The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: One property back at Marvel today, the other lost to another studios for 20 years...
Spider-Man 44 63.77%
X-Men 25 36.23%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #26
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Get back a Marvel property today, at the cost of losing the other for 20 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Neither X-men or Spider-man.

I'd want Fantastic Four back at Marvel.

Mostly so I can see the Skrulls in an Avengers movie.

I agree, but the OP seemed to be "giving" us the FF already as a freebie by making a wild theoretical about Fox not moving forward with an FF movie. So, if the OP is giving us FF *and* Spidey or the X-Men, then it'd be Spidey, no question. The X-Universe has always operated more or less independently of the primary 616 universe anyway (in Ultimates, there's a lot more mix).

But if the hypothetical turns into a *three*-way horse race (Spidey, FF, or the X-Men), then it'd be a lot tougher call for me. I'd have to give the edge to getting the FF mythos into the MCU over the Spider-Man mythos then.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #27
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Default Re: Get back a Marvel property today, at the cost of losing the other for 20 years...

Are people really clamoring for a spidey & avengers team up though? I only want FF back as Marvel need Doom and Galactus...

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:55 PM   #28
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Spidey will fit in with the Avengers very well!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 01:31 AM   #29
Namor!
The Submariner!!!

Spiderman!!!!!!

Namor! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:07 AM   #30
flickchick85
Loose Seal
SHH! Moderator

I agree about wanting the F4 back, not because I actually care about the F4, but because I care about the major elements that come with them (Galactus, Skrulls, etc).

But of the two on the poll? Spidey. I'm actually very happy with Sony's current treatment of the character, and don't feel like Marvel needs to "save" him in any way, but he just seems so close to the MCU now (tonally/visually), that it feels to me like the current incarnation would fit right in so seamlessly, that they wouldn't need to reboot or change much of anything to get him in there. And hearing Andrew say on more than one occasion how much he wants to play with the Avengers, I can't help but think how fun it would be to see his Spidey bounce off of RDJ and the gang. Not so much as a regular Avenger (I believe Spidey belongs on the "street level" more than anything), but just in the same universe to interact with them and play a part outside of his own films on occasion.

I just don't have a desire to see the X-Men in the MCU. As others have mentioned, the Mutants bring with them a whole 'lotta baggage that I don't wish to see brought into the MCU any time soon.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 AM   #31
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Spider-Man on the Avengers? Hell yes! How much more money might Avengers have pulled in if Spider-Man had been on the team?

Captain Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #32
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Of course, I want them ALL under the Marvel umbrella. But, since the question is based on a scenario in which the FF has already been returned to Marvel Studios, my answer would be Spider-man. As has been stated by other posters, Marvel should have their primary character under their control for films. I've always thought that the Tobey McGuire version in particular would fit in well with the tone of Marvel Studios' films. Further, the MCU was originally supposed to be grounded in technology and science (albeit advanced), and Spidey's origin certainly fits that criterea.

Again, I WANT the X-Men in the MCU...certainly they would be rebooted, but even so, they would still bring a different, darker aspect to the cinematic universe that Marvel is creating. But again, if a choice had to be made, Spiderman is the better fit, and the X-Men are fine in their own universe/continuity (such as it is).

OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #33
Green Goblin

Marvel have kinda screwed with spidey though, he wouldn't be getting 4+ films like they are now planning. I don't want another Spidey reboot as TASM was closer to the comics and fits the more ultimate inspired MCU anyway. I'd rather have 6 Spider-Man films than a Avengers film with Spider-Man in it. Marvel should concentrate on getting Ant-Man in TA than Spidey.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 AM   #34
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

I chose X-Men, because even though they like to be on their own I feel they and mutantkind are important to the fabric of the MU, but I also understand that could be really hard to try and incorporate at this stage, the GA would be right to ask if mutants existed where the hell have they been all this time?

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:46 AM   #35
OnTheAir
Papa Spank
SHH! Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Marvel have kinda screwed with spidey though, he wouldn't be getting 4+ films like they are now planning. I don't want another Spidey reboot as TASM was closer to the comics and fits the more ultimate inspired MCU anyway. I'd rather have 6 Spider-Man films than a Avengers film with Spider-Man in it. Marvel should concentrate on getting Ant-Man in TA than Spidey.
I think Marvel Studios would use Spidey for much more than appearances in Avengers films. They would absolutely turn him into a solo franchise, possibly their primary solo franchise, to replace Iron Man.

"There are...no strings...on me..."
OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #36
Green Goblin

Yeah but I don't want another Spidey reboot. I was ok when it happened the first time as Spidey 3 is seen as a bad film and after 3 films it could have benifited from something new. We only started the new series and it's been barly fleshed out. I don't see how spidey connects with other characters, he's quite solo.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:24 PM   #37
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahran Ramsus View Post
I'd want X-Men. Spider-Man is more of a solo character and even in most crossovers he doesn't really fit in. Most of the time he could be cut without really changing the story any. The mutants on the other hand play a huge role in the larger Marvel universe. It is a shame not to have them at Marvel Studios.
I agree with everything but the bolded. X-Men/mutants are just a huge puzzle piece as to why all the wackiness goes on in the Marvel U(or at least a huge chunk of it). They'd bring more to the MCU than Spidey. Spidey is just one mutate amongst many(FF, Hulk, DD, etc.). He may be Marvel's most popular character but at the end of the day he is just ONE CHARACTER. This isn't really even close for me.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #38
kedrell

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
I chose X-Men, because even though they like to be on their own I feel they and mutant kind are important to the fabric of the MU, but I also understand that could be really hard to try and incorporate at this stage, the GA would be right to ask if mutants existed where the hell have they been all this time?
Obviously X-Men would need a complete reboot if this were to happen. And you can easy explain it all if basically you'd have the equivalent of XMFC set right now in the current day. Mutants are just now emerging into the public's consciousness and Xavier is about to form his school. It'd be easy to explain then.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #39
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

x-men is never ever ever gonna happen and the current fox iterations have been burned into the collective psyche at this point, for better or worse.

spidey would be great, but again its unlikely. the only glimmer of hope is the fact that Sony is in bad shape financially and might be willing to do a deal out of desperation.

FF clearly should be in Marvel's hands. The previous movies are just a vague ugly memory at this point, and the fact is that Joss Whedon would have a field day writing and either directing or producing a new movie. A no-brainer really.

Theres a gaping, FF shaped hole in the center of the MCU and I hope to god something happens to fix it.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #40
marcvader
Lurker #1
SHH! Moderator

FF would clearly be the property I'd want in the MCU but from the two on the list I choose X-men only cause I think Sony's done good by Spidey for the most part. X-men on the other hand has been so screwed up that I still don't feel I've seen the X-Men I grew up reading.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
GO PHINS
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:50 PM   #41
kedrell

Both FF and X-Men contribute considerably to the entire Marvel mythos. I'd say FF>X-Men>Spidey. Spider-man doesn't bring as much with him that would alter how the entire MCU is viewed or explained. FF and X-men DO because they are much bigger than just one character.

Old 07-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #42
Green Goblin

First Class and TASM were better received than all MS films bar IM and TA...

Old 07-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #43
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Neither X-men or Spider-man.

I'd want Fantastic Four back at Marvel.

Mostly so I can see the Skrulls in an Avengers movie.
This. But for several reasons.

A. Galactus/Silver Surfer/Reed Richards/Dr. Doom should also be back at Marvel.
B. Because I love what Sony is currently doing with Spider-Man
C. So X-Men are never a part of the MCU.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #44
Green Goblin

I agree FF should be at Marvel!

Old 07-28-2013, 10:13 PM   #45
kaijunexus
Marvel Cinematic Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree, but the OP seemed to be "giving" us the FF already as a freebie by making a wild theoretical about Fox not moving forward with an FF movie.
Wild theoretical?

You mean the one based on the fact that we have had no official casting announcements for a movie supposedly filming in a month or two...or that there wasn't single mention of a FF reboot at comic-con...or that Fox announced plans for an expanded "X-MEN cinematic universe" (notice the explicit lack of "F's")...or that Fox recently lost the Daredevil rights in the midst of their attempts at producing a reboot for that franchise?

Shall I go on?

Old 07-30-2013, 03:18 AM   #46
Creo
Side-Kick

Spidey for sure. X-Men would be very complicated to work into the MCU with how vast they. Spider-Man is an easy fit and brings along a lot of villains. Spider-Man has had a lot of presence in The Avengers over the 10-15, whereas the X-Men (outside of AvX and Wolverine) really haven't. They've been a big part of the Marvel universe, but they do tend to stick to themselves.

Spidey also has had ties to FF since his beginnings, so there's another easy tie in that makes a lot of sense.

Creo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:58 AM   #47
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

X-Men

For the most part Sony has done alright by Spider-Man.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:01 AM   #48
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

For the record, if Spidey doesn't cameo in Avengers 2 I will be suprised.
It benefits Sony and Marvel.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #49
Raiden
Hunk of Junk Soars

I think Spider Man would be a better fit in MCU than X Men. Plus, I think he could join the Avengers seamlessly, but with X Men they might to explain why Avengers got a free pass while mutants don't. However, FF works best with MCU and I hope Marvel can get the rights back soon.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:51 PM   #50
choskins
Side-Kick

Although I have loved the Spidey movies (except for 3), it's still the Webhead for me. I would love to see how Marvel would tie-in their biggest character to the MCU. Just imagine the little things Marvel could do, like handle the Green Goblin properly.

choskins is offline   Reply With Quote