The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Henry Cavill IS Superman - Part 15

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - Part 13

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-19-2015, 12:13 PM   #3
Rapunzel
Side-Kick

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
I watched Immortals primarily out of a desire to see Henry Cavill act, and considering how subpar the sotry and script themselves were, he proved it to me, especially during his first "fight" scene, when someone threatens his character's mother and he takes on three guys, and his facial expressions sell that he is focused entirely on that goal.

My biggest complaint as a geek was that for all the Greek mythology films out there, pretty much no one has the cajones to show more than one named Titan in a movie. I want to see Oceanus vs Posiedon, Tartarus vs Hades, Kronos vs Zeus, Atlas vs Ares, and Prometheus as the defector for once.
That description sounds good. Will watch ASAP.

And I hear you about movies on Greek mythology. I'm NOT Greek and it bugs me too. Which is why I never saw Immortals in the first.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #4
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - Part 15

Not Henry Cavill per se buy Superman.

This artist power washed images into the sidewalk.
http://trends-addict.com/powerwashed-sidewalk/

Old 01-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #5
herolee10
Team C.A.

Out of curiosity, do you guys think that Henry's Superman should become the leader of the JL in the first film? Or would it be better if he became the leader in a latter film?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:34 PM   #6
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Batman.

Always and forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #7
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Batman.

Always and forever.
Has never been the leader of the Justice League. They all look up to big blue.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:57 PM   #8
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Superman has to be the leader of JL, I think Batman is great as a strategist etc but Superman is the one they look to lead

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-19-2015, 06:01 PM   #9
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Out of curiosity, do you guys think that Henry's Superman should become the leader of the JL in the first film? Or would it be better if he became the leader in a latter film?
I'd like to see him become the leader at the very end of this film. It would be lovely to see a kind, fair, but commanding superman on screen. I thought Cavill did well with those types of scenes when he interacted with the military in MOS. The idea of something like that happening with the JL gives me goosebumps for some reason.

Of course, if they make him the leader, they also have the task of giving each of the JL members a reason to consider this alien a leader, which is no small task considering the personalities of the other JL-ers.

\S/T*
Old 01-19-2015, 06:02 PM   #10
Rapunzel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Superman has to be the leader of JL, I think Batman is great as a strategist etc but Superman is the one they look to lead
This. Supes has people skills Bats lacks. He's too crusty to have everyone trust him enough to lead the JL.

I see the film ending with supes getting WW, Flash, Aquaman and maybe Cyborg for the JL, but Bats refuses, ala the JL cartoon, but says he'll help if needed.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:05 PM   #11
Rapunzel
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I'd like to see him become the leader at the very end of this film. It would be lovely to see a kind, fair, but commanding superman on screen. I thought Cavill did well with those types of scenes when he interacted with the military in MOS. The idea of something like that happening with the JL gives me goosebumps for some reason.

Of course, if they make him the leader, they also have the task of giving each of the JL members a reason to consider this alien a leader, which is no small task considering the personalities of the other JL-ers.
Supes sacrifices himself taking out Doomsday. They think he's dead and rally together, but he's alive and they respect his behavior so much they make him leader.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Supes will pull a huge sacrifice like this to inspire all the other heroes.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:31 PM   #12
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Superman is the public face of the group and serves the role of 'leader', however Batman keeps everything grounded and in check.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 01-19-2015, 06:33 PM   #13
herolee10
Team C.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
Supes sacrifices himself taking out Doomsday. They think he's dead and rally together, but he's alive and they respect his behavior so much they make him leader.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Supes will pull a huge sacrifice like this to inspire all the other heroes.

That's the one route that I'm afraid that they might take and the one route that I really wish they wouldn't.lol

Heck, I'd be willing to see superman lose in his fight against Batman than take this route because this would almost double his chances of being the JL member with the "least amount of screen time" in JL since he'll probably be dead for awhile in JL before being "brought back" again.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #14
MAN O STEEL
HC is my superman

I always felt superman and batman were the joint leaders of the Justice League. Superman gives them inspiration, confidence etc, and Batman is the guy who gives it to them straight, speaks his mind. Both these strategies work in getting the league to keep going and fighting.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:41 PM   #15
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:

That's the one route that I'm afraid that they might take and the one route that I really wish they wouldn't.lol

Heck, I'd be willing to see superman lose in his fight against Batman than take this route because this would almost double his chances of being the JL member with the "least amount of screen time" in JL since he'll probably be dead for awhile in JL before being "brought back" again.

I hope Supes doesn't have to die in order to inspire as well, but given some of the set pics we saw, it's entirely possible that they'll go that route.

I think it would have more impact if they didn't, however. It reminds of a quote I loved from the movie The last Samurai with Tom Cruise...

After an battle in which a brave man dies, someone asks Cruise's character (who survives and knew the man): "Tell me how he died..." To this, Cruise's character says "I will tell you how he lived."

At this stage, I'd rather see how a living superman inspires folks through his good works, as opposed to skipping to scenes of his death.

\S/T*
Old 01-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #16
Rapunzel
Side-Kick

I think if Supes does die, it'll just be a thing in BvS and he'll be alive at the end of the film, for JL.

But no, he doesn't need to die. He could just show he's willing to.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:10 PM   #17
herolee10
Team C.A.

If he can survive this, then he sure as hell better survive Doomsday itself in BvS.lol

Old 01-19-2015, 09:39 PM   #18
John-An
Come to Paradise Island!

I just can't agree with guys about Supes dying in BvS. they are focusing on Batman and Superman and how that could lead to the JL. I respect it, but even if some people see something too literal as a destroyed statue and bringing flowers they think it was superman. I think it could be a whole different scenario, pals think about it.

And like Mrs Kent said. HE'LL INSPIRE THROUGH HIS ACTIONS, COURAGE AND BRAVERY he shows between MOS, BvS, etc.. I mean all the job he did, made people in charge put him a statue. However it could be a manipulation of Lex Luthor tho.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #19
John-An
Come to Paradise Island!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post

I just don't see it being in this movie... and I even doubt it on JL as well... We'll see... I'm the guy that thinks Supes actions through this time makes the inspiration part the leaguers uses to choose him the leader...

Quote:
Awesome gif!

Quote:

Neither of those things will happen...
I think of a tie or on 2 different scenes, Superman wins and in other Batman wins. Heck, maybe Superman leave Bats win to prove he's not dangerous or maybe they fight in training

Quote:
I hope Supes doesn't have to die in order to inspire as well, but given some of the set pics we saw, it's entirely possible that they'll go that route.

I think it would have more impact if they didn't, however. It reminds of a quote I loved from the movie The last Samurai with Tom Cruise...

After an battle in which a brave man dies, someone asks Cruise's character (who survives and knew the man): "Tell me how he died..." To this, Cruise's character says "I will tell you how he lived."

At this stage, I'd rather see how a living superman inspires folks through his good works, as opposed to skipping to scenes of his death.
THIS THIS AND THIS!!! I hope we see something like this as seeing the inspiration throug his acts around the globe.

Quote:
If he can survive this, then he sure as hell better survive Doomsday itself in BvS.lol

While I'm seeing this I had a theory that maybe the Phantom Zone really acted in this ocassion as a boom tube rather than a "prison" or a "black hole"

Well, if we see Faora, Hamilton again but on Apokolips or abducted by Brainiac we can discuss this thing with little more freedom.

Old 01-19-2015, 09:58 PM   #20
John-An
Come to Paradise Island!

HenryCavillOnline posted this...

AMAZING pictures of Henry outside The Chateau Marmont on January 8 shared by mckkidohfan on TUMBLR

Old 01-19-2015, 10:09 PM   #21
Mr.Bananagraber
Side-Kick

Are people really still thinking that Superman is going to die or be "taken out" in this movie? I can understand having worries but this specific one is simply ridiculous. WB confirmed that Superman is going to be in the Justice League movies and have a standalone Superman movie so y'all need to simma down

Old 01-19-2015, 10:13 PM   #22
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Even if he dies (ala Death of Superman) he comes back in Justice League.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:21 PM   #23
John-An
Come to Paradise Island!

He's not the Joker, Fallen

He's not good at faking deaths

Old 01-19-2015, 10:25 PM   #24
herolee10
Team C.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bananagraber View Post
Are people really still thinking that Superman is going to die or be "taken out" in this movie? I can understand having worries but this specific one is simply ridiculous. WB confirmed that Superman is going to be in the Justice League movies and have a standalone Superman movie so y'all need to simma down
lol; I don't think anyone is worried that Superman will be permanently killed off, but more about that he'll just "die" at the end of this film (thus inspiring people as a result supposedly) and that he'll come back for good in JL.

Old 01-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #25
herolee10
Team C.A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I just don't see it being in this movie... and I even doubt it on JL as well... We'll see... I'm the guy that thinks Supes actions through this time makes the inspiration part the leaguers uses to choose him the leader...
lol; well, I hope you're right about this John. I think the only thing that's throwing me off on this is the cemetery scene, which I know Cavil was spotted at, but it's the one "wild card" that I even figure out on what else it would signify other than Superman being at least presumed dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
It almost looks like he's thinking..."Please, you're not even in my league" to the blonde in front of him.lol

Closed Thread