The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #251
terry78
Smiling is for sellouts

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-2 View Post
Maybe Ultron isn't just Starks creation, but the Avengers creation....

Tony bringing his ingenuity,
with the team deciding to use Captain America's brainwaves because of his excellent moral and ethical code.
Banner designs the brain network, he basically wants Ultron to be a weapon that he can control!
Thor brings some Asgardian magic or he can just hammer the vibranium into place lol,

Basically its the team that decide to create Ultron, a 24hour a day, 7 days week, ultimate law enforcement machine, who can think, reason and make judgement calls. His suppose to be a prototype, something that the Avengers can offer the world as the perfection of protection.

So when he goes bad, its really on them as a team and not just Tony's mistake!

So essentially the film would be a lot of interaction between the team while they assemble the villain.
You forgot Black Widow's firm ass.

Old 07-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #252
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 4 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I don't want Ultron to look like an Iron Man armor. He needs to look unique.
Since Marvel introduced this newer armor in the comics before the films were out, I always thought the reverse, that Iron Man looked like Ultron because of the mouth and those tabs coming down.
I remember griping, "where the EFF is the GRILL at the mouth!?!" I wasn't really that happy with that part of the Armor lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #253
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
You forgot Black Widow's firm ass.
I'm not sure whether to think happy or horrifying thoughts based on that.

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 07-29-2013, 03:57 PM   #254
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
joss said they'll alter the head.
I would not be a BIT surprised they would.
the ONE Annihilation Ultron I didn't really like was that 6 eyed version. I could never see the point (and no that wasn't a pun) of having that many eyes. Just because he's that much more powerful.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Last edited by Vartha; 07-29-2013 at 04:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #255
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

not to also mention the cape. WHY the heck would a robot that thinks LOGICALLY have waisted eyes and a CAPE?

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 07-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #256
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I don't want Ultron to look like an Iron Man armor. He needs to look unique.
of course he wont. why would he? by "inspired by" i meant the technical design. that said, he will look like a metal humanoid robot in a general sense. but that applies to dozens of robots going back to the dawn of cinema. try not to be so literal.

and yes Ultron must have a firm ass. goes without saying.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-29-2013, 05:01 PM   #257
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The only thing I've asked for is an authentic Ultron, not just a killer robot. The Pym-Ultron dysfunctional (on both ends) relationship is what has always driven *both* characters in the Avengers comic, and Joss fails to recognize that. You *don't* get that same dynamic by plugging Tony Stark into the equation. Or Arnim Zola, for that matter.

The only thing the Stark As Creator theory has going for it is the "how" in Ultron's assembly. Nobody has put forth a legitimate argument about the "why." All we're seeing in the Stark speculation is just Killer Robot 101, sans the psychodrama, inexplicably and allegedly created by a man who has sworn off the manufacture of things that kill for a government that he utterly despises.
I agree with what you're saying at first here, but I don't feel like there's much reason to think that Whedon's take on Ultron is gonna be just some killer robot. He seems sharper than that, I would think he must realize that the appeal of Ultron is in how human and neurotic he actually turns out to be.

I mean, it doesn't just automatically have to go from Hank Pym creates Ultron straight to Ultron is robot guy that destroys the world..

I think the idea of Ultron being a glitch or a hack in Jarvis could lead to a lot of good ways to do him. You could have nobody really create him, just make him a glitch that develops when Jarvis is confronted with something too borderline human, and then once he exists, he hides himself from Jarvis and starts working on creating a body for himself from Stark's network of assets. And he has personality, he's angry, frustrated and unrecognized. He sees Jarvis as some kind of monkey. but since he's largely Jarvis, there's a personal relationship built into every previous movie that features Iron Man that suddenly is turned on it's head and can be used to instantly create this pre-existing history between Ultron and Tony Stark and the Avengers.

You know? if they make Ultron really embody Jarvis gone bad. And it's scary and it makes all of the Avengers vulnerable becuz of how entrenched Jarvis is in Stark's whole existence. And there would be the moment when Ultron finally gets his body created and is allowed to inhabit it and have an avatar in this physical world. Cuz the appeal of Ultron is partly in how much he is like a demon, roaming around maybe able to affect things that happen but always in need of a way to manifest here. In the meantime before he gets a body, he could take possession of other temporary vessels. like a microwave oven or a quinjet or something.

it's creepy, it makes you wonder...why does he even want a body? what's going on in his head? why does he wanna be real? you know?

these are all the real deep stuff going on with Ultron, it's almost like a Pinoccio story, really, just if Pinocchio was a murderous, neurotic ********, obsessed with the shortcomings of his creator. haha. i guess Ultron is kinda like Chucky in some ways too.

But that, I think, is so much better than him being created with a body, and I don't see how Hank Pym, in particular, necessarily means that the story is gonna be more deep or that it can't be told in other ways.

Cuz there's already Jarvis.

I mean, I'm not saying that this is the way it's gonna go, I'm just trying to provide a way of looking at it that Ultron still gets to be Ultron, but that doesn't involve Hank Pym, I really think it's possible and we don't need to assume that Whedon doesn't get the basic character of Ultron. There's some reason he wanted to use him, so hopefully, and I bet he does understand that Ultron is more than a killer robot.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #258
marcvader
Lurker #1

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Joeyjojo
And that's exactly what I don't want and meant. Iron Man inspired, your words, means he'll have elements that are recognizable has having been inspired by it. Wether it be technical or otherwise. The design for Ultron should be unique unto itself.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #259
fangz
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I don't see the 'why' in Ultron's creation as being very interesting either....

The idea of him not being created by anyone, I think, is totally the best way to do him. Worst way is Zola or any villain trying to create something bad.

Almost as bad is the EMH route where he was created as a ultimate weapon and later went bad. Those kind of things raise silly techno-ethical questions that are pretty shallow and tied to silly things people worry about today. Things like the big 'issue' touched on in TDK about cellphone surveillance. Oh god, i just pray they spare us that kind of pious garbage.

Ultron is not about technology, he's about Pinocchio.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #260
fangz
Side-Kick

@marcyader - my example was just my own thoughts, Whedon and whoever could come up with a bunch of better things, for sure.
but even in what I'm saying, there's no reason that Ultron has to look like Iron Man in the face. Ultron has a personality, the same reason that Captain America worries about a costume is the same reason driving Ultron to make his body look the way he wants it to.

It's not tied to together, Stark, in my example, wouldn't be the creator of Ultron's body.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #261
fangz
Side-Kick

In fact, in my example, Ultron would be more likely to NOT look like Iron Man, or possibly to purposefully mock the way that Iron Man looks than to be some kind of Iron Ultron Man.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:15 PM   #262
fangz
Side-Kick

just make Ultron look like the comics, I don't even know why there should be any debate or worry about the way Ultron looks.

Is there any reason to think Ultron is not gonna look like he does in the comics?
I didn't read all the SDCC stuff so I don't actually know what was revealed in detail there, or more, what was implied in interviews and such.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:17 PM   #263
fangz
Side-Kick

Vartha - Ultron doesn't think logically

Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 PM   #264
fangz
Side-Kick

that's obvious from just the fact that he wears a cape. that's what i love about Ultron, is he is able to calculate everything logically like u say, then at the last minute, for some reason, he's like...."NO! Gimme a cape!"

that said, I don't think he's gonna have a cape in Avengers 2. :
I can live with that just fine tho.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:29 PM   #265
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Yikes fangz.. multiquote lol.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-29-2013, 06:02 PM   #266
HUMANIMAL

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/07/29...age-of-ultron/

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 07-29-2013, 06:37 PM   #267
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
cool interview and this is actually what I mean about Whedon. He gets these characters. Magneto's not what Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is about. Being mutants isn't what they're about.

What they're about is exactly that...2 kids, a brother and sister, left on their own to take care of each other. That's why they're so weird and insular and that's why they make everyone uncomfortable. Pietro is totally about Pietro and Wanda Vs the World. Can't trust no one. Wanda wants to be part of the world. Everyone thinks Pietro is creepy, but he's not, he's just protecting this idea he has about things.

This is totally the kind of thing that should cut some slack for Whedon, he gets this stuff.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:40 PM   #268
fangz
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Yikes fangz.. multiquote lol.
yeah. people say that all the time. i don't get it.

what's the difference? there's one sentence in one post. there's another sentence in a second post.

or u could have two sentences in one post.
who cares? i'll use edit more tho, cuz people do say that a lot.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #269
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post

what's the difference? there's one sentence in one post. there's another sentence in a second post.

you made 5 posts in a row

Old 07-29-2013, 07:11 PM   #270
Mr. Dent

Aaron is definitely signing.

2016 - Captain America 3 | Batman vs. Superman | X-Men: Apocalypse | The Amazing Spider-Man 3 | Doctor Strange
TV - Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. | Agent Carter | Daredevil | Luke Cage | Iron Fist | Jessica Jones | The Defenders
TV - Arrow | The Flash | Gotham | Constantine | iZOMBIE
Old 07-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #271
Tissues
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I would not be a BIT surprised they would.
the ONE Annihilation Ultron I didn't really like was that 6 eyed version. I could never see the point (and no that wasn't a pun) of having that many eyes. Just because he's that much more powerful.
He added the eyes to show his union with the Phalanx in Annihilation Conquest.

My short film about hair loss.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 07-29-2013, 07:27 PM   #272
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Who are the two kneeling before Ultron?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 07-29-2013, 09:01 PM   #273
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I don't like the man of steel 2 forums.. noone responds to me there lol. You guys are better :-)

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #274
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post

Just sayin.

It looks nicer and most organized and is easier than reading 5 posts in a row. Just click the little button when you see a post you wanna respond to then when you make your post their all right there. Easy peasy!

Edit: Ironic that I posted right after myself haha..

Old 07-29-2013, 09:21 PM   #275
fangz
Side-Kick

haha. good points all, I'll remind myself.
:

Closed Thread