The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #76
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
what BTS photo?!
The underwater photo posted just a few spots above you.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 08-01-2013, 07:35 AM   #77
Norrin Parker
Majestor of the Shi'ar

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 5

I think the Guardians fits perfectly into the tone the MCU has already established funny but will have some serious moments.

Spider-Man 2, The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman Begins, Batman '89, Captain America: The First Avenger, Iron Man, Iron Man 3, The Amazing Spider-Man
Old 08-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #78
TheFBI
Side-Kick

Im liking the BTS stuff.hopefully we get one every day

Old 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #79
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarecrow_King View Post
Action comedy. In space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
the GoTG comics are heavy on the comedy
Thanks.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:08 AM   #80
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

here's a thought. after the avengers 2, could we see ultron go into space. then it would setup conquest, except the gotg are already formed, they would still have ultron to deal with. this could give ronan a chance to go from thanos minion to kree patriot.

Old 08-02-2013, 01:09 AM   #81
DrDoom
Dictator

Ultron could encounter the Phalanx and take control of them to attack the GotG

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 08-02-2013, 05:35 AM   #82
Kiltman
E-list Character

If GotG takes off like they expect.....it'd definitely make sense for it to be in the plot down the line. At any rate Ultron ending up in space at the end of A2, even if its just the mid-credit scene.....makes sense, just so the option is there.

Old 08-02-2013, 09:22 AM   #83
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
here's a thought. after the avengers 2, could we see ultron go into space. then it would setup conquest, except the gotg are already formed, they would still have ultron to deal with. this could give ronan a chance to go from thanos minion to kree patriot.
Could be cool, but kinda doubtful. I just noticed your avy is knowwhere. How appropriate lol

Old 08-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #84
Birdman
Side-Kick

That would require a Richard Rider setup, and I would be cool with that.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 AM   #85
Loki882
Side-Kick

Well, the Nova Corps is already in the film in some capacity, so setting up RR wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

Old 08-02-2013, 10:04 PM   #86
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Could be cool, but kinda doubtful. I just noticed your avy is knowwhere. How appropriate lol
yeah a while back i started using this program called blender 3d one of the first things i made was knowhere and groot. here is a bigger knowhere.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 08-02-2013, 11:58 PM   #87
DrDoom
Dictator

Has it been said if Knowhere is in the movie?

Think they'll explain what a Celestial is then?

If both are true then I hope to GAWD they include Cosmo the Spacedog!!!

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 08-03-2013, 05:52 AM   #88
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Glenn Close confirms Guardians role and that she's head of the Nova Corps:

Quote:
"I just did two independent films this summer and I had an absolute ball with fantastic actors. But in August, I'm gonna go off and do the next generation of Marvel Comics/Disney and I get to be the chief police of the galaxy. But I'm doing that because it will then afford me to go do the other kind of movies that I really love, and hopefully I will have a great time. It'll be a new experience for me, but practically speaking it will mean that I can do those smaller movies and it'll be okay.”
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 08-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #89
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
Has it been said if Knowhere is in the movie?

Think they'll explain what a Celestial is then?

If both are true then I hope to GAWD they include Cosmo the Spacedog!!!
Yes joblo reported Knowhere is in the movies. The concept art of the "Cantina" scene is also listed as being the "Boot of Exitar".

Old 08-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #90
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

It's kind of odd. The celestials being 20,000 feet tall, and sort of mysterious, I would have imagined they are a race that would be left out for SURE

Old 08-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #91
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

I don't think we'll hear anything about their history. Maybe just a quick mention of Knowhere being a Celestial head and leave it at that.

Old 08-04-2013, 04:09 AM   #92
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

yeah it adds to the mystery if they never mention it just show an exterior. then the audience is left wondering what the giant head is. they could call it knowhere, but not mention the name celestial. this can be explored later if needed. but i kind of like the unknown of it. this was a teaser i made after that bar pic was released.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

i like the shot of zooming out to realize this bar is inside something massive.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:38 AM   #93
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

This may just be the purist in me speaking but don't they at some point have to explain about the Celestials? I mean, they play a pretty big role in the (overly convoluted) origin of the Eternals on Titan, Thanos' people. Or am I just overthinking it and they'll use a more Ultimate origin for Thanos? Or just never get into that aspect of the character?

Old 08-04-2013, 01:35 PM   #94
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

I'm a huge fan of the 2008 GOTG comics. Almost Everything about thise movie is sounding great, but there is one key thing that must happen. NO AVENGERS/EARTH people.

This s a cosmic team they spent very little time interacting with Earthers, please god no senseless shoehorning of un-related characters.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #95
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
The Universal Church of Truth also originated in the modern day in Strange Tales when Warlock was carrying the title, and of course the Magus (Adam Warlock) is their god (Yeah, I'm still hoping that Adam Warlock will turn up. I
Oh how I feel sad that they never went w/the Jim Starlin storyline

I remember when I was a kid reading it, thinking this would make a great movie.

Old 08-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #96
Loki882
Side-Kick

They'll likely tie GOTG into TA using the Thanos angle, but not much else.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:31 AM   #97
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

i wouldn't mind the closing shot be panning out of the 'new base' and revealing to the audience the celestial head, have them talking when they leave the theatre

Old 08-05-2013, 07:02 AM   #98
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
I'm a huge fan of the 2008 GOTG comics. Almost Everything about thise movie is sounding great, but there is one key thing that must happen. NO AVENGERS/EARTH people.

This s a cosmic team they spent very little time interacting with Earthers, please god no senseless shoehorning of un-related characters.
Im sure we will see somebody like Maria Hill or Jasper Sitwell during the Earth scenes.

2016 - Captain America: The Secret Avengers, Doctor Strange
2017 - Thor: Ragnarok, Guardians Of The Galaxy: War of Kings
2018 - The Avengers: Infinity
Old 08-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #99
Lord
All Mighty

How are the Guardians of the Galaxy comics? Are they any good?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 08-05-2013, 07:51 AM   #100
Steve Holt
STEVE HOLT!

the 2008 DnA series is awesome, don't really need to know much prior, you'll get the gist, but reading Annihilation is always a good first step

Closed Thread