Default Re: Pokemon: The Original Series Talk

I'm just being a jerk :P

TheLastBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 12:34 AM   #302
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I know.

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 06:54 AM   #303
Victarion
Cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
You all are following the anime right now? You watched all the 800+ episodes?
No; the last episodes I watched were the Johto ones were Totodile fell in love with another water-type. Might have been Azumarill. I have finished Pokémon: the Origin. Excellent adaption of the Gen 1 games.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:01 AM   #304
Donut
Side-Kick

Rooster Teeth

Gus vs. Burnie: Pokemon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS1OCqreoZA

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 08:19 PM   #305
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

You know, given that the Kalos region is modeled after France/Europe, I feel like Team Plasma’s look would be have more appropriate for Team Flare (the whole Medieval Knights costumes).

I wonder how they’ll go about doing movies from this generation given that we only have, as far as I know, 3 Legendary Pokemon, with two of them being the mascots of Y and X.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #306
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh yeah and there were even Pokemon inspired by all that medieval stuff like knights and swords, such as Chestknaught, Doublade and its evolution, etc.

Good point.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2013, 04:47 PM   #307
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Who saw today's episode? Claire was back! And we had a flashback to Johto!

Good times....good times....

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 10-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #308
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Wow, cool!

I still need to catch up with episodes left in B/W.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:27 PM   #309
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So has anyone seen the English dubbed versions of the Pokemon Origins special?

Old 11-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #310
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

So today marked one of the final episodes of Unova. We said goodbye to Iris and Cilan and we're super close to the new adventures in Kalos.

Some pet peeves aside I really did like B/W. Iris was cool and I liked all the rivals that repeatedly showed up along the way. The preview for Kalos was promising and I hope we get a good long journey out of this next group!

Old 12-07-2013, 04:46 AM   #311
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

lol; I love the fact that out of all of the "goodbye" episodes that the series has had regarding Ash separating from his traveling companions, that this one with Cilan and Iris was the least emotional one.....just goes to show on how forgettable both characters are compared to previous traveling companions.

And I can't wait to see more episodes featuring the Kalos region. I hope it's a lot better than the Unova one..MUCH BETTER.

Old 12-07-2013, 04:51 AM   #312
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Well the animating budget went up so now there's actual "live" backgrounds if you will. Kotaku had a brief article on it.

Black & White on the left and X & Y on the right:

So at least the animation will look better.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #313
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Let's just hope that the story will be better.

And I really hope that they allow Ash to mega evolve one of his pokemon in the series.

Old 12-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #314
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I think it'll be better, especially with Serena adding an interesting mix to the team. Kalos starts next week!....sort of....anyway, can't wait!

Yeah the goodbye to Iris and Cilan was kind of weak, especially for Iris who I think liked Ash despite her whole "such a kid" routine. Oh well. I'm sad we didn't see Tracy today, although Ash did reference every past companion he's had so that was awesome!

Old 12-10-2013, 11:26 AM   #315
King Marvel
Newbie First Class

I remember when I first saw pokemon. I came home the first day of first grade, turned on the TV to a local channel to watch cartoons, and the theme song started. I was hooked immediately (and it was the first episode, too, which was nice). I went all the way through his Kanto adventures, and then I think the channel stopped carrying the episodes (this was in the 90's, when a lot of people like my family got our TV stations with antennas ) so I didn't get to see much of the orange islands. I caught some of the Johto adventures, but not much, and its not something I feel like watching anymore. That said, I could probably watch any of the Kanto episodes and still enjoy them.

The kanto series had so many classic moments, and parts that left me confused. I still remember the episode where Ash visits Oak and sees his herd of tauros, which he apparently caught in the Safari Zone. Not knowing about the never released in the US Safari zone episode, I was a bit confused. Heck, I was more confused about that earlier when they had the episode with the kid raised by Kangaskhan. If you just see that, it makes it sound like the whole safari zone in the anime is just a reserve where you can't catch pokemon, which is a lot different from the game.

There were also a lot of classic gym leaders, although many are really bad when you think about it. They're supposed to be available to trainers and basically be used as stepping stones to the Indigo League by testing the trainers. What we got was a gym leader who was gender biased to the point where they wouldn't fight boys (Erica), a gym leader who trapped people as dolls with her Psychic powers (Sabrina) and gym leaders who would literally just give out a badge so that they didn't need to battle (Misty's sisters). Overall, the pokemon league sure had some deadbeats on the payroll

Overall, I'll always look back on it as a classic show from when I was a kid.

King Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #316
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Get this. Cartoon Network aired a classic Pokémon episode today. Yeah they're not showing X/Y yet, instead....they showed the episode where Ash caught Bulbasaur!!!!

That's awesome!!!! I hope they keep that up until they show X/Y, it's so amazing to look back, here the voices, and see the differences in animation from then and now.

Man I love Pokémon.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #317
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Curious, out of ALL of the pokemon that Ash has back with Professor Oak that are capable of Mega Evolution (either presently or in their future evolution stages), which one of his pokemon would you guys love to see for him to call back for his Kalos journey and eventually be given the ability to mega evolve?

1. Bulbasaur (should it ever be allowed to evolved all the way to its final evolution stage of course)

2. Charizard

3. Heracross

4. Gible (same case like Bulbasaur's)

I'm still hoping that Ash will be able to assemble a team in the Kalos region that will be as strong as his Sinnoh team was; now that was by far his strongest line up in the series.

Though I get the feeling that his team will be similar to his "Hoenn" line up...I mean when you think about it, the Kalos journey is a lot like his Hoenn journey....young toddler as one of his companions....two of his traveling partners also have starter pokemons while he only has one..etc.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:36 PM   #318
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Heracross would be epic! He honestly is one of my favorite Pokémon of Ash's team period. Charizard got his time back in the spotlight with Unova, so I think they might lean away from him.

We also can't rule out that Ash might catch a Pokémon that can Mega-Evolve. Never know. Doesn't Kalos have the fewest new Pokémon of all the regions? So some cross-region team wouldn't be out of the question.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:03 PM   #319
Lunar_Wolf
WTF face

Going back and watching from the start. Stopped watching the show during the second generation.

Lunar_Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:28 PM   #320
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

If you hurry (see? that's funny because your Avatar is the Flash!) you can watch them all before X/Y comes on.

I know, I know, you'll be back in a Flash.

Old 01-05-2014, 06:18 PM   #321
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I'm still hoping that Ash will be able to assemble a team in the Kalos region that will be as strong as his Sinnoh team was; now that was by far his strongest line up in the series.
Ash in Sinnoh was probably the highlight of his career. He evolved a lot of pokemon there. Unova was probably his lowest point.

Old 01-06-2014, 04:44 AM   #322
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
Ash in Sinnoh was probably the highlight of his career. He evolved a lot of pokemon there. Unova was probably his lowest point.
Hmm...well, I don't think that's necessarily true when it comes to the amount of pokemon that had evolved. Let's see....

In Sinnoh, he only had 5 of his pokemon evolve (Starpator, Infernape, Toreterra, Quilava, Gliscor)

While in Unova, he also had 5 pokemon evolve as well (Unfezant, Pignite, Krookodile, Boldore, Leavanny)

I think the only reason why it felt like he didn't have a strong team during his Unova travels is that none of his Starter pokemon had evolved to their final stages, along with how it was mainly the pokemon that he switched in and out that evolved mostly.

Old 01-07-2014, 01:38 AM   #323
TheLastBlade
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Hmm...well, I don't think that's necessarily true when it comes to the amount of pokemon that had evolved. Let's see....

In Sinnoh, he only had 5 of his pokemon evolve (Starpator, Infernape, Toreterra, Quilava, Gliscor)

While in Unova, he also had 5 pokemon evolve as well (Unfezant, Pignite, Krookodile, Boldore, Leavanny)

I think the only reason why it felt like he didn't have a strong team during his Unova travels is that none of his Starter pokemon had evolved to their final stages, along with how it was mainly the pokemon that he switched in and out that evolved mostly.
I think it's more on disappointment, rather than the worst. Perhaps it's more of the expectation on improving his team compared to Sinnoh... Instead, it presented a lot of BS reasons why Ash keeps losing (that lucario thing was really ridiculous). Plus, not a lot of Ash's pokemon made it into their final evolutions.

Old 01-07-2014, 06:01 AM   #324
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastBlade View Post
I think it's more on disappointment, rather than the worst. Perhaps it's more of the expectation on improving his team compared to Sinnoh... Instead, it presented a lot of BS reasons why Ash keeps losing (that lucario thing was really ridiculous). Plus, not a lot of Ash's pokemon made it into their final evolutions.
Agreed; not to mention, he was really made into a idiot in favor of making Iris look great, who was by far the most irritating female companion that Ash has had on the show.

That, and I can't believe Ash had to use the Pokedex on pokemon that he's encountered several times in the past. And I think it was a REALLY BIG missed opportunity for the show to not incorporate the Black 2 and White 2 story line featuring Team Plasma trying to freeze Unova, let alone on how they were used on the show ultimately.

And the filler season involving them traveling the islands was also the worst that I've seen.

Old 01-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #325
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Now hold on, doing the island hop wasn't all bad. We got to see some really great episodes, including some flashbacks to the original series. There was some cheesiness no doubt, but some of them were really good.