Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman/Batman > Superman/Batman Movie

Closed Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 04:58 PM   #326
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
If Snyder was just gonna ask Miller "how do I make Batman beat Superman" then he would have just read TDKR, he will likely be asking different things. Why he went to Miller though I dunno.
Why would you not go to the author of your favorite graphic novel?

But yes.. Frank Miller's advice on Superman would be to make him as unlikable as possible so that Batman can go to town on him

Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #327
Harley2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Yeah, I agree. I enjoyed it a lot. It was well done.

And to everyone saying how they hated lapdog Superman in Dark Knight Returns, I am right there with you guys, I don't want to see lapdog Supes, either.
Considering MOS, I don't think we are getting "lapdog" Superman. That's ridiculous. The tone of the character was set by Snyder, he is not going to change it all of a sudden and have him be some Reagan, American way, boy-scout. The Superman of this world tosses that satellite down and tells them you will not spy on me. He will need some advice on Batman though, and Miller is the guy for that.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #328
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhawj View Post
Love MOS but if the sequel doesn't build on Superman as a whole to become the champion we all know and love and they show Batman a human beating the sh$$ out of Superman I will be done with DC Movie... Will not be supporting them... I hope Synder hear the Fan's fear and do this movie the right way... A team up with a short encounter fight not a whole movie evolve around this vs...

Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #329
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Yes. Batman will teach Superman restraint and compassion.
You mean.......Batman is Fluttershy??!!!

Batman = Element of Kindness

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 07-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #330
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I dunno guys...the press release made it pretty damn clear that this movie is mostly about the two of them facing off as enemies. If they don't deliver on that front that you're letting down the people who are actually hyped for that. I don't want Batman to just beat the crap out of Superman, but I do want an epic struggle between the two. If it's just a little skirmish ala Thor and Iron Man in Avengers, and then they become best buds I will call BS.

There's an element of this that feels very lose/lose.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #331
kalhawj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I dunno guys...the press release made it pretty damn clear that this movie is mostly about the two of them facing off as enemies. If they don't deliver on that front that you're letting down the people who are actually hyped for that. I don't want Batman to just beat the crap out of Superman, but I do want an epic struggle between the two. If it's just a little skirmish ala Thor and Iron Man in Avengers, and then they become best buds I will call BS.

There's an element of this that feels very lose/lose.
At least Marvel did it right by not making their first encounter a vs movie focus... It was quick and show no clear winner... If you start having one be better than the other or establishing a clear winner you'll have fans not happy at all from the losing side. The best thing they can do in this movie is show why each is so love by their fans. Show how powerful superman is and why he's holding back fighting against Batman yet Batman cannot make a dent on Superman physically. For Batman show us why he's one of the smartest and gifted human on earth. You get the best of both world without one beating down on each other to establishing a winner. Go with no clear winner and just let the fans decide it on their own. The focus should always be the two coming together to join force to take down the main villain.

Old 07-31-2013, 05:35 PM   #332
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Superman will teach Batman how to kill.
Quote:
Yes. Batman will teach Superman restraint and compassion.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 07-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #333
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalhawj View Post
At least Marvel did it right by not making their first encounter a vs movie focus... It was quick and show no clear winner... If you start having one be better than the other or establishing a clear winner you'll have fans not happy at all from the losing side. The best thing they can do in this movie is show why each is so love by their fans. Show how powerful superman is and why he's holding back fighting against Batman yet Batman cannot make a dent on Superman physically. For Batman show us why he's one of the smartest and gifted human on earth. You get the best of both world without one beating down on each other to establishing a winner. Go with no clear winner and just let the fans decide it on their own. The focus should always be the two coming together to join force to take down the main villain.
I hear what you're saying, but the bolded is exactly why I found The Avengers to be painfully predictable. DC could have something here if they play up the "who will win?" aspect of this film.

You can't win if you try to please everyone anyway. I say just focus on telling us a good story and keep the characters true to themselves and we have a chance of this being a good movie.

I also think going with a vs. movie before going into a full-on teamup helps DC distinguish itself from Marvel.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 07-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #334
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

I don't want Frank Miller writing or consulting for any character, not even DareDevil

Old 07-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #335
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
I hear what you're saying, but the bolded is exactly why I found The Avengers to be painfully predictable. DC could have something here if they play up the "who will win?" aspect of this film.

You can't win if you try to please everyone anyway. I say just focus on telling us a good story and keep the characters true to themselves and we have a chance of this being a good movie.

I also think going with a vs. movie before going into a full-on teamup helps DC distinguish itself from Marvel.
It was pretty predictable. Though I'd rather be satisfied watching a story unfold than have twists that take me out of the movie (cough, IM3, and to a certain extent, TDKR..

Old 07-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #336
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

Old 07-31-2013, 05:51 PM   #337
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

What a way to talk to a kid
Model parent

Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #338
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Old 07-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #339
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Was this actually in the comics? Wow....

Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #340
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

And once again, Batman dominates Supes' thread :/

Old 07-31-2013, 05:55 PM   #341
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

All Star Batman & Robin the Boy Wonder
An alternate reality, easy to read with the few issues it contains

Old 07-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #342
Spider-Aziz
Greatest Hulk Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post

And once again, Batman dominates Supes' thread :/
Master Splinter

Old 07-31-2013, 05:57 PM   #343
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Sounds like Man From Uncle is still a go. According to the latest from Variety, filming is supposed to begin Sep 7th. I thought they might pull the plug on it. Guess not.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #344
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Well, let’s look at the bright side guys. If the worst happens, at least some of us will have at least one good Superman film to fall back on, ala MOS, though that might serve more as a double edge sword since it’d just remind us on how much promise it had only to have been wasted by Snyder in his next outing with the Miller-Batman combo.lol

Old 07-31-2013, 06:08 PM   #345
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

If it makes you guys feel any better, he said that for MOS, he tried to go in the opposite direction of TDKR, which is evident in the scenes where he destroys the drone and talks about how he cannot be controlled.

Hopefully he'll stay consistent in this regard.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:11 PM   #346
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
If it makes you guys feel any better, he said that for MOS, he tried to go in the opposite direction of TDKR, which is evident in the scenes where he destroys the drone and talks about how he cannot be controlled.

Hopefully he'll stay consistent in this regard.

True; though that doesn’t mean that we still couldn’t get a version of Batman who’s portrayed in being more of the “people’s hero” than Superman is like how it was in the comic book, and where we get to see Batman beat up Superman more badly than Zod ever did.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:13 PM   #347
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I have been a big defender of ole Batsy in a MOS follow up. I think having Lex and Bats in a film with Superman can further many of the themes from MOS, not least of which was trust and faith in the collective humanity of the planet.

But I now hear about Miller... And a chill went down me for a second.. For a second I was like "Damn, damn, damn... herolee was right about everything!" (Nothing but love brotha!)

Then I remember how just about every CBM's production team talks about getting input from comic book creator and for good or ill almost always their input is ignored.

But... If... And I stress, IF this film continues the trend of DC characters being nerfed for the purpose of propping up one single character THAT IS ALREADY POPULAR then my hopes for a shared DCCU being successful are crushed. You just had a film ACCURATLY showing the level of pure power Superman has. The BO shows world wide people liked what they did (with blu ray, VOD, syndication and merch yet to be tallied). To nerf Supes now defeats the purpose of all the effort (and I loved the finished product of that effort) they put into MOS.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:17 PM   #348
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Then we'll see a scene where Superman becomes desperate as he fears losing control of his own powers and uses red sun rays to get rid of them so Lois and him can be together. Or something...

Old 07-31-2013, 06:19 PM   #349
FlawlessVictory
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I have been a big defender of ole Batsy in a MOS follow up. I think having Lex and Bats in a film with Superman can further many of the themes from MOS, not least of which was trust and faith in the collective humanity of the planet.

But I now hear about Miller... And a chill went down me for a second.. For a second I was like "Damn, damn, damn... herolee was right about everything!" (Nothing but love brotha!)

Then I remember how just about every CBM's production team talks about getting input from comic book creator and for good or ill almost always their input is ignored.

But... If... And I stress, IF this film continues the trend of DC characters being nerfed for the purpose of propping up one single character THAT IS ALREADY POPULAR then my hopes for a shared DCCU being successful are crushed. You just had a film ACCURATLY showing the level of pure power Superman has. The BO shows world wide people liked what they did (with blu ray, VOD, syndication and merch yet to be tallied). To nerf Supes now defeats the purpose of all the effort (and I loved the finished product of that effort) they put into MOS.
Completely agreed. When I saw the news it felt like the wind was taken out of me. I just hope this is being blown out of proportion or I am at least and it will be much ado about nothing. I'm really hoping! Cause I see nothing positive about consulting with Miller about this project.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:27 PM   #350
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I'm excited but wait for the first trailer when they show Batman slugging Superman. Superman fans will go nuts.

Closed Thread