The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #201
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I hope at least the majority of Metropolis is rebuilt by the time this movie starts. And with that, I hope the designs of the buildings are a little futuristic.
They repaired the Daily Planet before the end, and Clark on the bicycle looked like his riding through a fixed part of the city

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #202
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,461
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I would have preferred Katie to continue in TDK for consistencies' sake. I don't hate Maggie the way some folks do, and don't hate Katie's portrayal either. I never liked the character much to begin with, and regardless of how strong the actress is the character never had much going for her.

Listen to the moonwalking short haired Jesus people. On this he's not wrong.

Racheal annoyed me no end. I disliked (and yes, this is my take) the idea that a couple of slaps from her are what seem to motivate Bruce to becoming a force to change Gotham. That sequence with her is the only problem I have with BB.

I hope Lois get's her share of glory in a WF film. I think it would be cool if she plays a major role in taking out the threat by way of her journalism. That could even be what brings Clark and Bruce together. Lois uncovers something, Superman naturally wants to protect her. Batman learns of the info Lois may have and he wants in on making sure she stays alive to testify or something. The two clash over methods and temperament (but not over Lois' affection. Supes saved her life and is played by Henry C. Aint no lady putting that in jeopardy for, as Christian Bale said "a man that has issues") but come to an understanding and a mutual respect because Lois, through her investigative nature, see's how similar these two men are. Just a shot in the dark.

KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:21 PM   #203
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Racheal annoyed me no end. I disliked (and yes, this is my take) the idea that a couple of slaps from her are what seem to motivate Bruce to becoming a force to change Gotham. That sequence with her is the only problem I have with BB.
Well, as much as I dislike the character, I think that was probably one of her best scenes. It wasn't the slaps that had the effect, it was the "your father would be ashamed of you." That was important to the story, albeit thematically heavy-handed (and rather cold of Rachel to say), given that ultimately Begins is a story about the battling influences of two father figures - Thomas Wayne (Bruce's father) and Ra's Al Ghul (Batman's father). Its the Wayne legacy, "more than bricks and mortar, sir," that keeps Bruce from going over the edge and becoming simply a force of vengeance like Ra's. The problem is Rachel is sometimes more of a plot device, an idealist reminder of the Waynes and their legacy (and of Bruce's childhood) than she is a character.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:47 PM   #204
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,461
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Well, as much as I dislike the character, I think that was probably one of her best scenes. It wasn't the slaps that had the effect, it was the "your father would be ashamed of you." That was important to the story, albeit thematically heavy-handed (and rather cold of Rachel to say), given that ultimately Begins is a story about the battling influences of two father figures - Thomas Wayne (Bruce's father) and Ra's Al Ghul (Batman's father). Its the Wayne legacy, "more than bricks and mortar, sir," that keeps Bruce from going over the edge and becoming simply a force of vengeance like Ra's. The problem is Rachel is sometimes more of a plot device, an idealist reminder of the Waynes and their legacy (and of Bruce's childhood) than she is a character.

Forgive me for disagreeing, oh Thriller Messiah, but while you are totally spot on with your explanation here, it's exactly why I don't like the scene. I don't think Bruce Wayne should be presented like that. He shouldn't have needed someone else to open his eyes. Just me. At the time, and I mean actually in the theatre my first viewing, I thought it was a bold decision to change things up like that. As soon as I left the theatre though I was like "fudge all that! Bruce Wayne made an oath to himself as a boy to war on crime and corruption". If you liked it, more power to you. I did not. But that's what makes opinions so much fun. Everybody's take is different.

KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 07-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #205
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

I agree that is a problem. Bruce shouldn't be presented like that (from a comics faithfulness standpoint). He also shouldn't be given his entire arsenal by Lucius Fox, given all his best ideas by Ra's Al Ghul, etc. From a Batman mythos standpoint, I agree with you completely. From the standpoint of the movie itself and its themes, it works quite beautifully and enjoyably.

My thought on it is - every version of the Batman mythos has a different take on the character, some I agree with more than others. For example, I don't like Joker killing Bruce's parents in Batman '89 from a mythos standpoint, but I love how it works thematically in the story. I don't like the changes made in TDKR, and I think the way they work in the story are badly written and executed (I'm talking John Blake, Bruce retiring, etc.). In the case of Begins, its not the way I would have personally portrayed Bruce's motivation to leave Gotham but in the story itself it works well and quite beautifully, so I'm willing to run with it. I love the Thomas Wayne / Ra's Al Ghul antithesis in particular and think its quite compelling.

So I agree with you, but also kinda disagree.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #206
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 12,461
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
I agree that is a problem. Bruce shouldn't be presented like that (from a comics faithfulness standpoint). He also shouldn't be given his entire arsenal by Lucius Fox, given all his best ideas by Ra's Al Ghul, etc. From a Batman mythos standpoint, I agree with you completely. From the standpoint of the movie itself and its themes, it works quite beautifully and enjoyably.

My thought on it is - every version of the Batman mythos has a different take on the character, some I agree with more than others. For example, I don't like Joker killing Bruce's parents in Batman '89 from a mythos standpoint, but I love how it works thematically in the story. I don't like the changes made in TDKR, and I think the way they work in the story are badly written and executed (I'm talking John Blake, Bruce retiring, etc.). In the case of Begins, its not the way I would have personally portrayed Bruce's motivation to leave Gotham but in the story itself it works well and quite beautifully, so I'm willing to run with it. I love the Thomas Wayne / Ra's Al Ghul antithesis in particular and think its quite compelling.

So I agree with you, but also kinda disagree.

Damn you ,reverse strolling star of The Passion! Why must you be so reasonable and even handed!!

KRYPTON INC. is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 AM   #207
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion


__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 12:58 AM   #208
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

I like Rachel in Batman Begins
Hate moments when she talks angry at Bruce

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:01 AM   #209
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I like Rachel in Batman Begins
Hate moments when she talks angry at Bruce
OMG Bruce, I want you to be a coward, f**k Batman.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:07 AM   #210
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
OMG Bruce, I want you to be a coward, f**k Batman.
No matter how many times I watch both movies, her attitude changing from "Batman is the true you, Bruce Wayne is the mask" to the thing you said doesn't make sense, or how she dumped Bruce for Harvey

Why does the hero love interest become annoying in the first sequel?
Rachel Dawes, Pepper Potts, and Mary Jane Watson?
I hope Gwen remains likable in the sequels

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #211
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows
 
ThePhantasm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 10,551
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Damn you ,reverse strolling star of The Passion! Why must you be so reasonable and even handed!!

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesConceptz View Post
Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
ThePhantasm is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 01:36 AM   #212
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
No matter how many times I watch both movies, her attitude changing from "Batman is the true you, Bruce Wayne is the mask" to the thing you said doesn't make sense, or how she dumped Bruce for Harvey

Why does the hero love interest become annoying in the first sequel?
Rachel Dawes, Pepper Potts, and Mary Jane Watson?
I hope Gwen and Lois remains likable in the sequels
Fixed.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 03:45 AM   #213
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Fixed.
Good catch
Thanks

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 05:49 AM   #214
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Is this true? It's from IMDB btw.

Quote:
Diane Kruger, Rosamund Pike, Alice Eve and Lindsay Lohan were considered for the role of Faora.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #215
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Diane Kruger, Rosamund Pike, Alice Eve

i know those 3 were rumored for a female role
http://www.slashfilm.com/alice-eve-d...man-lois-lane/

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:11 AM   #216
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 16,294
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
Diane Kruger, Rosamund Pike, Alice Eve

i know those 3 were rumored for a female role
http://www.slashfilm.com/alice-eve-d...man-lois-lane/
Damn...IDK which of these 3 I'd want for Faora. If Alice Eve was in this then I wouldn't be able to see that special shot of her in Star Trek Into Darkness.

__________________
"Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen."
MrMaooz is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #217
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,770
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Random thought: Will this movie help push Batman to building out a Bat-family? I feel like a convincing story can be written that shows that he cannot do it all alone. This could also bleed into a JL theme.

__________________
"They laughed when I said that a man could walk on the moon. Now I'm up here laughing at them." - Louie Armstrong
DChero is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #218
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,377
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I remember having laughed my ass off from seeing Snyder's and Cavil's reaction to that question, let alone Snyder's response to it.

Here's the thing though, the reason why i'm still conflicted even after that statement is that:

1. I doubt that Snyder would have said anything negative about Superman at that point when he was trying to promote the film, especially in a Hall filled with superman fans for the most part.

2. It's the fact that he used a certain "infamous" quote from Batman in "The Dark Knight Returns" comic book that has people worried. And yes, we know that they're not adapting the story, but in the same time, Snyder said that the quote is going to be used to help tell that story.

3. Honestly, how many other ways are there to show a kickass Batman near Superman without falling under the misguided belief that Batman needs to be portrayed as being superior to Superman in combat due to his intelligence? I'm pretty sure they'll find some way for Batman to beat Superman in the film if they needed him to win.
Snyder was talking about usng the quote to help the story at that moment.
He did not ndicate the quote would be in the new film tself .

Mysteryman is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 AM   #219
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,890
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Aren't those IMDB casting lists normally bo**ocks? It said on the The Dark Knight one that many were considered for the role of The Joker then about 5 lines later it said "Heath Ledger was Christopher Nolan's one and only choice for The Joker"

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:30 AM   #220
Deserana
2005/2008/2012
 
Deserana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,890
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
Snyder was talking about usng the quote to help the story at that moment.
He did not ndicate the quote would be in the new film tself .
Yeah Snyder specifically said that the quote was not the thing they were adapting.

__________________
The above is MY OPINION and ONLY my opinion please do not think of it as fact or a statement of fact it is merely what I feel.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Deserana is online now  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:40 AM   #221
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

he probably just used it because it is an iconic quote and easiest way to show batman is in mos2

Project862006 is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #222
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,756
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Is this true? It's from IMDB btw.
Lindsay Lohan was actually rumored to be playing Lana Lang. Of course it was utter bulls**t, but that's usually what happens.

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #223
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,352
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Lindsay Lohan was actually rumored to be playing Lana Lang. Of course it was utter bulls**t, but that's usually what happens.
Can you imagine a Superman film with Lindsey Lohan as Lana and Kristin Stewart as Lois?

herolee10 is online now  
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 AM   #224
DChero
Out of Work Superhero
 
DChero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA U.S.A.
Posts: 1,770
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Can you imagine a Superman film with Lindsey Lohan as Lana and Kristin Stewart as Lois?
I feel like in the opening credits it would read "A Brett Ratner Film."

__________________
"They laughed when I said that a man could walk on the moon. Now I'm up here laughing at them." - Louie Armstrong
DChero is offline  
Old 07-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #225
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos
 
Spider-Aziz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 36,178
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Can you imagine a Superman film with Lindsey Lohan as Lana and Kristin Stewart as Lois?
I'm outta the movie if that happens

__________________
State Your Opinion on a Marvel Character
We're abusing our acronym privileges...

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Spider-Aziz is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.