The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: So this movie should really be called...
Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) 9 5.49%
World's finest 64 39.02%
Superman/Batman: World's finest 39 23.78%
Man of steel: world's finest 21 12.80%
Man of tomorrow 7 4.27%
Superman: shadow of the bat 4 2.44%
Man of steel: gods among us 2 1.22%
other 18 10.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 09:18 AM   #401
zman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

I'm really liking Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, too bad I can't add options to the poll.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:14 AM   #402
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

If they go the Public Enemies route is Lex going to be President?
Seems a little early for that.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:26 AM   #403
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
If they go the Public Enemies route is Lex going to be President?
Seems a little early for that.
They don't need to copy straight from the movie. I like it either way. Have Lex as president or have him campaigning to become president. He'll have power and the public's attention in both scenarios, he'll be able to speak out against Superman. I like the campaigning angle because he can be working against Superman behind the scenes(in an illegal fashion that only Superman and Batman know about), and then as a twist at the end of the movie, have him be elected to show Supes that trouble is still ahead and the world still doesn't fully trust him, so they elected Lex to sorta keep him in check.

My favorites for the title without knowing anything about the plot:

Superman/Batman: World's Finest
World's Finest: Superman/Batman
Superman/Batman

Batman/Superman also works.

Last edited by Masone; 08-13-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #404
godisawesome
Side-Kick

I'm thinking they could give it alternating titles:

Dark Knight Man of Steel
WORLD'S FINEST WORLD'S FINEST
Man of Steel. Dark Knight

Or some version including their aliases or names.

-C.S. Lewis
Old 08-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #405
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Man of Steel 2: BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!

Old 08-15-2013, 02:50 PM   #406
BatmanGoesToRio
Side-Kick

Superbat

Main villain: Lex McLovin

Old 08-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #407
TheFirstAvenger
Marvel/Dc fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Man of Steel 2: BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!
I see what you did.
Man of Steel: The Dark Knight Returns

Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM   #408
georgec
Not a hero

I would be very surprised if the film didn't include "World's Finest" somewhere in the title.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:35 PM   #409
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFirstAvenger View Post
I see what you did.
Man of Steel: The Dark Knight Returns

Old 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #410
Tobias
Side-Kick

Man of Steel: A Dark Knight Reigns

Dark Knight For The Man of Steel

Old 08-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #411
mclay18
Side-Kick

I don't think IMDB approves title changes unless the higher-ups at WB say so. On IMDB, the project title has changed from "Untitled Man of Steel Sequel" to "Batman vs. Superman."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/?ref_=ttloc_loc_tt

That doesn't mean it still can't change, but it looks like Batman vs. Superman will be the working title now.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 PM   #412
Tobias
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I don't think IMDB approves title changes unless the higher-ups at WB say so. On IMDB, the project title has changed from "Untitled Man of Steel Sequel" to "Batman vs. Superman."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2975590/?ref_=ttloc_loc_tt

That doesn't mean it still can't change, but it looks like Batman vs. Superman will be the working title now.
Definitely morphing from a MOS sequel to a separate WF film with Batman and Superman sharing film screen-time and story. So much for WB being happy with the MOS results.

Personally I won't be surprised if this essentially turns into the Batman reboot film with Superman in a supporting role. Its early but its already moving in that direction. Notice its Batman first (Batman vs Superman). I think WB isn't even going to pretend, in the end, that this is an MOS sequel and there could be a Miller-like TDKR storyline having no connection to MOS at all.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-17-2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #413
HolyPurpleSocks
Tusi Live

'Bats & Supes: Cuddlebuddies'

Innercity Bonfire, IMO.

"She wants to kill you, Dick..."
--George Clooney (to Chris O'Donnell)
'Batman & Robin', 1997
Old 08-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #414
regwec
Shakespearo

I am somewhat persuaded that the title is of secondary importance for such a potentially iconic film, and that the two symbols will probably be sufficient for most visual media. I still think you need some textual reference to the title, however, so how about shortening it into initials? The title would appear on posters like this:

BS

I cannot see any disadvantages in this approach.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #415
Airwings
Waves of air

regwec: You know what BS stands for, do you?
Batman "BS"s Superman

That must be a disadvantage

Old 08-18-2013, 06:36 AM   #416
regwec
Shakespearo

I don't know what you mean. I look forward to seeing "BS" emblazoned on every bus, building and T-shirt in the free world.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:40 AM   #417
Tobias
Side-Kick

If the next film is going to in fact be a WF stand-alone with just token connections to MOS then Batman vs Superman is perfect from a marketing standpoint.

Most of the excitement over the film and talk about it on the net centers on Batman - who will play him, what will his character be like, will they use a loose adaption of Miller's work etc.

WB is surely picking this up and it naturally will lead to a more Bat-centric film over time. If this moves from a stand-alone WF to really a Batman film I'd suggest this title:

The Dark Knight Rises Again

It will upset some fans but make more fans happy as Batman is much more popular. Some have already proposed that title for the film.

Practically speaking, the next film has to do huge at the BO to get to JL shortly after WF. That is the goal and will lead to solo Flash, WW, GL films etc. which is what fanboys have been waiting on for a long time.

How do you maximize the BO?

Build up connections to Nolan and TDKR hence calling it The Dark Knight Rises Again would be a brilliant marketing move.

Last edited by Tobias; 08-18-2013 at 09:46 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #418
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
If the next film is going to in fact be a WF stand-alone with just token connections to MOS then Batman vs Superman is perfect from a marketing standpoint.

Most of the excitement over the film and talk about it on the net centers on Batman - who will play him, what will his character be like, will they use a loose adaption of Miller's work etc.

WB is surely picking this up and it naturally will lead to a more Bat-centric film over time. If this moves from a stand-alone WF to really a Batman film I'd suggest this title:

It will upset some fans but make more fans happy as Batman is much more popular. Some have already proposed that title for the film.

Practically speaking, the next film has to do huge at the BO to get to JL shortly after WF. That is the goal and will lead to solo Flash, WW, GL films etc. which is what fanboys have been waiting on for a long time.

Build up connections to Nolan and TDKR hence calling it The Dark Knight Rises Again would be a brilliant marketing move.
In the publics mind , that makes it sound like a direct sequel to TDKR.
Never going to happen.

Old 08-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #419
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
I am somewhat persuaded that the title is of secondary importance for such a potentially iconic film, and that the two symbols will probably be sufficient for most visual media. I still think you need some textual reference to the title, however, so how about shortening it into initials? The title would appear on posters like this:

BS

I cannot see any disadvantages in this approach.

Sorry, but that might be the worst idea yet. "BS" – really?

Old 08-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #420
regwec
Shakespearo

Yes, really. I think we could have people talking "BS" an awful lot in Summer 2015.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:51 AM   #421
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Yes, really. I think we could have people talking "BS" an awful lot in Summer 2015.
Or the critical responses, like the unfavorable ones with pun-worthy titles. I'm imagining stuff like 'Batman vs. Superman is BS' or 'BS aptly suits 'Batman vs. Superman.'

"Come Think With Us."
Old 08-19-2013, 06:27 AM   #422
regwec
Shakespearo

...Yeah, okay. That was the joke I was making in the last three posts.

Old 08-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #423
Rowsdower!
THE WALL

Quote:

Brilliant! Why stop there?

Let's just not have Superman in it at all! Since no one likes him anyway and Man of Steel was a huge bomb and hated by 100% of critics, why establish any real connection to it? Just make the movie all about Batman and maybe have a Superman "S" on a billboard somewhere in the background of Gotham City!

Old 08-20-2013, 03:53 PM   #424
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:

Congratulations. You have CLEARLY outdid your own TROLLISMS's. Took awhile, but you did it. Keep going, Tobias. Get to that next level. YOU-CAN-DOOOO-ITTTTT

Old 08-20-2013, 06:45 PM   #425
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

"The Dark Knight Steals Someone's Thunder."

I jest, I jest.

Closed Thread