for them, and their official position is that he's an urban legend/folk hero. Batmobile/Batwing sightings are covered up. No ones actually believes this though, and the law enforcers who've worked in Gotham long enough know to stay out of his way. It's an open secret that Gordon's the only one who directly contacts him.

At least, that's my ideal. Some people might want a more friendly relationship.

Leevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 04:49 PM   #3
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
The GCPD avoids direct comment when someone brings up the fact that there's a giant bat doing their job for them, and their official position is that he's an urban legend/folk hero. Batmobile/Batwing sightings are covered up. No ones actually believes this though, and the law enforcers who've worked in Gotham long enough know to stay out of his way. It's an open secret that Gordon's the only one who directly contacts him.

At least, that's my ideal. Some people might want a more friendly relationship.
pretty much this

all that will change though once Batman comes into contact with Superman. Batman will become known and this will lead to the Justice League

at least, that's my take on it

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:00 PM   #4
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

There's been a couple of stories in different media where the GCPD viewed Batman as a dangerous vigilante that needed to be stopped, but after saving bunch of policemen's lives, he earned their respect and appreciation (grudgingly, but all in all very real) , and after a while they ended up tending to look the other way when Bats was involved, and in some cases (Gordon for one) actually working with him. I'd like to think, as Bats is supposed to have been around a while, that is about where they should be with each other.

*splat*

Last edited by Bathead; 03-08-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Bathead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 10:21 PM   #5
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I hope we get a Batman that, though working in the shadows, is a trusted and long time ally of Gordon and his inner circle of trusted advisors, staff and on the job detectives and beat cops. Not the whole of the GCPD, but enough to indeed be considered a working relationship. I've seen enough "Batman is hunted by the cops of Gotham" stories to last me a lifetime.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
dnno1
Side-Kick

I don't know how much of a role GCPD will have in this movie.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
Blitzkrieg Bop
Crazy Casbah Jive

Probably less than what the Daily Planet had to offer in Man of Steel.

Old 03-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #8
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

I want Bullock in the film. I loved Bullock in BTAS.

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 02:44 PM   #9
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Likely little to Zero.

*splat*
Old 03-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #10
Leevor
Side-Kick

I can see something like an introductory scene where Batman hands over some low-key villain like Killer Croc over to the GCPD before setting off to see who this Superman guy is. That could establish that he's a veteran and they know who he is.

Beyond that, I'd expect this movie to be more Metropolis-centric.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:09 AM   #11
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

If this is still a sequel to Man of Steel like how they are still claiming then IMO the GCPD should have no part in this movie.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:27 AM   #12
Bathead
The Oldest Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leevor View Post
I can see something like an introductory scene where Batman hands over some low-key villain like Killer Croc over to the GCPD before setting off to see who this Superman guy is. That could establish that he's a veteran and they know who he is.

Beyond that, I'd expect this movie to be more Metropolis-centric.
That's pretty much what I expect. All this speculation of what characters and stuff from Gotham will appear in the movie ... I think very little will make it over. Same goes for Themiscyra (SP?)

*splat*
Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 AM   #13
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bathead View Post
That's pretty much what I expect. All this speculation of what characters and stuff from Gotham will appear in the movie ... I think very little will make it over. Same goes for Themiscyra (SP?)
Agreed. This is still Supes' movie, so any key characters will either be from his turf or traveling to it, I'd say.

BatFan1979 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 09:04 AM   #14
Leevor
Side-Kick

Well, we know Alfred appears, so at least a little of Batman's universe will be there. I suppose he could be accompanying Bruce to Metropolis, though.

Old 03-10-2014, 11:43 AM   #15
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

I doubt we see GCPD maybe one or two scenes of Batman meeting Gordon on the rooftop that's a big if. We would be lucky if we see Gordon.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Two-Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:50 AM   #16
jolldan
Side-Kick

They need Gordon in the movie even if its only a little cameo. I wonder if they'll have Barbra in this one working with the police as well.

jolldan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 12:47 PM   #17
Superman Earth1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolldan View Post
They need Gordon in the movie even if its only a little cameo. I wonder if they'll have Barbra in this one working with the police as well.
Why do they need Gordon? If this were a Batman movie I would agree but this is a Superman movie with Batman guest appearing. The only person that should be there besides Bruce is Alfred, maybe Dick depending the story. You can reintroduce the cast of Gotham when they reboot Batman out of this and JL.

Superman Earth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:36 PM   #18
Afrobean
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman Earth1 View Post
Why do they need Gordon? If this were a Batman movie I would agree but this is a Superman movie with Batman guest appearing. The only person that should be there besides Bruce is Alfred, maybe Dick depending the story. You can reintroduce the cast of Gotham when they reboot Batman out of this and JL.
The only reason I can think of for them to have Gordon would be if Zack Snyder is interested in establishing the Gotham PD continuity before anyone else gets to play in this world. If Snyder REALLY wants someone to be cast, but otherwise isn't necessary in a Superman sequel, he could get them signed on a multi-picture deal and have them appear in what is effectively a cameo.

If it were me in Snyder's shoes, and I could talk him into doing it, I probably would bring in Bryan Cranston to cameo as Gordon in a prologue that introduces Batman. Then, when the solo Batman spin-off happens, Cranston would already be on board.

Afrobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2014, 07:26 AM   #19
Mach2Infinity
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I don't expect the GCPD to play a major if any role in the film. But Batman's relationship with the GCPD may play a little into the story in terms of whether he's public enemy number wih the authorities or not. I think with Batman and Superman

Mach2Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:52 AM   #20
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Well we could get the GCPD in batman's first scene maybe he and the cops are chasing some criminals.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote