The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 05:24 PM   #51
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

So...is this supposed to be a comedy?

Old 07-31-2013, 05:28 PM   #52
Starhawk
Side-Kick

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

first look at drax:

https://www.facebook.com/TheGuardian...02972276479616

Old 07-31-2013, 05:29 PM   #53
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Martian the manhunter?

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 07-31-2013, 06:53 PM   #54
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

Can someone explain this to me? Glenn Close is playing Nova??

Old 07-31-2013, 06:55 PM   #55
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
She is not. She is playing Nova Prime.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:59 PM   #56
Mr. Dent
Banned User

He's not in make up there.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:00 PM   #57
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Drama View Post
No, not Richard Rider, she's just playing another Nova Prime. I'm predicting this one:

Old 07-31-2013, 07:03 PM   #58
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

Okay, that makes more sense.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:12 PM   #59
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Richard Ryder is actually Nova Centurion Prime, and he's not even that in this movie, since it's still Rhomann Dey at the moment.

Glenn Close is Nova Prime. I'm guessing she's like the equivalent of the "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" whereas Rhomann Dey would be like the "Sergeant Major", who would be the top enlisted commanding officer of the marines. "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" is a top advisory/leadership position that isn't commissioned, I think. I could be wrong though.

Where it gets confusing, both with the Marines and the Nova Corp is that the "Sergeant Major of the Marine Corp" is often abbreviated to just "Sergeant Major", and likewise, "Nova Centurion Prime" gets abbreviated to "Nova Prime".

And of course, Richard Ryder just gets abbreviated to "Nova" as if that is the character's name.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:34 PM   #60
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well that comes from Richard Rider having been the only real Nova until Annihilation. The Nova Corps wasn't really expanded upon as this big peacekeeping militaristic corps until then.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:37 PM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

It's all a retcon anyway. It was simpler back in the day. Nova was Nova.

Old 07-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #62
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Speaking of all this, I wonder if they're going to destroy Xandar and the Corps? That's a pretty essential element to the Nova lore...Xandar and the corps, in every iteration, always ends up getting destroyed.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:06 PM   #63
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

I would think Xandar would be destroyed in a Nova solo movie which would hopefully introduce Richard Rider

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 07-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #64
misjuevos
I am Groot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
No, not Richard Rider, she's just playing another Nova Prime. I'm predicting this one:

a few of us have posted those same pics way back. that is most of our guesses. take her nose out and close looks well very close to this.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 PM   #65
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Yeah while the masses insisted she was the voice of Worldmind, a few of of us posted this pic haha

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 07-31-2013, 10:01 PM   #66
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Martian the manhunter?
Ha ha I wonder what scene this is? Could it be this is how they are imprisoned on the kyln or on a kree planet?

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-31-2013, 10:08 PM   #67
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVEITWITHJAMON View Post
Ha ha I wonder what scene this is? Could it be this is how they are imprisoned on the kyln or on a kree planet?
It might be practice for a space scene, especially if they want to mimic what it's like to move in space.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:19 PM   #68
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
It might be practice for a space scene, especially if they want to mimic what it's like to move in space.
Yeah that thought crossed my mind as well, but for some reason I cant get breaking out of prison out of my head after that pic.

1)X-Men: Days Of Future Past-10(2)Captain America: The Winter Soldier-9(3)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(4)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(5)The Wolf Of Wall Street-8.5(6)Godzilla-8(7)Neighbours-8(8)The Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(9)The Lego Movie-7.5(10)Transformers: Age Of Extinction-7.5(11)Robocop-7.5(12)300:Rise Of An Empire-7(13)A Million Ways To Die In The West-7(14)47 Ronin-6(15)The Monuments Men-5(16)Ride Along-5(17)I, Frankenstein-3
Old 07-31-2013, 10:22 PM   #69
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
I figured something like that because you can make out his regular tats.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-31-2013, 10:45 PM   #70
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying

Yeah he's not in costume or make up.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:28 PM   #71
misjuevos
I am Groot

good call on the space thing. seeing starlord's boots from the comic con pics shows boosters on them. so maybe he and the rest of the team will be space flying at some point.

Old 07-31-2013, 11:45 PM   #72
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Action comedy. In space.

Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 AM   #73
RaZaTrOn
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicCap View Post
I would think Xandar would be destroyed in a Nova solo movie which would hopefully introduce Richard Rider
I think the destruction of Xandar should be done in another cosmic film, if we take GOTG as that film it could be an easter egg of sorts, a tiny bit of connective tissue like whilst on any space ship or planet they hear an SOS from Xandar requesting aid for help against "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could jump straight into a Nova film which starts with darkness and the Worldmind voice speaking of the events, flashes to destruction and death on Xandar cut with a body floating through space, it's Rider, who awakes as he enters the atmosphere of a planet and starts hurtling towards the surface.

The film could focus on Richard Rider now, Centurion Nova-Prime getting to grips with the Worldmind and his new strength whilst chasing after "whatever the MCU equivalent of Annihilus and his Annihilation wave".

Then you could end with the 'force' reaching our galaxy and having Rider being the only one between Earth and this army. Which could go into a small crossover film with maybe Nova and the GOTG and maybe other cosmic characters.

Old 08-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #74
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tissues View Post
I don't think he's in make up.
what BTS photo?!

Old 08-01-2013, 07:30 AM   #75
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
the GoTG comics are heavy on the comedy

Closed Thread