The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 08-01-2013, 02:15 AM   #76
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Default Re: The [Superman and Batman] composer thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
It’s called freedom of speech. If I believe that Zimmer is an overrated, narcissistic, glutton that’s my opinion. But I forgot this is superherohype and when it comes to Zimmer you’re not allowed to have a differing or an opposing opinion. Unless it’s a positive one or just high praise. But it’s nothing wrong with saying “Zimmer’s the greatest composer of all time” and calling him “the next John Williams” . Oh yeah b/c you agree with that. But I’m not allowed to criticize him or his music? WHAT? Look if Hollywood, you, and the many Zimmer fans out there love Zimmer and his recycled regurgitated sounds he produces that’s labeled as music these days. Then fine. Good for you. At least somebody’s enjoying it. But this would be a boring world if we all agreed on everything. Frankly I’m tired of him scoring every superhero tent pole movie he can get his hands on. That’s why I believe he’s a narcissistic glutton. I like variety and quality in film scores. Believe me you and a few others up here would be frustrated too if a composer you thought was mediocre ended scoring every major superhero tent pole movie. I’m only speaking my mind. If a movie (S&B Movie, TAS-M2) I had interest in was being scored by a composer I feel is the wrong choice then I’m going to speak up whether you want to hear my opinion or not. And whether you like it or not. I’m tired of the same overused, generic, clichéd music that we hear in most tent pole movies today. It’s not just Zimmer. It’s his cronies too. As well as Hollywood forcing composers to use Zimmer’s techniques for these kinds of movies. If you and many love that generic approach, then fine. Don’t expect me to hop on the bandwagon b/c I’m in the minority. I don’t fall for the hype of his scores b/c I believe it’s PR rubbish. You and many other’s want to fall for it then that’s your right.
You are a grade A hypocrite and a troll.

Gianakin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:50 AM   #77
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

Quote:
@ Gianakin
It’s called freedom of speech. If I believe that Zimmer is an overrated, narcissistic, glutton that’s my opinion. But I forgot this is superherohype and when it comes to Zimmer you’re not allowed to have a differing or an opposing opinion.

I'm getting the impression that when it comes to criticism of an idol of yours. Some of you can't handle or take it.
Quote:
And I disagree about Zimmer's Superman theme being wonderful. It was forgettable to my ears. And a disgrace to the character, imo.

Better Call Saul

Last edited by Darkness Falls; 08-01-2013 at 03:01 AM.
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:51 AM   #78
Darkness Falls
The Right Amount Of Dirty

personally i hope zimmer does come back for Superman/batman, i really enjoy his scores

Better Call Saul
Darkness Falls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:28 AM   #79
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

He's not a troll, he's just a hater and he has the right to be.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 AM   #80
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Oh, he's a troll alright. This goes back to TDKR. He's doing the same thing, dropping a borderline obsessive remark which is insulting to the artist AND the person, playing the same tune over and over and over, and when he's called out on it, he plays the victim.

Old 08-01-2013, 04:08 AM   #81
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Oh, he's a troll alright. This goes back to TDKR. He's doing the same thing, dropping a borderline obsessive remark which is insulting to the artist AND the person, playing the same tune over and over and over, and when he's called out on it, he plays the victim.
I want to be clear that I am not defending him, he made a sexist remark towards me previously so of course I hold no affection in my heart towards the man.

I just see a troll as a particular thing. Your telling me that he engaged in the same kind of behavior in TDKR music thread will most certainly have me reivaluating my dirt low opinion of him. Maybe he isn't just an immature, personal insult driven man child, maybe he is a troll as well.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:22 AM   #82
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

TDKR, TASM, MoS, IM3 music threads, pick one. It's like an MO by now.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #83
Airwings
Waves of air

Default Re: Hans Zimmer to return for Batman vs. Superman?

James Horner and Howard Shore will both be better than Zimmer if we want a more classic soundtrack with heroic themes.
Or why not try something completely different and drag Morricone out of retirement?

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:17 PM   #84
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Sadly, Zimmer is part of the brand, plain and simple. I'm hoping he steps up his game next time around, because his stripped-down approach to MOS was ultimately unsatisfying to me.

Him coming back also presents the predicament of scoring Batman, again. Assumedly, this will be a new Batman unrelated to the Nolan trilogy. Quite a challenge for Zimmer to score two different iterations of the same character in the same decade. I don't think recycling previous Bat-score material of his is an option.

Old 08-01-2013, 09:37 PM   #85
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
The typical fanboy response when you haven't any argument.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:55 PM   #86
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Elevator Man, your problem is that you take it too far. It goes just beyond criticizing the music to the point where it comes across as a personal vendetta. And it's the same thing over and over in every thread. Everyone on this site who's been in any film score thread knows your opinion on Zimmer at this point. You're "that guy".

There are other Zimmer "haters" on this site who don't take it to that level. But it just seems like you try to get a reaction out of people. I mean you have an avatar mocking the guy for crying out loud. You shouldn't be surprised that people get annoyed at you and bite back. I think that's kind of what you're going for, no?

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
BatLobsterRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:44 AM   #87
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Zimmer will score what Snyder tells him to. Snyder wants a bat-theme? We'll get a bat-theme. We already got a Superman theme, so...

Old 08-02-2013, 01:48 AM   #88
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Yeah, I mean, ThePhantasm (and others) is a vocal Zimmer detractor around here, but the man states his opinion on the MUSIC, debates politely and moves on.

Elevator Man is something else.

Old 08-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #89
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Although I'd want a new theme, I'd also be pumped to hear the theme from TDKT.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to stick with the TDKT theme.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #90
Klidokrator
Side-Kick

My pick would be something out of the box. Like Bear McCreary or Alexandre Desplat.

But we all know that it will be Zimmer at the end of the day. And that he will re-arrange the theme from TDKR. Mark my words, he will say something in the lines "The essence of character is the same, so the theme remains the same but we make it more epic."

Old 08-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #91
Airwings
Waves of air

Mark Snow will do fine

Airwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:50 PM   #92
godisawesome
Side-Kick

If Zimmer were to reprise his role, I would expect him to keep up his strong record of excellent villain music, and I'd hope for him to stick his heroic arrangements in more of the film. I like the new Superman theme, but it was really only huge about twice in the entire film, and his Batman theme was held out of BB intentionally. When he's composing and inserting the music for people like Bane, Zod, Davy Jones, and especially the Joker, he knocks it out of the park. I'd just like to see him apply that mentality to his heroes.

-C.S. Lewis
godisawesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #93
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

There's something that tells me that Zimmer will decline this film. I think he'll decline just on the unenviable task of scoring a different Batman -- when he did the old one a mere four years ago. (And he did three Batman films already, so he'll be tapped out.)

I don't think the studio or producers will want a "old-fashioned" composer though... if they did, that would be terrific. They'd probably go for someone who can blend the styles together.

"Come Think With Us."
mclay18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:25 PM   #94
TheNextNolan22
**** THIS COMPANY

Christopher Drake is someone I would bring in to help compose with Zimmer. Zimmer can handle the Superman stuff and Drake could compose the Batman stuff.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
When it comes to Superman.....Make mine CAVILL
Dats dat.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:34 PM   #95
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

I really hope Zimmer comes back, his score for MOS was amazing, and I hate it when sequels have different scores to their predecessors.

One of the great things about seeing sequels is hearing that familiar music again at the start.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(3)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(4)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(5)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(6)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(7)Godzilla-8(8)Neighbours-8(9)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(10)The Lego Movie-7.5(11)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(12)Robocop-7.5(13)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(14)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(15)47 Ronin-6(16)The Monuments Men-5(17)Ride Along-5(18)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:16 PM   #96
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I didn't mind the score for MOS, while not as good as his work on BB, I still liked it, still doesn't change the fact though that it doesn't hold a candle to Williams' soundtrack, his Superman score remains the best of all time.

I wouldn't complain at all if they used it in the MOS follow up although I know they won't...

The best bit of the MOS soundtrack was the "If You Love These People" and Terraforming soundtrack, IMO.

I do wish James Horner was returning for TASM2 soundtrack, but I prefer Elfman's score anyway so I guess I'm not too mad...

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:21 PM   #97
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Let the man have his opinion.

He's entitled to it, I've never seen him before or heard it, and he's not entirely off base with some of the things he said.

It's not like he attacked you personally, friend.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #98
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
James Horner and Howard Shore will both be better than Zimmer if we want a more classic soundtrack with heroic themes.
Or why not try something completely different and drag Morricone out of retirement?
I'd be happy if either scored it, Howard Shore would be amazing.

I do wonder if Zimmer will even return to score it....I won't miss him if he goes, but if he does return I'd be curious to see what his "Luthor" theme is if he does one...

Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #99
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

I'm a huge fan of Shirley Walker's (RIP) Animated series theme. Zimmer or not, That is what I feel the new batman theme should feel like. It needs to be grand and theatric.

Chip Chipperson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #100
Bigjxxx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i think danny elfman and john williams working together would be cool. never gonna happen though.

A Williams-Elfman score is needed but the Nolanites / Zimmerites at WB and on here won't or don't get it.

Bigjxxx is offline   Reply With Quote