The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-06-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

I hope Batroc comes back in this or captain America 3. maybe ultron causes a breakout at a prison where he is being held. Batroc was awesome!!!

Old 04-06-2014, 09:12 PM   #4
AlexanderLykins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultron-5 View Post
I hope Batroc comes back in this or captain America 3. maybe ultron causes a breakout at a prison where he is being held. Batroc was awesome!!!
This has to be the case. S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra are all but finished. So say hello to all of the imprisoned supervillains breaking out or being broken out.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #5
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
I haven't seen the movie, but I NEVER thought I'd read that statement.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:17 PM   #6
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Yeah, I think the MCU is going to take any of the joke characters and ramp up their danger level.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

It was pretty funny seeing this....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENTyo37yCA

Also, I'm not sure if these pictures were posted as of yet...

Old 04-06-2014, 09:29 PM   #8
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Looks like Audi wasn't a fan of seeing Stark drive an Acura and have ponied up to be the car sponsor in AoU.

HERESY!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #9
Ultron-5
Hail HYDRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderLykins View Post
This has to be the case. S.H.I.E.L.D. and Hydra are all but finished. So say hello to all of the imprisoned supervillains breaking out or being broken out.
Yes! This must mean we're gonna get leader, batroc, crossbones, abomination, and graviton as a possible masters of evil... hmmm I wonder if cap will lead his kooky quartet against the masters of evil, led by baron zemo and madame hydra, in cap 3.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:42 PM   #10
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

I can't remember because there was a kid crying at that point in the film (Who the hell brings a toddler to an action film?) but didn't Batroc escape at the start?

I thought they didn't capture him.

HERESY!
Old 04-06-2014, 09:44 PM   #11
Destined
BOSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I can't remember because there was a kid crying at that point in the film (Who the hell brings a toddler to an action film?) but didn't Batroc escape at the start?

I thought they didn't capture him.
He was captured later. Pierce showed Cap video of them questioning him. Not sure how legit that was though.

Old 04-06-2014, 10:31 PM   #12
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
He was captured later. Pierce showed Cap video of them questioning him. Not sure how legit that was though.
That's right I remember now.

HERESY!
Old 04-06-2014, 10:43 PM   #13
Mr. Dent

Quote:
Yes! This must mean we're gonna get leader, batroc, crossbones, abomination, and graviton as a possible masters of evil... hmmm I wonder if cap will lead his kooky quartet against the masters of evil, led by baron zemo and madame hydra, in cap 3.
unlikely, is all I will say

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 04-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

I wonder how they'll address Banner's absence. He was mentioned a couple of times in TWS but they never thought to contact him lol

Old 04-06-2014, 11:20 PM   #15
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

No offense, but who would on purpose call the Hulk in on anything? Everybody seems to think that Banner has 100% infallible control on things... Have you ever read the character is all I have to say about that. There's a reason that the Hulk was retroactively taken out of the founders Avenger's roster. In fact, I have feeling that Hulk will not be an official part of the MCU team at the end of A2, even if he does appear in A3.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:24 PM   #16
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
No offense, but who would on purpose call the Hulk in on anything? Everybody seems to think that Banner has 100% infallible control on things... Have you ever read the character is all I have to say about that. There's a reason that the Hulk was retroactively taken out of the founders Avenger's roster. In fact, I have feeling that Hulk will not be an official part of the MCU team at the end of A2, even if he does appear in A3.
Hulk is way too unpredictable to be reliable. He's someone you aim at the bad guys when all else fails.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 PM   #17
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
I actually hope they use the Send him into space/Planet Hulk route for Phase 3.

A Planet Hulk movie would be so badass. I've heard they don't want to do it thought because Bruce Banner would hardly be in it if at all.

HERESY!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:54 PM   #18
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
No offense, but did you watch the end of The Avengers? He seemed to have it under control. He would have been quite handy during that final act of TWS when they needed to break through Hydra's defenses.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:01 AM   #19
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I actually hope they use the Send him into space/Planet Hulk route for Phase 3.

A Planet Hulk movie would be so badass. I've heard they don't want to do it thought because Bruce Banner would hardly be in it if at all.
Planet Hulk would be OFF THE CHAIN and the lack of Banner is meaningless and easily solved by simply writing more Banner into the script. They aren't beholden to the exact plot of the comic, after all.

Take Bixby-era Lonely Man, change 'wandering highways' to 'exiled on alien planet', add gladiators and aliens and bam!

Old 04-07-2014, 12:03 AM   #20
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Dude, it's a great "rah-rah" moment with Banner when he smashes the Leviathan... But c'mon son!!! It's the Hulk. Banner in control has kind of never worked out in the long run with the character in the source material. Why would anyone suspect that it's going to work out for the long run in the MCU? If anything, it's kind of boring if Bruce can just turn it on and off like a switch. Where's the drama? Where's the pathos? If the Hulk is just a power that Banner has control of... He's lost something that is essential to the character. Besides, I am not someone that thinks Bannner's statement was one indicating he had control. To me it's more like, "I know how easily I can go off." That shows Banner has taken the time to do some serious self examination, but not necessarily that he's now suddenly Superman in ripped pants. And that's ok. Superman in ripped pants is not what the character is or should be.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 AM   #21
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

I didn't read that bit as "Banner is in control" so much as "Banner can force a Hulk out when he wants". Maybe I missed something tho

Old 04-07-2014, 12:09 AM   #22
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I didn't read that bit as "Banner is in control" so much as "Banner can force a Hulk out when he wants". Maybe I missed something tho
Yeah thats what I saw it as.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:16 AM   #23
Roose Bolton
Blood of the First Men

Quote:
Dude, it's a great "rah-rah" moment with Banner when he smashes the Leviathan... But c'mon son!!! It's the Hulk. Banner in control has kind of never worked out in the long run with the character in the source material. Why would anyone suspect that it's going to work out for the long run in the MCU? If anything, it's kind of boring if Bruce can just turn it on and off like a switch. Where's the drama? Where's the pathos? If the Hulk is just a power that Banner has control of... He's lost something that is essential to the character. Besides, I am not someone that thinks Bannner's statement was one indicating he had control. To me it's more like, "I know how easily I can go off." That shows Banner has taken the time to do some serious self examination, but not necessarily that he's now suddenly Superman in ripped pants. And that's ok. Superman in ripped pants is not what the character is or should be.
The whole story arc that Banner went through in that film wasn't that the Hulk was an unstable, crazed beast, but that he had a heroic nature inherent to him. As Tony puts it, the Hulk was created to save Banner and it's pointed out that when he went on his rampage in the Helicarrier he deliberately missed a populated area when he came down. He saved a building full of people from a Leviathen, he saved Tony. He's not some mad dog, he's not the villain. He's a savage, but he has nobility. I don't think it's Banner manipulating Hulk or anything like that, I think it's a case of Banner not making things worse than they are by trying to suppress the Hulk out of fear. He's embraced that the Hulk is capable of great good, and as a result of that Hulk himself has embraced that.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:26 AM   #24
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Hulk can be inherently noble and still be something that Banner has fear of since Hulk is fueled by Banner's anger and is not, shall we say, a precision instrument. Banner was still worried about what he does as the Hulk as late as when he crashed in the Jersey compound ole Harry Dean found him in. "Did I hurt anyone?" was the second thing he asked about when he woke up. Hulk can be heroic, no doubt. Hulk can also be an unthinking rage machine. That's the paradox of the character and what makes him less than ideal to be part of an elite force like the Avengers to my eyes. It seems that Marvel Comics editorial has the similar thinking given the past 4 decades of the character's history in the books.

Old 04-07-2014, 12:32 AM   #25
Rock Sexton
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Just want to say that Whedon's cut his work cut out for him after what I just watched today with CA:TWS.

Closed Thread