The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 07-30-2013, 03:52 AM   #51
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: The [Superman and Batman] composer thread

Why not some orchestral score by James Horner?

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:50 AM   #52
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Does anyone even believe that Zimmer isn't coming back?

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 AM   #53
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Bring in two composers, like with BB, TDK and Inception. Let Zimmer handle the Superman/Metropolis stuff and someone else for Gotham and Batman. My personal choices are:

Thomas Newman (Skyfall)
Ramin Djiwadi (Iron Man, Pacific Rim)
Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross (The Social Network)

Can someone post this BB Batman theme? I only remember the same main theme throughout the trilogy

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #54
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I want Zimmer to return. I'm a continuity guy, same soundtrack, same cast etc etc. One thing (of many) I disliked about Iron Man 3 was its sudden change is soundtrack. It really made it separate from the films before.

Plus Zimmer's soundtrack was awesome and I'd love to see him develop it.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #55
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Zimmer

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #56
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Zimmer seems natural, plus he said he's got unused stuff from TDK, specifically a Batman "theme". So he could use that, and write new "Gotham" music.

Llama_Shepherd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:07 PM   #57
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Nothing would please me more if the narcissistic German media whore known as Hans Zimmer would just go away, but that ain't going to happen. There's no doubt Zimmer will return.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #58
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Nothing would please me more if the narcissistic German media whore known as Hans Zimmer would just go away, but that ain't going to happen. There's no doubt Zimmer will return.
Does Zimmer punch you in the face?

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #59
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i think danny elfman and john williams working together would be cool. never gonna happen though.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:37 PM   #60
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

James Newton Howard. NOT with Zimmer. Just alone.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:44 PM   #61
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Hans Zimmer is probably going to be it, unless James magically decides to do another Bat-film.

LibidoLoca is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM   #62
Rorschach2012
$

It'll be Zimmer, i'd be happy with someone else tho

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:58 PM   #63
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'm all for Zimmer coming back to do it...just switch up the Batman themes. I just didn't care for it at all which is why I was nervous when he was announced to score Man of Steel

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:11 AM   #64
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
James Newton Howard. NOT with Zimmer. Just alone.
I can't wait for another masterpiece of music like King Kong or Green Lantern.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 02:59 AM   #65
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Elevator Man's Zimmer hatred was particularly strong yesterday. It's ****ing comical actually.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 AM   #66
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

I'm always trigger-happy with the report button when it comes to Elevator Man. I'm glad he's still giving me reasons to be like this.

Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 AM   #67
shallbecomeabat
Yes, father...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
The composer for the first Iron Man movie
It will be fun watching their team-up with music like that, or even use a different style
You have to be kidding, right? You want to switch out the man who made some of the best scores of modern cinema (Inception, Dark Knight Trilogy, Thin Red Line and a lot more), with the guy who made one of the most forgettable superhero scores ever? You want Batman and Superman meet, while in the background music like from Iron Man plays? You know, with the classic rock influences and the uplifting cool rocker vibe?!?!?
I mean, come on.
If you liked the score on Iron Man, fine. Driving with the top down is a cool track, but something like that would fit horribly in a movie as epic as this. Apart from that,they won't change the tone for the next movie, so it will still be a pretty serious movie (which I LOVE), so they cannot change the mood of the score that much.

All Marvel movies had crap scores so far, and I know that WB won't go down that route.
They also won't change composers in the middle of a series, like Marvel did many times (which always boggles my mind).

I would bet money that Zimmer returns, since he just did a wonderful new theme for Superman and they won't cast that aside now.
I would look forward to the movie a lot less, if Zimmer wouldn't be involved. I loved his MoS score and still hear a few parts of it almost every day.
I really hope he reuses a lot of the great parts of the first one, adds a new Batman thing, thats a bit different from his old ones and we are good to go.

I mean I would love if he would incorporate his old Batman themes, but I don't think they will do that. It could confuse people.

shallbecomeabat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:16 AM   #68
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

To be fair, Ramin Djawadi has really grown as a composer since 2008. And especialyl since 2004 (Blade: Trinity). Not that I'd change Zimmer.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:29 AM   #69
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Words can not describe just how much I do not care for the first Iron Man's score. I'm not going to pull an Elevator Man and personally insult the composer but I will say that I do not enjoy his score at all. It barely qualifies as a score in my mind. I do not remember Iron Man 3's score but I remember being happy that that rockish crap was replaced by an attempt at a real score.

I have no problem with people who aren't fans of Zimmer's scores as this is all opinion based but personally insulting the man is a little odd.

Regarding Man of Steel, I loved what Zimmer came up with. I thought "Arcade" was wonderful and "Flight" was splendid and made me feel alive. I'd be kinda upset if he didn't come back, that's how much I enjoyed his work.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:44 AM   #70
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Nick Cave

Uroboric Forms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:46 AM   #71
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

If not Zimmer, then it would be really cool to hear what Michael Giachinno would have in store.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:28 AM   #72
Airwings
Waves of air

Ennio Morricone, because it will be surreal to have Batman and Superman in the same film.

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #73
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

@ Gianakin
Itís called freedom of speech. If I believe that Zimmer is an overrated, narcissistic, glutton thatís my opinion. But I forgot this is superherohype and when it comes to Zimmer youíre not allowed to have a differing or an opposing opinion. Unless itís a positive one or just high praise. But itís nothing wrong with saying ďZimmerís the greatest composer of all timeĒ and calling him ďthe next John WilliamsĒ . Oh yeah b/c you agree with that. But Iím not allowed to criticize him or his music? WHAT? Look if Hollywood, you, and the many Zimmer fans out there love Zimmer and his recycled regurgitated sounds he produces thatís labeled as music these days. Then fine. Good for you. At least somebodyís enjoying it. But this would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. Frankly Iím tired of him scoring every superhero tent pole movie he can get his hands on. Thatís why I believe heís a narcissistic glutton. I like variety and quality in film scores. Believe me you and a few others up here would be frustrated too if a composer you thought was mediocre ended scoring every major superhero tent pole movie. Iím only speaking my mind. If a movie (S&B Movie, TAS-M2) I had interest in was being scored by a composer I feel is the wrong choice then Iím going to speak up whether you want to hear my opinion or not. And whether you like it or not. Iím tired of the same overused, generic, clichťd music that we hear in most tent pole movies today. Itís not just Zimmer. Itís his cronies too. As well as Hollywood forcing composers to use Zimmerís techniques for these kinds of movies. If you and many love that generic approach, then fine. Donít expect me to hop on the bandwagon b/c Iím in the minority. I donít fall for the hype of his scores b/c I believe itís PR rubbish. You and many otherís want to fall for it then thatís your right.

@ I SEE SPIDEY
I couldnít care less if you found my opinions and criticisms on Zimmer comical. You may think itís comical but Iím serious as a heart attack. It seems that you and Gianakin are the only ones that have a problem with what I posted (which is my OPINION) about Zimmer. I'm getting the impression that when it comes to criticism of an idol of yours. Some of you can't handle or take it.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #74
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shallbecomeabat View Post
All Marvel movies had crap scores so far, and I know that WB won't go down that route.
I disagree with you about the Marvel scores. I don't know if you mean MCU films or Marvel films in general. Either way I can think of a few I prefer over Zimmer's TDKT and MOS scores. Kamen's X1, Ottman's X2, Powell's X3, Elfman's two Spidey scores and Hulk score, Doyle's Thor score, Silvestri's CA:TFA score, Horner's TAS-M score for example.

Oh and when it comes to the current DC film scores they've already taken a weak path, imo. They took the generic, droning, Zimmer path with TDKT, GL, and of course MOS.

Quote:
They also won't change composers in the middle of a series, like Marvel did many times (which always boggles my mind).
You're right about that. Who was scoring TAS-M2 again?

Quote:
I would bet money that Zimmer returns, since he just did a wonderful new theme for Superman and they won't cast that aside now.
I would look forward to the movie a lot less, if Zimmer wouldn't be involved. I loved his MoS score and still hear a few parts of it almost every day.
I really hope he reuses a lot of the great parts of the first one, adds a new Batman thing, thats a bit different from his old ones and we are good to go.

I mean I would love if he would incorporate his old Batman themes, but I don't think they will do that. It could confuse people.
Oh I believe Zimmer will return for the S&B movie unfortunately, since it's supposed to be a sequel to MOS.

And I disagree about Zimmer's Superman theme being wonderful. It was forgettable to my ears. And a disgrace to the character, imo.

Old 07-31-2013, 08:17 PM   #75
Zorex
No T, No Shade

There's no way it'll be anyone other than Zimmer. For better or worse, he's simply part of the brand, same as Goyer. I'd love if they brought someone in to collaborate with him, like Newton-Howard, and it would make sense given the film is about two big heroes coming together.

If I had my pick, though, I think it'd be awesome to see Howard Shore take on the scoring duties... solo.