The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 08-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #76
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Default Re: Pokemon: The Original Series Talk

If you don't want it anymore I'll take it!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
BlackMagicWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 08:21 PM   #77
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

I kind of hope that whoever is in charge of the anime gets replaced by someone who has a better vision for the franchise and that they're able to present a more mature take on the show; reinvent and revitalize it since it's stale right now imho.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #78
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

If the ratings are strong for this show, I doubt they'll change it. What's the ratings like?

Ramsay Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:50 PM   #79
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Good apparently because they renewed it for another season.

I do agree to a point that when X/Y comes to the series they go back to a more serious format with Ash not being a noob. Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh where all good because we saw Ash grow. So in the next series I want to see some evolution.

But all that can be kept as long as it has a great theme song!

Check it out! Then check out our Facebook page! Also, we're on Twitter! @Guardians_Comic
Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 PM   #80
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Yeah. Well, I think they'll always play it safe as long as the ratings are high.

But I'm not really worried. It won't ruin my enjoyment of the older episodes. Is Black & White finished airing all seasons and now moving to the new region or is Black & White still continuing?

Old 08-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #81
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

They're wrapping up Unova right now, I think they're on the last pod of episodes as Ash is heading back to Kanto and they're making a journey out of it. It should be done by the time X/Y comes out.

Old 08-02-2013, 08:18 PM   #82
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Ah, cool. So I suppose this is a good time to do a run on the Black & White portion.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:39 PM   #83
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Absolutely.

Ok since we've done a Poke run of our favorites so far (feel free to always chime in about your favorite Pokémon moments and Pokémon awesomeness. I think it's time we move on to our favorite.....Pokémon....battles!

The ones you recall by heart, every Pokémon, every move, every heart-pounding moment.

Mine? Oh that's simple, let me break it down.

It's the Indigo Plateau, Grass Field. Ash is taking on a girl (I can't remember her name but does it really matter? Ash uses Bulbasaur, the girl sends out a Beedrill. The fight is intense but with a Leech Seed attack Bulbasaur wins.

The girl uses a Scyther next, it's fast and Bulbasaur has to react quickly. The Scyther uses Double Team and surrounds him. Ash thinks fast though and has Bulbasaur use Vine Whip and spin, the whip go out in both directions and clonk the Scyther knocking it out.

The girl is down to her last Pokémon and she selects......Bellsprout. Yes, Bellsprout. Ash is confident and sends Bulbasaur into attack but the Bellsprout knocks it out with a stomp from its root. Say what?

Ash sends in Pikachu, (why not?), and goes straight for a long distance attack with Thunderbolt....but the Bellsprout isn't affected. Why?

Apparently Bellsprout's roots are like grounded lightning rods making it impervious to electric attacks. Swell. Pikachu goes old school and tries to win but is also beaten.

Ash is down to his last Pokémon, who will he use? He throws out the Pokémon and out comes..........Muk! YES! The Pokémon he has never used in battle he's sending out now. Bellsprout attacks with Razor Leaf but it bounces off, Vine Whip is no use, his physical attacks aren't working. Ash goes for the knockout blow.

"Muk Body Slam!"

Muk slams it's enormous body into the Bellsprout and pins him to the ground. The Bellsprout struggles until you can hear its final breath. Muk moves and it's knocked out.

Ash wins.

So what your favorite battle?

Old 08-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #84
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Not good with this one but I loved the battle you mentioned. That was in the Kanto Pokemon League, right? That was so cool.

I liked Magmar vs. Charizard.

I absolutely LOVED LOVED Pikachu vs. Gary's Eevee. That battle inspired me to use an Eevee of my own in the games.

Orange League battle - loved that! And Ash won!

I loved the Lt. Surge Gym battle. In fact, I think I loved all Gym battles in Kanto and probably Johto.

I also liked Giovanni vs. Gary Gym Battle.

So, do they use guns and stuff in the anime or manga? Or are guns outlawed and no one uses them?

One more thing, I love Oshawott in the new season. It's like he's so confident to battle then when the opponent finally appears, he gets scared

Old 08-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #85
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Oshawott is funny, the starters always seem to rock the show one way or the other. Think about it. Charmander, Squirtle, Bulbasaur, all were epic in one way or the other.

Chikorita (we've already talked about her), Totodile (ended with Ash after an epic battle with Misty), Cyndaquil (one of my personal favorites who also had a great arc).

Torchic (May's first Pokémon, evolved to Blaziken), Mukip (ended up with Brock, was fun), Treecko (Ash's Pokémon, evolved to Sceptile and defeated Darkrai).

Turtwig (Ash again, rocked the full evolution), Chimchar (the true star of the Sinnoh shows with his storyline with Paul), Piplup (kind of like Oshawott but with anger instead of fear).

And now Tepig, Oshawott and Snivy all epic in their own ways. Say what you want about the shows the starters always turn out right.

Guns (like real ones) aren't in the show at all. They believe them too violent to be in a kids show. In fact one episode was banned from airing because a bad guy put a loaded gun in Ash's face. No idea about the Manga.

Those are some classic battles, Pikachu vs Eevee was great caused it showed that Gary still had skills and could beat Ash.

Keep'em coming with the epic battles people! What are your favorites?

Old 08-03-2013, 06:07 PM   #86
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Ah I see. You're right, the starters seem to rock so much

So, no guns then for the most part. I see.

Yeah, actually I liked how Gary matured later on even though he wasn't taking part in the Pokemon Leagues. He was a smart trainer.

I'm watchng Black & White and it feels like a 'reboot'. I'll just treat it like that.

One more fave: Not just the battle but the actual episode was Brock's Gym Battle. It was the first gym and it felt cool to see how scary a gym battle could be.

Flint: "You think you can beat Brock? Hah hah hah hah. Hah Hah Hah." :P I liked the way Flint laughed

Old 08-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #87
Victarion
The Iron Captain

My favorite battle was in one of the Kanto fillers! The town with the warring gyms; one used Scyther and the other used Electabuzz. At the time, I played in the TCG League at Toys-R-Us and played Haymaker, which used Scyther, Electabuzz and Hitmonchan as its main pokemon. That's why I liked that battle. I think the show needs to define what a Pokemon Master is. I have a definition of it, but Ash is so far removed from being that kind of Pokemon Master:

Win the Gym Badges from each region, defeat the Champion of each region and enter into a League conference with all the other trainers who beat their regional Champion. Your team must have each type of Pokemon (Fire, Grass etc) must be represented on your team at this League conference; the type representation includes the actual Pokemon type, and the move typing (Fire/Flying CHarizard with Dragon Rage, a Dragon-type move, would give you a representation of the Fire, Flying, and Dragon types under my rules).

Last edited by Victarion; 08-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.
Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 09:23 PM   #88
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I remember that episode! They used ketchup to settle everything! Hilarious.

I think the term Pokémon Master is vague so that you can have your own interpretation of it. Think about it. Is a Master one who captures every Pokémon? Has every Gym Badge? Won every League? Won all the other competitions? Knows everything about Pokémon? Wins with one Pokémon alone? Has an epic team?

See where I'm going here? Everyone gets to have their own interpretation and that's what makes it great. Ash is far removed from being a Pokémon Master and that's part of the fun of the series is watching him move slowly but surely to becoming that mythical thing.

And I will watch until it's over.

Last edited by BlackMagicWolf; 08-03-2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:10 AM   #89
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Bianca's so energetic lol. I really liked her in the game, especially that touching scene with her dad and that music.

So, yeah I guess it's a nice season for me, so far. I just hate that Ash feels less mature than the previous seasons, which is weird. He feels like a younger kid and I can't register that in my head lol. But that's just a nitpick, I guess.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:49 AM   #90
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

Bianca is funny. She keeps running into Ash it's like his version of "We're blasting off again!"

And her Pignite imitates her it's hilarious. Another good character for the show.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:03 AM   #91
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Yeah. That's nice!

Also, can't wait to see Team Plasma's debut.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:44 AM   #92
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

It's a little bit of a wait but it'll be worth it when they arrive.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:59 PM   #93
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Nice!

Those mischievous Ducklett - damn those guys

Old 08-04-2013, 06:51 PM   #94
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

I just watched yesterday's episode of Pokémon (I taped it cause I was busy in the morning) and the main plot had Ash and crew and Team Rocket being attacked by a swarm of Beedrill!

Classic.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #95
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh, that must be the Viridian Forest one. Misty sure loves those bugs!

Old 08-04-2013, 10:28 PM   #96
BlackMagicWolf
He who is BlackMagic

That's the best part it's a B/W episode but it takes cues from the classic episode in the original series. But this time Ash didn't have Butterfree to save him!

Old 08-05-2013, 09:53 AM   #97
Ramsay Snow
Winter's Saviour

Oh so you were talking about a B/W episode! I see. That's cool.

So, Emolga is such a sneaky little ... ... Pokemon

Damn, Jessie and James are back to catching Pikachu. This won't end well

Old 08-05-2013, 10:30 AM   #98
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

ive seen a petition online to get red actually introduced as a character into the show, sort of a legendary trainer type

could be interesting but i'm not to sure if it would work

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:36 AM   #99
Lord
All Mighty

It wouldn't work very well, i remember a fan theory where Ash was Red's youngest brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #100
Victarion
The Iron Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_agent View Post
Oh so you were talking about a B/W episode! I see. That's cool.

So, Emolga is such a sneaky little ... ... Pokemon

Damn, Jessie and James are back to catching Pikachu. This won't end well
Are you past the arc with Giovanni?

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote