The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: So this movie should really be called...
Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) 9 5.49%
World's finest 64 39.02%
Superman/Batman: World's finest 39 23.78%
Man of steel: world's finest 21 12.80%
Man of tomorrow 7 4.27%
Superman: shadow of the bat 4 2.44%
Man of steel: gods among us 2 1.22%
other 18 10.98%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #201
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserana View Post
I don't get why some people are shocked I said that. Some of the people I know had no idea 'Man of Steel'; was Superman and normally if a few people don't know something quite a lot don't know the same thing. Some people are very ignorant when it comes to anything comic-booky or are just not interested so would likely never come across such information, even if Superman is/was a big part of pop culture.

I'm not saying that 6.5 billion people out 7 billion had no idea here. I'm just saying that a fair few probably didn't. Too a lot of people it's common knowledge but to some it really isnt.
Because the term Man of Steel has been so ingrained in the public conscious for years that it's kinda absurd to suggest many people wouldn't know where it came from. Had you said 'some' people that's a different story.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 07-29-2013, 07:24 PM   #202
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

Default Re: Batman Vs Superman: can't we find a better title than that? Any suggestions?

Well then I change it to some On reflection "many" is an exaggeration.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-29-2013, 09:09 PM   #203
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermouse View Post
''Justice''. Boom, done. As long as it is justified by the plot, IE someone does something bad and someone has to administer some Justice at some point, then it will be Accurate, Not a Mouthful, Allude to the Justice League, and just generally be a cool name for a movie.
That actually could work. It's simple, yet effective. Foreshadowing the Justice League, yet referring to the possible film at hand. Slap the logos on the poster and you're done.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:15 AM   #204
Axl Van Sixx
Comrade

Batman/Superman: World's Finest

"We know the freedom that argues against communism is the freedom to enslave and the freedom to exploit."—Blanqui

IMT supporter
Old 07-30-2013, 01:25 AM   #205
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
That actually could work. It's simple, yet effective. Foreshadowing the Justice League, yet referring to the possible film at hand. Slap the logos on the poster and you're done.
It is pretty cool sounding, but after what happened at the end of MoS and without exploring the ramifications of the decision to kill Zod, "Justice" gives off a Justice Lords vibe.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:23 AM   #206
Pondslider
Side-Kick

They should call it Green Lantern 2: The Rise of Aquaman

Old 07-30-2013, 03:44 AM   #207
Airwings
Waves of air

Some few years back, wasn't "Batman vs Superman: World's Finest" the title that always stucked with a project like this?

Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 AM   #208
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

Shouldn't it be Men of Tomorrow? or something to better convey that this is a film about two men rather than one.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10
Old 07-30-2013, 07:44 AM   #209
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Maybe someone who's good at sleuthing can go and find out what domain names WB has bought/reserved for the movie. Maybe that will give us some insight as to what it could be called.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 07-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #210
B
[insert witty comment]

I really, really, reallllyyy hope they don't call this film Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman).

In any of these sorts of films it implies that the film revolves around the 2 characters fighting with 1 of them emerging the clear winner & for me, I don't think that's a good idea. It also forces the audience to kinda pick a side, who they think will win. I don't like that either. I feel the goal of the film should be both of them perhaps not trusting the other completely, heck I will even take some form of fight between them if it can be done right.. however the story should be about them uniting to take on something else.

I'm almost sure that will be the case by the end of the film, however if that is the case then Superman vs Batman (or Batman vs Superman) is kind of a misleading title. I'd prefer World's Finest, Superman/Batman: Public Enemies or something to that effect.

I'd also like to know what this film is, is it going to be a Man of Steel sequel in which case you would assume Batman is an unknowing villian, a Batman reboot with a Superman cameo or is it a collaboration in which the focus is on both characters as a World's Finest or Public Enemies type story would be.

I am excited for what this could become, however this could also be a train wreck if it's not handled well.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #211
gdw
Side-Kick

The LAST thing I want to see is X VS Y, or World's Finest.

It would be fascinating if they actually just marketed it like that, with just the combined emblems, never actually giving it a name.

People would end up referring to it as something, probably the Superman and Batman movie.

People even still refer to Man of Steel as the Superman movie, or just Superman, etc.

The comic actually did this for a while, just using the emblems as the title on the cover.
Technically I think it had a title, it just wasn't used on the cover. I could see that working for this movie on posters, and trailers, just the emblems.

They could technically give it a title, but marketing it with just that image would be fantastic.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM   #212
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermouse View Post
"Justice". Boom, done. As long as it is justified by the plot, IE someone does something bad and someone has to administer some Justice at some point, then it will be Accurate, Not a Mouthful, Allude to the Justice League, and just generally be a cool name for a movie.
That may be the best idea so far. It doesn't really convey duality or choice in the same way as my idea of 'Truth/Justice', but it is concise and meaningful. I like it.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #213
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

"Justice" just on it's own sounds incredibly bland to me.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 07-30-2013, 10:14 AM   #214
The Guard
Side-Kick

"The World's Finest" is growing on me. I kind of like its throwback quality. Like "Man of Tomorrow", it could apply to Superman becoming the Superman we know, striving to be the best man in the world and dealing with those inherent expectations, the emergence of the world's finest citizens/people, in terms of Batman and other heroes, and to Luthor's goals and ego. It could also refer to Metropolis and Gotham themselves, The Daily Planet, the development of technology (S.T.A.R Labs and Lexcorp?), any number of things.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
Old 07-30-2013, 10:25 AM   #215
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
"Justice" just on it's own sounds incredibly bland to me.
Definitely. And it could refer to any other thing as far as the general audience is concerned. It could sound like a legal drama or almost like a revenge movie.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:36 AM   #216
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

"The World's Finest" or just "World's Finest" is without a doubt my favorite choice at this point.

Looks good, sounds good and feels symbolic.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. The Avengers | 5. Batman Returns
6. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 7. X2 | 8. X-Men: Days of Future Past | 9. Spider-Man 2 | 10. The Dark Knight Rises
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #217
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
"The World's Finest" is growing on me. I kind of like its throwback quality. Like "Man of Tomorrow", it could apply to Superman becoming the Superman we know, striving to be the best man in the world and dealing with those inherent expectations, the emergence of the world's finest citizens/people, in terms of Batman and other heroes, and to Luthor's goals and ego. It could also refer to Metropolis and Gotham themselves, The Daily Planet, the development of technology (S.T.A.R Labs and Lexcorp?), any number of things.
Both are growing on me. The cool thing about "The World's Finest" is in addition to everything you've said, it's also just a way of saying "the two greatest superheroes in the world", which works well for marketing purposes.
And yeah it has a throwback quality, but so does "The Amazing Spider-Man" and that movie is still a very modern take on the Spider-Man mythos.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 07-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #218
Deserana
2005/2008/2012

I don't get what the title has too with the GA? Does anybody know anyone who'd see a film based on title alone?

They go on trailers, tv ads and at the very least posters. All of which will advertise SUPERMAN and BATMAN to death.

Psychic though? That sounds like something out of science-fiction.

We live in a spaceship, dear.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #219
regwec
Shakespearo

All the stars have to align in the alchemy of hype.

It is unnecessary to point out that somebody's opinion is their opinion. Don't.

Worried they might cast a black man as your favourite superhero? :(
Old 07-30-2013, 01:00 PM   #220
WingedAvenger
Newbie First Class

Of Knights and Men...has a ring to it
Maybe throw in WF somewhere

Old 07-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #221
Rorschach2012
$

When you type batmanvssupermanmovie.com it leads you to wb's website. When you do the same with worldsfinest.com or worldsfinestmovie.com you get nothing. I think it'll be Batman vs Superman. Both batmanvssuperman.com and batmanvssupermanmovie.com are registered by wb. Supermanvsbatman.com redirects you to DC's website, and supermanvsbatmanmovie.com is unregistered. It's going to be Batman vs Superman

Old 07-30-2013, 01:27 PM   #222
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I really do think that Snyder made it perfectly clear that this is Superman's sequel and a sequel to Man of Steel. "We are making another Superman movie." The whole cast is returning. Fallout from MOS will continue. Questions will be answered.

With that said, I'd like for Superman to be in the title, atleast.

Superman: Worlds Finest

Man of Steel
Superman: Worlds Finest
Justice League
Man of Tomorrow

would be the the series of film titles I'd like to see showcasing Supes over the next several years....

Old 07-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #223
Gary Griffith
Side-Kick

2015: Batman Meets Superman
2017: House of Batman (introducing Flash and Wonder Woman)
2019: House of Superman (introducing Green Lantern and Aquaman)
2021: Abbot and Costello Meet the Justice League (with A & C playing the Hawk and the Dove)

Old 07-30-2013, 04:16 PM   #224
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I really want to see the title be Superman/Batman: World's Finest...that's a fitting title. Not Batman/Superman: World's Finest. If this is a true Man of Steel sequel then Superman needs to come first and foremost

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 07-30-2013, 05:35 PM   #225
\S/JcDc\S/
Panned User

First we have to determine if this is COMPLETELY separate from a Man of Steel sequel and it is literally a Batman/Superman film with characters on equal terms. If that is the case, we are pretty held down to options of the following: "World's Finest" "Batman & Superman" "Batman & Superman: World's Finest"