The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 11-03-2014, 09:46 PM   #1
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Default Loki and Heimdall

Recently reported that we'd see these two demigods in Age of Ultron.

http://screenrant.com/avengers-3-4-i...om-hiddleston/

And I've just had an intriguing hypothesis as to why!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So we are all aware that a small to midsized segment of the film may have to do with Hydra, Strucker and his secret base housing the miracle twins. And after the Infinity War teaser we also have strong evidence that Strucker is in possession of an infinity stone (Loki's Scepter). Finally, after seeing the wood chopping chat between Cap and Stark we know that Thor takes off "for answers" and one of the Maximoffs "showed him" something.

My thoughts? Loki comes to earth to retrieve the Mind Stone, so that Thanos doesnt murder him (or even as part of a larger scheme, planned from the beginning) and Wanda reveals the illusion to Thor. Or perhaps she just reveals the illusion of Loki masquerading as Odin. Either way, Thor obviously finds this far more critical than Ultron and the mortal issues of Earth and requests a ferry ride from Heimdall.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
galmorzu
Demolord of Evil

Default Re: Loki and Heimdall

Ugh, read the article this came from. Elba seems to detest Marvel and the role itself completely and utterly. I hate reading this from actors who I think do a great job in a role and then see them trash it so hard and have no respect for it whatsoever. It completely removes any respect I have for them in it.

Great news, but from now on, I just feel so disappointed in seeing that character/actor because I know how much they detest playing that role. Such a 180 from Hiddleson who absolutely seems to love his role while STILL being able to enjoy more serious/grounded work.

galmorzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 10:48 PM   #3
Jaxon
Side-Kick

My guess would be post defeat of ultron Heimdall exposes Loki and summons Thor back. A scene at the end with Odin about to battle Surtur would be heaven

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 12:45 AM   #4
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by galmorzu View Post
Ugh, read the article this came from. Elba seems to detest Marvel and the role itself completely and utterly. I hate reading this from actors who I think do a great job in a role and then see them trash it so hard and have no respect for it whatsoever. It completely removes any respect I have for them in it.

Great news, but from now on, I just feel so disappointed in seeing that character/actor because I know how much they detest playing that role. Such a 180 from Hiddleson who absolutely seems to love his role while STILL being able to enjoy more serious/grounded work.
Well, I dont disagree with you. Alec Guiness, Hugo Weaving and the like tend to grind my gears when they spoke with such disdain about playing characters and films the rest of the world tends to love. Or for that matter Daniel Day Lewis (and now to an extent Joaquin Phoenix) who refuse to play them out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness (involuntary Ledger Joker reference). idk...

Although I will give Elba this, he deserves a much better, more leading role than he's playing at the moment. Hiddleston should be happy he was the lead antagonist in arguably the worlds most successful movie and practically carries a series named after his character's brother. I mean, his story is a bit different.

Old 11-04-2014, 12:57 AM   #5
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm also getting the feeling that Thanos has to appear post credits, and finally prove himself a badass.

Does this mean he murders Heimdall? Odin? Or the Odin who is actually Loki? That would certainly sell tickets to Thor: Ragnarok.

**** could get crazy in those 2 minutes.

Old 11-04-2014, 01:08 AM   #6
Jaxon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

**** could get crazy in those 2 minutes.
I ******* love a bit of crazy

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 03:10 AM   #7
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Loki's confirmed for AOU *and* both Infinity Wars, so he's in no danger of getting killed by Thanos or anyone else anytime soon.

And I doubt it would be a post-cred. "We're putting together a team" notwithstanding, all of the post-creds (that weren't jokes) set up the film immediately following, *not* a film that would be 2 years away.

According to some reports, AOU ends with the assembly of a new/revamped Avengers team at what seems to be the Avengers Academy, and Tony and Steve are present, saying goodbye to Thor who seems to be returning to Asgard.

So the scenario here is likely that, as part of the epilogue, Heimdall or Scarlet Witch reveal that Loki has usurped the Asgardian throne from Odin, and Thor has to return to set the kingdom aright.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:45 AM   #8
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Yeah that sounds about right. Dispell the illusion and get Thor en route to Asgard as the film closes.

Although equally I can see it being a vision of all not being right in Asgard, so Thor leaves the team temporarily for answers. He returns to deal with Ultron, but plans to go home after Midgard is safe

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:26 PM   #9
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

I'm psyched for this! I love how everything comes together and sets up the next movies. Every year for the next 5 years is going to be filled with Marvel movies. I'm cool with that.

I can't wait to see Thor's reaction when he finds out that Loki is not only alive, but ruling Asgard.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.

H.E.
Feenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #10
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

This really is going to be great. If AOU is when Thor realizes Loki is up to his trickery again it'll be fantastic.

drod1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #11
DarknessOfDeath
You light up my world

I like your avatar, CosmicPinchy

I am so excited for this movie more than ever!

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 06:19 PM   #12
MbJ
Side-Kick

I don't see what he's saying as unreasonable. He went from playing a civil rights icon to a space viking doorman who really didn't get to do much in a mediocre movie that had a lot of grueling reshoots and last minute script changes. I can see why that'd grind his gears.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #13
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I don't see what he's saying as unreasonable. He went from playing a civil rights icon to a space viking doorman who really didn't get to do much in a mediocre movie that had a lot of grueling reshoots and last minute script changes. I can see why that'd grind his gears.
I can see that too but it's still depressing and distressing to hear.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #14
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drod1985 View Post
This really is going to be great. If AOU is when Thor realizes Loki is up to his trickery again it'll be fantastic.
I'm hoping it leads to this.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Smashlilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 11:03 AM   #15
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by MbJ View Post
I think Marvel/Joss are more concerned about letting the cat out of the bag that not only he’s in the movie, but Hiddleston as well. And from a fan's standpoint, it's nice to see actors who really take pride and enjoy the rolls they play like Hiddleston and RDJ.

Last edited by drod1985; 11-05-2014 at 11:09 AM.
Old 11-05-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Maybe Idris is sore from not getting Black Panther.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:41 PM   #17
LEGO Spidey
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Maybe Idris is sore from not getting Black Panther.
If he hated doing a couple of stunts as Heimdall, imagine if he got to play T'Challa for 3-4 movies...

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes!!!
LEGO Spidey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2014, 02:25 PM   #18
MbJ
Side-Kick

But at least he doesn't have a dumb hat.

MbJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 01:46 AM   #19
Feenix
Formerly CosmicPinchy

So I just watched The Mask, and in it, the professor tells Stanley that the mask is a representation of Loki, the Norse God of Mischief. Stanley then says that Loki lives in the mask.

I never made the connection before. It makes The Mask that much more interesting to watch haha.

“I’m bored” is a useless thing to say. I mean, you live in a great, big, vast world that you’ve seen none percent of. Even the inside of your own mind is endless, it goes on forever, inwardly, do you understand? The fact that you’re alive is amazing, so you don’t get to say “I’m bored.” - Louis C.K.

H.E.
Feenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 07:53 AM   #20
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

So what you're saying is, that The Mask is the prequel to Thor? #ItsAllConnected

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #21
drod1985
Ragnarock n' Roll

The Mask/Jim Carrey confirmed for Infinty War.

Old 11-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #22
Venomfan
Side-Kick

it friggin sucks that he spoiled these cameos

Old 11-15-2014, 03:23 PM   #23
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Ugh, read the article this came from. Elba seems to detest Marvel and the role itself completely and utterly.
To be fair, he's utterly wasted in a meaningless and insignificant role that could be filled by a mediocre television actor, much less a star of his calibre.

He's basically playing a glorified elevator operator, he's clearly doing it for the money and not because Heimdall has any sort of interesting arc or compelling scenes, and yet people get upset when he is honest about his reasons for doing it? There's no requirement that he fawn over this role.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.

Last edited by ThePhantasm; 11-15-2014 at 03:30 PM.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #24
voyzovrezon
nobody's fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feenix View Post
So I just watched The Mask, and in it, the professor tells Stanley that the mask is a representation of Loki, the Norse God of Mischief. Stanley then says that Loki lives in the mask.

I never made the connection before. It makes The Mask that much more interesting to watch haha.
Found this: Apparently there were 2 Mask films, each one featured Ben Stein.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 11-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #25
scatterax
Presented in Technicolor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Loki's confirmed for AOU *and* both Infinity Wars, so he's in no danger of getting killed by Thanos or anyone else anytime soon.

And I doubt it would be a post-cred. "We're putting together a team" notwithstanding, all of the post-creds (that weren't jokes) set up the film immediately following, *not* a film that would be 2 years away.

According to some reports, AOU ends with the assembly of a newrevamped Avengers team at what seems to be the Avengers Academy, and Tony and Steve are present, saying goodbye to Thor who seems to be returning to Asgard.

So the scenario here is likely that, as part of the epilogue, Heimdall or Scarlet Witch reveal that Loki has usurped the Asgardian throne from Odin, and Thor has to return to set the kingdom aright.
So the thought is we would be trading thor for the twins and vision in the next avengers movie so that thor can have his next movie nine world/asguard dedicated, and not worry about earth for a while? Sounds beneficial for everyone!

I wonder how they will handle thor dethroning Loki without it being a repeat of thor1. The best way I can think of is for thor to see thanos attack the kingdom and steal the gauntlet and tesseract in AoU, and not realize who Loki is until well into ragnerok.

4) The Dark Knight Rises 5) The Incredible Hulk 6) Scott Pilgrim vs The World
7)X-Men:Days of Future Past 8) X-Men:First Class 9) Thor 10) Spider-Man 2
scatterax is offline   Reply With Quote