The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: So this movie should really be called...
Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) 9 5.49%
World's finest 64 39.02%
Superman/Batman: World's finest 39 23.78%
Man of steel: world's finest 21 12.80%
Man of tomorrow 7 4.27%
Superman: shadow of the bat 4 2.44%
Man of steel: gods among us 2 1.22%
other 18 10.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 06:58 PM   #676
treeringralph
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

If they go the marvel route, it will be called "Justice League: First Contact."

Old 09-30-2013, 07:04 PM   #677
roach
I am the night

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
For the most part, yeah. But now that the film's been released, everyone knows it.
You are either trolling this thread or you honestly believe that no one knew Superman was sometimes called the Man of Steel. Either way I am done with discussing this.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 09-30-2013, 07:09 PM   #678
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Because they didn't. I've never heard anyone outside of the fan community refer to him by that name and there were posters who came on here and said that people in their social circle didn't know that the film was about Superman. Superman's actual name was obviously going to be advertised more than one of his nicknames, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a huge deal.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:10 PM   #679
nikdavies15
GreekinWelsh

The Adventures of Bruce & Clark

Bruce & Clark: The Early Years

Brucey Loves Clarky

Seriously, who gives a monkey's? Reading all these pathetic arguments going back and forth, back and forth. It's a movie title, people. It's not the end of the world. Just be glad they're making the movie in the first place.

Now will you all please go back to either drawing the manips, or finding them online...because that and the rumourville is the only reason why we are here.

That is all.

Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #680
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Actually, those first two aren't bad.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:50 PM   #681
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Because they didn't. I've never heard anyone outside of the fan community refer to him by that name and there were posters who came on here and said that people in their social circle didn't know that the film was about Superman. Superman's actual name was obviously going to be advertised more than one of his nicknames, so I don't know why you're acting like this is a huge deal.
I don't know anyone outside the community who used the nickname of The Dark Knight or The Caped Crusader when referring to Batman, but Joe Average is still aware of who that nickname applies too. Same deal with The Man of Steel and Superman.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:00 PM   #682
The Batman
The Dark Knight

This argument pretty much sums up the problems with modern day film/superhero fans.

All this useless nitpicking.

Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM   #683
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
I don't know anyone outside the community who used the nickname of The Dark Knight or The Caped Crusader when referring to Batman, but Joe Average is still aware of who that nickname applies too. Same deal with The Man of Steel and Superman.
I doubt it, but it hardly matters now. I just hope that, whatever they call it, it'll be good.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #684
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This argument pretty much sums up the problems with modern day film/superhero fans.

All this useless nitpicking.
Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided. We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles. If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:04 AM   #685
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided.
The title dosen't have to be official for it to be nitpicked, as you guys are wonderfully proving.

Quote:
We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles.
...Looks more like nitpicking to me.

Quote:
If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.
You're acting as if this discussion had to devolve into its current status, which it didn't.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #686
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I agree a better title could be chosen.

But I recently heard Kevin Smith's testimony that the title alone will rake in so much money for the movie as casual/non-fans ask, "why are they fighting? I thought they were friends." and that does indeed make sense.

Old 10-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #687
Rorschach2012
$

Batman vs Superman is going to be the name. They've been flirting with that name for a movie for the past ten years

Old 10-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #688
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Batman vs Superman is going to be the name. They've been flirting with that name for a movie for the past ten years

I hope so

Old 10-01-2013, 11:49 AM   #689
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Nothing is being "nit picked" because nothing has yet been decided. We are discussing the relative merits of potential titles. If you knew that you would have "problems" with such a discussion, then this wasn't really the best thread to join.
Lord Forbid we have a discussion about the topic in a thread

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 10-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #690
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
You are either trolling this thread or you honestly believe that no one knew Superman was sometimes called the Man of Steel. Either way I am done with discussing this.
I've gotta completely agree with this.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 PM   #691
king666
(¨‿¨)

Superman vs. Batman

Old 10-01-2013, 12:26 PM   #692
Dk1201
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
Superman vs. Batman

Official?

Old 10-01-2013, 12:39 PM   #693
king666
(¨‿¨)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dk1201 View Post
Official?
I wish, haha.
I like the "VS." thing, and I'd choose Superman vs. Batman instead of Batman vs. Superman.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM   #694
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
I wish, haha.
I like the "VS." thing, and I'd choose Superman vs. Batman instead of Batman vs. Superman.
I think with Batman's name going first it makes him the aggressor in the title. This may go towards the story line that Batman comes to check out Superman.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #695
Dk1201
Side-Kick

I just want the darn title released this is turning into the who should be batman thread

Old 10-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #696
Rorschach2012
$

Batman vs Superman just rolls better. It's the syllables

Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #697
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

World's Finest!

We always need to hear Both Sides of the story.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:43 PM   #698
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

The "vs" has such a tacky and cheap connotation when it comes to movie titles.

Just let it be Superman/Batman along with both of their insignias and that should be more than enough. It doesn't have to be World's Finest (even though I personally like it) but I sincerely hope we don't get the "vs" title.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 10-01-2013, 03:23 PM   #699
Cobblepot
Giant-Size Man-Thing

"Men Of Steel"

Old 10-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #700
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Wouldn't work for Batman. He's not a man of steel.

Closed Thread