The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 07-30-2013, 04:26 PM   #51
precita

Default Re: Pokemon: The Original Series Talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMMMM...Dounuts View Post
I stopped watching sometime during Johto and came back sometime during Hoenn, then stopped again and came back right before Battle Fronteir and enjoyed those episodes, then started Diamound/Pearl and stopped again, haven't watched a new episode since. I haven't even played the Black/White games.
Its actually quite easy to marathon the show online.

precita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM   #52
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by precita View Post
Its actually quite easy to marathon the show online.
Thanks, but I'm not interested in watching the new episodes.

***Wrestling Thread Crew***
MMMMM...Pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #53
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

B/W is still worth the watch it has some very entertaining episodes. They're actually on the way back to Kanto now before they start X/Y.

Lord: For something that apparently doesn't work Pokémon is still on the air. The magna is great but it's a comic. Comics and tv have always had a divide in terms of what they can show and what changes they make.

Everyone can relate to Ash in one way or the other and the bond with Pikachu is something they don't want to replicate I guess. Yes I hate that they reset him, especially for B/W but honestly when he went to Hoenn it was fine. They needed to reset him because he had all these epically strong Pokémon and it was cool for him to "start all over again" as the theme song said.

Ok since the Gym Leader thing stalled how favorite Pokémon standout episode? To hard to understand? Ok here let me give you my example.

In the first battle of the Indigo Plateau Ash used Krabby. I Pokémon we hadn't even seen since he got it near the beginning. It looked like he would be wiped off the face of the earth but instead he evolves and beats three Pokémon on it's own including using Hyper Beam. That's an all time classic moment.

So what episodes made you want to stand up and say, "Dang, I have to have that Pokémon!"

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic

Last edited by BlackMagicWolf; 07-30-2013 at 05:17 PM.
BlackMagicWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 06:34 PM   #54
precita

Ash's Corphish was amazing. I never thought much of the pokemon until I saw it in the anime.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #55
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Corphish was awesome. Wow we have two crabs right off the bat.....that sounds wrong somehow....

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 07-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #56
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Wow, Misty kissing the pokeball and then choosing Gyarados and using Flamethrower! I love Misty Hope I see her in a few cameos of her after Hoenn.

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:37 PM   #57
precita

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Wow, Misty kissing the pokeball and then choosing Gyarados and using Flamethrower! I love Misty Hope I see her in a few cameos of her after Hoenn.
Hate to burst your bubble, but Misty never appears in the anime again past the Hoenn era. She appears at Pallet town for a few episodes after Ash comes home from the Hoenn league, but she never appears again after that aside from flashbacks.

At that point Misty's relevance to the anime faded after being gone for so long, so the writers had no reason to bother with her anymore. She's unlikely to get any further appearances at this point since its been a decade since she left the show and three generations since she's been gone.

Old 07-30-2013, 08:48 PM   #58
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh damn Misty and Ash forever

Old 07-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #59
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Misty was great, after her came May who was good in my opinion. Dawn and Iris are ok but they lacked the personality of Misty and May. Maybe it was because their names didn't start with "M" and end in "Y"....just saying.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #60
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

I see I liked May too because she wasn't a Misty clone - she was her own person.

For fuure episodes, I'm just gonna watch the possible Misty cameos, episodes where the evil teams are, the Pokemon Leagues and hopefully some episodes where Jessie and James are actually badass.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:17 AM   #61
Crimz
Side-Kick

I wanted to be Ash soo badly and when I found out i was born the same day and year as him the obsession.... became worse.

Crimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:54 AM   #62
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMagicWolf View Post
B/W is still worth the watch it has some very entertaining episodes. They're actually on the way back to Kanto now before they start X/Y.

Lord: For something that apparently doesn't work Pokémon is still on the air. The magna is great but it's a comic. Comics and tv have always had a divide in terms of what they can show and what changes they make.

Everyone can relate to Ash in one way or the other and the bond with Pikachu is something they don't want to replicate I guess. Yes I hate that they reset him, especially for B/W but honestly when he went to Hoenn it was fine. They needed to reset him because he had all these epically strong Pokémon and it was cool for him to "start all over again" as the theme song said.

Ok since the Gym Leader thing stalled how favorite Pokémon standout episode? To hard to understand? Ok here let me give you my example.

In the first battle of the Indigo Plateau Ash used Krabby. I Pokémon we hadn't even seen since he got it near the beginning. It looked like he would be wiped off the face of the earth but instead he evolves and beats three Pokémon on it's own including using Hyper Beam. That's an all time classic moment.

So what episodes made you want to stand up and say, "Dang, I have to have that Pokémon!"
Still being on the air doesn't make it good, they keep it safe and it's very easy to sell. And Shows and comics are different in the contents they can show? We're talking about Japan, not America, it's quite common there to make panel for panel adaptations of manga, look at Naruto, Hunter X Hunter, Bleach, Dragon Ball and so many others, about 50% of anime are manga adaptations, if not more.

One Piece follows its manga very closelly and it's going for almost 600 episodes, with its popularity and where the plot seems to be it's probably going to last in least 500 more episodes.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 08:19 AM   #63
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh damn it, the voice change came up again on rewatch - I better get used to this

Old 07-31-2013, 08:33 AM   #64
precita

The voice changes stick for the rest of the series. Hard to believe it happened like 7 years ago now.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 AM   #65
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

I see. Yeah, I guess I'll get used to it

So, BlackMagicWolf, what season does Jesse and James become badass?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:00 PM   #66
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

I was Ash for Halloween in 4th grade. My mom made me an awesome costume, even all 8 Kanto badges.

Old 07-31-2013, 01:31 PM   #67
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Cool! That's what you call dedication

I've been watching a few episodes, and it puts me off that when Jessie and James steal something, why don't they run away? They always have to give a stupid lecture first and all that nonsense. The latest is when they steal Team Galactic's key and use Haze - they should've disappeared after that Haze! It's like they never learn their lesson at all. Hope they're not like that in later seasons.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #68
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

I think the show was at its worst during the Black and White Season, since Ash’s intelligence was really lowered during that entire run and the new traveling partners that they gave him were neither funny nor interesting. Iris in particular was the most irritating person that I’ve ever seen as she’s always complaining and *****ing about everything and Cilan is just plain annoying with his gimmick. And while they allowed Ash to rotate his pokemon more and evolve a lot of his pokemon, his overall main group stayed pretty much the same. I mean I’d argue that he had a more impressive lineup during his Diamond and Pearl run than he has now. I wish they would allow all three of his starter pokemon to evolve to their final forms.

Also, I believe that by continuing to have Ash lose at the very end of each Major Pokemon competition, it only hurts the series and turns into the point where no one ever expects him to win. At least Diamond and Pearl gave a really damn good reason as to why he didn’t win since he went up against a freaking Darkrai and Latios in his final match.

And I hate how they never resolve story lines that they introduce; namely the Ho-Oh and even Zekroam connections. I thought that they’d build up some arc involving Zekroam in particular due to how Ash encountered it in the beginning of the Black and White series but nothing ever became of it.

I also really wish that the show would stop pandering to little kids and actually try to portray the series in a more mature light like how Yu-Gi-Oh or even Naruto does where the antagonists actually try to kill the protagonists.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #69
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

OK, I've decided to watch Black & White.

I've only watched 2 episodes but I like how Jesse and James are these agents and they actually did a decent job even though they didn't really achieve much lol.

Why is Ash 10-years-old again? Also, why did he forget to weaken a Pokemon before catching it? Because of his excitement? Is this season aimed at newcomers to the series?

This better be worth it.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:53 PM   #70
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Man I'm gone for a few hours and everyone posts! Wow.

Where to begin?

Rogue Agent: See? Jesse and James are BA's now, some of the B/W are baffling (see: Ash's battle with the electric gym leader) but overall I think it's fine. Oh and the voice changes took a while for me to get used to as well.

herolee: Yes of all the seasons I would say that B/W is the worst in regards to what they did to Ash and his companions. At least in D/P Brock was still there. I hate "evaluation time", I seriously do. But it does have some good things.

For the first time all the characters have Rivals. Ash has at least three, Iris has Georgia the Dragon Buster (and she backs it up) and Cilan has a rival chef trainer who ain't bad.

Trip was also an interesting take on a rival for Ash. He was different from Gary and Paul and he beat Ash a lot.

Yes he keeps losing but I still think that one day he'll win, I was shocked in how he lost in B/W (i'll keep spoilers to a minimum for RA) but it was cool how he did. They change it up and he more or less advances further every year.

I already explained the Ho-oh thing but Zekrom I'll give you. I think he was there to show off the new legends in the region, and they did mention him in the N arc so there's that.

Naruto you got me on but Yugioh with its Zexal arc is definitely pandering to kids even with characters like Kite and Shark.

Oh and MMMM.....Dounuts: I envy you. One day my sister and I were in the mall and she showed me this store that had Ash's hat from Pokémon and I didn't get it. I regret it to this day.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #71
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Thanks. Well at least that's hopefully changed for good!

On a side note, the Chikorita and Ash stuff was hilarious in the early Johto season. She was so in love with him

Old 07-31-2013, 09:27 PM   #72
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Chikoraita was BA! Remember when he tried to capture her? She took down Charizard!......CHARIZARD! That little Chikorita! Classic.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:29 PM   #73
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Yeah, that was awesome! Also, she always hugged Ash so much and kissed him, and that music in her debut episode when she was with Ash. Wow, awesome! I liked that personality.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #74
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Like I said, classic.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:31 PM   #75
MMMMM...Pancakes
SHOCK The World

BlackMagicWolf: Yes I had the hat. It's packed away now as I'm not really a hat person.