The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2013, 10:52 AM   #351
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

In order to not crack? He could use the same material as IM + vibranium.
In order to pose an offensive threat towards Hulk or Thor? What you mentioned yeah I guess, how did he do it in the comics?

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #352
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post
In order to not crack? He could use the same material as IM + vibranium.
In order to pose an offensive threat towards Hulk or Thor? What you mentioned yeah I guess, how did he do it in the comics?
Ya, we've discussed the vibranium thing before. If he had both that and the weaponry SHIELD created from the cube, I could see better potential for an actual threat.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM   #353
Mightyally
Mr Arcade
 
Mightyally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,178
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Yep. I wonder how they will destroy him. We arenīt talking adamantium so they could physically break his body I guess, but it wouldnīt be an easy task if itīs titanium and vibranium. Maybe they use a combination of Scarletīs powers and Hulk/Thor beating the body until something within breaks.

I donīt want the anti matter vibranium solution that the guy with the broken leg (canīt recall his name lol, but Firestarīs boyfriend) used on Ultron 17.

Mightyally is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:21 PM   #354
steintym
Stay Frosty
 
steintym's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 6,968
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I would suspect the Scarlett Witch's powers would play a part in taking down Utron. That along with Stark messing with his programming and a healthy bashing from the others.

I do want to see Ultron nearly indestructible physically, though.

steintym is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:30 PM   #355
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

ooh...here's an idea. Stark creates a new security system for SHIELD.
SHIELD turns around and turns it into a weapon...which really pisses off Stark.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 01:38 PM   #356
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,847
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I really want to see a scene where Quicksilver rushes at Ultron and is immediately halted when Ultron grabs him by the neck and holds him up.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #357
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
ooh...here's an idea. Stark creates a new security system for SHIELD.
SHIELD turns around and turns it into a weapon...which really pisses off Stark.
that could work actually. my only issue is that it while the above scenario absolves Tony of most of the blame, it still makes him the focus of Ultron's rage and therefore the movie. I was hoping for a less Stark-centric film at this point. as long as they focus on the other characters more Im okay with it (in TA, stark got lots of screentime, but you can argue that Thor was the focus of the movie because of Loki).

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:27 PM   #358
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
that could work actually. my only issue is that it while the above scenario absolves Tony of most of the blame, it still makes him the focus of Ultron's rage and therefore the movie. I was hoping for a less Stark-centric film at this point. as long as they focus on the other characters more Im okay with it (in TA, stark got lots of screentime, but you can argue that Thor was the focus of the movie because of Loki).
I think the Stark-centricity of A2 and A3 will be unavoidable because he's their marquee name and he doesn't have any upcoming individual films scheduled.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 02:45 PM   #359
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,657
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

It makes sense, but its not "unavoidable". Five fewer minutes of screen time for Stark won't affect the bottom line in any way. Not at this point.

__________________
Originally Posted by KangConquers

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:03 PM   #360
marcvader
Lurker #1
 
marcvader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The MIA
Posts: 9,425
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

The way the Avengers was handled is fine by me.

__________________
* * *CAPTAIN AMERICA* * *
******THE WINTER SOLDIER******
__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:13 PM   #361
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destructus86 View Post
ooh...here's an idea. Stark creates a new security system for SHIELD.
SHIELD turns around and turns it into a weapon...which really pisses off Stark.
Again: why would Tony Stark build anything for SHIELD?
Most of you seem to be missing the point of Tony Stark's character arc over the entire MCU, and that is an absolute mistrust, aversion, and even hatred of all things SHIELD and World Security Council. Including Nick Fury.

Tony Stark would never build *squat* for SHIELD. Or the government. Or the Council. He would tell them all in no uncertain terms where they could stick it.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:14 PM   #362
Rock Sexton
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Somewhere in the Southwest
Posts: 9,139
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
It makes sense, but its not "unavoidable". Five fewer minutes of screen time for Stark won't affect the bottom line in any way. Not at this point.
You're trying to hard to ignore the obvious.

Rock Sexton is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #363
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyally View Post


huh really, well sure thing!
Thanks buddy. Means a lot

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #364
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

My one hope is that Ultron really isn't defeated for good in the movie. The team takes out the body and shuts down the system but really he's backed up somewhere and they only tease that for the audience. Avengers 3 battle royale with him and thanos both in it! (Oksy maybe not but I'd still like his return be left open but unknowingly to the movie characters

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:09 PM   #365
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,717
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
My one hope is that Ultron really isn't defeated for good in the movie. The team takes out the body and shuts down the system but really he's backed up somewhere and they only tease that for the audience. Avengers 3 battle royale with him and thanos both in it! (Oksy maybe not but I'd still like his return be left open but unknowingly to the movie characters
Ultron should never die. There should always appear to be some way he can rebuild himself. He is, after all, also known as "the evil undying".

Of course, I don't think the Avengers 3 would have him all over again, but if this had been a TV series, he could always come back in a later episode. Maybe he could show up in Agents of SHIELD.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:12 PM   #366
Ant-manic
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 4,019
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpocksBrain View Post
What are you talking about? He retrieved his helper robot "Dummy". And Jarvis needs no "retrieving". The AI exists independent of Tony's suits.
i'm talking about Jarvis being an A.I.; leaving a very obvious opening for him creating Ultron.

Ant-manic is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:41 PM   #367
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka
 
Hyde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: South West, UK
Posts: 3,474
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Again: why would Tony Stark build anything for SHIELD?
Most of you seem to be missing the point of Tony Stark's character arc over the entire MCU, and that is an absolute mistrust, aversion, and even hatred of all things SHIELD and World Security Council. Including Nick Fury.

Tony Stark would never build *squat* for SHIELD. Or the government. Or the Council. He would tell them all in no uncertain terms where they could stick it.
While I've found myself not agreeing with you recently, you're absolutely right on this one.

Stark doesn't like SHIELD. He doesn't like the government. When/if he creates Ultron, he's not doing it for them.

__________________
Twitter: @Jasper_CH

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #368
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,717
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

If Justin Hammer is still around, in the comics Hammer had his scientists hack into Iron Man's armour and caused him to kill a UN Ambassador. What if they hacked into JARVIS and uploaded their own AI which turned out to be Ultron? Or if not Hammer, then AIM could do it.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #369
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,683
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
If Justin Hammer is still around, in the comics Hammer had his scientists hack into Iron Man's armour and caused him to kill a UN Ambassador. What if they hacked into JARVIS and uploaded their own AI which turned out to be Ultron? Or if not Hammer, then AIM could do it.

....Or: what if Arnim Zola, a guy who specializes in killer robots and AI because he, um, IS one himself, hacked into JARVIS/Iron Man....?


.....(says the voice of one crying in the wilderness, yea, lo, and forsooth)

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 05:36 PM   #370
xeno000
Raining hell from above
 
xeno000's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Knowhere
Posts: 7,198
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Ultron should never die. There should always appear to be some way he can rebuild himself. He is, after all, also known as "the evil undying".

Of course, I don't think the Avengers 3 would have him all over again, but if this had been a TV series, he could always come back in a later episode. Maybe he could show up in Agents of SHIELD.
Of course Ultron never dies. He was the very first computer virus, able to invade other systems and hide his code in them, lurking and scheming, until he could secure another body to inhabit. He has been doing that since his creation in 1968, there's no reason he won't continue in the film universe.

xeno000 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 PM   #371
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
....Or: what if Arnim Zola, a guy who specializes in killer robots and AI because he, um, IS one himself, hacked into JARVIS/Iron Man....?


.....(says the voice of one crying in the wilderness, yea, lo, and forsooth)
Whedon already said Ultron originates from within the Avengers. Why do you keep bringing up Zola? I know you're upset about the Pymless Ultron, but the whole Zola/killer robot thing is a baseless worry.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 08:30 PM   #372
jaqua99
....I need a horse!
 
jaqua99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: dont you worry about that
Posts: 6,037
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
Whedon already said Ultron originates from within the Avengers. Why do you keep bringing up Zola? I know you're upset about the Pymless Ultron, but the whole Zola/killer robot thing is a baseless worry.
I totally see it. Ultrons origins comes from the avengers. It could still be relevant. Zola sort of develops this ai, which SHIELD is able to get their hands on...Cap doesnt trust it, and convinces Fury the same
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
which is why the two of them seem to have gone rogue if you will


Meanwhile, Stark is recovering mentally, and really trusts Jarvis at this point, and cause of the events of Ironman 3, he is willing to help SHIELD forward this project, and builds it's FIRST body, bringing Ultron into the physical world. Cap didn't trust this AI, and he turns out to be right. It still would be an Origin story

__________________
hi
jaqua99 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:04 PM   #373
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista
 
Crimson King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,917
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I totally see it. Ultrons origins comes from the avengers. It could still be relevant. Zola sort of develops this ai, which SHIELD is able to get their hands on...Cap doesnt trust it, and convinces Fury the same
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
which is why the two of them seem to have gone rogue if you will


Meanwhile, Stark is recovering mentally, and really trusts Jarvis at this point, and cause of the events of Ironman 3, he is willing to help SHIELD forward this project, and builds it's FIRST body, bringing Ultron into the physical world. Cap didn't trust this AI, and he turns out to be right. It still would be an Origin story
I don't see Stark helping SHIELD at all. After Avengers, I can't see him giving Fury or anyone associated with him the time of day. It's always been my assumption that the team will think of themselves as autonomous now.

Anyway, back to Zola. I have a hunch we'll only see him in flashbacks in TWS, probably when we see WS's transformation. It seems more likely that Ultron will either be an offshoot of the JARVIS program, or (my vote) SHIELD and/or the WSC creates the AI as a means of fighting rogue superheroes.

__________________
kingwrites.com // @kingmatte
Crimson King is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #374
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com
 
mkilban2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 3,332
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

I never want my questions of this film to be answered until I see the movie. I wish I could wipe my brain about knowing these types of websites lol. But my curiosity and the fun discussions get the best of me

__________________
"1983: I was 14 years old and I still have a nanny.. that was weird!"

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline  
Old 07-31-2013, 10:33 PM   #375
Broseph44
Dats what I'm saying
 
Broseph44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 4,336
Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I never want my questions of this film to be answered until I see the movie. I wish I could wipe my brain about knowing these types of websites lol. But my curiosity and the fun discussions get the best of me
Haha I hear ya man it's addicting to get on here and discuss everything up to the day of release. It's like we area part of it all haha. But me personally love to know as much as possible before seeing the film. Every detail, spoiler and Easter egg. I eat it all up beforehand

Broseph44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.