The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 144

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - Part 143

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-09-2015, 03:00 PM   #3
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

As a slight disclaimer, I think it's more important for people to look at "What does this role require?" rather than "What range does this actor have?". If the actor can bring the character's personality through it doesn't matter (to me anyways) if they're brilliant actors, as long as it's a good representation of the character. And those requirements change depending on the character in question.

The Joker needs a certain kind of actor with a certain range, Flagg, Deadshot, Boomerang, Deathstroke, Black Spider, King Shark, Killer Croc? Not so much.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #4
HaplessHenchman
Goon for hire

Default Re: All Things Batman v Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 145

I'm sure we'll get the teaser in this Part of the thread.

(Just keeping up the tradition...)

Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #5
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I really hope Suicide Squad doesn't end up being one of Ayer's misses.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #6
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Saw this, thought it cute.

http://faboarts.deviantart.com/art/S...scue-484440078

#ontopic

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #7
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPresident View Post
As a slight disclaimer, I think it's more important for people to look at "What does this role require?" rather than "What range does this actor have?". If the actor can bring the character's personality through it doesn't matter (to me anyways) if they're brilliant actors, as long as it's a good representation of the character. And those requirements change depending on the character in question.

The Joker needs a certain kind of actor with a certain range, Flagg, Deadshot, Boomerang, Deathstroke, Black Spider, King Shark, Killer Croc? Not so much.
Good and logical point. If most of the screentime is put on Deadshot, Joker (doubt it), Harley, Waller then great. The Croc's and Boomerang's of that world don't need the best of the best. But i want them to be passable. I KNOW that Croc will be passable because i know that actor. He'll actually be perfect for it. But Jai Courtney is really bad from what ive seen. I didnt like him in Jack Reacher. Yes he's involved in crappy scripts and im sure Terminator will be another one. That's why i hope there's not much Captain Boomerang. Im expecting the opposite though since Hollywood has been trying to shove him down our throats. They really think he can be a lead but he's not even supporting material.

Quote:
Snow Queen:They got a lot right, but they also did a lot wrong. The story for Arkham City, Harley's costumes, how Strange was handled in AC, Talia as well as her relationship with Bruce, Two Face, etc...
Exactly. There's tons of things they did wrong for the characters and even their looks. They got so much right and so much of it wrong.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:10 PM   #8
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
I really hope Suicide Squad doesn't end up being one of Ayer's misses.
Bruh think good positive thought's. Especially when one frame of footage has yet to be filmed.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:15 PM   #9
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Ayer's most recent project is Fury. We're good.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:16 PM   #10
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
Bruh think good positive thought's. Especially when one frame of footage has yet to be filmed.
That's hard to do when you dont care about certain films in the guys filmography. Sucker Punch is the reason why i dont trust Snyder. And the fact that i liked 300 but didn't love it. Felt the same about Dawn of the Dead. Liked Watchmen and Man Of Steel the most from his films but not loving them either. Ayer is actually more hit and miss.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:17 PM   #11
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Needing... BvS trailer... badly!

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #12
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Ayer's most recent project is Fury. We're good.
Just because his most recent film was good, doesn't mean he's going to do the same on his next one. Why? Because he's done some stinkers before that. Fury wasn't top 10 material for me when it comes to end of the year lists, but it was definitely an honorable mention. So im expecting to like Suicide Squad but not expecting anything more than that.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #13
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Is this still the SS thread or is it returning to BvS?

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
Old 04-09-2015, 03:20 PM   #14
Rorschach2012
$

The Arkham games

Right: Batman, Oracle, Alfred, Gordon, Robin, Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Ra's Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Mad Hatter, Catwoman, Solomon Grundy

Room for improvement: Two-Face, Talia, Bane, Black Mask

Old 04-09-2015, 03:21 PM   #15
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Good and logical point. If most of the screentime is put on Deadshot, Joker (doubt it), Harley, Waller then great. The Croc's and Boomerang's of that world don't need the best of the best. But i want them to be passable. I KNOW that Croc will be passable because i know that actor. He'll actually be perfect for it. But Jai Courtney is really bad from what ive seen. I didnt like him in Jack Reacher. Yes he's involved in crappy scripts and im sure Terminator will be another one. That's why i hope there's not much Captain Boomerang. Im expecting the opposite though since Hollywood has been trying to shove him down our throats. They really think he can be a lead but he's not even supporting material.
People shouldn't get uncomfortable with less than stellar actors like Courtney being included.

By virtue of importance to story and by the actors cast in the roles, we can be pretty sure Waller, Deadshot, Joker, Harley and Flagg are going to be the focal points. Which means the actors people aren't that hot on are going to have limited screen time firstly, and little of plot value secondly.

So far all indications are that this project is going to be quite decent. Ayer knows what he's doing, and the cast is kind of insane for a CBM property that isn't JL/Avengers. It's a team up of villains, and there's an Academy Award winner as an iconic villain and a bunch of other solid actors in the other high profile roles. The rest is noise to me.

Solid director, good cast

As long as the writing is as good as Ayer showed in End of Watch, Training Day, Fury or Harsh Times I think we've got a potentially great film coming up.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:23 PM   #16
Black Narcissus
Bad MF

Quote:
Just because his most recent film was good, doesn't mean he's going to do the same on his next one. Why? Because he's done some stinkers before that. Fury wasn't top 10 material for me when it comes to end of the year lists, but it was definitely an honorable mention. So im expecting to like Suicide Squad but not expecting anything more than that.
I agree with most of what you are saying. Only three actors cast so far have my interest. Also, Ayer is coming from two back to back good/great films.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #17
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
No offense man, but I think you might be looking for too many reasons to fear for this movie's wellbeing.

If Usain Bolt runs a 9.9 in his most recent race, but ran a 10.5 4 years ago, all other things being equal which time is he more likely to run in his next race?

Sabotage was mediocre, but that's probably more because Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington and Manganiello were headlining it. There's way more to be excited about than nervous about with SS.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:25 PM   #18
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
No offense man, but I think you might be looking for too many reasons to fear for this movie's wellbeing.

If Usain Bolt runs a 9.9 in his most recent race, but ran a 10.5 4 years ago, all other things being equal which time is he more likely to run in his next race?

Sabotage was mediocre, but that's probably more because Arnold Schwarzenegger, Sam Worthington and Manganiello were headlining it. There's way more to be excited about than nervous about with SS.
My god...that's a trifecta of bad acting.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:26 PM   #19
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post

Old 04-09-2015, 03:27 PM   #20
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Queen View Post
Somehow I think you can put that cast and screenplay in Scorsese's hands with Daniel Day Lewis giving acting clinics on set every day and it'll still be ****ing horrible.

David Ayer wasn't going to save that movie...nobody was.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:29 PM   #21
Black Narcissus
Bad MF

Quote:

Nah. This is some bs. We like to give props and credit to the director when **** goes right and we get a good film. We should give him **** when his films is awful. Ayer directed and co wrote Sabotage. He also chose his cast.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:32 PM   #22
theShape
In the shadows

Quote:

Your logic often confuses me.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #23
Black Narcissus
Bad MF

Pitt as Deatstroke would have been the cbm casting of the decade.

Lawd.

Be still, my heart.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #24
DeadPresident
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Nah. This is some bs. We like to give props and credit to the director when **** goes right and we get a good film. We should give him **** when his films is awful. Ayer directed and co wrote Sabotage. He also chose his cast.
Calm down Samuel, I agree with you I'm not saying director's should be absolved for crap projects, God knows if you choose Arnie, Worthington and Manganiello with ****ing corn rows that the film is probably going to be horse****.

What I'm saying is just because somebody made a mistake before doesn't justify people neurotically dissecting every reason that may possibly, potentially, speculatively lead to another mistake in the future.

Negative stuff almost always seems to get more attention than positive stuff, which is what I'm addressing.

Leto, AA winner cast as Joker: "K."
Robbie, standout performer in WoWS cast as Quinn: "K."
Davis, solid performer for like 10 years cast as Waller: "K."
Smith, fan favorite and box office gold for like 2 decades cast as Deadshot: "K"
David Ayer, after Fury and with a generally good track record as director: "K."

Jai Courtney cast as Boomerang: "SWEET ****ING JESUS THE MOVIE IS RUINED!"

Just calling for some consistency is all.

Old 04-09-2015, 03:36 PM   #25
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The Arkham games

Right: Batman, Oracle, Alfred, Gordon, Robin, Joker, Harley, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Riddler, Penguin, Ra's Al Ghul, Poison Ivy, Hugo Strange, Victor Zsasz, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Mad Hatter, Catwoman, Solomon Grundy

Room for improvement: Two-Face, Talia, Bane, Black Mask
The accent was a little much for Penguin but he was well-done. Strange was wasted and overhyped too. Id like to see that version of Catwoman in the movies, even though i didn't care for the voice acting. Harley went from good to meh.

Talia's look was pretty bad by the way.

Quote:

You might be right. My pessimistic attitude has a lot to do with the fact that im falling out of love for comic book movies, not that i ever had much love for them to begin with. The CBM's that i've enjoyed over the last few years have been Man Of Steel, Winter Soldier, Days of Future Past and Guardians of the Galaxy. But the more i watch those movies, the more i go from really liking it to only liking some scenes here and there.

Im also a little paranoid when it comes to Batman. I always want Batman connected films to be the best of the bunch.