The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #301
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

To have Hawkeye as a keyfigure is fine with me since he wasnīt given so much screen time as one could have hoped for. He wasnīt even himself during 70% of the movie. Black Widow isnīt actually a hero and despite Scarlet being hot and all, I think we have seen enough off her. She will be a big part of Cap TWS. If someone is going down the toilet itīs her and not Hawkeye!

Old 07-30-2013, 10:31 AM   #302
The Ironstar
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

http://io9.com/does-an-avengers-2-ca...ns-o-959030699

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Marvel Studios and The Walt Disney Studios are now in pre-production on the upcoming sci-fi themed superhero feature film "The Avengers: Age of Ultron", and casting directors are auditioning actors for starring, co-starring, and supporting roles. The film's photo doubles and stand-ins for the starring actors, as well as general extras and featured background actors will be cast closer to the start of filming. The locations where outdoor principal photography will take place are in and around London, England. Indoor sound stage filming will take place at Shepperton Studios. Shooting begins in February, 2014. In "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" Loki is gone and the new villain will be the evil robot Ultron, who has the ability to keep upgrading his own strength, making him extremely fearsome. Tony Stark/Iron Man becomes the unwitting creator of Ultron. The brother-and-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch become the seventh and eighth members of The Avengers. Quicksilver has extreme speed, while Scarlet Witch can cast spells and has telekinesis ability. Black Widow and Hawkeye will be key figures in the film.

Old 07-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #303
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieMaster View Post
So, there's a casting call out...

Good luck with that unofficial description. This comes from the same site that swore Black Widow was starring in Iron Man 3.

"The brother-and-sister team of Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch become the seventh and eighth members of The Avengers. Quicksilver has extreme speed, while Scarlet Witch can cast spells and has telekinesis ability."

Not according to Joss. Joss hints that they're *antagonists* rather than protags. Might join by the end of the movie, though. And Wanda with TK....lolwut

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #304
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Isn't The Vision also going to be in the movie?

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 07-30-2013, 11:26 AM   #305
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
Nobody knows.
The speculation around Vision comes from Vin Diesel making all sorts of blatant references to the character on his Facebook and Twitter after his meeting with Marvel; and from the obvious attachment to Ultron.

For the record, there's nothing in official circles about Vision right now.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #306
The Question
Objectivism doesn't work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Not according to Joss. Joss hints that they're *antagonists* rather than protags. Might join by the end of the movie, though.
I got the impression that he meant they were going to not so much be villains as the'd be guys who were mostly on The Avengers' side but were highly critical and antagonistic toward them. Like, they want to fight Ultron too, but when The Avengers show up they're all "you guys are stupid, we can handle this ourselves."

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
And Wanda with TK....lolwut
What's so weird about that? It's not like her powers have ever been very well defined.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #307
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

How they're gonna realize Wanda's powers on-screen are a huge question mark. Can't wait to see what Whedon comes up with. Personally, im okay with a re-imagining of her character, including her power set - or at least the way they're manifested.

Using the comics as an inspiration is fine, but the bottom line is that the MCU is its own universe and therefore there is no CANON for Wanda or any of the other heroes. The comics and books are reference points, nothing more.

The fact that we've got such faithful adaptations to this point is nice, but its not essential. Especially with a second tier character like SW or QS.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-30-2013, 12:49 PM   #308
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Tony Stark/Iron Man becomes the unwitting creator of Ultron.
yecch.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #309
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Tony Stark/Iron Man becomes the unwitting creator of Ultron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
yecch.
Is this info legit?

Old 07-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #310
divan
Side-Kick

I've warmed up to the idea of having Tony built Ultron, after what we saw in Iron Man Three. The Tony of Iron Man Three had severe self-esteem issues and was quite obsessed with the protection of everyone he cared.

It would be credible for someone with this psychollogical profile to built a machine capable of protecting not only his friends and allies, but anyone. Ultron, if he has Tony's brainwaves, can still have the hidden self-esteem issues. Even if they don't bring Paltrow for the Oedipus Complex, Ultron can still have an insane human obsession towards Stark allies (i.e. The Avengers), or maybe even towards Stark himself.

Old 07-30-2013, 01:40 PM   #311
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Stark creating Ultron not knowingly can mean a lot of things.

He can be working with SHIELD or some other org, perhaps providing hardware for a project they need help with and he unknowingly provides high end tech for Ultron.

He can be working with an old or completely new AI that the council/Shield and he unknowingly creates Ultron because of tampering or accident.

He can with lets say Banner create the AI and tech for their own purposes and they unknowingly create Ultron in the process.
There are a lot of purposes for why he would even create Ultron.

My point is that unknowingly creating/unwitting creator can be pretty vague.

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-30-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:12 PM   #312
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I really want Vision either in this film or the next. Don't know about Vin Diesel in the role (not that I dislike him) but if it's a Vin Diesel Vision or no Vision I'll take it.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #313
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Evil View Post
I hope so, somewhere in Phase 2 would be nice.

Old 07-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #314
Rock Sexton
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
Stark creating Ultron not knowingly can mean a lot of things.

He can be working with SHIELD or some other org, perhaps providing hardware for a project they need help with and he unknowingly provides high end tech for Ultron.

He can be working with an old or completely new AI that the council/Shield and he unknowingly creates Ultron because of tampering or accident.

He can with lets say Banner create the AI and tech for their own purposes and they unknowingly create Ultron in the process.
There are a lot of purposes for why he would even create Ultron.

My point is that unknowingly creating/unwitting creator can be pretty vague.
Since when is Banner an expert in developing A.I.????

Old 07-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #315
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

That synopsis in the casting call doesn't sound legit at all. Sounds like something a fan would come up with. Especially the last part: "Black Widow and Hawkeye will be key figures in the film." Of course they will be key figures, why is that important enough to put in synopsis though?

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 07-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #316
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Tony creating Ultron still doesn't make sense to me just based off what we know and have seen in his character as present in the MCU. What would he be building to mistakenly create him? I doubt he will agree to work with the gov't, WSC, or shield on any projects and I doubt he'd venture into it as a solo hobby project. Just doesn't add up to me.

I'm okay with it if he is the creator, it just doesn't make sense to me presently. I'd need more information and reasonings as to why I guess.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 07-30-2013, 03:47 PM   #317
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Since when is Banner an expert in developing A.I.????
1. We know that Banner has been offered to work at Stark industries.

2. They were together in the end of IM3 (after credit scene)
which could mean that they will be working together or have a "close" friendship in AoU.

3. Banner in the MCU has been portrayed as a somewhat brilliant scientist.

I never said that he was an A.I expert.

"He can with lets say Banner create the AI and tech for their own purposes and they unknowingly create Ultron in the process.
There are a lot of purposes for why he would even create Ultron."

We saw that S.H.I.E.L.D. put both of them together to work on finding Loki
(I know that was his area of expertise in particular)

For all these reasons I think itīs possible that they will work together again.
Who is to say that Banner canīt help Tony in some way with the AI and tech?
Banner is a scientist and definitely a friend of Stark, so I can imagine all kinds of different things he could help with.
He could for one be helping with navigation, comunication, tracking equipment for Ultron.
I can also, this Iīm gonna regret saying, imagine a secnario where Tony work with Banner and they use Bannerīs
brain patterns for Ultron.

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-30-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:40 PM   #318
Loki882
Side-Kick

BW is not really a superhero huh. There's about forty years of Avengers comics that disagree with that statement. Tony creating Ultron makes sense as a continuation of his development from IM 3, so I wait for more info before making any judgments.

Old 07-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #319
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Black Widow isnīt really a superhero, not the typical anyway. I donīt know if you missed a couple of those comics but she has done stuff a lot of the guys I consider to be superheroes, would never do. But hey, thatīs just one mans opinion.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:09 PM   #320
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

its a semantic argument. the important thing is that Whedon thinks of her more of a superspy than a superhero and that's how hes gonna write and direct her character. works for me.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 07-30-2013, 06:11 PM   #321
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

She is a superhero. Not even Bond would try half the crap she tries in the Avengers. Her opening scene and jump in the New York battles are beyond ridiculous.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 PM   #322
marcvader
Lurker #1

She's a superhero. Some of you guys need to read more of the classic Avengers comics. Her being a superspy has been played up more the last decade or so.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
Old 07-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #323
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

lol how is she not a superhero? This reminds me of echostations "BW and Hawkeye aren't interesting characters because they don't have powers"

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-30-2013, 06:21 PM   #324
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

I feel like I'm in a Big Bang Theory episode.

Old 07-30-2013, 06:55 PM   #325
Mightyally
Mr Arcade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
lol how is she not a superhero? This reminds me of echostations "BW and Hawkeye aren't interesting characters because they don't have powers"
Iīm not gonna answer why she isnīt a superhero because I seem to be the only who think that.

The part about Hawkeye and BW I need to say some about.

Those who think chars without any superpowers arenīt worth having in AoU/A3 donīt know what they are talking about, and yes ppl think like this. Iīdont usually get mad but that is retarded.

My friend invited a guy he knew to skype. So he asked me what I was doing and I said superherohype forum and the disussion lead to some talk about AoU, and he says: "Yeah that Hawkeye dude can just die in the beginning, so that someone with some actual powers can get more screen time"

Hawkeye is one of my favourites I told the bastard. So he asks "Why? Thatīs just retarded he uses arrows when there are lasers, firearms and other much better stuff" I asked him if he ever read some about Hawkeye/TA. He says "Nope" But you have seen Thor? I ask "Yeah that viking dude" Me: Good then I take from you, your fantastic wisdom, and cast you out! He was kicked out of the conversation and that guy never sent a friendsrequest, that I can tell you.

Last edited by Mightyally; 07-30-2013 at 07:00 PM.
Closed Thread