The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 3

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-24-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
ares834
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 4

When Feige says, "That's why we chose that name," he seems to be referring to the legal grey area not because the aliens weren't shape shifters.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:30 PM   #4
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ares834 View Post
When Feige says, "That's why we chose that name," he seems to be referring to the legal grey area not because the aliens weren't shape shifters.
That's what I'm saying.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #5
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

With the "shape shifters" thing I was just pointing out how Feige chose to refer to them as in what would have been the context of the Avengers film.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #6
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Okay Part 5, lets just drop this and all agree that they'll definitely be called Kree

Old 07-24-2013, 09:34 PM   #7
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

I don't know what you guys are hearing, to me he's clearly referring to the second question. He actually answers both questions separately:

Guy: "Or was that keeping with the Utimates continuity?"
Feige: "That's why we chose that name"

Guy: "Is that partly why it was the Chitauri [race] rather than the Skrull [race]?"
Feige: "It was never the intention to have them be shapeshifters or Skrulls"

They chose to use the name Chitauri because that was the name of the aliens in the Ultimate comics. They chose to use the Chitauri race rather than the Skrull race because it was never the intention to use the Skrull race in the first place.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."

Last edited by JB-the-Hunter; 07-24-2013 at 09:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

To me it sounds like he answers the first question in full (because that answer negates the the second question altogether). But, like I said, I see where you're coming from and it could go either way just based off that, as we can't pick his brain. But the fact he stated there were contractual limitations/legal grey zone/whatever and then went on to refer to them as "shape shifters" and "not wanting to get into that end of the universe" in the context of the Avengers film, rather than just talking about the Skrulls as a collective, points out to me that he's saying they can't use the Skrull name.

And like I said, given what we know about the Maximoff situation, we know there are certain term stipulations with these characters that separate them between the studios. It just all adds up to them not being able to do it (to me at least). It's too many connecting dots. Like I said, I would love to be wrong because I really want the Kree to be in the MCU in full and not just in character names.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:45 PM   #9
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
To me it sounds like he answers the first question in full (because that answer negates the the second question altogether). But, like I said, I see where you're coming from and it could go either way just based off that, as we can't pick his brain. But the fact he stated there were contractual limitations/legal grey zone/whatever and then went on to refer to them as "shape shifters" and "not wanting to get into that end of the universe" in the context of the Avengers film, rather than just talking about the Skrulls as a collective, points out to me that he's saying they can't use the Skrull name.

And like I said, given what we know about the Maximoff situation, we know there are certain term stipulations with these characters that separate them between the studios. It just all adds up to them not being able to do it (to me at least). It's too many connecting dots. Like I said, I would love to be wrong because I really want the Kree to be in the MCU in full and not just in character names.
He referred to them as shapeshifters to get the point across the reason they weren't used. Shapeshifting.

I'm sorry, I just can't see where you're coming from. We're just going to have to wait until the question is asked directly to Feige and he gives a direct answer.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

In another interview, Feige said they chose to use the Chitauri because the Skrull name came with a lot of expectations/baggage.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #11
misjuevos
I am Groot

most of the starlord helmets i've seen are dark or have some mood lighting, so i took the better ones and tried to take out the light and just show the helmet. i never noticed the cream color of part of the mask till i started editing it.

anyway something to look at to break up the monotony.

Old 07-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #12
batdude
Side-Kick

Marvel pretty much got all the Superhero/ Sci fi young male dude fandoms with that cast. If they gon't a lousy voice for Rocket Raccoon (a no name comedian. this could be a major hit

Old 07-25-2013, 03:58 AM   #13
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Half the arguments that go on in here are ridiculous.

Both Feige and Whedon have specifically stated in other interviews that they didn't use the name Skrulls because they came with too much baggage and couldn't fit shapeshifters into an already packed movie. Plus, I'm more than certain Zak Penn's original draft (which they would have used if Whedon hadn't have come on board) included Skrulls anyway, given the huge amount of rumours we'd heard about them appearing. Marvel wouldn't have let him use them unless they were sure they owned them

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #14
JOE

This movie got praise at Comic Con. Being that it isn't as well known as Marvel's other movies, I hope they advertise this well so it gets the exposure it needs.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 07-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #15
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I've had this song stuck in my head ever since the footage description came out.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Apologies for the Hasselhoff.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:52 AM   #16
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I've had this song stuck in my head ever since the footage description came out.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Apologies for the Hasselhoff.
LMAO!

Speaking of aliens. Do you think we'll get to see the Badoon in this movie? If so, I'm curious how they'll look.

Old 07-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

I used to think the Badoon would play a big role, however now I'm thinking if we get a glimpse of them in the movie it'll just be one or two soldiers at an alien bar

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-25-2013, 01:02 PM   #18
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

The Badoon were featured in the Thor:TDW prelude comic so we know they exist in the MCU.

Old 07-25-2013, 01:55 PM   #19
Endeavor
Que bolá con el timbeque?

They might show up in a flashback related to Starlord.

edit: Or in relation to Yondu and his home planet!

Old 07-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #20
Scarlettess
and a 1..2..3..4

The cast in this movie is so odd it's brilliant. I'm not well-versed in the comics, but I am definately excited to see this movie.

‎ Part of the beauty of Spider-Man is he's covered head to toe, you can't see his skin colour or sexual orientation, and what's important is that he's a hero. He stands for the underdog and those that need protecting." - Andrew Garfield
Doctor: Ooh baby I'm beating out a samba!
Old 07-25-2013, 02:53 PM   #21
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Should this film feature a lot of comedy?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 07-25-2013, 09:07 PM   #22
Starhawk
Side-Kick

personally in a guardians of the galaxy movie i would rather see the badoon than the skrulls

in an avengers movie i would prefer the skrulls over the badoon

Old 07-26-2013, 01:11 AM   #23
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Should this film feature a lot of comedy?
There will be comedy in it for sure.

Old 07-26-2013, 03:55 AM   #24
Captain Marvel
SHAZAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starhawk View Post
personally in a guardians of the galaxy movie i would rather see the badoon than the skrulls

in an avengers movie i would prefer the skrulls over the badoon
That'd make sense for the 30th century Guardians, but not for the modern day version. For the modern version, the Skrulls, Phalanx, Universal Church of Truth, Annihilation Wave, etc. make more sense as villains.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
That'd make sense for the 30th century Guardians, but not for the modern day version. For the modern version, the Skrulls, Phalanx, Universal Church of Truth, Annihilation Wave, etc. make more sense as villains.
It actually sounds like certain Kree characters are the antagonists here.

Closed Thread