The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Old 04-22-2015, 02:03 PM   #1
speno94
Side-Kick

Default SPOILERS INSIDE What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiques

Hi everyone, like I did in the Guardians of the Galaxy Forum, I wanted to create this thread for Avengers: Age of Ultron.

I was just wondering what minor/major flaws you had with the film (if any) and what elements they could have improved on and what you would liked to have seen, but didn't see etc. You could put them in bullet points:

- What you would of liked to have seen in the film, but didn't get

- Major/minor flaws

- What they could have improved on

speno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:10 PM   #2
Drz
Real Hero

Default Re: What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiques

- Killing off Baron Strucker
- Killing off Quicksilver
- Ultron pulling off so many quips while trying to be Winter Soldier serious, it just didn't work for me, butn i did like how "human" they made Ultron, perhaps his quips being part of his flaws just didn't get hit me right.
- Hulk being the coward in the relationship, be a man! Get the girl! :b

"This should be agony. I should be a mass of aching muscle — broken, spent, unable to move. And, were I an older man, I surely would... But I'm a man of 30 — of 20 again. The rain on my chest is a baptism. I'm born again."
Drz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:26 PM   #3
-VisionsVision-
Kylo Ren

Default Re: What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiques

- Bruce and Natasha love story
- Hawkeye family backstory
- Thors pointless mission
- Lack of Vision screen time
- How easily Ultron was defeated

"Tell me, do you bleed? YOU WILL!"
-VisionsVision- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:50 PM   #4
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Ultron as the centerpiece villain. His motivations and actions were a little muddled, wasn't imposing enough with James Spader's voice slightly wasted. The Ultron bots action beats felt similar to TA1's Chitauri. Stark's character development seemed off in the way that it didn't seem to follow from IM3, i.e. he's back in his suit. Thor's development, or lack thereof, was neither here nor there either.

PacificBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 02:52 PM   #5
-VisionsVision-
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
Ultron as the centerpiece villain. His motivations and actions were a little muddled, wasn't imposing enough with James Spader's voice slightly wasted. The Ultron bots action beats felt similar to TA1's Chitauri. Stark's character development seemed off in the way that it didn't seem to follow from IM3, i.e. he's back in his suit. Thor's development, or lack thereof, was neither here nor there either.
So much truth. I feel the same.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #6
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by -VisionsVision- View Post
So much truth. I feel the same.
In another less entertaining and deftly handled movie it would have been huge problems for me, but here it just felt as wasted opportunities more than anything.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:57 PM   #7
-VisionsVision-
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificBoy View Post
In another less entertaining and deftly handled movie it would have been huge problems for me, but here it just felt as wasted opportunities more than anything.
Yeah don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the movie.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Same here. A lot.

Old 04-22-2015, 04:48 PM   #9
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

I'll copy the cons from my review

-A lot of the humor didn't land. Very cheesy, and some jokes went on for way too long.
-Ultron is good in terms of voice performance and CGI, but he doesn't feel threatening at all. They tried to make him deep with his talk about human evolution, but it's just nonsensical. Another weak villain in the MCU.
-Too much stuff going on at the same time. I was extremely confused at certain points during the climax, because I didn't know what the Avengers were trying to accomplish exactly.
-Convenient and cliché plot devices. "oh, Ultron escaped through the internet and is going through every database on earth to find nuclear launch codes!" We've seen this a thousand times before, and it's so lame that I'm indifferent to Ultron's actions. Also, at one point Thor runs off with his professor body to bathe in a pool, and when he comes back to the team he shares some kind of epiphany that isn't shown or explained.

Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:17 PM   #10
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

I'm wondering what was cut from the movie because some of what they left in seemed pointless. Selvig was completely unnecessary and Dr Cho commenting about the party "Will Thor be there?" and then ..... nothing .....why bother? Black Widow also had some godawful lines to Banner in that party scene. Less seductress and more ""Oops, forgot to take my medication!"

itchyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #11
Greens
I am Danny DeVito

The whole water thing with Selvig had me scratching my head. Maybe it was explained in a Thor movie and it slipped my mind?

Greens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:18 PM   #12
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I'm not sure Ultron and his behavior worked for me

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:24 PM   #13
Boom
I got nothin'

Just skimming some comments here.

So is this becoming a case of having too many characters to juggle? Because we still have Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Captain Marvel to throw into the mix yet.

Old 04-22-2015, 06:39 PM   #14
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

-The Hulk and Black Widow romantic subplot felt like it came out of nowhere for me.
-Falcon not appearing in the final battle (or did I miss him?)
-Towards the end Ultron didn't feel like the threat he was supposed to be.
-Quicksilver dying. This really made me sad. I can't see him and Wanda being apart. They have such a good dynamic. I just hope he can be returned in later MCU movies.

But overall, I enjoyed the movie a lot. Gonna watch it a couple of times in the next two weeks.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:55 PM   #15
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Ultrons story was messy. Also, it was never explained why Stark returned. At the end of IM3 it was made out like he retired. No explanation here for that.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:58 PM   #16
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Tony didn't retire in IM3.

TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #17
Webfoot Hero
West Coaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Ultrons story was messy. Also, it was never explained why Stark returned. At the end of IM3 it was made out like he retired. No explanation here for that.
He never retired; he just didn't feel he needed all the suits he had made to be a hero. That didn't exactly preclude him from still building a suit or two to help out the Avengers.

If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you die, walk it off."--Captain America
Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:15 PM   #18
Dawn11

- Quicksilver death. Didn't feel emotional.
- Thor side story
- The last Vision vs Ultron scene. (just like that?)
- Dr. Cho. Bland.

Dawn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:19 PM   #19
jmc
callin' it like I see it

yeah, Thor's side story was kinda pointless.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:24 PM   #20
Dawn11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
yeah, Thor's side story was kinda pointless.
He's missing in action and suddenly. Bam! solved the problem.

But I really like Thor here. He's so funny

Dawn11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 07:49 PM   #21
gatacus
Newbie First Class

Cool Re: What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiques

My flaws are more nit picks which didnt ruin the movie for me and still dont bother me that much.

-The black widow/hulk romance felt a little forced and strange.
- Baron Strucker dying.
- Hardly no Falcon Screen time.
- Thor going off on his own mission/ Quest.
- Ultron got new body quite fast,but meh.

gatacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM   #22
Boom
I got nothin'

How did Ultimate Ultron look?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:16 PM   #23
matt47
Side-Kick

First long tracking shot had awful CGI.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #24
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
How did Ultimate Ultron look?
Not that different from his other forms.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #25
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Default Re: SPOILERS INSIDE What you didn't like about Avengers: Age of Ultron - Flaws/Critiq

The Hulk Widow romance, the Thor mission and Ultron's jokes and lack of threat keep to seem coming up. Oh and the deaths.